Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  A Real Mera in Paradise (Page 34)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 178 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167   168   169   170   171   172   173   174   175   176   177   178 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
A Real Mera in Paradise by Fiero-in-Paradise
Started on: 08-18-2009 04:06 AM
Replies: 7110 (186862 views)
Last post by: Vernonmera on 11-25-2023 05:59 PM
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero-in-Paradise:

Welcome back Dan, you jet setter you!

It's funny you should mention that Mike. I've been toying with the idea to ship my Mera to my dad, who lives in Gardena, Calif, and then throw it up for sale. Of course, then I'd be charging a lot more than the $10K I want out of it. LOL...if I did that, then for sure we'd have to all meet somewhere. I'm confident that I can drive my Mera cross-country. My mom and dad took a tour a while back through Missouri, they loved it.

Tom-Tom, you may want to spoil the Mera first. like a pet going to the vet, it may sence that something is up (you selling it) and give you some troubles. on the cross country. Meras have feelings and Fieros have Tempers. just a thought.

so lets say we count you (TOM) from Cali. the central location would be alot WESTER than MO. maybe, NB or CO.
yeah, yeah, yeah!! COLORADO. thats my vote. i wish there was an Auto Train in America from Me in MI thats 21 hrs to Estes Park,CO. real cool spot.

Nelson, that post above was a copy of the Ebay add. thats what it said. Sold for $10,000. it was org $16,995. i think. then went on sale for $13,000 something on the Midwest Classics web site. on ebay the last i though i saw was around $12000. if these are true then the 10k is not that far off. sorry. did you try a re-offer?

whoops gotta go to work
later this afternoon boys. with maps
D

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-07-2010).]

IP: Logged
reholmes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been toying with the idea to ship my Mera to my dad, who lives in Gardena, Calif,

Tom, how much to ship?
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reholmes:

Tom, how much to ship?

da da. da da-nt.. da dent -da dent-DADENT......

just like JAWS.....thats funny....uhhhhhh
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Welcome back Dan, you jet setter you!

It's funny you should mention that Mike. I've been toying with the idea to ship my Mera to my dad, who lives in Gardena, Calif, and then throw it up for sale. Of course, then I'd be charging a lot more than the $10K I want out of it. LOL...if I did that, then for sure we'd have to all meet somewhere. I'm confident that I can drive my Mera cross-country. My mom and dad took a tour a while back through Missouri, they loved it.

A little off-topic, but I spent some time over the weekend working on the 88GT. I ended up removing the "restrictor plate" under the two rear grills, and mounting an open grill/screen under the grill...if that makes sense (kinda like the Mera setup). Wow...what a difference, the hot air from the engine compartment now flows freely out, and the rear deck is actually cool-to-the-touch after a long drive. Jeez, I should have done this mod a long time ago! This is probably THE best practical mod for a Fiero, to lower the engine bay temp. I also re-painted the wiper arms and replaced the wipers, and installed new dew wipes. Poor thing...I think the Mera must have felt neglected over the long weekend.

Tom, I sold my yellow 88 GT 5-speed Do you think wifey will let me have another Mera? Your's is automatic.....she could drive it....yeah thats practical, isn't it?
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2010 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TOM, i hate to see you sell your mera. but if rick88 buys it at least it stays in the mera community.... buy it rick buy it...
Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
According to the Matson webpage:

http://www.matson.com/pov/b...g/shipping_rates.htm

$1,072 to ship from Honolulu to Long Beach, Oakland, or Seattle

The one thing I hate about Matson is that the car arrives absolutely filthy. LOL...just for that reason alone, I'm hesitant to ship it! You'd think for that money, they can at the very least, hose it off when you pick up the car. The two cars that I've bought and shipped here, arrived dusty and dirty, and the 88GT had (I guess) sea gull crap on it...did not bother to test the species origin. I'm convinced that my Fiero was probably sitting way back on the fantail of the ship, exposed to the elements. I can just envision 20 sea gulls perched on the "wing."

When they ship a car, they use a china marker on the side windows to indicate the shipping number. Normally china marker very easy to remove from glass...windex and its gone. But when they shipped my GT in Long Beach, the idiots wrote on the plexi sail panels!! Dang, it was HARD to remove! I should have claimed them for a new set, but I had already driven it home. And when you pick up a car at the Matson terminal, its always a good idea to bring your wife, girlfriend, "sister," guy friend, pets, whatever, to help inspect the car. Once you sign the manifest and drive off, you can no longer place any claims.

And what I don't get is the Matson terminal is like GINORMOUS big....the area where they park the cars is so big that two guys go out in one of the golf carts to get your car. They have all that room, and yet they charge per day if your car is not picked up after, I think, 48 hours of being notified by phone. Almost as bad as your car being towed! I just don't get it...it's no wonder these longshoremen get paid outragous wages!

And I have thoughts of some young kid working on the docks, racing the Mera in-between the stacks of containers, doing doughnuts on the pier, and Lord knows what else.

Okay...sorry for the Dano re-enactment!! Enough Matson bashing...

I drove through CO twice, and it really is so beautiful. LOL...did not care too much when traveling near the stockyards though. Vail during the summer is nice. Also stopped at, I think, a place called Glenwood Springs(?). I remember stopping alongside this huge lake (I think Dillion Lake??) and the reflection with the sky was awesome! When I had the pics developed (yes, in those days, it was film), you could hold the print either right side up, or upside down, and you could not tell the difference. And I remember it was cold, even during May, there were still some patches of snow by the tunnels. Wow...seems like a lifetime ago...
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2010 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOUNDS like a nice trip tom.... wow. i think we should make dan the man in charge of the mera reunion plans. he gets my vote lol
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mera7:

SOUNDS like a nice trip tom.... wow. i think we should make dan the man in charge of the mera reunion plans. he gets my vote lol

Thanks for that nomination, Mike.
"GentleMen"......"If i am elected as ChairMan of the "New Annual Mera Gathering"......."i promise as Planner to Unite as many Meras as possible, for a SnapShot in time." "A Snapshot of A Time....." "A time of when" uhhhhhh.....ok i'll stop.

heres what i got so far....the Pencil is the estimates for the Gathering.
the highlight marker is the places i have been and for the most part Driven. i have not driven on any roads, whatsoever, between CO and NV. would love too in Mera X!!!!!! also i have not been to Rapid City or Knoxville, TN. those are future trips I was considering. so i am down with them two spots as well. i have driven to Louisville, tho.

if Tom and Nelson or my PO wants in. my earlier post of the KS area gets shifted more south and West. TX or maybe even OK. Mike may turn out to be the Lucky Dogg! and/or the HOST!!!!!hahahahahahaaaaaa.
we could all go "Noodleing" for dinner! A CatFish, that will swallow your arm, whole! never been to TX. Amarillo looks rather central??
"also as Chair..... hehehe i would Mostly want to get "All Us" around the 1986 Proto-Type for the obvious reasons. Major photo-opt. i have a contact with contact, of the Owner of #6001X. this will play heavily into me initial scope. I DO however, need to assume that if the '86 is involved, it will have to be up here somewhere.....MI, IN or IL. i say this for the fact that they (the contacts) are not regulars here. my contact seems gung-ho. the OG owner, is mysterious. i suppose i may have scared off them with my eccentricsities and my hyperactive, enthuisium......hope not. most likely, tho.

if the 86 is off the table.....i would leave it to, the person or persons who have to invest the most Time and/or money to achive this goal.
barring the longshot of my P.O. wanting to go. Nelson, or the Mera i know of in NY state is the other Extreme end. Tom- Cali from the West.

what do you all think??

ohh....yeah and a show of hands.......
whos down??
Mike- Check
Me- check

we need names and where you are commin from to hone this puppy to fruition......get ya sum!!!!
Dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-08-2010).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a possibility that I could make a reunion somewhere, but it will be location dependent since my wife has a limit on how far she is willing to go in a two seater with little storage capacity. That also involves a choice for me as to which car to bring since more than one is ia bit mpractical at this time.

Nelson
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im game no matter where.

mike-oklahoma city area
if you want or need me to host it let me know but that may not be advantageous to all. lets find out who all would come then lets decide where. like dan the man said.... "show of hands plz"
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey Mike? i was kidding about the Host thing.

i made Dallas the center and added up the distance from The trucker map.....

Tom, minus the Water Portion for your long journey.....from LA you got.........1436 miles and a rough Estimate of 22 hours of drive time...as per the words there on the map. "not necessarialy the shortest route but the easiest" i think it said.....anyway

Richard you can hook up with Tom on the Way so you are closer than say Rodney and/or me. thats good and sounds like a hoot.

Nelson has 1118 miles and 18 hrs. behind the wheel.....Mike is down with the anywhere clown, as I.
i will add up as if Rodney comes from WI i believe that he is the furtherest North, that i can think of......well we are about the same. i will just do mine. should be close.

and Rick wins A Lucky Dogg for living just down the road with 635 miles......really? dam. Texas IS big.
makes me not want to add up mine. i am gonna trailer X part way anyway

i wonder if Mera X would fit in one of them PODS i see on the road??bawhahahahaaaaaoutloud!!!!!

this will change only drasticaly if a Canadian Mera Shows or one in the North West. WA, OR.....then it could get interesting......
wait are there any in the New England states??? this would be the most dramatic. ohhhh!! yeah, Boston alone is 1789 miles from Dallas...

the route i would take is 1200 miles.....the time is irrrevelent to me, kinda. i got some good cities.....Nashville, Memphis, Little Rock. i will totally fit KnoxVille in my Iteniery. lets see this will add 250 miles give or take. ohhh dang, now i am at 1450 miles. Right up there with Tommy.

the coolest thing tho, is the opprotuinity to conquer 5 more States for the "MAP" of travels above. Rules!!!!
would be 6 states if i go to Lousiana for the Haliboot. good times A commin.
HA! maybe a "CannonBall" !!!!! that sooo rich.

Now i just need to find a friend to drive the truck, whilst i "streach out" Mera X's legs.....in each new state.

What Would Robin Masters Do???? or the Dos Equie's guy

later for now
Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-09-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dan, why not post on a map everyones location then try to come up with a meting place half way between the farthest away.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indiana_resto_guy:

Hey Dan, why not post on a map everyones location then try to come up with a meting place half way between the farthest away.

thats what i did kinda (well, i guess the updated one, here in front of me isnt, sorry)....Tom is the furthest from Cali.....Nelson and as it turn out to be I, are the other Far points...
No you are right if we move West between Dallas and Big Spring, TX it is middle. all good... 'Cept Rick also wins the bonus round. congratulations...Rick
theres also,
i do not know where any others are at because most of the ones found in the last year were sold, with no none location....E-bay mostly.
see i have a partial list of the Meras i have come across since last April or so. but for security reasons its just mostly the last 5 VIN and Mera #'s. no names.....no one's.

i have an idea tho.
Dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-09-2010).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

thats what i did kinda (well, i guess the updated one, here in front of me isnt, sorry)....Tom is the furthest from Cali.....Nelson and as it turn out to be I, are the other Far points...
No you are right if we move West between Dallas and Big Spring, TX it is middle. all good... 'Cept Rick also wins the bonus round. congratulations...Rick
theres also,
i do not know where any others are at because most of the ones found in the last year were sold, with no none location....E-bay mostly.
see i have a partial list of the Meras i have come across since last April or so. but for security reasons its just mostly the last 5 VIN and Mera #'s. no names.....no one's.

i have an idea tho.
Dan

Dan,

There is another one owner 87 Mera here in El Paso, He does not post on Pennocks. I have known him since he purchased the car new. I will contact him to see if he would be interested in a possible Mera meet.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick 88

3914 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Guys, I need your opinion on something. Go to my post in the technical section titled "180 degree headers on a 2.8 Listen to this sound!" Dan you can probably move the link here. Anyway I think a 2.8 or 3.4 Mera would sound very exotic with this system. Problem is the guy that did it is from Taiwan. Let me know your opinions on the sound. Anyone here speak Chinese? I want my Mera to sound like this. There are two videos and some poor pictures of the system. I can't figure out what he is doing with the pipes.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-10-2010 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rick... i build custom stainless header/muffler systems for all the porsche race cars here in my area... a set of big tube stainless headers, port match the heads, run a ss403 tubi euro muffler system and you get that distinct euro sound your looking for. @$2500.00 for the custom built setup. i charge 8500.00 for a porsche setup lol.
Fiero-in-Paradise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome sound!! Here's the link:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/109963.html

Rick, if you have Google Tool Bar loaded onto your brower, just hit the TRANSLATE button on the top, right hand side, and it turns all of those little boxes into English. He doesn't write anything on the actual plumbing, though. In fact, even in English, not sure what the heck is is talking about.

Also to the left of that first clip, his e-mail address is listed. I would send him an e-mail in as plain English as possible, maybe asking for a simple drawing that shows the layout of the pipes. I would, but that is a little above my mechanical background...I don't even know what 180 degrees headers are!

I have a friend in Shanghai who grew up in Taiwan, and is a native speaker. I'll send him the link, I'd like to know what he is saying when the first clip is ending.

Tom
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so i put a thread out for the Get togeather, and got to thinking. should we open it up to all Rebodies and or Kits...Aldino, Enterra (often considered the "Mera of Canada") even ture kits like the Lambos, Ferrari, whats that, The Zimmerman i think?
as long as its Fiero underneath?? i say, Bring It!!

what y'all say.
it will flex the Location mucho....tho. more less South and possibily some East.
Tom and Richard still have us firmly planted way West of the Mississippi river. ultimately Rick keeps us West of the mighty Missip, anyway.
good enough for me.

the exhaust thing seems like he seperated the cylinders in to PAIRS or something. is that possible? 3 banks of 2, dumped in to a single or maybe even a dual exhaust out? i do not know any thing about this, anyway. i was just looking at the pictures as usual, for a looooong time.
later
Dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-10-2010).]

reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Guys, I need your opinion on something. Go to my post in the technical section titled "180 degree headers on a 2.8 Listen to this sound!" Dan you can probably move the link here. Anyway I think a 2.8 or 3.4 Mera would sound very exotic with this system. Problem is the guy that did it is from Taiwan. Let me know your opinions on the sound. Anyone here speak Chinese? I want my Mera to sound like this. There are two videos and some poor pictures of the system. I can't figure out what he is doing with the pipes.

Rick, that's an interesting thread; Tom, thanks for the link. I think Blacktree is confusing two unrelated concepts--180 degree headers and flat (180 degree) cranks.

I translated the page using Google--didn't really get much out of it. Interestingly, the car is in Taichung, Taiwan--flew radio relay missions out of there into the Gulf of Tonkin during the Vietnam War.

[This message has been edited by reholmes (edited 07-10-2010).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mera7:

rick... i build custom stainless header/muffler systems for all the porsche race cars here in my area... a set of big tube stainless headers, port match the heads, run a ss403 tubi euro muffler system and you get that distinct euro sound your looking for. @$2500.00 for the custom built setup. i charge 8500.00 for a porsche setup lol.

Thanks, but that is overkill for my car. I am going to see if I can find out how this system is designed. I would want something with basically stock size tubing that woud tie into the factory exaust system. I think it has to do with the exhaust phasing.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick 88

3914 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Awesome sound!! Here's the link:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/109963.html

Rick, if you have Google Tool Bar loaded onto your brower, just hit the TRANSLATE button on the top, right hand side, and it turns all of those little boxes into English. He doesn't write anything on the actual plumbing, though. In fact, even in English, not sure what the heck is is talking about.

Also to the left of that first clip, his e-mail address is listed. I would send him an e-mail in as plain English as possible, maybe asking for a simple drawing that shows the layout of the pipes. I would, but that is a little above my mechanical background...I don't even know what 180 degrees headers are!

I have a friend in Shanghai who grew up in Taiwan, and is a native speaker. I'll send him the link, I'd like to know what he is saying when the first clip is ending.

Tom

Thank for the info Tom. I will see if I can pull up his email address. Hope he understands a little English.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero-in-Paradise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick,

His e-mail address is:

fiero_tw@yahoo.com.tw

E-mail me a list of questions you want to ask him, and I'll forward it to my friend in Shanghai. I'll ask him to translate to Mandarin (the common language in Taiwan) and forward to this person.

Dan, good on you to attempt to bring us all together! Now I just need to contemplate on getting the Mera to the mainland. What I'd really like to do is to take the Mera to one of those larger Fiero gatherings (like that Fiero-rama thing they had)...since I'm also a Fiero owner too!

I may take the Mera for a ride today and take a look at this:

http://honolulu.craigslist..../ctd/1834530373.html

Wife says I'm suffering from midlife crisis trauma, stage 3.

Tom
Edit: Rick, I heard back from my friend in Shanghai. See what I posted at the link.

[This message has been edited by Fiero-in-Paradise (edited 07-10-2010).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dan, good on you to attempt to bring us all together! Now I just need to contemplate on getting the Mera to the mainland. What I'd really like to do is to take the Mera to one of those larger Fiero gatherings (like that Fiero-rama thing they had)...since I'm also a Fiero owner too!

Tom

FIERO-RAMA Sept 12th 2010- St.Charles, IL
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081635.html

well Tom, seeing as you have the Most to invest in this little To-DO....you can pick the location in my opinion. FieroRama would be a great place to have a get togeather and its already set up. its not so central but we would get the audience. good show Tom.

i leave that decision to you, Friend.
Dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-11-2010).]

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-11-2010 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rick if you find a tubi muffler it will sound close. its how the db's resonate inside the chambers and echos through the bellows. but anyhow tubi's can be found in america. you just have to look
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2010 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check this out! got another one. Mera #8013, on Ebay.
[/QUOTE]
I am listing the original factory interior from my 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT MERA (#8013). I bought it several years back not realizing that it was a MERA and removed the Fiero based interior and swapped it out with one that was more authentic looking. Had I been educated at the time about MERA's I would have left it alone. I'm not exactly sure how much was original and what might have been added or altered by the previous owners. This interior package would be perfect for anyone who is looking to upgrade the look of their Fiero interior, anyone who wants to upgrade their standard 4 cylinder Fiero interior to the GT style interior (you have to upgrade the engine and ECM to be compatible with GT gauge cluster) or for anyone who has a Fiero that needs or is missing the interior of their Fiero or Ferrari kit car. As I mentioned this interior has been sitting for a few years boxed up so it's a little musty and could use a quick wipe down. The wood grain trim is just vinyl and is starting to peal in some areas. The dash parts and door skins are wrapped in vinyl. This is a near complete interior which includes all the components to install a dash, gauges, center console and interior doors. I have some screws but most of the screws had to be reused for the new interior. I will provide all the screws and bolts that I have. Here is a more detailed breakdown of what is included:

-Main dash (with a closable storage pocket)

-Dash side trim panels

-GT speedometer gauge cluster (odometer reads 55,445.7 miles *yes well under 100,000 miles*)

-Speedometer trim panel with vinyl Ferrari logo

-Rear speedometer housing

-GT gauges (volt and oil pressure) w/ mounting bracket, trim plate and plexi-glass cover.

-Speaker covers

-Radio pod housing

-Radio & AC trim plate

-Defrost blower housing

-Vinyl wrapped manual transmission center console unit.

-Leather wrapped shift knob

-Vinyl wrapped center console with storage door and Ferrari horse

-Vinyl wrapped Driver side and passenger side door skin with handles and trim plate.

-Leather wrapped GT steering wheel with Ferrari logo.

-Extra custom dash components

-Other misc. brackets and screws for mounting dash.
[/QUOTE]

on Mikes tip i went looking for Tubi, look what i found!

notice it has 308 cut into it! On both sides!! awesome!! too bad it costs as much as a Eng. swap...
pics of the Taiwan Fiero....
am i seeing this right? is the middle cyl. seperate from the other two here? or is it tapped into the top of the bottum one like a "t" pipe instead of a "y" pipe. i dont know what i mean but maybe one of you do.

then are both sides of the eng are collected here???

and whats with the 3 levels of pipe and stuff??

D

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-11-2010).]

reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2010 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the firing order on the V-6 Fiero is 1-2-3-4-5-6. If you tap the center exhaust port and connect to the "outers" on the other bank, doesn't that give you a 180 degree exhaust? Mike? OK, maybe not, maybe it gives you a 120 or 240 degree exhaust, but it certainly gives you firing in alternating collectors.

Hey, I'm not a header guy, but seems to me that's what a 180 header is all about.

[This message has been edited by reholmes (edited 07-14-2010).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2010 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reholmes:

I believe the firing order on the V-6 Fiero is 1-2-3-4-5-6. If you tap the center exhaust port and connect to the "outers" on the other bank, doesn't that give you a 180 degree exhaust? Mike?

Hey, I'm not a header guy, but seems to me that's what a 180 header is all about.

I don't know if it makes it a 180 degree exhaust but it must alter the exhaust pulses and the sound also. I just need to figure out how the system is run. It is obvious the one exhaust port ties into the opposite bank. Which cylinders are on each bank of the 2.8?
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2010 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick 88

3914 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Rick,

His e-mail address is:

fiero_tw@yahoo.com.tw

E-mail me a list of questions you want to ask him, and I'll forward it to my friend in Shanghai. I'll ask him to translate to Mandarin (the common language in Taiwan) and forward to this person.

I may take the Mera for a ride today and take a look at this:

http://honolulu.craigslist..../ctd/1834530373.html

Wife says I'm suffering from midlife crisis trauma, stage 3.

Tom
Edit: Rick, I heard back from my friend in Shanghai. See what I posted at the link.

Tom,

Since I am not and exhaust expert, I would want to know how the pipes are tied into the opposite banks and routed. Also what kind of muffler is in the system. I am sure there is one where the convertor goes. Anyone else have questions we could ask.

Dan: The tubi looks great but would one fit in the Fiero compartment with out cutting the trunk floor. How much are these mufflers if you find one that fits? I have a feeling they are major $$$. Thanks for posting the pictures from the Taiwan thread. They look better here that on the original post!

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 07-11-2010).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Thats the key....experience with routing, length, and being able to separate the cylinders to where the engine runs great. Think about it from a simple standpoint.....the V6 chugs along because of the firing order and all of the exhaust going into 1 pipe on each side, but what if you could make the chug a constant. That is what the guy did. By separating the middle cylinder of each side and adding a huge length to it, the exhaust sound is now tuned to be nice and even instead of a growl. I have looked at the pictures of this guys routing of the pipes and this guy has so much extra pipe under that car that it goes towards the front of the car and even curves below the oil pan towards the back.

scammed from your Exhaust Thread in the Tech. section Rick hope ypu do not mind?
see it is the separation of the cylinders.....anybody know HOW to do this??
Mike??? i look at you, lovingly. what do you say Buddy? can this be done?
that sound is so F-reaking CAR, its not Funny! its rules!!
that sound is the only thing, next to a HP increase, that Mera X will get to a Real Ferrari 308. totally. nice sound.

would all V6 sound like that, if "tuned" for the Eng? like say maybe, the 3800?
i would settle with the 3.4L -V6, if i could keep that sound.
ohhhh.....does mmy Auto. trans mess with the sound? minus not having the Netural rev, rev......thing?
i like that Mera X is auto. after having the 6 speed in the TA. sooooo much easier to drive. i will leave X auto even after a swap.
i want paddle shifters anyway....whoops thats an F-Car trait. awww....Lambos have paddles too....no harm, no foul!

later
Dan
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2010 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HELLO, yes i know how to get that sound. i do it all the time. its equal length tubing, equalized back pressure, the proper sized tubes with a good low restriction muffler. i prefer stainless steel myself. to get that sound is not cheap by any means of the word. if it was easy and cheap every one would be doing it. it is expensive materials and very labor indusive. i am sorry not to give away too much information but it is one of the ways i make a living. thanks for understanding guys. mike in oklahoma
Julian

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JulianSend a Private Message to JulianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a few MERA's here with raised white letters on the tires..... I'm off to put new tires on mine (245/60/50 & 255/60/50) and just want everyones opinion... Raised white letters out or turn them in? Unfortunately the BF Goodrich only come in RWL.
PFF
System Bot
GMplastic

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Julian,
The RWL is just a personal choice. I tried setting the new Goodyear tires next to mine before I had them mounted on the rims.
(The Mera I'm referring to is the black one on page 32). With the letters turned in, the black tires just seemed to get "lost," as there was little color contrast between the tires and the black car. The difference in appearance was amazing when I spun them around on the garage floor to show the white lettering. I did this right at the Goodyear dealer's store and made the decision on the spot. You may want to do the same with your yellow Mera. I'm not sure which would look better without trying it both ways. If line the donuts up with the rims while it's sitting on the ground and take a good look at the side view, you'll be able to tell what you like best right away.

Have fun!
~~Dan, aka GMplastic

------------------
Gold '87 GT, Black '87 GT, Black '88 Mera, 64 Stingray coupe, '01 Corvette coupe, '03 Corvette coupe & caretaker of son's Yellow '87 GT, & Other son's Red '86 GT,
General tinkerer and doer of mechanical deeds

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Julian,

I have all of mine with the letters mounted on the inside but believe that it would look equally good with them on the outside.

Nelson
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hnthomps

5728 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I guess that it is time to let everyone in on my latest project. It has been around four years in the making and I am now very happy to announce a successful conclusion. I have now confirmed the exact source for the MERA rear deck lid letters and better still have locate a very limited supply of the new old stock letters. I have to use multiple vendors to get all of the required emblems and the sources have extremly limited supplies These letters are not at all inexpensive and require some minor modifications. Please let me know if anyone is interested in obtaining a set of new MERA deck lid letters. The price should be somewhere around $125 plus shipping. Exact price will be determined after I see how many sets we need.

A sample of the new letters is provided below and compared with original Mera lettering from my 87. The original individual letters are on the bottom and the new ones on the top two lines.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 07-13-2010).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Julian:

I saw a few MERA's here with raised white letters on the tires..... I'm off to put new tires on mine (245/60/50 & 255/60/50) and just want everyones opinion... Raised white letters out or turn them in? Unfortunately the BF Goodrich only come in RWL.

Since you car is yellow, I would run the tires black side out and let the paint make the statement. On the black Mera I like the white letters displayed. Otherwise the tires get lost against the body. ( Yes, I am not a fan of the completely blacked out look.) Maybe because I live in west Texas where it is too dusty to keep a black car clean. Can you post some more pictures of you car?
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick 88

3914 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Originally posted by hnthomps:

I guess that it is time to let everyone in on my latest project. It has been around four years in the making and I am now very happy to announce a successful conclusion. I have now confirmed the exact source for the MERA rear deck lid letters and better still have locate a very limited supply of the new old stock letters. I have to use multiple vendors to get all of the required emblems and the sources have extremly limited supplies These letters are not at all inexpensive and require some minor modifications. Please let me know if anyone is interested in obtaining a set of new MERA deck lid letters. The price should be somewhere around $125 plus shipping. Exact price will be determined after I see how many sets we need.

A sample of the new letters is provided below and compared with original Mera lettering from my 87. The original individual letters are on the bottom and the new ones on the top two lines.

Nelson

Nelson,

Would we have to trim the letters ourselves? I was going to send mine to "Mr G's" and have them do the plastic replating. I thought these were individual letters to begin with. I will have to take a close look at mine since they are the ones that came on the car.
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Delete due to an accidental double post.

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 07-13-2010).]

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hnthomps

5728 posts
Member since Jul 2003

After a very careful examination of my original Mera letters, I see some indications that they may have been trimmed (at least on two of the four letters on the bottom row). I plan to trim mine when the third MERA is ready for paint and will post a picture of the trimmed letters later. These letters are the same exact size and font so I believe that my search was successful and that these are the initial sources. I have also heard "rumors" floating around for several years that the rear deck lid letters were from the 87 Grand AM SE/LE and these are mostly confirmed by tyhe font and size. BTW, my new SE letters did not come from a GRAND AM but from another Pontiac of the same vintage.

Nelson

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Nelson,

Would we have to trim the letters ourselves? I was going to send mine to "Mr G's" and have them do the plastic replating. I thought these were individual letters to begin with. I will have to take a close look at mine since they are the ones that came on the car.

Fiero-in-Paradise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Julian! Where have you been? I have to agree with Rick...the white lettering just looks REALLY good on Dan's black Mera. But I also agree with Dan, you need to check it out at the tire place and see how they look on your yellow Mera. Individuality is the spice of life!

Wow Nelson, that must have took some Detective work! Can't afford a set right now...shifting purchases to the Fiero (cupholder, headliner, etc.). But dang, tempted to buy a set or two just for investment purposes alone. That reminds me...gotta check on the nose badge order.

Okay, tech question, sorta of: What kind of horn came on the original Mera? Did they leave it stock? I have Fiamm air horns on my Mera (located under the driver side front fender area)...often wondered if the previous owner installed it, or if Corporate Concepts installed it.

Tom
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2010 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
verification with rodney is possible and likely needed but all MERA letters i have seen have 2 trimmed letters. my mera letters have been trimmed. my .02 mike
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 178 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167   168   169   170   171   172   173   174   175   176   177   178 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock