Click here to visit The FieroStore | View all sponsors
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  A Real Mera in Paradise (Page 166)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 167 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
A Real Mera in Paradise by Fiero-in-Paradise
Started on: 08-18-2009 04:06 AM
Replies: 6663 (157979 views)
Last post by: Rn2016 on 11-22-2017 09:05 AM
batousai666
Member

Posts: 4163
From: MI usa
Registered: Jun 2009


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Larryinkc:

Very nice, what are you running for exhaust, would like to see a vid of it running.

All Meras are good but I really like the 3800 swap cars, they live up to their looks.



I think I got 3 in out to a flowmaster.......then it gets choked cuz of the OEM Mera tail pipes.
kinda sucks actually. flow restrictions and all. and in this video I think my speedo is off by about 8-10 MPH. but still that whine is all that matters after you feel it in the drivers seat.....you will be hooked!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS2BNoB_92Y

IP: Logged

Larryinkc
Member

Posts: 297
From: Kansas City, MO USA
Registered: Nov 2012


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's close to insurance renewal time and I need to increase the agreed value on my Mera after the improvements to it, interior, engine, wheels, tires and suspension

It's currently valued at $12,500.00, any suggestions on what to value it at now.

TIA

Larry

IP: Logged

hnthomps
Member

Posts: 4887
From: Columbia, SC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Larryinkc:

It's close to insurance renewal time and I need to increase the agreed value on my Mera after the improvements to it, interior, engine, wheels, tires and suspension

It's currently valued at $12,500.00, any suggestions on what to value it at now.

TIA

Larry


Larry,

I have my project car with no interior and a 383 engine insured for $15K. My main show car (you should have photos by now) is insured for $45k and I likely have more than that in it. The other two Meras are somewhere around $25k IIRC. BTW, there is not a lot of difference in $25 k versus $45k insurance cost.

Nelson

IP: Logged

Larryinkc
Member

Posts: 297
From: Kansas City, MO USA
Registered: Nov 2012


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the info and pics.

Currently mine is insured with American Modern, they don't use a certified appraisal, their procedure for valuation is fill out a spec sheet and photos with the desired value and their underwriters decide if they will accept the requested agreed value amount. I may have to shop around if they won't accept a decent increase. They have a 3000 mile use and my policy for $20,000 would be about $270.00 per year. I probably should insure it for at least $25,000.00.

 
quote
Originally posted by hnthomps:


Larry,

I have my project car with no interior and a 383 engine insured for $15K. My main show car (you should have photos by now) is insured for $45k and I likely have more than that in it. The other two Meras are somewhere around $25k IIRC. BTW, there is not a lot of difference in $25 k versus $45k insurance cost.

Nelson


IP: Logged

hnthomps
Member

Posts: 4887
From: Columbia, SC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Larryinkc:

Thanks for the info and pics.

Currently mine is insured with American Modern, they don't use a certified appraisal, their procedure for valuation is fill out a spec sheet and photos with the desired value and their underwriters decide if they will accept the requested agreed value amount. I may have to shop around if they won't accept a decent increase. They have a 3000 mile use and my policy for $20,000 would be about $270.00 per year. I probably should insure it for at least $25,000.00.



Try Grundy as a a Classic Car insurer (888 647 8639, www.grundy-phly.com). Their rates are similar or potentially less. I initially just sent them photos of the vehicles and provided a value that I wanted for each vehicle. Total insured value for my vehicles is around $100k and the yearly cost is right around $1k. Vehicles must be garage kept and you have to list other cars as daily driver but I do not remember any mileage restrictions associated with the policy.

Nelson

IP: Logged

Larryinkc
Member

Posts: 297
From: Kansas City, MO USA
Registered: Nov 2012


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I checked with Grundy and they would be a little less but their use restrictions won't work for me. I never get close to the 3,000 mile limit anyway and if I do I can always increase it, they have 6000 miles and unlimited also.

 
quote
Originally posted by hnthomps:


Try Grundy as a a Classic Car insurer (888 647 8639, www.grundy-phly.com). Their rates are similar or potentially less. I initially just sent them photos of the vehicles and provided a value that I wanted for each vehicle. Total insured value for my vehicles is around $100k and the yearly cost is right around $1k. Vehicles must be garage kept and you have to list other cars as daily driver but I do not remember any mileage restrictions associated with the policy.

Nelson


IP: Logged

VanGTP5000
Member

Posts: 221
From: Sunny South Florida, USA
Registered: Feb 2017


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Click Here to Email VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Larryinkc:

I checked with Grundy and they would be a little less but their use restrictions won't work for me. I never get close to the 3,000 mile limit anyway and if I do I can always increase it, they have 6000 miles and unlimited also.



They are flexible on their usage restrictions. I recommend speaking to them directly about your concerns. I switched from Hagerty to Grundy yesterday.

IP: Logged

Larryinkc
Member

Posts: 297
From: Kansas City, MO USA
Registered: Nov 2012


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did speak with them, they specifically said no errands, trips to the grocery store, bank etc. I like to drive to the grocery store on Sunday mornings for a paper and maybe pick up a couple of things. Once in a while on a nice day I like to drive it to get a haircut and maybe stop at the bank on the way home.
That doesn't work with Grundy.

 
quote
Originally posted by VanGTP5000:


They are flexible on their usage restrictions. I recommend speaking to them directly about your concerns. I switched from Hagerty to Grundy yesterday.


IP: Logged

hnthomps
Member

Posts: 4887
From: Columbia, SC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Larryinkc:

I did speak with them, they specifically said no errands, trips to the grocery store, bank etc. I like to drive to the grocery store on Sunday mornings for a paper and maybe pick up a couple of things. Once in a while on a nice day I like to drive it to get a haircut and maybe stop at the bank on the way home.
That doesn't work with Grundy.



There is always a 'test drive" to determine what the specific noise that you thought you heard turns out to be. That being said, if I have the car out for maintenance and need to stop elsewhere for a while on the way home, I just do it. Likewise, if I am on the way to a show or some car related function, I have no issues with stopping anywhere I need to on the way there or on the way home.

Nelson

IP: Logged

Rufus Rosh
Junior Member

Posts: 5
From: Southern Minnesota
Registered: Apr 2010


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2017 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rufus RoshSend a Private Message to Rufus RoshEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Rexgirl:

Gerald , #8094 is looking brilliant! The paint looks quite nice now; was it a lot of work? Any plans to swap in the Quad 4?


Rexgirl - thanks for the compliment, but low res pics are deceiving.
It still has the poor paint job it came with.
Planning for winter to strip and paint the original dark metalic grey.
So far I've just done basic mechanical work + wheels & tires.

I put an a HO Quad-4 in my 84 SE. still have it. Still love it.
If I do an engine swap in Mera 8094, it'll have at least 6 cylinders.

IP: Logged

Julian
Member

Posts: 496
From: Ontario, Canada
Registered: Nov 2000


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2017 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JulianClick Here to Email JulianSend a Private Message to JulianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Knock knock.... anyone recently update their radio in the Mera?

------------------
Julian - MERA #8071

IP: Logged

hnthomps
Member

Posts: 4887
From: Columbia, SC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2017 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Julian:

Knock knock.... anyone recently update their radio in the Mera?



I have updated three and am in the process of updating a fourth one. At last two of mine(both 88s) will have the single DIN pop up screen with Bluetooth and GPS plus a rear camera.

Drop me an email or PM if you want details.

Nelson

IP: Logged

TXOPIE
Member

Posts: 2721
From: Leonard, TX, USA
Registered: Mar 2012


Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2017 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageClick Here to Email TXOPIESend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Julian...I am about to upgrade the ReMera's radio to the following..but I have my G1 interior installed which allows for dual DIN:

Soundstream VRN DD7HB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJLM7yj_yTU

IP: Logged

VanGTP5000
Member

Posts: 221
From: Sunny South Florida, USA
Registered: Feb 2017


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Click Here to Email VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by hnthomps:


I have updated three and am in the process of updating a fourth one. At last two of mine(both 88s) will have the single DIN pop up screen with Bluetooth and GPS plus a rear camera.

Drop me an email or PM if you want details.

Nelson


Just curious to know what single din pop up screen unit you are using Nelson?

IP: Logged

hnthomps
Member

Posts: 4887
From: Columbia, SC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by VanGTP5000:


Just curious to know what single din pop up screen unit you are using Nelson?


I have a Kenwood7" pop up screen installed in an 88 Mera that is my prime show car. I will be happy to supply the model number if you wish, but it is several years old and likely no longer in production. The other 88 will get a Pyle pop up head unit and I should be ordering it this weekend. I also have a rear camera connected to the head unit and can use it as a rear view mirror during the day or night.







These are not the best photos but will give you an idea how the pop up screen looks in a modern Mera interior.

BTW, the Pyle head unit will go in a stock interior 88 Mera that I am restoring.

Nelson

IP: Logged

VanGTP5000
Member

Posts: 221
From: Sunny South Florida, USA
Registered: Feb 2017


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Click Here to Email VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is it the KVT-514?

IP: Logged

hnthomps
Member

Posts: 4887
From: Columbia, SC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2017 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by VanGTP5000:

Is it the KVT-514?


Yes it is and I added the NAV module (KNA G510) as well as a full time rear view camera.

Nelson

IP: Logged

VanGTP5000
Member

Posts: 221
From: Sunny South Florida, USA
Registered: Feb 2017


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2017 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Click Here to Email VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by hnthomps:


Yes it is and I added the NAV module (KNA G510) as well as a full time rear view camera.

Nelson

I have been planning on doing that as an additional rear view for years now in my Countach replica but never found a quality reasonably priced single din flip out screen.

IP: Logged

hnthomps
Member

Posts: 4887
From: Columbia, SC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2017 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by VanGTP5000:

I have been planning on doing that as an additional rear view for years now in my Countach replica but never found a quality reasonably priced single din flip out screen.


I have been very happy with this head unit and have had it for a number of years and more than 20,000 miles of use on the road. I plan to purchase a much less expensive Power Acoustik PDN-726B flip out screen and see how well this works in my project car. It has BT as well as a NAV system included plus a Fiero slot adapter and wiring harness for about $200. For this price it is not much of a risk to see how well it works.

Nelson

IP: Logged

VanGTP5000
Member

Posts: 221
From: Sunny South Florida, USA
Registered: Feb 2017


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2017 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Click Here to Email VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by hnthomps:


I have been very happy with this head unit and have had it for a number of years and more than 20,000 miles of use on the road. I plan to purchase a much less expensive Power Acoustik PDN-726B flip out screen and see how well this works in my project car. It has BT as well as a NAV system included plus a Fiero slot adapter and wiring harness for about $200. For this price it is not much of a risk to see how well it works.

Nelson


I checked out this unit and agree that it seems like a good buy for the price. However, I am an Apple user and it appears it is not compatible with IOS only Android.

IP: Logged

hnthomps
Member

Posts: 4887
From: Columbia, SC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2017 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by VanGTP5000:


I checked out this unit and agree that it seems like a good buy for the price. However, I am an Apple user and it appears it is not compatible with IOS only Android.


Talk a bit more about this incompatibility. I assumed that you could at least use the aux plug on the front to push music from the iPhone to the head unit even if the BT connection was not available. It will not be back in stock for about two weeks so that gives me some time to check the head unit out wrt specs.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 09-15-2017).]

IP: Logged

VanGTP5000
Member

Posts: 221
From: Sunny South Florida, USA
Registered: Feb 2017


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2017 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Click Here to Email VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by hnthomps:


Talk a bit more about this incompatibility. I assumed that you could at least use the aux plug on the front to push music from the iPhone to the head unit even if the BT connection was not available. It will not be back in stock for about two weeks so that gives me some time to check the head unit out wrt specs.

Nelson


True you probably can use aux in but a usb connection not only is better sound quality but also allows you to control the head unit from both the phone and the head unit itself. It would be tough for me personally to abandon my Alpine even though this unit has the flip out screen.

See 1:30 of this video...
https://www.youtube.com/wat...1i0&feature=youtu.be

-Van

IP: Logged

hnthomps
Member

Posts: 4887
From: Columbia, SC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2017 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by VanGTP5000:


I checked out this unit and agree that it seems like a good buy for the price. However, I am an Apple user and it appears it is not compatible with IOS only Android.


Customer Service/Sales at Sonic Electronics says it is compatible with the iPhone.

BTW, Pyle has a couple of integrated single DIN pop up screens (PLBT 73G is one of them and PLMV 71 may be another) with GPS that can be acquired for a similar price from a couple of sources. If I cannot get the first choice reasonably soon, I may go with one of them.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 09-19-2017).]

IP: Logged

VanGTP5000
Member

Posts: 221
From: Sunny South Florida, USA
Registered: Feb 2017


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2017 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Click Here to Email VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by hnthomps:


Customer Service/Sales at Sonic Electronics says it is compatible with the iPhone.

BTW, Pyle has a couple of integrated single DIN pop up screens (PLBT 73G is one of them and PLMV 71 may be another) with GPS that can be acquired for a similar price from a couple of sources. If I cannot get the first choice reasonably soon, I may go with one of them.

Nelson




I remember looking into Pyle single din units a few years back. Admittedly they where not the same model numbers you mentioned, but as I recall they had many bad reviews from buyers on Amazon. I realize that you can't put too much stock in the reviews there, but it was enough to scare me off. I don't know much about the Power Acoustik model you are looking at...

Van

IP: Logged

hnthomps
Member

Posts: 4887
From: Columbia, SC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2017 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by VanGTP5000:


I remember looking into Pyle single din units a few years back. Admittedly they where not the same model numbers you mentioned, but as I recall they had many bad reviews from buyers on Amazon. I realize that you can't put too much stock in the reviews there, but it was enough to scare me off. I don't know much about the Power Acoustik model you are looking at...

Van


I looked at the various ratings for the PLBT 73G at a couple of sites. People either love it or hate it and the results are very mixed. The average was around 3.5 out of 5 but many of the reviews indicated good long term service once you learned some setting methodology.

Nelson

IP: Logged

VanGTP5000
Member

Posts: 221
From: Sunny South Florida, USA
Registered: Feb 2017


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2017 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Click Here to Email VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by hnthomps:


I looked at the various ratings for the PLBT 73G at a couple of sites. People either love it or hate it and the results are very mixed. The average was around 3.5 out of 5 but many of the reviews indicated good long term service once you learned some setting methodology.

Nelson


Like you said earlier, it's not that big of an investment right? I just didn't like hearing things like screen going black or not powering on again after less than a year.

IP: Logged

batousai666
Member

Posts: 4163
From: MI usa
Registered: Jun 2009


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2017 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh man its sooo good to have the Mera back

just in time for this dream photo!!
Porsche' Lambo and a McLaren just show out of nowhere! made my whole week.



plus its fun just driving around snappin shots where ever as well! always starts in the yard.



out in the wild, again!





then back at home with his bigger brother!!! Black Dynamite II! \m/


[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 09-20-2017).]

IP: Logged

solotwo
Member

Posts: 5184
From: Grand Rapids, MI. USA
Registered: Jun 2002


Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2017 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lookin good

IP: Logged

batousai666
Member

Posts: 4163
From: MI usa
Registered: Jun 2009


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2017 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by solotwo:

Lookin good


feeling good!!

IP: Logged

Julian
Member

Posts: 496
From: Ontario, Canada
Registered: Nov 2000


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2017 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JulianClick Here to Email JulianSend a Private Message to JulianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Van & Nelson, thank you for the audio information. Nelson, long time no see.... Van hello for the first time I'm Julian or Mera 8071.
I was not thinking of doing a flip up screen but wow does it ever look great. I'll start researching prices next. I plan on replacing all 4 speakers and will use the factory under dash sub. Do you recommend any type of amp? I don't need to blow the doors off but my exhaust has a sweet rumble that I may need to up the volume.

So let me get this straight... the standard 1988 dash is 1.5 din? Does the flip up screen have enough room to eject when the automatic transmission is in "park"? I really like the idea of having nav, touch screen, BT, rear view cam and videos. Funny thing I was just looking for a normal 1.5 din head unit that was loud. You guys opened up a whole new ball game. Send some links and keep the info coming. I thought stock Fiero's are limited in the depth for radio units.

Also can someone remind me how to post a picture? I been away about 3 years.

------------------
Julian - MERA #8071

[This message has been edited by Julian (edited 09-26-2017).]

IP: Logged

VanGTP5000
Member

Posts: 221
From: Sunny South Florida, USA
Registered: Feb 2017


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2017 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Click Here to Email VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Julian:
Does the flip up screen have enough room to eject when the automatic transmission is in "park"?

Also can someone remind me how to post a picture? I been away about 3 years.


Hey there Julian (Mera 8071),

That is a good question. I never concerned myself with it because I am pretty certain the screen will eject when the car is in Drive with the stock console configuration. My plan was to use the screen as a full time rear view mirror because of the low visibility out of the rear view of my car. Control would be from the front face plate of the unit when the car was in park with the screen hidden. For screen up/open while in park, Nelson would have to weigh in with a clearance dimension for the units he has mentioned.

This link will help you to post pics. Just follow the directions.
http://pip.pennock.nl/manual.html

IP: Logged

hnthomps
Member

Posts: 4887
From: Columbia, SC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2017 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Julian:

Van & Nelson, thank you for the audio information. Nelson, long time no see.... Van hello for the first time I'm Julian or Mera 8071.
I was not thinking of doing a flip up screen but wow does it ever look great. I'll start researching prices next. I plan on replacing all 4 speakers and will use the factory under dash sub. Do you recommend any type of amp? I don't need to blow the doors off but my exhaust has a sweet rumble that I may need to up the volume.

So let me get this straight... the standard 1988 dash is 1.5 din? Does the flip up screen have enough room to eject when the automatic transmission is in "park"? I really like the idea of having nav, touch screen, BT, rear view cam and videos. Funny thing I was just looking for a normal 1.5 din head unit that was loud. You guys opened up a whole new ball game. Send some links and keep the info coming. I thought stock Fiero's are limited in the depth for radio units.

Also can someone remind me how to post a picture? I been away about 3 years.


Julian.

All of my Meras use a standard transmission so I cannot provide any clearance information wrt ejecting a CD with an automatic transmission. WRT the photo posting, take a look at the red/blue PIP rectangle at the bottom of the PFF page. Remember there is a limit on size for photos that can be posted so I typically resize using Light Image 4 or 5 but there are a number of programs that can do this.

Nelson

IP: Logged

Larryinkc
Member

Posts: 297
From: Kansas City, MO USA
Registered: Nov 2012


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2017 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Headlights and Coolant Temperature

I drove my Mera at highway speeds at night for the first time a few months ago and the coolant temp ran about 10 degrees warmer than the 185 degrees I normally see.

Thinking that the thermostat was failing I changed it and saw normal coolant temperature until this weekend when driving at night again at highway speeds, same 10 degrees above normal.

The next day I unplugged the headlight bulbs and experimented with the headlights during the day at highway speeds. At 70 MPH cruise temp was normal,
I turned the headlights on and the coolant temperature slowly climbed about 10 degrees, when I lowered the headlights the temperature slowly went back to normal temperature.
I think the headlights must be affecting the airflow behind the radiator causing the higher temperature.

I was driving with some other Fieros and they see the same temps with headlights in either position.

Has anyone else experienced this?

IP: Logged

batousai666
Member

Posts: 4163
From: MI usa
Registered: Jun 2009


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2017 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

only issues I ever had with wind under headlight covers are at 120 mph and higher.......D'Oh! they pop up with no warning.
maybe at higher speeds winds get diverted differently. you got a good lower aero-dam....skirt thingy?? mine is ripped. i run 197*
when leaning on it but also have a 3800 SC swap.......i bet these are related concerning under hood pressures and movement of hot air

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 10-15-2017).]

IP: Logged

solotwo
Member

Posts: 5184
From: Grand Rapids, MI. USA
Registered: Jun 2002


Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2017 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow awesome picture

IP: Logged

batousai666
Member

Posts: 4163
From: MI usa
Registered: Jun 2009


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2017 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wonder what i should do with these, eh?? hummmmm.....


off an F40 Kit......sooooo deep them rears are

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 10-15-2017).]

IP: Logged

reholmes
Member

Posts: 904
From: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Registered: Jul 2001


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2017 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesClick Here to Email reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyone know this car? Looks pretty nice--so is the price! https://www.ebay.com/itm/18...410802?ul_noapp=true

------------------


Dick
Mera #8046 (Miss January, Mile High Fieros 2014 calendar)
1987 GT T-boned (RIP)
1988 GT T-Top (The Fiero Store Calendar: Miss February 2012)
1987 McBurnie Daytona Spyder

IP: Logged

hnthomps
Member

Posts: 4887
From: Columbia, SC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2017 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice looking car in most respects. The front bumper is a Rodney Dickman Euro bumper, the mirrors are not stock (along with the controller), and the engine needs some paint in a few locations. There are some nonstock items/changrs in the interior, but if you got rid of all the F car stuff, it would be a decent vehicle (IMHO). I did not look closely but saw two types of wheels so maybe this car comes with Chromadoras and one other wheel set. The $25 k asking price is more than a bit high in my opinion, but I hope the owner gets his/her desired price. If he/she does it might up the value of my cars!

10/21/17

The bidding on this vehicle is absolutely crazy and is now up to $21,000. I do see the same bidder pushing the price up from almost the start so I have some questions as to the legitimacy of this sale. It has met the reserve price so I guess that we will see if it is real or not.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 10-21-2017).]

IP: Logged

Larryinkc
Member

Posts: 297
From: Kansas City, MO USA
Registered: Nov 2012


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here are a couple of Pics of Kent Dellenbusch's Mera if you haven't seen them in the Mera rims thread.

It looks great, I like the front and rear bumpers.














IP: Logged

bjc 350
Member

Posts: 731
From: Astoria
Registered: Oct 2005


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pretty sure many of you have been following or bidding on this one. Nice sale, but now I'll never be able to afford one!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/19...p2060353.m1438.l2649

IP: Logged

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 167 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay



Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock