Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  A Real Mera in Paradise (Page 60)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 178 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167   168   169   170   171   172   173   174   175   176   177   178 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
A Real Mera in Paradise by Fiero-in-Paradise
Started on: 08-18-2009 04:06 AM
Replies: 7110 (186862 views)
Last post by: Vernonmera on 11-25-2023 05:59 PM
mera7

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2011 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wayne Wm. Peterson:

#8002, Several things: First, since I am new here, is this thread like "the one" for all things Mere? If so I would like to add my two cents worth, and maybe figure out a few of my cars odd habits. Things like amber brake lights & and a front end that gets lite at 90mph?

move the battery upfront. should help.
IP: Logged
reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Things like amber brake lights & and a front end that gets lite at 90mph?

Wayne,

The amber lights coming on with the brakes is addressed earlier on this page. The light front end at speed is a characteristic of car design in the '70s. The solution is dams and valences under the nose which, I believe, would spoil (no pun intended) the looks of the car--or drive slower.

Another note: Weight distribution in the Fiero is really pretty good--additionally, the Mera hood weighs a ton. I believe the solution lies in air-flow management. OTOH, when I want to go really fast, I get Carole to ride on the hood ;-)

Dick

OBTW, next time you are so inclined, put up your headlights and see if that helps.

[This message has been edited by reholmes (edited 01-07-2011).]

Wayne Wm. Peterson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I could driver slower........nah.
Where can I get one of them Carol things for the hood ? Never mind, my wife would never let me get one, she calls it my "toy car" now. Maybe if I stuff my neighbors cat under the hood, he likes walking there.?
As for headlights up, what the heck, its worth a try, though I do think the car looks like a sick frog with them up. Only problem is its going be awhile before the Wisconsin weather will cooperate.
WWP
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a thread on Pennocks where a member installed GM door frame vents under the hood of his Fiero to vent trapped high pressure air. That way you do not have to vent the hood and your front end will stay down, as well as your headlights. I will try to locate it.

It appears we have located three of the six 88 GT Mera's. Mine is 8011 which is also early in production. My car also has factory GT leather seats instead of the Mera leather that was optional for cloth equipped cars. The Mera leather is a different pattern, and shade, than the GM leather. Unaltered GT Meras will also have the Fiero GT steering wheel instead of the Formula 4 spoke wheel. My car also has the factory "Performance Sound" (subwoofer) which was not orderable on the Formula and optional on GT. If Nelson's 88 GT is also an early number we may have our answer. Perhaps Formula's were not readily available early in the 88 Mera production. Coorporate Concepts used the Formula in 88 to keep down inital cost, and alllow them to install their own leather if the customer wanted. To verify you actually have a GT the VIN number has a different letter code than the Forumula. I can't recall what the two model codes are, but I am sure it is posted here on the forum as well.

Here is a trivia question. Do any of you know if a Mera was produced without A/C?
Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#8002: My 88' has A/C, also the upgraded sound system and sunroof. Leather is Fiero GT, and steering wheel was a stock GT three spoke until I switched it to a vintage Nardi wood wheel, which I must say looks real nice. As for numbers, mine is: 1G2PG1191JP202968, if that helps locate its spot in Mera history.

FYI: I have in my collection of auto show books one put out by Pontiac in 1988 called "The Hot Ones" High performance Handbook, there is a big section about Fiero, and what was done, and will be done, to make it more "Performance minded". There is a lot about the suspension changes for 88' but two things caught my eye; one is a NEW 370 hp 3.0 Super Duty 16 valve "Race Engine." Anyone know anything about that? OR the "Speed-sensitive" power steering, did that make it into production? I ask because I think my car steers to good for a non-power rack.?

I have wondered what happened to my cars Big Brother #8001, and just how much they are alike.

WWP
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2011 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
moving the battery to the front does a couple of things... the removal of 30-40lb battery from the mid to rear of the car gives less sprung weight in the rear and then adds it to the front of the car. although minimal it does affect the balance and will help a bit. we do it on our porsche race cars all the time, ie move batterys move fuel cells, whatever to make the car more balanced.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like our cars are almost twins. Mine has the sunroof as well. I also have a copy of the "Hot Ones" booklet. The Super Duty engine was a racing motor only available thru Pontiac parts. Even though your 88 owners manual shows it, no 88 Fiero was sold to the public with power steering. 88's however do steer much easier than the 84 to 87 models. This is due to the revised front suspension, and on stock Formulas and GT's, 6 in wide front wheels instead of the 7 inchers on previous year GT's.

There are a some factory power steering systems out there. One is installed on a Fiero as I recall. They are selling for quite a bit if you can find one. One issue with them apparently was excessive opeational noise. The fact that the Fiero was already due to be discontinued sealed the fate of the electric power steering for the car.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 01-07-2011).]

Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First, I will try shifting that weight issue around, and let you know how it works.
Second, did that HP racing engine ever come out in any cars, or are they sitting in some now closed Pontiac dealership in Back Water Miss?
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most of those engines went in to racing Fieros. There was one for sale here on the forum recently. It was pretty pricy as I recall.
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

First, I will try shifting that weight issue around, and let you know how it works.

you still got the Spare and jack up there too? those weigh some

i get over 105 mph alot (love it) not bad at speed.

when i bought Mera X, i noticed that the front "spoiler" was cut out.
the 3 holes, in the front below the 2 slat Radiator grill.
wonder if this helps or hurts. seems like it would help cool. keep more air flowing.
looks alright

the evidence points to a situation where X may have ran over something rather big. like a rock. theres a little damage under the car. folded metal and such. i will have to check this out when it warms up......ITS F-KING 7 DEGREES, NOW and i must leave.....dam!

interesting to see how this all pans out.

Dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-08-2011).]

Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dan, I do have both the jack & spare up there, it's freak'n cold here also, but I did see a good sign, a robin! Of course he was frozen, hanging upside down, from a branch, dead too, I think? Once things warm up I will add some weight and give her a test drive, before I move the battery. As I look at your car Dan I noticed that on #8002 my turn sig's are in my bumper and where yours are on your car I have fog lights? I would post photos of my car but my MAC does not like the posting software here.

I am at a real crossroads here, on one hand I don't want to make major changes in my car (like engine), because (A) there's nothing wrong with it & (B) it's a low number car and a engine change might ruin its value, which of course is only "important" if you want to sell it, which I don't, confusing.

I have some insight on low production cars as for several years I had Excalibur Motor Company as a client, but I want to tie that to the proper quote, and am not sure just which that might be.
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Dan, I do have both the jack & spare up there, it's freak'n cold here also, but I did see a good sign, a robin! Of course he was frozen, hanging upside down, from a branch, dead too, I think? Once things warm up I will add some weight and give her a test drive, before I move the battery. As I look at your car Dan I noticed that on #8002 my turn sig's are in my bumper and where yours are on your car I have fog lights? I would post photos of my car but my MAC does not like the posting software here.

I am at a real crossroads here, on one hand I don't want to make major changes in my car (like engine), because (A) there's nothing wrong with it & (B) it's a low number car and a engine change might ruin its value, which of course is only "important" if you want to sell it, which I don't, confusing.

I have some insight on low production cars as for several years I had Excalibur Motor Company as a client, but I want to tie that to the proper quote, and am not sure just which that might be.

first.....sit down and you are welcome......now the bad news.....your bumper lights are an aftermarket 308 kit car thing. most likely Rodney Dickmans F-Car special......sorry. i assume from this post you like your low production cars, OEM? My turns are it,OEM Mera! but, really they are OEM Fiero, so no big whoop.

speaking of which.
excuse me for a moment......TOMMY??BRAGH!!!! KEEP WATCH OF YOUR DOOR STEP!!!

sorry....where was i?ohh yeah, if you dare to go thru this entire thread you will see all the cool OEM Mera things that have shaken loose.....if you want a more abrevated version you have to wait....its a work in progress.

as far as your wanting to mod your car....believe me i KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. right guys

but Rick88 has the plan....actually NELSON has the plantop swap the 2.8 with a 3.4 and use Mikes copper gaskets for a turbo and if we dare, NITROS!!!!!! how you say ..... "GETYASUM"???

brother thats the ticket....but *burst bubble time* are you willing to pay the concinquences when WE hit a tree or something.
more power is a temptation i will fail at totally!

i have made concessions with my self tho, if i do more power i will only drive it to and from shows and the track. less things to hit....at least.

or we get a kit and throw the mod in that and no- one will likely know. its a switch-re-roo.....we will be saving our Meras behind the guise of a kit with a Ferrari 308 mask on. now i would never destroy a Stinger 308 kit car......but this i would run straight into the ground or a wall with a little MERA7 Magic!

god i love that car!! GETYASUM!!!!
ohhh thats 2 GETYASUMS...in one post i better go.
ohh yeah, Wayne....if you want to send me all your pics to post feel free......the Guys here really like female bodybuilders....dont 'cha guys??

D

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-08-2011).]

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2011 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DAN.... no more bodybuilder pics plz...lol.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2011 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mera7

1355 posts
Member since Sep 2009
as far as keeping mera's stock. i understand... completely. if my car was nicer to begin with. but my car was destroyed... so any shape i bring it back to is a good one. so a f23 trans and a ls3 and f430 brakes, f430 wheels and tires, 308gto bodymods so on... wont hurt my car at all
Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan, just what is that car? It looks like a Fiero-Tesstarossa-308 Crossover?
I think the perfect "Hot Fiero" would be a sleeper, say a stock looking Formula with all the go-fast stuff. Would make blowing the doors off a Z06 much more embarrassing, for the Z06 that is.

Thanks for the heads up on my front end. I like it like that and don't plan to change it, plus the fit is good. What does "stroke my fur" is a Targa Top, only thing is back in the day I had a T-Top put into my 1974 Z28, every time I jacked it up it would flex like wet pasta! Traded it off for a 240Z.

I don't know if we will ever come to a consensus on what makes a Mera. Excalibur only made about 1,000 cars a year, in their best year, even there many cars did not share all the same parts, many times changes were made "on the fly," sometimes something would be found to work better, or there would be a shortage of a part and a substitute would be used to make delivery. Then when the ordered part came in, change again, happens all the time. If you really want to see a frightening sight, watch a Morgan go together! Maybe we are like snowflakes, all from the same cloud, but no two the same? OK that's as deep as I get.

WWP
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wayne, your car does have an aftermarket front bumper assembly that is not original to the Mera. There are pictures of my car way back in this thread that show the stock Mera bumper. If you want one, I have a line where a complete assembly is.

If you want more power from your car you can add a turbo to your current motor. Or you can install a 3.4 V6 which is what I did. It really makes quite a difference in the performance, yet it looks completly stock. I wanted to keep the original appearance of my engine compartment so this works for me.

The most powerful V6 swap is the supercharged 3800. This will make your Mera fly and the supercharger whine sounds cool. Or you can bit the bullet and do a V8 swap. They can be relatively inexpensive, to over the top depending on the V8 you go with.

If some one ever comes up with plug an play harness and kit, My next swap will be the 3.6 312 hp DI V6 from the new Camaro attached to the F40 6-speed manual. The Mera will then make the right high RPM Ferrari like sounds, and will have more than double the power of the stock 2.8, and more hp than any stock real 308 as well. Being all aluminum the car will retain it handling balance as well. For the mean time my modded 3.4 make me very happy.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2011 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wayne the car in dans pic is an aldino. but plz dont ask him for the bodybuilder pics... they will burn your retina's... lol
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dan, just what is that car? It looks like a Fiero-Tesstarossa-308 Crossover?
I think the perfect "Hot Fiero" would be a sleeper, say a stock looking Formula with all the go-fast stuff. Would make blowing the doors off a Z06 much more embarrassing, for the Z06 that is.

I don't know if we will ever come to a consensus on what makes a Mera. Excalibur only made about 1,000 cars a year, in their best year, even there many cars did not share all the same parts, many times changes were made "on the fly," sometimes something would be found to work better, or there would be a shortage of a part and a substitute would be used to make delivery. Then when the ordered part came in, change again, happens all the time. If you really want to see a frightening sight, watch a Morgan go together! Maybe we are like snowflakes, all from the same cloud, but no two the same? OK that's as deep as I get.

WWP

first my affordable dream car. Its an Homage to the Ferrari 512 bbi....put in the fastie, fast like Mera 7 and we gone!
http://aldinokit.com

yeeeehaaaaaa!!!!!
now the Meras......as far as a definitive list of the OEM Mera stuff we have a good start. we have at least 2 definite attrubuts to look for when trying to qualify a Mera.....by sight. usually hokey pictures from CraigsList or Ebay. but there are little things that help me, at least cipher a early model from a later one. THE POINTED ALUMINUM ENGINE GRILL! thats the best one, i found. the Cromodoras (or lack of) is a dead give away.

my coup de grasse....will be if i can find out if the 1986 Proto has a Manual Drivers side mirror. i do and to me this is a clincher!
yeah, that and the black louvered sails.....mine look exact to the 86 and none of the others i have seen ever!! i think i got me a real early Mera!
its killing me not to know!

see i bought from FL, but HE bought from up here in MI....on that side of the state....Pontiac, GM and Corporate Concepts.
the lines connect too close to be conincidence....i feel the fact that these 2 years I have spent here and else where to determine my Mera number,they have been spent well enough to be comfortable in such assumptions.

seeing as the Fiero was pieced togeather with Citation/Chevette parts......we are akin to the Morgan in more ways than one

this modding "on the fly" theory is the focus in my efforts to qualify the differences in the 87-88"s.....i do the 1987 for my collector obsessions. but seeing as #8002 is found i want #8001, for these same collector urges......yes i watch the Antiques Roadshow, American Pickers......ect..

i got a bunch of comic books too....and even a small little coin collection and some stamps from when i was a kid.
that did not last too long. Stamp collecting is not too 80"s. ha! its wasnt kewl!

ohhh but my BMX bike collection is......RAD!!

more Mera to come

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-09-2011).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
and on the subject of MERA #7005......right off the bat!!!! its our boy....JanR.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTsu0kTsFnM

Meras around the World!!!!

with the discovery of this car and the '86 Proto-Type.....i am either in between of or..... not too far out past!!

if my car ends being #7010.....with the Mera X license plate......DESTINY.

this car must stay stock for the history books.....ALDINO HERE I COME!
well cept anyone else notice alot of fast Fieros in the Mall section being sold. Waynes idea of a Sleeper Fiero is enticing. Just need some steady work....and you all can come to my Funeral.....Ahhhhhhhhman??!

D

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!
MERA #7064
http://www.collectorcarads....c-MERA/37160#contact

WHY?! WHY!, CANNOT I HAVE A JOB????
i just talked to this guy on the phone.....FOR SALE!!! we seen this before, its from IN.

hes not sure on the price tho....."WILL NOT SELL FOR LESS THAT $10,000.

'nothern http://www.collectorcarads....on=%25&Submit=Search

dam!
D

Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do we know the numbers on either the Stockholm and/or Illinois car?

Maybe what we need to have is some kind of registration card that every Mera owner, both here and anywhere else we find them can fill out. In fact give them two cards; one to fill out and mail in, and one to stay with the car (should it be resold). When they send in their card they get an "Official" Mera window sticker?

Good luck on the job hunt Dan, right now I know five family members who are out of work, and one who is working but behind by three paychecks! But hay, read the papers, things are turning around.....but for who?

Hang in there,
WWP
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks brotha.....it sucks finding toys and not having the dough.....
i do have the numbers on the above Meras....the Vin's i think. not that far into the data pile, yet.
heres another one.....LITHUANIAN MERA.....at least this one is not for sale, i believe.

http://www.matulaitis.lt/ga...v/automoto/Misc/PFM/

i have noticed that all the New sale Meras are all 1987's......crap! i love the 87's.

good show with the register card....if its in a registery, ours or Rodneys, then it should be noted. its funny how many Meras get sold as Pontiac Fieros in the title. no mention of the Mera in the subject....then they mention it in a description but you have to ask what # it is. the best selling point in these Meras in that damn, sticker!!!.....sorry, its a touchy spot with me. at least no sticker is more a early trait than not....so it not being there is a good thing for now....

Dan

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
actually after a good stare.....not too sure its a Mera after all.....does this look like its a one piece?? I DO!

d
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
another fricken one.....,
http://santabarbara.craigsl.../cto/2150970705.html

alll 1987!!!!FUDGE!!!
vins out to a 1987 SE too!!!

D

Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

good show with the register card....if its in a registery, ours or Rodneys, then it should be noted. its funny how many Meras get sold as Pontiac Fieros in the title. no mention of the Mera in the subject....then they mention it in a description but you have to ask what # it is. the best selling point in these Meras in that damn, sticker!!!.....sorry, its a touchy spot with me. at least no sticker is more a early trait than not....so it not being there is a good thing for now....

Dan

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that whole sticker thing. When I bought mine I thought it might be bogus because I couldn't believe they would use such a cheep paper ID plate. Another thing that muddies the water is that so many other "kits" were molded off the Mera, it's like looking for a pin in a hay stack. Its one of the things that killed the Excalibur. It too was factory built, and by no means a "cheep date." Then out comes a 3/4 scale kit car called the Gazelle, to the trained eye you could tell the difference. But after any Excalibur owner was asked for the hundredth time "is that a kit car?" you can imagine the frustration. Just a quick glance through my 1988 copy of The Complete guide to Kit Cars, shows these 308ish kits: 508 GTF, N.A.F. Shrike GT, and the Amore, other kits were nipping close on their heels, but looked more like the earlier Ferrari Dino. The big "copies" in 1988 were cars with running boards; MG, Mercedes & Jag, like today its the Cobra's.

WWP

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good info thanks.....got any pics of the 308 kits? the different types? i would like the see those.

seems we made it to a Ferrari site....not to bad. as long as its was "badged as a Mera, no problems"
http://www.ferrarichat.com/...wthread.php?t=288217

heres another F-Car.....with a cool Mera/Ferrari 308 Photo.....alll the way at the bottom.
http://f308.blogspot.com/
the Mera look huge!

D

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
emblems anyone?? actually me first......whats the time difference again???
http://losangeles.craigslis.../cto/2148447440.html

ha! too late i already called him

Dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-10-2011).]

Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SFV I think is San Fernando Valley. Looks like he added side markers. Missing side mirror. Rear top vent looks a little "funny." Besides that, it looks like it has A LOT of potential to restore. Wow, if this a real lMera, I hope someone saves it!
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

another fricken one.....,
http://santabarbara.craigsl.../cto/2150970705.html

alll 1987!!!!FUDGE!!!
vins out to a 1987 SE too!!!

D

WOW! that did not last long.....
Thomas i feel i can in the least help liberate the emblems.....

and for those who may have ever wondered what a Mera Bumper looks like flipped....
i think this picture of Cam383's car is it....they flipped then cut the lights in.

^^^^heres Mera X for reference...

too me his shinny side looking at us in the 2nd pic (Cam383) is on Mera X the side looking down to ground. that make sence?
what do you all think? its hard to tell but it seems the longer of the rake is on the bottom in the 1st picture and his top flat sruface is way longer than mine there you go RICK. i know it sucks its not all there but i may be able to fix that with some PhotoEditor....lets see....later
D

*later*......bwahahahahahahaaaaa!!!! its was a try......i guess.

Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Several things: Time difference is; we here in the midwest are Central Standard, next is Mountain then on the coast Pacific, another words 2 hour difference.

I get the idea from that link to the Ferrari page that these frat boys don't like us Mera Men, I guess I can live with that.

How come so many of these Mera's for sale look like they were used for the Demo Derby, its really sad to see how they have been abused. All I can guess is that somewhere along the ownership line someone just looked at it as a "kit car," and not worth that much.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Several things: Time difference is; we here in the midwest are Central Standard, next is Mountain then on the coast Pacific, another words 2 hour difference.

I get the idea from that link to the Ferrari page that these frat boys don't like us Mera Men, I guess I can live with that.

How come so many of these Mera's for sale look like they were used for the Demo Derby, its really sad to see how they have been abused. All I can guess is that somewhere along the ownership line someone just looked at it as a "kit car," and not worth that much.

ohhhh i got ya....i am in MI so its 3 hrs.....i am EST!

as for the trashed Meras....i see some are repos....from people needing work on them, then something happens (lose job) and they may get that "just a Kit car" feeling and let it go. the shop is stuck with it, not knowing what it is and lets it sit till it goes.
or "store it at a buddies"....."covered", seen that too!
but still store it in a garage. that seems to be what kills 'em.
PFF
System Bot
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the "flipped" bumper but not cutting it for lights. I would probably recess it some so it does not stick out so far. I just think the downward angle on the stock bumper makes it look like its tongue is sticking out.......

I think there was a pic of a white Mera with a flipped bumper back in one of the many pages of this thread.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

I think there was a pic of a white Mera with a flipped bumper back in one of the many pages of this thread.

this one?? i too agree it needs to go in a bit like that one below....looks good.

i think it adds the illusion that its sharp, like a knife! ...."Slicing thru the air like a razor.....the Pontiac Mera V8!!!!"

getyasum!!

D

Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice, good lines. I didn't think I would like a two tone Mera, but some how this one works.
I agree with the tongue out, or buck tooth look, its like a beautiful women with a wart on the end of her nose.

On one of the previous car links I noticed that one of the "Ferrarized" Mera's had the Pininfarina logo on the passenger AND driver side.
#8002 has it only on the drivers side, which is correct?

WWP
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan you da man! Thats the pic. I am going to pattern my bumper re do after it. It will still look Mera but better!!
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick 88

3914 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Very nice, good lines. I didn't think I would like a two tone Mera, but some how this one works.
I agree with the tongue out, or buck tooth look, its like a beautiful women with a wart on the end of her nose.

On one of the previous car links I noticed that one of the "Ferrarized" Mera's had the Pininfarina logo on the passenger AND driver side.
#8002 has it only on the drivers side, which is correct?

WWP

You would think the logo would be on both sides but I really don't know. and I am fresh out of 308's in my garage. I like the two tone look on the white Mera also.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 01-10-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick 88

3914 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Originally posted by Rick 88:

You would think the logo would be on both sides but I really don't know. and I am fresh out of 308's in my garage. I like the two tone look on the white Mera also.

Ok, I selected edit and got a double post.........

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick 88

3914 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Another Mera question......Do you guys have a spring on your gas door to hold it open during fueling? Mine does not. My 88 GT did and it held the door open while the fuel nozzle was in the pipe. Did mine fall out?

Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn you Rick, this means I have to break Hibernation and go outside and look!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Damn you Rick, this means I have to break Hibernation and go outside and look!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hibernation???? What's that?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 178 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167   168   169   170   171   172   173   174   175   176   177   178 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock