Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  A Real Mera in Paradise (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 178 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167   168   169   170   171   172   173   174   175   176   177   178 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
A Real Mera in Paradise by Fiero-in-Paradise
Started on: 08-18-2009 04:06 AM
Replies: 7110 (186862 views)
Last post by: Vernonmera on 11-25-2023 05:59 PM
zigaroo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Absoluetly. Though, gold, brushed aluminum, chrome, etc are considered specialty "colors" and therefore can cost sometimes double the normal price. I'm not sure about their life expectancy as I've never dealt with the stuff at my work.

You should ask a print shop near you and I can provide the file with the text outlined for plotting.

[This message has been edited by zigaroo (edited 10-20-2009).]

IP: Logged
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
these Mera's are tight cars. I had a squeak that I could not find while driving, bugging me. turned out to be the leather seat rubbin cuz its pushed all the back. My 95 Trans Am makes more body noise than this so called "kit car". real thick panels. I love it. just need a faster engine too keep up with its looks and its set.

By the way I Emailed the Mera on craigslist for his build # to add to the list.

His add mentioned one thing I asked Rodney about. "ALL 87 meras were made out of GT's". Well this is not true, My 87 Mera is VIN coded as an SE, and that article that got me all excited eairler says that the SE may be a special order, to my delight. Question? is it safe to say (inspired by another thread about rarity here on Pennok's) maybe the RAREST Fiero may be the X amount of SE's converted to Dealer scantioned Mera Conversions in 1987. Or is it tru that ALL 1987 meras were made out of GT's??
wait cant be cuz of the article..........SO ITS FACT......right??????hopefully...I need something...
Rodney said that there "MAYBE" some SE's made in 1987. "not sure."
Maybe he can validate my memory if I remember correctly. I talked his ear off once or twice.............lot 'o' questions

great idea with the C.C. side badge. 'cept the words are too long each.

gotta double it
CORPRATE
CONCEPTS

in black on silver just like the nose badge.... maybe ran togeather corprateconcepts in lower case......like you did?
looks across the country and some ocean.......HEY ,Tom heres another ideer??
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check with Rodney and see if he has any.

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Just an idea..... How about a Corporate Concepts badge that resembles the Pininfarina emblem ahead of the rear wheel of the Mera in this picture. Does anyone make Mera Emblems that covers the Fiero inserts on the inside door handle surround? Also does anyone make a "Mera" steering wheel badge?

zigaroo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Top one is the first one I did.

[This message has been edited by zigaroo (edited 10-20-2009).]

reholmes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zigaroo:

This something more along the lines of what you wanted?

I made it from scratch in Illustrator so it can be any size you want with whatever changes you'd like.

Very nice--clean. I used Bonk font but the "R" is not quite right, so I used an "A" with a "notch" made from a background color triangle. Check the original Mera font from previous entries.

Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
zigaroo...very nice! I like the stacked version better, but can you possibly show how it would look, not centered, but the second line indented:

corporate
......concepts

(don't mind the dots, had to put them in to indent)

Thanks!
Tom
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero-in-Paradise:

It was a really nice weekend here, so I had my son take some pictures of my Mera. These pics were taken at Maunalua Bay in East Oahu.

If you look closely, you won't see any Ferrari badging. Took them all off and replaced them with other things (see below). Not real sure, but I may be one of the very few that has a Mera, that actually shows as a Mera. I like it much better now, talking with folks about the history of the Mera, and not having to explain "if its so collectible, why is badged out like a Ferrari?"

Went from this:

To this: (I also took apart the reverse lights and painted the inside with a chrome/silver paint. Looks 100% better.)

From this:

To this:

From this:

To this:

From this:

To this:

From this:

To this:

From this:

To this:

And from this:

To this:

Thanks for looking!
Tom

Where did you get the "Mera" emblems for the inner door handle surrounds? Are these factory? They look great.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick 88

3914 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Absoluetly. Though, gold, brushed aluminum, chrome, etc are considered specialty "colors" and therefore can cost sometimes double the normal price. I'm not sure about their life expectancy as I've never dealt with the stuff at my work.

You should ask a print shop near you and I can provide the file with the text outlined for plotting.

That would be great if you can provide the file. Maybe there is a "liquid silver" color available that would look nice This could also make a nice interior logo on the radio surround or console plate.
Fiero-in-Paradise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick88,

PM sent.

Tom
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reholmes:

Very nice--clean. I used Bonk font but the "R" is not quite right, so I used an "A" with a "notch" made from a background color triangle. Check the original Mera font from previous entries.

Just my opinion, but if the "MERA" letters had a little more space around them, or maybe just a bit smaller, they would not overpower the Pegasus below. Someone should make these!
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From this:

To this:

If you are making these Mera badges maybe consider making the correct wheel centers:

Your lug nuts are also incorrect. The correct lug nuts are the OEM GM Fiero lug nuts with the black plastic covers.

Rodney Dickman
Mera Registry

PFF
System Bot
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

If you are making these Mera badges maybe consider making the correct wheel centers:

Rodney, do you have any Mera emblems, or wheels centers for sale?

Your lug nuts are also incorrect. The correct lug nuts are the OEM GM Fiero lug nuts with the black plastic covers.

I did not know this. Can you post a list of what is correct for an 87 and 88 Mera? I have also seen various interiors, cloth, stock 88 leather and an 87 with additional leather on the console and door panels like Mera in Paradise's car. Are all correct?

Rodney Dickman
Mera Registry

Fiero-in-Paradise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the tip Rodney! In fact, I just got a set of the black plastic lug covers last week. Now I'm looking for new set of those GM lug nuts. I know they are available on e-bay.

I'll definitely pursue the round center caps after I finetune the 87 nose badge project. Were they gold and black, or silver and black? In your picture, the one on the left looks like silver and black...could be just the camera angle and lighting, though. I'll pursue those in support of the Mera community. Although not 100% original, I kinda like the Pontiac center caps myself, since it adds that Pontiac "label" to the car. But If I can zigaroo's MERA badge artwork, that may also look awesome as a wheel centercap.

Tom

[This message has been edited by Fiero-in-Paradise (edited 10-21-2009).]

zigaroo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too am using the Bonk font and, after blowing up that "Real Mera badges" picture I'm finding the word MERA has all sharp corners, minus a few. I'd need a sharp, close up shot of the original lettering to try and mimic it the best. I can also recreate the original MERA wheel centers if that hasn't already been done.

I see about the R though. I'll work on it. I like to do these things for my own as it's good practice for my real job (one of the things I do is recreate old jet tail flashes/designs and squadron patches)... so if no one ends up using any of this, I won't mind.

[This message has been edited by zigaroo (edited 10-21-2009).]

reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I too am using the Bonk font and, after blowing up that "Real Mera badges" picture I'm finding the word MERA has all sharp corners, minus a few. I'd need a sharp, close up shot of the original lettering to try and mimic it the best. I can also recreate the original MERA wheel centers if that hasn't already been done.

I see about the R though. I'll work on it. I like to do these things for my own as it's good practice for my real job (one of the things I do is recreate old jet tail flashes/designs and squadron patches)... so if no one ends up using any of this, I won't mind.

Don't know if I have any of my squadron patches--if so I'll scan and send. 99th BW, 348th BSq, 99th ARS. the ARS KC-135s had a lightning bolt with "Ramrod" on the side on the fuselage--had to take it off during SEA.

[This message has been edited by reholmes (edited 10-21-2009).]

zigaroo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worked on all the letters. Tried to angle off the corners that looked like were angled, but it's very hard to tell from that one image... so it's probably still wrong in some way or another. Created the notch in the R as best as I could, trying to keep the same angles in respect. Also went over and fixed the A to better mimic the legs of the R, along with the "window" from the R.

Does the middle arm of the E look like it's longer than the top and bottom? I know they're the exact same length, it just... looks weird. Stupid optical illusions.

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Worked on all the letters. Tried to angle off the corners that looked like were angled, but it's very hard to tell from that one image... so it's probably still wrong in some way or another. Created the notch in the R as best as I could, trying to keep the same angles in respect. Also went over and fixed the A to better mimic the legs of the R, along with the "window" from the R.

Does the middle arm of the E look like it's longer than the top and bottom? I know they're the exact same length, it just... looks weird. Stupid optical illusions.

Could you make a MERA fender decal design using the font of the Mera rear decklid letters in Rodney's picture? This would make the Mera smaller in relation to the Pegasus.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 10-21-2009).]

reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, those look great!

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awwww....man!!!! I don't get to play the wheel cover game cuz '87 Mera's did not come with the Cromadoras. Poop. you all have been busy while I was gone. thats ok I'll be here all day tommarrow reading about FieroX in the archives, his car is awesome fast. one day I shall be too........you know i made mention of this Mera thing blowing up with "aftermarket" stuff. now we have MERA shift gates and coffee mugs....I want a trucker hat.... speaking of pontiac label:

since i put these on, now I generate interest in the car, cuz it says PONTIAC and people ask "how"...... then the option story comes out and their like"thats cool", instead of oh..."look a Ferrari" then "oh.... its just a Fiero"
some people=bloody savages-

edit for question: say with the big Mera pegasus shield ,will the colors be changable. I need silver on black to go with my rims....thanks, later
Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 10-21-2009).]

reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was following a F-car P4 thread and come on an interesting chat site. Be sure to read down an entry or two.
http://www.ferrarichat.com/...wthread.php?t=169921
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reholmes:

I was following a F-car P4 thread and come on an interesting chat site. Be sure to read down an entry or two.
http://www.ferrarichat.com/...wthread.php?t=169921

hmmmm.....thats rich.... now i know why mine says pontiac.....least thats in Europe so far????......wonder what their gonna say about your Mera shield.....copy right infringement on geometeric shapes......and colors...and fender location...hahaha....

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 12-23-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man, i wanna post the picture of the back of my car... on that site........SO BAD!!!!
p.s. who here knows Italian??
please translate: "Ecco come sprecare una meravigliosa pontiac.!"

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 10-21-2009).]

zigaroo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

edit for question: say with the big Mera pegasus shield ,will the colors be changable. I need silver on black to go with my rims....thanks, later
Daniel

Yes. In fact I can do anything as I please to it since I recreated it in Adobe Illustrator. If you have a program that can handle a *.ai , *.svg , or *.eps file I can simply send it your way so you can edit the colors or whatever you wish. If you go with a sign shop (or whatever) to create your emblems I can provide them the working files so they can help you edit the image or colors to your liking. That goes with anyone, really. If you'd like to have the files so you edit them on your own, just let me know.

But I'd still like to get some kind of confirmation on whether I have "MERA" recreated properly or not before I start sending some of this MERA related stuff around.

Originally posted by batousai666:

please translate: "Ecco come sprecare una meravigliosa pontiac.!"

It very, very, roughly means, "Here's a way to waste a wonderful Pontiac."

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man...... them ferrari guys are so tight you need to join their site to see the pictures....'prolly need a VIN # to join also.......
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
right on thanks for the translate.....Id say yeah the emblems look great....but i am no critic... there is an optical with the E both length and width in center -too me cuz the screen seems to move or the pixel flash or the 80's flashin' back......what??? I mean I am easy and not real hung up for total reproduction of stock ...more of a "my interpertation of the past meets today updates....

Heavy thinking about a COPPERHEAD metallic paint like the Viper.....a modern kick in the butt.....anybody able to photoshop that for me will get some postive feed back....wait this aint Ebay....well big ups anyway.....all that file talk is way beyond me ...i just got 1st computer ever like in nov. or dec. 2008. yea....I know....ask how long it takes to type this post... i dare you and bring a sandwich...it'll be a minute or 5. later-
D
Edit: ps does meravigliosa=wonderful, digging for definetion of MERA ,other than Aquamans ex wife thanks again

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 10-22-2009).]

Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll definitely pursue the round center caps after I finetune the 87 nose badge project. Were they gold and black, or silver and black? In your picture, the one on the left looks like silver and black...could be just the camera angle and lighting, though.

They are gold and black. The 87's were black lettering on silver but slightly different. I probably have some pic's of the 87's somewhere.

Rodney Dickman
Mera registry
zigaroo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Could you make a MERA fender decal design using the font of the Mera rear decklid letters in Rodney's picture? This would make the Mera smaller in relation to the Pegasus.

Yes, but you'll to wait till tomorrow since I have to find a matching font.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2009 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hello fellow mera freaks...lol ok let me say first i cannot do anything until i get back from the sema show nov 10th. with that said i now have;
MULTIPLE SETS OF POWER VITALONI USED BUT NICE MIRRORS LEFTS AND RIGHTS. I HAVE PURCHASED 5 COMPLETE SETS OF MERA REAR TAILLIGHT LENSES AMBERS AND REDS. I HAVE PURCHASED THE MOLD FOR THE MERA REAR LARGE TOP SAILS. THE MOLD FOR THE MERA LEFT AND RIGHT SAIL QUARTER PANELS, THE MOLD FOR THE MERA REAR BUMPER, AND AM TRYING TO GET THE MOLD FOR THE MERA FRONT CLIP, THE MOLD FOR THE MERA DOORS, AND THE MOLD FOR THE MERA REAR CLIP.... OH YA ALSO GOT A MOLD FOR A 308/328 REAR SPOILER THAT GOES ON TOP OF THE LARGE TOP SAIL. GOT A MOLD FOR A 308 STYLE DASH AS WELL. ANYONE INTERESTED IN PARTS? LOL again absolutely nothing i can do until i get back from the sema car show in las vegas on nov10th. mike in oklahoma

[This message has been edited by mera7 (edited 10-21-2009).]

Dflint

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mera vin check 1g2pg3791fp250058
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2009 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dflint that appears to be a 85 car and mera's were not made until 87. but still a nice looking car.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:
Sorry. Not for sale.

Rodney
1988 Mera

Could anyone photoshop the wheels on Rodneys Mera is the satin gold color of the Ferrari Scuderia racing wheels? Just want to see how the wheels would look in this finish.
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mera7:

hello fellow mera freaks...lol ok let me say first i cannot do anything until i get back from the sema show nov 10th. with that said i now have;
MULTIPLE SETS OF POWER VITALONI USED BUT NICE MIRRORS LEFTS AND RIGHTS. I HAVE PURCHASED 5 COMPLETE SETS OF MERA REAR TAILLIGHT LENSES AMBERS AND REDS. I HAVE PURCHASED THE MOLD FOR THE MERA REAR LARGE TOP SAILS. THE MOLD FOR THE MERA LEFT AND RIGHT SAIL QUARTER PANELS, THE MOLD FOR THE MERA REAR BUMPER, AND AM TRYING TO GET THE MOLD FOR THE MERA FRONT CLIP, THE MOLD FOR THE MERA DOORS, AND THE MOLD FOR THE MERA REAR CLIP.... OH YA ALSO GOT A MOLD FOR A 308/328 REAR SPOILER THAT GOES ON TOP OF THE LARGE TOP SAIL. GOT A MOLD FOR A 308 STYLE DASH AS WELL. ANYONE INTERESTED IN PARTS? LOL again absolutely nothing i can do until i get back from the sema car show in las vegas on nov10th. mike in oklahoma

got any pictures???......I am curious about inner fastener locations that I cannot see due to the out of "line of sight" issues...thank you in advance....
Daniel
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-22-2009 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey dan when i get back from sema i will get you pics. i have the sail panel molds to make new sail panels you were asking about before. thanks, mike in oklahoma
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-22-2009 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mera7

1355 posts
Member since Sep 2009
ps rodneys car is hot... i love it. pics are awesome.... later mike in oklahoma
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hey dan when i get back from sema i will get you pics. i have the sail panel molds to make new sail panels you were asking about before. thanks, mike in oklahoma

Right on, gives me time to scare up a real job. thank you for reply later
D
zigaroo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This one was fun, but was no easy task. Used Bank Gothic as the basis, but then had to change every line to get it to match closer to the MERA emblem on the bottom of that "master" picture of the original emblems.

It's still not technically correct, but it looks good if you don't know any better. For nit-pickers, the M and E could be slightly adjusted. I noticed there was a slight theme in these letters where all the legs weren't the same size. Instead, one leg would be thin, the other thick, thin, thick, etc. Same pattern was with them all... which is why the A is going to look a little different. Also, the angled leg for the R might be a bit too thick.

Anyways,

I know there's some other requests via PM, but unless you guys have a means of getting these things done, I'm going to delay some of 'em since I just took on a huge touch screen project out at work.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This one was fun, but was no easy task. Used Bank Gothic as the basis, but then had to change every line to get it to match closer to the MERA emblem on the bottom of that "master" picture of the original emblems.

It's still not technically correct, but it looks good if you don't know any better. For nit-pickers, the M and E could be slightly adjusted. I noticed there was a slight theme in these letters where all the legs weren't the same size. Instead, one leg would be thin, the other thick, thin, thick, etc. Same pattern was with them all... which is why the A is going to look a little different. Also, the angled leg for the R might be a bit too thick.

Anyways,

I know there's some other requests via PM, but unless you guys have a means of getting these things done, I'm going to delay some of 'em since I just took on a huge touch screen project out at work.

Very nice!! the second and fourth have the amount of space around the Mera I like. This makes the Pegasus stand out and still identifys the car. Excellent work! Who can make these for us?
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-22-2009 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you guys are great with the computer skills here.... i like the 2nd and fourth as well. mike in oklahoma
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom,

I have a set of original MERA wheel centers for the lace wheels that came off Bob Bracey's wife's car. They are a bit different from Rodney's current decals which use a black design on silver/gray vinyl. The ones that I have appear to be a black design on a clear vinyl that have been applied to the standard type of Fiero metallic center cap. They work well on the conventional wheels but are too shallow for the 88 Chromadoras.

If you or I can could locate the correct depth and diameter wheel centers, I have already spoken with someone about pricing for providing domed vinyl stickers. There is a set up charge but I would pay that if there is some interest in several people getting sets.

Nelson

Thanks for the tip Rodney! In fact, I just got a set of the black plastic lug covers last week. Now I'm looking for new set of those GM lug nuts. I know they are available on e-bay.

I'll definitely pursue the round center caps after I finetune the 87 nose badge project. Were they gold and black, or silver and black? In your picture, the one on the left looks like silver and black...could be just the camera angle and lighting, though. I'll pursue those in support of the Mera community. Although not 100% original, I kinda like the Pontiac center caps myself, since it adds that Pontiac "label" to the car. But If I can zigaroo's MERA badge artwork, that may also look awesome as a wheel centercap.

Tom

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hnthomps

5728 posts
Member since Jul 2003
If you have the capability of providing original design MERA rear deck louvers with the correct mounting points, I will take a set. I have one other source for louvers, but it is not a stock design wrt attachment points and I would prefer to keep things as original as I can. Let me know what you can do here.

Nelson

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 178 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167   168   169   170   171   172   173   174   175   176   177   178 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock