Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  A Real Mera in Paradise (Page 32)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 178 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167   168   169   170   171   172   173   174   175   176   177   178 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
A Real Mera in Paradise by Fiero-in-Paradise
Started on: 08-18-2009 04:06 AM
Replies: 7110 (186862 views)
Last post by: Vernonmera on 11-25-2023 05:59 PM
reholmes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:
hey Richard. whats up? seems like no one wanted the conv. Stinger....NO BIDS?? seems strange...maybe they will re-list.
could be the VIN confusion and the "International" situation may have played into this for the US bidders. if i had a job all along i would have at least bid i have never owned a Convertable. that Stinger would stay badged "F-Car" if it were in my garage. that is a true 308 kit. perfect.

Well, I've owned a couple converts, and they are kind of a pain.

I understand that true Stingers converts are well reinforced and the kits are very well done. I never see them advertised. Seems like he would have had a higher starting bid, or a hefty reserve.

What did you say about turning the page ;-)

[This message has been edited by reholmes (edited 06-20-2010).]

IP: Logged
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man you are so good at the flip game..... i see how you are....you lay low waiting to pounce. hahahahahahaaaa......

"kind of a pain"..... in the neck looking for birds flying overhead, maybe
too me they are only bad in the rain. i got that covered by not driving my good cars in the rain. Heck, my Trans Am has only seen like 5 rain days, total. i have had it for 7-8 years. i have my Jeep for them days....

you know speaking on the Stinger, i do not think there was a reserve...well it does not say there was one anyway. welcome back home, Holmes!!
later
Dan
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-21-2010 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey dan, ya ya lol. mera and 308 wheel base is very close though like 2" or so. and the lotus is similar. what you posted is overall lengths. mike
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, can you help this new member out? He bought a Mera and has some questions. Also, maybe someone can research the VIN numbers:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/109595.html

His pics:

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-21-2010).]

reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

welcome back home, Holmes!!

Thanks, always nice to return to "Cheers"--"Hey, Norm!"

Got some bad news: My 87GT was hit by a red-light runner about 4 hours ago. Hit in the left quarter--and hard. All the body panels are in great shape--even the bumper , which she tore off. Left rear suspension looks to be broken as the wheel is gazing skyward. This car was recently painted, reupholstered, re-tired, new pads and rotors and SS lines all around--130k miles, but ran strong. I don't want this car to go to the crushers, but I know USAA will not pay for the repair--which may be mostly the left rear suspension.

I'm going to get a salvage price from the insurer, and check around for someone to repair it--too soon to decide. I've had the car 20 years and really love it--oh, well, will decide its fate later.

[This message has been edited by reholmes (edited 06-21-2010).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reholmes:

Thanks, always nice to return to "Cheers"--"Hey, Norm!"

Got some bad news: My 87GT was hit by a red-light runner about 4 hours ago. Hit in the left quarter--and hard. All the body panels are in great shape--even the bumper , which she tore off. Left rear suspension looks to be broken as the wheel is gazing skyward. This car was recently painted, reupholstered, re-tired, new pads and rotors and SS lines all around--130k miles, but ran strong. I don't want this car to go to the crushers, but I know USAA will not pay for the repair--which may be mostly the left rear suspension.

I'm going to get a salvage price from the insurer, and check around for someone to repair it--too soon to decide. I've had the car 20 years and really love it--oh, well, will decide its fate later.

WHAT!?......hope you are alright, physically? YES?
dam. if they (ins company) gives you money can you still keep the car to fix. should not be that much $$. KEEP IT. FIX IT.
Mike needs to make some panels for the new guy anyway....i mean ( in salesman voice...."i mean
right,Mike??" :Pointsfinger:HAHHAHAAAAkiddingwait you said your panels are good. really? cool.
ahhhh....i mean Keep it dude. I want to be buried in mine. is that weird? i said that about my Trans Am. now its Mera X. maybe halfsies.....
with an engine swap i'll crash into a wall racing it anyway. thats how i want to go. on the racetrack. no kids no worries. i read somewhere that the place where Fiero X got his starter engine, they quote $6500. forgot when that was posted but, Fiero X - Mera X ya think? so totally could sell that on "Pinks".....whoops sorry got carried away there. hope you are "good" Richard. if you need to talk it out i, WE, are here.
peace!
dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-21-2010).]

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-21-2010 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
holmes, i hope you are ok? get well soon.... mike
Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone! Dan, thanks, that's what I thought that was. I'm still interested in doing the Corporate Concepts badge on the side. Can you provide the dimensions of that Pinafera (sp) badge?

Dick...that is too bad about your Fiero! Hope no one was injured. And just recently painted too?? Wow, what a bummer.

Rak...looks like you have your work cut out for you. Jimmy's Custom Automotive in Canada still has replacement panels for 308 repros. I imagine they are pretty pricey though. If you have any questions regarding your planned V8 swap, that's way out of my league. But do a "search" and you'll find lots of info.

On "vacation" this week...but just doing the normal things to keep this 40-year old house going...painting, fixing the sprinker system, cutting down a dead papaya tree, and ugh...did I mention painting??

Just received my new trunk seals from Will...one for the Mera, and one for the Fiero. I'll post pics soon.
Tom

[This message has been edited by Fiero-in-Paradise (edited 06-22-2010).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey T-Bird?? got something for ya....
o.k. there is like a frame around an emblem thing going on with this plaque i'll call it.

the outside dimentions are 5 3/4" X 7/8" -Frame seems to be attached with 2 sided tape.
the inside diamentions are 5 5/8" X 3/4" -inner Decal.
its a 2 piece. the frame has a (guessing) 1/16" border around the edge and the smaller emblem goes in that. not tight, but close.

i did not even know this till now. the sticker is rather stout and metal. like your Hood emblems. i assume its the real Ferrari thing.
seems to also have 2 sided tape. but way thinner...too make it flush with the outer border. its your call as far as metal gauge thickness for both.. does that make sence?

good call! a Corprate Concepts emblem.....why not? you so smart. jolly good idea

also on the "Mera Front".....i have been trying to rally any Mera owners in Mi and may have been pointed in a direction.
me goal is to get the 86 proto and Mera X next to each other. for a show and compare session....the details in the Pictures that have surfaced to date are very exciting to say the least. But to see them in person next to each other, with a possible 'nother 1988 Mera for ya. huh? that defines good times on the internet....all years of Mera representing, PONTIAC!!!!! get ya sum!!!!!
now with some work i can pad the "card" with emergency road side assistance cash......yeah.....ROAD TRIP!!!

what else??????DINNER!
later
Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-22-2010).]

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero-in-Paradise:

Hi everyone! Dan, thanks, that's what I thought that was. I'm still interested in doing the Corporate Concepts badge on the side. Can you provide the dimensions of that Pinafera (sp) badge?

Dick...that is too bad about your Fiero! Hope no one was injured. And just recently painted too?? Wow, what a bummer.

Rak...looks like you have your work cut out for you. Jimmy's Custom Automotive in Canada still has replacement panels for 308 repros. I imagine they are pretty pricey though. If you have any questions regarding your planned V8 swap, that's way out of my league. But do a "search" and you'll find lots of info.

On "vacation" this week...but just doing the normal things to keep this 40-year old house going...painting, fixing the sprinker system, cutting down a dead papaya tree, and ugh...did I mention painting??

Just received my new trunk seals from Will...one for the Mera, and one for the Fiero. I'll post pics soon.
Tom

Tom,

I am interested in the Corporate Concepts side emblems. I would also like it if I could install a set on the removable door sill tabs where the older Fieros acutally said Fiero on them. I think the size is about the same. I am at work so I can't send measurements. It would add a factory look when you opened the door and saw Corporate Concepts on the door sill.

Thanks again for the goodies for "mellow yellow"

I want to see the trunk seals!!
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2010 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rak... jimmys automotive in windsor canada does not have 308 panels, they have 328 panels. they called me a while back for 308 specific stuff. they wanted a 308 front clip, and 308 rear clip. 328 and 308 doors, hood, and rear deck are the same though. their 328 front clip minus hood and headlight covers was 3500.00 or something like that. and they dont have headlight cover molds, they wanted me to make them some of those too. it turns out shipping large parts like that from us to canada is troublesome with customs. brokerage fees make it very very expensive. cost inhibitive actually. but you are welcome to call them, they are nice people.
PFF
System Bot
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2010 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mera7

1355 posts
Member since Sep 2009
rak from the pics you posted it looks like you need a front bumper, a rear bumper, a rear lower valance, and headlight covers. also a reverse clear light. i have spare mera/ford reverse lights and i can make all of the other components from my mera molds but im not cheap. you would be better off trying to source the parts from ebay or kitcar.com or the likes of. if you dont find them then try me as a last resort. thanks, mike in oklahoma
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2010 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rak please let me clarify something... i am sorry if i sound like a complete a$$ but my parts are meant for the mera specific community. i will sell to the aftermarket fiero 308 community but at a premium. my time is spent mostly on my family and pro monster trucks. thanks, mike
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For a bumper, try Paul Angel (Tha Angel) on the forum. He should be able to help you with this and possibly some other parts.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2010 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think rodney sells front bumpers too.
Fiero-in-Paradise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 04:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dano..thanks for the measurements! I'll see what I can come up with. LOL...will need to waiting until I get back to work. I'm on leave, but busy with house projects. This am, went to change just one stupid sprinkler head. Apparently the previous house owner or whoever installed it, GLUED it into the pipe. So, what should have been like a 15 min job, turned out to be most of the day...digging down to the pipe, and under, so I could cut it, and install a correct, threaded T so the sprinkler head could be screwed to it. I should have wore a t-shirt...I now have a nice tank top tan.

Rick, no problem on the parts! I think that headlight switch thing was a F/S repro. I was looking at the Mera last night, and the type is much better/clearer than the repro...almost looks like painted on. Yep...door sills on the long-range radar.

Hey Mike, did not mean to slight you. I knew you were able to provide the panels, just weren't sure how willing you were so I did not mention you. Well dang, the last time I talked with "xxxx" (can't remember her name) at Jimmy's, she said they did carry 308 panels that would also fit the Mera. Oh well.

Okay guys, don't flame me too hard, but I saw this ad for a 1998 Z28 SS and thinking seriously about doing a trade-in with the Mera.

http://honolulu.craigslist..../ctd/1804612303.html

Jeez...the car just looks fast sitting there! HIGHLY tempting, for sure!

[This message has been edited by Fiero-in-Paradise (edited 06-23-2010).]

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2010 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey tom, your fine.... no problems here.
GMplastic

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is a fascinating thread. Here is a picture of my Mera. It is fun to drive, with the MAJOR drawback of being absolutely the worst cop-magnet that I have ever owned. It is in storage so far this year because I've been too busy with house repairs and taking care of LaFierte's & Yellow87FieroGT's (my two sons) cars to do anything to my own.

I need to repair some stress cracks around the headlights and just above the bumper, then do a repaint of the front end. The rest of the car is in pretty good shape. It's an 88 with 49k miles on it, 5 speed,
serial # 85.

The only mods I've done are SS exhaust, ported exhaust ports, Rodney Dickman short shifter. The rest of the mods (cosmetic stuff like bumpers and badges) were on it when I bought it several years ago.

Last fall I drove it up to a neighboring town that is about 15 miles away. A county sheriff deputy followed me from about a mile from my house, all the way to the NAPA parking lot, sat there and waited for me to come out. I waved at him. I think he got a real good look at all my gray hair and decided I that I was probably closely-enough in touch with my mortality that I wasn't going to do anything rash, so he left.

Then my son and me were out for a drive in it, a white van cut us off at an intersection. I thought we were in for a car jacking, so my foot was on the clutch and it was it first gear...ready to do a doughnut and get out of there. So a guy jumps out of the van with a camera, stands right in front of us and starts taking pictures....RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAFFIC!
....so it doesn't get driven a lot.
The GT's that I own are as much fun to drive without the "cop magnet" and "celebrity" hassles. But the Mera always makes a trip worth remembering.

~~Dan aka GMplastic

------------------
Gold '87 GT, Black '87 GT, Black '88 Mera, 64 Stingray coupe, '01 Corvette coupe, '03 Corvette coupe & caretaker of son's Yellow '87 GT, & Other son's Red '86 GT,
General tinkerer and doer of mechanical deeds

reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great, Dan, welcome!

Here's a article on the Fiero Zimmer and some super pics. http://carscoop.blogspot.co...scoop+%28CARSCOOP%29

OBTW, I'm doing fine, no residual aches or pains--thanks, all, for your expressions of concern.

Dick
Fiero-in-Paradise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Dan, welcome! LOL...you got way too many toys!

Are you going to fix that spiderweb yourself? I have the same thing going on near the headlights. Please post pics if you're doing it yourself. What brand of exhaust system did you go with, and did you have any problems removing the manifolds (i.e., broken bolts)?

Thanks,
Tom
reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay guys, don't flame me too hard, but I saw this ad for a 1998 Z28 SS and thinking seriously about doing a trade-in with the Mera.

Well, before you do anything rash, let us know what you are getting for your Mera. What is shipping to the mainland--$1000?
PFF
System Bot
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome Dan!

Your Mera looks nice in black. What size tires are you running on it? Are the emblems on the wheels and fender Ferrari or Fiero? We need more pics. You can include some of the 64 Vette too!
GMplastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom & Dick,
Thanks for the nice welcome. All of the people I've met on the forum and Fiero owners in general are SUPER!
Yes, I intend to do the body repair myself. It's a matter of finding the time, so it might happen during an upcoming cold and dark Minnesota winter (time spent in the garage doesn't count against you, unless you're working on a daily driver!). There are some weak points on the Mera: Around the corners of the headlights, the front corners of the hood opening and the upper corners of the grill opening.
After stripping the paint to survey the damage, I will probably reinforce the back with some glass and resin, then grind through the cracked gelcoat on the top and repair if the cracking seems to go any deeper...replace the gelcoat, board sand, prime red, prime dark gray or black, board sand again. Two colors of primer make any imperfections show up easily so they can be corrected before paint time. Then Dupont Chromacolor and clearcoat.
It should turn out ok. Black is always challenging, because it shows every tiny ripple or piece of dirt.
The exhaust is from the Fiero Store, except for the Mera tips, which came from Rodney Dickman. There was no problem getting the bolts out of this car, as it doesn't have that many miles on it anyway.
I have changed manifolds on several Fieros...yes, it's a pain in my southern hemispheres, but I found that even the front manifold yields to patience, good lighting, a lot of JB-80, a thesaurus of bad words is handy along with a set of sharp left-hand drill bits and bottoming taps.
A right angle pneumatic drill, starting with a small left-handed bit and working up to a larger size will usually back out broken manifold bolts. Once a small hole is made in the broken bolt, a larger bit will catch enough to back out the rest. Try to avoid using screw-type extractors because they just expand the bolt, break off and cause you to refer to the above-mention thesaurus. If you still can't get it out,
drill the hole to the correct size and then use the bottoming tap (bottoming taps have a square, not pointed, end). There is a lot of satisfaction in getting rid of any and all exhaust leaks and getting back that nice 2.8 liter burble without all the ticking.
Give yourself a weekend in the garage to accomplish the manifold change on an older car. You can do a new one without broken bolts in about 4 to 5 hours. It also helps to disconnect the dogbone and use a small come-along to rock the engine back a bit. Then use a block of wood between the firewall and the front engine lifting eye to hold it (don't depend on the come-along completely).

Well, that's been my experience. I hope this helps!

~~Dan

------------------
Gold '87 GT, Black '87 GT, Black '88 Mera, 64 Stingray coupe, '01 Corvette coupe, '03 Corvette coupe & caretaker of son's Yellow '87 GT, & Other son's Red '86 GT,
General tinkerer and doer of mechanical deeds

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
welcome dan.... very good looking car. i like the black.
GMplastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick,
The tires are p235r15 in front and p255r15 rear. The emblems are Ferrari.

And here's my old vette. I've drove this car all the way through college...1974 to 78. Total restoration 5 years ago:

It's still fun to drive, but hard on gas compared to a Fiero or a C5.

Take care!
~~Dan

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dano..thanks for the measurements! I'll see what I can come up with. LOL...will need to waiting until I get back to work. I'm on leave, but busy with house projects. This am, went to change just one stupid sprinkler head. Apparently the previous house owner or whoever installed it, GLUED it into the pipe. So, what should have been like a 15 min job, turned out to be most of the day...digging down to the pipe, and under, so I could cut it, and install a correct, threaded T so the sprinkler head could be screwed to it. I should have wore a t-shirt...I now have a nice tank top tan.

Rick, no problem on the parts! I think that headlight switch thing was a F/S repro. I was looking at the Mera last night, and the type is much better/clearer than the repro...almost looks like painted on. Yep...door sills on the long-range radar.

Hey Mike, did not mean to slight you. I knew you were able to provide the panels, just weren't sure how willing you were so I did not mention you. Well dang, the last time I talked with "xxxx" (can't remember her name) at Jimmy's, she said they did carry 308 panels that would also fit the Mera. Oh well.

http://honolulu.craigslist..../ctd/1804612303.html

What you talkin about Willis??? An SS Camaro is a nice car, but don't give up the Mera!! I'd let the GT go first. Tom, if you have to go fast, I can get you set up with a new Grand Sport!
I wonder if my wife would like an automatic mera, you've seen her Vette
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick 88

3914 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Originally posted by GMplastic:

Rick,
The tires are p235r15 in front and p255r15 rear. The emblems are Ferrari.

And here's my old vette. I've drove this car all the way through college...1974 to 78. Total restoration 5 years ago:

It's still fun to drive, but hard on gas compared to a Fiero or a C5.

Take care!
~~Dan

Very nice 64 Dan! How is it equipped? Are the tires on the Mera 60 or 70 series? They fill up the fenders nicely compared to the stock 50 series originals.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dano..thanks for the measurements!

First off Dan (GMplastic) welcome NICE Mera. i got stories for you!

But excuse me for a minute ....TOMMY????!!! YOU ARE GOING TO WHAT, WITH? ........FOR A CAMARO! i need a minute!

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
E-mail sent
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry i had to get my Heart Medicine. Thomas How dare you Hahahahahahaha.......

that camaro is not worth that asking price. offer of $8000-$10,000 (if its real nice)But really. are you crazy? Mera #8044 is perfect.. fair trade will only devalue #8044. and make me mad.....lucky i dont know how to swim.
FIREHAWK..FIREHAWK..FIREHAWK......PONTIAC TRANS AM ..FIREHAWK
they make an SLP Pontiac for ya Tommy. they fast too! my little LT1 is good. 275 hp. the Firehawk is 330-345 hp....LS1 powered get ya sum. whatever i will still talk to you.hahahahaahahaaa
anyway.
its story time fellas.....again Dan welcome to the show.

Ok its totally funny first, that it must be a DAN thing, cuz finally someone with longer posts than me....Right on

2nd. i see that your Mera #8085 is Badged F-car. you are witness to the Ferrari Mystique, our new friend.

see i live in a weird town..... i have seen a few Lotus and Lambos. AMG this and that.....because of the, how do you say.....big business (capitalism).....the Auto industry all branches, in the city alone. plus the our Hospitals are cutting edge, Pfizer (Upjohn), Stryker...ect. you know all the upper Execs. salary just in them circles alone are Millions..not counting zee bonuses....so this area reflects it....cars, Boats, motor homes, lake houses, lotta lake houses. nice newer cars are around, so not rare.
well here along comes Mera X, in the best Ferrari 308 homage possible, these Meras are tight.

But, it surprizes me, how the young Kids know its Ferrari. maybe not the 308 part, but F-car none the less.....

heres the Kicker, tho. after we go by, all rubberneckin' the rear, when they see the Pontiac -Mera on back, well you woulda thought i Farted, for the way their eyes roll back into their heads. i thought they were gonna pass out. they turn away all dissappointed. so i have only had one pic (known) to have been snapped on the road. that one almost got her wreaked. she was not watchin in front of her.....swerve and a miss.

ok let me say when i 1st got Mera X it was all badged up Ferrari. well the first day we were out 2 newer Vettes pull the rev, rev, vroom, vroom card. thinking i was Ferrari. i am sorry but the Vette Guys around here know better than to challenge anybody at all. thats how i know it was a challange. most anything cannot compete so they (Vette guys) do not even play...Maybe cuz really my only challange is my Trans Am.

hear that Tom? bet you they would race if i had a SS Camaro or something......JOKE. KIDDING...seriously. trade the Mera...you'll be sorry.

now with the Mera Emblem on the back i get nothing as described as far as ohhhh and ahhhh's.

you know?? the aforementioned Aloha Tommy, may have some Mera hood emblems if you want to try a little experiment....hell i got one i will sacrifice/donate to the cause. let me know if you want to put it on your car to see if you get a different reaction. i am interested in this outcome. sounds like fun and quite interesting to see if you, especally notice a change. i cant tell, people always stare at me. wonder why? 2 words,Hyper-Active. Put it this way YES-i do talk (alot) with my hands and never shut up! notice yet.hahahahahaaa

one interesting point is that with the Mera X licence plate and the makeshift Mera emblem i made, 1 guy actually saw me eariler on a cruise and went home and looked up Pontiac Mera on the internet and of course its all there. Well i a few days later I went into a local Park for some Summer Photo fun and he was there fishing. totally made a beeline and i could tell he was comming for us. Biker lookin dude. well he comes up and asks if he could look at "my Mera". i was all jaw on floor. he knew what it was. that was a first. cool dude, also.

well .........uhhhhhhhh........
thats all i got....DRAWS BLANK.....

Later
D

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-24-2010).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
in all fairness to that SS. it is 550 horse power.....maybe $12000 aint that bad

i am watching you, Tom. Richard is right. do not do anything Rash. rash and pay cash rhyme see? or maybe low low low finiancing.hahahahahahaaaaagetyasum.
D

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-23-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
GMplastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rick and Dan

Well, there's another story...about getting flashed (with a camera!) at night on the freeway in the Mera. Now if that isn't distracting!

The vette is a 365hp, solid lifter, Dutov-cammed original. 4.11 posi, Muncie close ratio. All stock except for sway bars and bushings, competition springs and Hurst shifter.

It was my ride when I was 19 years old and bought it for $800. That was 35 years ago.

Rick,
The tires are 60 series all the way around.
Gotta go....grillin burgers tonight!
~~Dan
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GMplastic:

Thanks Rick and Dan

Well, there's another story...about getting flashed (with a camera!) at night on the freeway in the Mera. Now if that isn't distracting!

The vette is a 365hp, solid lifter, Dutov-cammed original. 4.11 posi, Muncie close ratio. All stock except for sway bars and bushings, competition springs and Hurst shifter.

It was my ride when I was 19 years old and bought it for $800. That was 35 years ago.

Rick,
The tires are 60 series all the way around.
Gotta go....grillin burgers tonight!
~~Dan

i have edited my post above after i noticed you have newer 2 vettes....embaressed i am. i dont read below posts much till later.
i do like Vettes, alot but i like the '68-'82 and the 1999-2003/04 i think is the last year both cosmetically and deffinately $$lly.....its the 07-present ones i ment to say. those Wankers...sorry

Daniel

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
you know a stock 365hp, 1960's-anything gets my attention......thats a fact! wow. $800 thats funny

Fiero-in-Paradise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan the Younger...LOL...I knew that would raise some discussion!! I dunno...I saw 500+ HP and I guess I went crazy. It was only a thought. The problem with buying a highly mod car like that is when it say, doesn't start, you're basically at Wits End since you're not familiar with all of the mods. Oh well... the Master Plan was to just try and get $10K for the Mera so I can buy another DD, and get back to restoring/modding the 88GT.

Dan the Older, If or when I get around to doing the manifolds, I'll have to hit you for that special thesarus!! Too funny! That's the one mod that is on the top of my want-to-do list, but the mere threat of a broken bolt(s) leaves me shaking with fear. I don't have the skills necessary to drop the engine, so that option is not an option. If I broke a manifold bolt, I'd probably kick myself silly for several days straight, yelling at the moon, "why did I do it??!!" (Probably the same if I bought that Camaro!)

You know, now that I see it, the raised white lettering on the tires really looks awesome, and overall makes the car look, well, just mean! Plus it matches the era. Maybe because your Mera is black, that's why it looks so great. Hmmm...wonder how it would look on a red Mera?

Rick...thanks for the offer, the GS is one awesome-looking car. I have yet to see one here in Honolulu. LOL...think I could get one with monthly payments stretched out for say, uh...20 years?

Tom
GMplastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan,
No worries. I like a lot of different cars too, but am stuck with GM products because my oldest son, Jason (yellow87FieroGT) is a mechanical engineer for them at the Milford test facility. I've owned Corvettes since I was 17. In those days prices of cars like the Corvette, Camaro, Mustang, Challenger...etc, were very low because of the Arab Oil Embargo and long lines at the gas stations. I bought the first one for just $1000, did some repair to the front end and engine, and sold it 3 months later for $2500. Not bad for a kid making $2/hour at the neighborhood grocery store. What's funny is when people suggest that I'm having a midlife crisis. I guess it started in the spring of 1973 and now continues well into the 21st century. If my "midlife" has lasted for 37 years (so far), then my calculations indicate that I should live to about 412.
You guys know what I'm talking about. You love to drive, you love to tinker with hot rods, factory or not. When people ask me where I get the money I just say, "Well, I believe in the holy trinity of fast cars, soft women and smooth whiskey. That's what I spend money on and the rest is just wasted!" Just kidding, of course! The only true part is the cars. So there's been at least one vette in the garage for most of 37 years. The Fieros are a +++, because they are fun to drive, inexpensive to maintain, and you can buy ten of them for the price of one vette. They take modifications well, and amazingly, they are very comfortable for tall people (my two sons and me are all in the 6'6" range).

Hey Tom!
Don't let the manifold thing scare you! It's really not that bad. Get in there and pre-soak everything with JB-80 a couple of days ahead of time, before you turn any manifold bolts. Then just be very patient. The very worst case is if you have to pull a head. If the manifold holes in the head are in that terrible shape anyway, the car has seen a lot of use in a corrosive environment, you should probably pull the plenum and intake, the heads and get them fixed anyway. You don't have to pull the engine to do any of that. Then you can install fresh injectors upon reassembly. The car will run so nice when you're done it makes it all worth it.
If I was in your area I'd help you with the project, but Hawaii hasn't been on my itinerary for about 30 years now. The point is, use patience and common sense and the job should go well.
As far as tires on the Mera, I went with the Goodyear product because of the raised white letters and the actual physical dimensions are very similar to the Gatorbacks that the car originally came with.
Cooper also makes some that will fit. I think your red Mera would look great with RWL's. If you don't like them, you can always flip them around to the inside.

Dan...here's a pic of the 327/365 hp setup:

Well, you guys have a great day!
~~Dan

Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]Originally posted by GMplastic:[

Well, you guys have a great day!
~~Dan

Plain and simple, those were the good old days.
What carb is on it?
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whew! i thought for sure, i was in for it. thanks Other Dan, for the understanding. i am a leap before look-er type.
i should pay more attention to the details....i hardly ever look at the "siguatures" on the bottom. lesson learned.
we need more Mera People and here i go an try to scare them away.
i blame the afternoon coffee's. (the doubles) i gotta cut back.

you know for the sake of confusion, i will be "Dan-O" and the other Dan can be "Dan" is that cool for all??
i go by Daniel in the tactile world. well on my Snail Mail anyway so thats good for me, also.

right on Tom, it better have been a Joke. right? i almost had a spazz attack. actually after re-reading my long post above.
i think i did After i calmed down (with a cup of coffee) i looked at SS Camaros and the like.....that $12,000 is not bad.
but i am cheap so that keeps me from winning/buying anything. a good rule of thumb. for me, i must say.

seems like this years employment is only guarnteed till end of August....dam no Lotus this year. or an engine booster. 2.8TURBO!!

V-8 Archie had a 2.8 Design 1 turbo set up for sale on e-bay. plug and play. went for $1425. i was considering that. And now there is a very fresh 3.4L deal (in the Mall) here on the PFF for $2100 installed i think. in IN, kinda close to me....they are talking SHUT DOWN OVERTIME in my 2 week job at Abbot Labs (Similac, anyone??).....
thats close to $1000 in O.T. alone......

ohhhhh i hate financal responsibility. work work work.....save save save......when does the spend spend spend start??
well its better than living in a storage garage. trust me i know. i was a little wild in my early 20's. the best times of my life, tho.
i was in a rock band (drummer) back then and slept in our practice place....good times!!

soo glad i am not in the dog house here. and with the pay checks comming in, i get to get 1 thing for "Me" and/or Mera X. i cannot complain. (anymore that is)
Off in Mera X for some dinner.
Later Lads,
Dan-O

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-24-2010).]

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-24-2010 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey dan the older pff man, i am currently building a alcohol injected blown 700 cubic inch big block chevrolet with 1825hp and i think im gonna drop it in 7071.....lmao. ok its going in my monster truck lol.
reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Hey guys, can you help this new member out? He bought a Mera and has some questions. Also, maybe someone can research the VIN numbers:

First impression is that this is not a Mera. Second. I don't think there are VIN/Mera serial records kept unless you have the original Corporate Concepts invoice.

Rodney can give you a more authoritative answer.

OBTW, Tom, tell us all again why you don't think you can get $10k for your Mera.

[This message has been edited by reholmes (edited 06-25-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 178 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167   168   169   170   171   172   173   174   175   176   177   178 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock