Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  A Real Mera in Paradise (Page 79)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 178 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167   168   169   170   171   172   173   174   175   176   177   178 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
A Real Mera in Paradise by Fiero-in-Paradise
Started on: 08-18-2009 04:06 AM
Replies: 7110 (186862 views)
Last post by: Vernonmera on 11-25-2023 05:59 PM
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Julian:

Daniel...
I'll post on your thread about the Mera-x.... after I read it further....

when you are done there you got these too.....10 pages, 201 threads in the PFF archives

Search in All Active ForumsEntire Forum + ArchivesTechnical Discussion & QuestionsThe Construction ZoneGeneral Fiero ChatThe MallEventsTotally O/TArchive: TD&QArchive: GFCArchive: TO/T Entire threadSubject/Username

Entire Forum + Archives Results 1 - 10 of 201 for Mera. Search took 0.056 seconds.

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next Sorted by Relevance | Sort by Date

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-07-2011).]

IP: Logged
GMplastic

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Julian --
Thanks. The car is 23 years old and has had some old-car issues, but all-in all its ok. It shows 48k on the odometer, but its been hit in the front end and repaired badly, hence, the stress cracks and such.

I'll be traveling up to Winnepeg on business next week, but after that maybe there will be time to roust it out of its long sleep.

The Mera fender badges would look fantastic on top of the yellow paint. 8085 had all kinds of 308 badging on it, inside and out, when I bought it. I don't have any of the original badges, and judging by the apparent age of the ones that are on there...they've been there for a while.

It does turn a lot of heads, but its not something that you want to drive if you're going incognito anyway. I DO, however have the original Mera front bumper and the formula shifter. It came with Rodney's bumper and short-shifter. I later purchased his SS exhaust tips to go with the rest of the exhaust system that someone changed to new SS and a 3" high-flow cat. It sounds really raspy compared to the other 2.8 Fieros that we have.

Here's Rodney's bumper and grill. I think he did a really nice job on these:

~~Dan
Julian

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JulianSend a Private Message to JulianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
~Dan

I put the performance cat on mine too....she sounds SAWEET! Post some pics of the back of your car... I went with oval tips to fill the hole in the lower panel. The dual tips stuck out past the bumper.... I want to see your Rodney exhaust. I organize an annual Italian car parade here in town for charity... I would NEVER put my car in that parade with real Ferrari's, Lambos, Masarati's, Lotus, DiTomaso's, Fiat's, Lancia's and Alfa's .... thus I just purchased this...

Thank God the Mera is almost 100%.... because the Alfa needs work!
------------------
Julian - MERA #8071

[This message has been edited by Julian (edited 04-07-2011).]

GMplastic

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm....I thought I had some other pictures of the back on this computer but for now anyway, this is the best I can do:

Your new addition looks like fun. There is a guy that lives down the road from me that has one that looks very much like yours.

The tips that I purchased from Rodney do not stick out behind the bumper. I don't remember if the old ones did or not, but the chrome was peeling off of them so they looked pretty tacky.

Off to go home and grill some burgers in the back yard!
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats it...I have to have one!!!!
Julian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JulianSend a Private Message to JulianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Johnny.... keep an eye on kitcars.com... I found mine there for $6800.... sometimes people think they are kits...

------------------
Julian - MERA #8071

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"I think someone said in here that it has that muscle DeTomaso look. Are yours 60 series profile...they fill the well nice."
That would be me. As soon as I have my new front tires mounted I will post some picture of mine with the 1 in. drop all around. My tire combo is 215/60/15 front and 265/50/15 rear. My speedo is dead on.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 04-07-2011).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tnx for the tip!
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GMplastic:

Hmmmm....I thought I had some other pictures of the back on this computer but for now anyway, this is the best I can do:

Your new addition looks like fun. There is a guy that lives down the road from me that has one that looks very much like yours.

The tips that I purchased from Rodney do not stick out behind the bumper. I don't remember if the old ones did or not, but the chrome was peeling off of them so they looked pretty tacky.

Off to go home and grill some burgers in the back yard!

PM sent
Julian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JulianSend a Private Message to JulianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys (and gal)...

I have not seen Tom on line lately ... (Mera in Paradise)
Has anyone heard from him? I sent him 2 PM's and no replies. That's not like him.
Maybe he's on vacation..... whait a minute.... where does a guy who lives in Hawaii go for vacation? Wisconsin?

Hope all is well.

I was asking him about reproduction badging for my MERA. My original badges are intact (missing one wheel center) but they are old and brital. I will frame them like I seen Rodney do.... but I want to replace them with reproductions.... anyone who can help please PM me or post in here. Looking for M E R A letters (not cut ones like Dan & Nelson), GTS, 2.8V6, wheel caps & MERA centers (x4), MERA nose badge (Gold without CC), door latch badges (x2)..... I will more than likely put a Pontiac emblem on the car too....or maybe on the top of the windshield the words "Pontiac".... or "Not Kit Car".... or something like that. By the way I did find the 4 replacement letters for the trunk "M E R A"...the font is close....but not close enough...so still looking.

So I don't post too much.....I'll also add this to the post..... Is there any intrest in a MERA Sunday drive in the Michigan area? Or maybe even crossing over to Ontario.... I know of a great local wine route that would make for a great day. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll start a new thread....

ciao

------------------
Julian - MERA #8071

reholmes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Richard, Mera's tend to ride much better with round tires too!

OBTW, they keep me awake, too
PFF
System Bot
reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

reholmes

920 posts
Member since Jul 2001

I have a MERA question that is driving me crazy. Does anyone else have the "shaky hood" problem? On my passenger side I can see the trailing edge of my front hood (near the windshield) shake when I drive.... I tried everything to adjust it.... no luck....and it pisees me off.

HELP!

A few pages back, I asked if anyone was having trouble with the trailing tips of the hood raised above the fender line. Rodney answered, to force them down and reshape that trailing edge curvature he placed heavy weights on the corners, and eventually they reformed. I haven't done that yet, but I can't get the hood down against the bumpers until I do. I think Rodney used wheels for the weights, and left them on all winter. Maybe he will respond to this.

[This message has been edited by reholmes (edited 04-08-2011).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The repro nose badge will have to come from Tom. Rodney may be able to help out on wheel center or door latch decals. WRT the Mera rear deck lid letters, It looks as if the original letters were also cut from other letter groups. I have managed to find an exact font match (compared to the original letters) but the supply is quite limited and is not cheap. I believe that I know where there is a NOS 2.8 V6 badge and I think that I have two original ones (off the car) in my basement.

Nelson

Hey guys (and gal)...

I have not seen Tom on line lately ... (Mera in Paradise)
Has anyone heard from him? I sent him 2 PM's and no replies. That's not like him.
Maybe he's on vacation..... whait a minute.... where does a guy who lives in Hawaii go for vacation? Wisconsin?

Hope all is well.

I was asking him about reproduction badging for my MERA. My original badges are intact (missing one wheel center) but they are old and brital. I will frame them like I seen Rodney do.... but I want to replace them with reproductions.... anyone who can help please PM me or post in here. Looking for M E R A letters (not cut ones like Dan & Nelson), GTS, 2.8V6, wheel caps & MERA centers (x4), MERA nose badge (Gold without CC), door latch badges (x2)..... I will more than likely put a Pontiac emblem on the car too....or maybe on the top of the windshield the words "Pontiac".... or "Not Kit Car".... or something like that. By the way I did find the 4 replacement letters for the trunk "M E R A"...the font is close....but not close enough...so still looking.

So I don't post too much.....I'll also add this to the post..... Is there any intrest in a MERA Sunday drive in the Michigan area? Or maybe even crossing over to Ontario.... I know of a great local wine route that would make for a great day. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll start a new thread....

ciao

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OHHHHH TODAY IS A GLORIOUS DAY, INDEED!!!!!

daniel
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The lowered suspension mods on my Mera are done! I ended up using Rodneys 1 in, lowering ball joint in front with the original ( for this Mera) 88 tapered front springs. I still have not seen another set like them. With another 88 front spring installed with one coil removed it was just too low for daily driving. On the rear we just removed 1 coil from the stock rear spring and "flipped the strut hat". The Mera has plenty of suspension travel and looks really great.

The squeaky poly bushings are now totally quiet. We disassembled everything and coated it with hi temp anti seize. It is waterproof and should last quite a long time. My wife could not believe it is the same car.

Before my Mera seemed a little too soft in the rear compared to the front over large bumps. Now both ends are compliant over bumps but the rear does float, or try to bottom. I know cutting the coil increases the spring rate and that is exactly what my car needed.

We marked the rear struts and installed them exactly the way they came out. The alignment still tracks nice and straight, but next week it still goes in for a 4 wheel alignment. After that, the new 215/60/15's get installed on the front. The rears have already been replaced.

on Rodney's ball joints. Everytime I think I have purchased the last thing I will need from him he comes up with something new.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 04-09-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick 88

3914 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Originally posted by reholmes:

A few pages back, I asked if anyone was having trouble with the trailing tips of the hood raised above the fender line. Rodney answered, to force them down and reshape that trailing edge curvature he placed heavy weights on the corners, and eventually they reformed. I haven't done that yet, but I can't get the hood down against the bumpers until I do. I think Rodney used wheels for the weights, and left them on all winter. Maybe he will respond to this.

I may try this on mine during the summer months because the heat should help the process. Instead of wheels, I am going to use one gallon plastic water bottles to start. I am worried wheels may be too heavy and crack the hood. Does anyone think the center of the hood may need to be supported to get the corners to drop? Any other ideas on how to do on this?

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 04-09-2011).]

Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My hood does the same. I asked a body man about what to do, AFTER trying to adjust the latch & bumpers. What he said made sense, that if I brought the ends down, that the pressure from that point would relieve it's self in the center of the hood by warping it up. I am just living with it, not liking it, but I think a hump in the center would look worse than the corners up.
WWP
reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am going to use one gallon plastic water bottles to start.

Does anyone think the center of the hood may need to be supported to get the corners to drop?

Bet you'll find the bottles not heavy enough--I put 35# of free weights on my corners and didn't think it was enough.

The center latch should be within a few mms of bottoming out, so I don't think raising the center would be required--additionally, you don't want to bend the hood too much.

Guess I'm with you, Wayne, gonna live with it, but am very interested to see how it turns out for Rick.
Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bet you'll find the bottles not heavy enough--I put 35# of free weights on my corners and didn't think it was enough.

The center latch should be within a few mms of bottoming out, so I don't think raising the center would be required--additionally, you don't want to bend the hood too much.

Guess I'm with you, Wayne, gonna live with it, but am very interested to see how it turns out for Rick.

It all comes down to that old law of physics: "For every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction."
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmmmm, 35 lbs and it still was not enough? I may have to rethink this. If I leave the center of the hood supported by the latch, perhaps I should remove the height adjusters to allow the hood to bend down a little more at the corners when they are weighted.
Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick, you have the help of a nice hot sun, which may help your experiment, only thing is that hood is very thick hand laid fiberglass, so its going to take time as well. You may also consider that after 20+ years, that glass might have a "memory" wherein it may return to its old shape?
WWP
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok so i cant hold it any longer...........

CONFIRMED!!!

the 1986 ProtoType has a Manual Mirror....but get this???

its the passenger side!!?? you see the pattern...i got a manual drivers it has the manual on the passenger side.
are the powered mirrors sold as a set or what?? this is crazy. did i not say that #6001 would have a manual mirror? i never thought it would be the passenger side tho. CRAZY!!!

now you say..."Dan how do you know this for sure??"

.....hummmmmmm

say hello to Mera #6001 and Mera #8086.......and of course you all know Mera X

you all can give up on the Phots contest, no??

thats the worst one

hot dam i got to hook up with cool cats, Alan, the two Rons and Jimmy.....nice fellas.

i took over 150 pictures and some VHS tape too

i am sifting now....but i tell ya might want to get a bunch of hot chicks or something, just saying

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-09-2011).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

some of these ARE good....not bad. huh?

hey how do you tell if these pictures are over 300 mpi or whatever??

they are the lowest "star" rating out of 3 these are a 1 star. out of a old 3.1 mp camera..

these may not have enough MPI's to be on the cover. i got 3-4 real good shots of all three nice and tight in the lower1/3 of frame. we will see....

G'night

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-10-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nic pics Dan!

I believe your car is an early production Mera. Not many kit builders would pony up $$ for Vitaloni mirrors, or use the same pattern leather Corporate Concepts did for their upgade seat upholstery. Your upholstery matches the one owner 87 Mera here in El Paso.

Who is the owner of the 88 with the black headlight covers? Can you tell us more about his car?

One thing I noticed is how far inset the Chromadora rear wheels were in the fenders of the other two Mera's compared to your car. How big a spacer are your running? Are they hubcentric?

I have taken some pictures of mine, but I am still having trouble posting them. How much time do we have to submit them to the
magazine?

Question....Does each home in the picture have two double garages? That is my kind of place.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 04-10-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick 88

3914 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Originally posted by Wayne Wm. Peterson:

Rick, you have the help of a nice hot sun, which may help your experiment, only thing is that hood is very thick hand laid fiberglass, so its going to take time as well. You may also consider that after 20+ years, that glass might have a "memory" wherein it may return to its old shape?
WWP

Wayne, you may be correct on the memory issue. Rodney did this on his car and his hood fits correctly as you can see in picture of on this thread. However, I do not know how many years back the mod was done. This would be a good time for Rodney to comment here.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nic pics Dan!

I believe your car is an early production Mera. Not many kit builders would pony up $$ for Vitaloni mirrors, or use the same pattern leather Corporate Concepts did for their upgade seat upholstery. Your upholstery matches the one owner 87 Mera here in El Paso.

Who is the owner of the 88 with the black headlight covers? Can you tell us more about his car?

One thing I noticed is how far inset the Chromadora rear wheels were in the fenders of the other two Mera's compared to your car. How big a spacer are your running? Are they hubcentric?

I have taken some pictures of mine, but I am still having trouble posting them. How much time do we have to submit them to the
magazine?

Question....Does each home in the picture have two double garages? That is my kind of place.

Rick....deadline is May 31st. post your throw aways here, but save the contest photos till after the contest.
fun little game to play.

send me them pics esmulder@att.net i will post em. no problem at all

and no i think they get a garage and a carport. 1 per it seemed.

#8086 is owned by CoffeeRon. its his daliy driver, even in the winter. here in MI, thats balls!
got a huge 22 inch monitor with an inverter in back 2 batteries. bunch of movies loaded with over 8000 songs. its also lowered,too.
now i see why you guys do it!
looks sharp. he did the same thing you did. it looks like it "streaches" the car. total optical with them all togeather.
the 86 and mine looked clearly shorter in length than #8086. i can show you better, i think

i thought i had pics of his interior and trunk area. must be on the VHS. i cant digitize that yet. i need a converter.

plenty more....

d

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
ohhh yeah my spacers are huge.....

and i do believe they are lug centric. i got the conical lug set up both in the wheel and the nuts them selves.
how do i tell if i have hubcentric. them nuts look flat i think. gotta go see for sure.
but 275 miles later and all was tight, when i checked !

d

Julian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JulianSend a Private Message to JulianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

ONE OF THE BEST PICTURES I'VE EVER SEEN.... great job with the wideangle lens.
Awsome... wish you could of included the roofrail and complete door sill.... would make an awsome circle efect frame.... almost like a fishbowl....
------------------
Julian - MERA #8071

[This message has been edited by Julian (edited 04-10-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan,

Hubcentric spacers will have an extended center ring around the hub opening. This fits into the back of the wheel itself to center it on the spacer perfectly. I installed 1 in. wide billet hubcentric spacers on the rear. What a difference. My rear wheels are no longer inset and look great viewed down the side of the car. Be sure to follow the torque specs for you spacers. and recheck them after a couple of hundred miles. I have no vibration issues so far at speeds up to 80 mph.

My car looks to lowered the same as Coffee Ron's. You are right about the car appearing to be longer. What options does his Mera have? It looks very nice.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 04-10-2011).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i will look into them hubs.....i got to gets that money today. little helping of a friend will buy Mera X something
need more horsepower!!!

air box tap to the drivers door scoop. you guys got this??

Mera X season3, is off with a bang. now to go national. where you guys want to meet?? Kansas? OK??
some place in the center and south and west from me. COLORADO!!!!! talk about photo OP's.....

d

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-11-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan, did you pull the inner fender to get the air box pic?
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no sir, theres a hole under there. i looked in it when i had it all jacked up to get new tires.

notice the tire top left and the wheel well in between...

its a mess in there i got swamp grass or something....

and i dont want to know what that is.....

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-11-2011).]

Julian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JulianSend a Private Message to JulianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone please measure the length of the "M. E. R. A" emblem on the rear deck? From the start of the letter M to the end of the letter A. I can figure out the spacing. Also, do the letters go on the slightly deflected tailing end of the trunk? Or on the flat part of the trunk?

------------------
Julian - MERA #8071

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that Tom gave those dimensions earlier in the thread (based on his original letter positions). If he did not, I will take a measurement on my car but you should note that I removed the original letters when repainting and then reapplied them.

Nelson
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can someone please measure the length of the "M. E. R. A" emblem on the rear deck? From the start of the letter M to the end of the letter A. I can figure out the spacing. Also, do the letters go on the slightly deflected tailing end of the trunk? Or on the flat part of the trunk?

to help you eyeball
Toms Mera 8044.

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-12-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Julian,

If you go to page 13 on this thread you will see the MERA letters on my car. It is about 2/3rds way down the page along with some other pics of my car. It is original paint and the letter have not been removed. Sorry, I can figure out how to move the picture to this post. I appears that Tom's letters were positioned differently than mine. Maybe Corporate Concepts did not really position the letters all the same when the cars were assembled.
Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey fellas! Sorry for my long absence, been pretty busy, only have a chance for a quick look now and then. Thanks for the pms! Julian, I'll check into the badges for you. Also, here's the measurements you're looking for:

Overall width of the "MERA"lettering is 24 CM.

And the letters are 2.5 CM from the edge of the trunk lid (looks a little deceiving in this pic due to camera angle. The edge is on "0" though).

Dano, thanks for the tip on the bumper, but I have a spare already. I bought it from that the seller on e-bay a while back. Had to pay top dollar...didn't want the bumper, just the two-slat original grill that came with it!

Wow, those white lettered tires really make we wonder how it would look with a red Mera. I like it!!

Recently, I was going to list my Mera for $10K/OBO on craigslist. But I took for a long drive that weekend, and changed my mind

Later, gotta run!
Tom

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Tom,

Don't be a stranger. Do you still have some of your Mera badges left?
Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rick,

I need to put in another order since I was not happy with the last order. Do you need the gold nose badge (does not have 'CORPORATE CONCEPTS") or the silver nose badge (with "CORPORATE CONCEPTS")? And does anyone need the really small badge that go on top of the Fiero logo near the door handle?

Also, the gal I know can make 2" circular stick-on badges with same Mera logo, either gold tone or silver. But I need to know is 2" too big, small, just right??

Finally, wondering if anyone knows how to cover these with automotive quality resin? The gal can cover them, but its not automotive quality, and it may tend to turn yellow. Don't know for sure. I may order some and just leave em in the sun and see what happens.

Later, now I really gotta run!
Tom

[This message has been edited by Fiero-in-Paradise (edited 04-12-2011).]

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the e-mail address of a guy that does doming over decals (jim.hallstrom@comcast.net). I believe that the most expensive part is the initial setup charge but have not spoken with him myself.

Nelson
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 178 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167   168   169   170   171   172   173   174   175   176   177   178 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock