Click here to visit the donation page | View all sponsors
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  A Real Mera in Paradise (Page 121)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 167 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
A Real Mera in Paradise by Fiero-in-Paradise
Started on: 08-18-2009 04:06 AM
Replies: 6663 (157979 views)
Last post by: Rn2016 on 11-22-2017 09:05 AM
johnyrottin
Member

Posts: 5090
From: Illinoisistan
Registered: Oct 2007


Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2012 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinClick Here to Email johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am looking in to having MERA floor mats made. There is a $100 art fee for the setup of the MERA Double M emblem and the mats are about $125 per pair. Anyone interested? I was figuring on black, gray, and saddle/beechwood.

IP: Logged

Fieromaineac
Member

Posts: 220
From: Kittery, Maine USA
Registered: Jun 2003


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2012 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacClick Here to Email FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by reholmes:

The Mainer lives! Did you ever sell your other Fieros?



I've never been so busy until I retired ........

Sold the two 88 GT's, one red with tan interior and sunroof and other was a loaded white with gray leather and T-top.

Still have Mera 8151 and the other 88 red with tan interior and T-top. Would like to swap the roofs but my buddy got married and now has a little one on the way. Good for him but bad for me. No buddy's garage and helping hand for the T-top conversion !

IP: Logged

johnyrottin
Member

Posts: 5090
From: Illinoisistan
Registered: Oct 2007


Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinClick Here to Email johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MERA 8088 checking in .... now in Scott AFB, Illinois. Ran perfectly all the way from FL to Scott!!!!

IP: Logged

Rick 88
Member

Posts: 3914
From: El Paso, TX.
Registered: Aug 2001


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I am looking in to having MERA floor mats made. There is a $100 art fee for the setup of the MERA Double M emblem and the mats are about $125 per pair. Anyone interested? I was figuring on black, gray, and saddle/beechwood.



Are these LLoyds Mats? I purchased some for our Vette and they were expensive, but high quality. I know we are not a big group, but how about a "Group Buy"? I would need 88 Beechwood's.

IP: Logged

batousai666
Member

Posts: 4163
From: MI usa
Registered: Jun 2009


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by johnyrottin:

MERA 8088 checking in .... now in Scott AFB, Illinois. Ran perfectly all the way from FL to Scott!!!!


getyasum!!
good to hear you made the best choice in what Fiero to bring

Mera Mats?? heck yeah "Corporate Concepts" at the bottom and Mera #7002 at the top
thats a great idea.....i dislike mats for the cluttering/crowding of the gas pedal ......passenger side i guess.
wonder how much for just one?? i will just paint stencile one...like the hillbilly i am. UHHUH!!!

sea to shining sea, boys.....well one sea maybe
have been puttin in the time for some dime and its starting to add up. yee haw!!! we gone......

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-07-2012).]

IP: Logged

johnyrottin
Member

Posts: 5090
From: Illinoisistan
Registered: Oct 2007


Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinClick Here to Email johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am looking into Lloyd and others. The Lloyds will be a bit more expensive. My plan was to have the double M emblem along with MERA below it...just like on the badges. Beechwood, gray and black in color. Beechwood and gray would have black lettering and black would have gray lettering. There is a $100 art setup fee so that will be split amoungst the group.

IP: Logged

johnyrottin
Member

Posts: 5090
From: Illinoisistan
Registered: Oct 2007


Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinClick Here to Email johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just caught these two items on ebay this morning...

GTS badge for rear:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...em4ab5fffb66&vxp=mtr

MERA letters...not perfect but if someone needs them:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...em4ab5fffe72&vxp=mtr

I have a modeler starting to work on MERA letters. I will be having him do fine detail letters out of originals. Then he will cast moldings of them so we can get perfect letters anytime we want!

IP: Logged

johnyrottin
Member

Posts: 5090
From: Illinoisistan
Registered: Oct 2007


Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinClick Here to Email johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyone know who sold/bought this car???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzTMoiEZCHo

It has tons of odds and ends that went with it.

IP: Logged

reholmes
Member

Posts: 904
From: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Registered: Jul 2001


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesClick Here to Email reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Fieromaineac:
Sold the two 88 GT's, one red with tan interior and sunroof and other was a loaded white with gray leather and T-top.

Still have Mera 8151 and the other 88 red with tan interior and T-top. Would like to swap the roofs but my buddy got married and now has a little one on the way. Good for him but bad for me. No buddy's garage and helping hand for the T-top conversion !


Were/are all your T-Tops RPO coded?

------------------


Dick
Mera #8046
1987 GT T-boned (RIP)
1988 GT T-Top

IP: Logged

johnyrottin
Member

Posts: 5090
From: Illinoisistan
Registered: Oct 2007


Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinClick Here to Email johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some MERA questions:

How do you get the Ferarri Badge off the front?

What size/brand tires are you running on your stock (Fiero ro Chromadora) rims?

Also, I am sending the first set of GRAND AM S/E (with an extra AM) letter sets to Bosco's Garage model makers today for professional seperation to make MERA letters. I'll let you all know how that works out.

http://boscosgarage.com/

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 04-10-2012).]

IP: Logged

Fieromaineac
Member

Posts: 220
From: Kittery, Maine USA
Registered: Jun 2003


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacClick Here to Email FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by reholmes:


Were/are all your T-Tops RPO coded?


Yes they are, but Mera 8151 won't be .........

Karl up the street, who was going to help me swap the roofs, has T-top Mera 8141 and it is RPO coded !!

IP: Logged

batousai666
Member

Posts: 4163
From: MI usa
Registered: Jun 2009


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Some MERA questions:

How do you get the Ferarri Badge off the front?

now that i can help with
mine had 2 nuts on threaded studs........ accessed the nuts by taking off the 2 slat radiator grille


getyousum!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-10-2012).]

IP: Logged

johnyrottin
Member

Posts: 5090
From: Illinoisistan
Registered: Oct 2007


Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinClick Here to Email johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ahhhh through the grill. I can give that a go!

IP: Logged

reholmes
Member

Posts: 904
From: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Registered: Jul 2001


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesClick Here to Email reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Fieromaineac:


Yes they are, but Mera 8151 won't be .........

Karl up the street, who was going to help me swap the roofs, has T-top Mera 8141 and it is RPO coded !!


I have heard that all kits were Cars and Concepts kits. I have also heard that RPO kits had different seals--go figger.

------------------


Dick
Mera #8046
1987 GT T-boned (RIP)
1988 GT T-Top

IP: Logged

johnyrottin
Member

Posts: 5090
From: Illinoisistan
Registered: Oct 2007


Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinClick Here to Email johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Attention MERA owners: I am still talking with the Floor Mat Guys about MERA floor mats in Beechwood, Gray, and Black. Lloyds has infringement concerns and asked for a $500 art fee. The Floor Mat Guys are willing to take on the job with an offer of their 28oz stain resistant mat. As of right now they have offered a $100 setup fee and an embroidered "Double M" logo. The price is $135 for stain resistant. I am focusing on the stain resisitant types. Minimum order will be 10 sets of any color. Remember, 10 is only the minimum order number.

The real question is who wants them? I am in for stain resistant beechwood. So, the order would be:

1) Johnyrottin 1 set Beechwood
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 04-11-2012).]

IP: Logged

Fieromaineac
Member

Posts: 220
From: Kittery, Maine USA
Registered: Jun 2003


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2012 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacClick Here to Email FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by reholmes:


I have heard that all kits were Cars and Concepts kits. I have also heard that RPO kits had different seals--go figger.



Tim Perrigo up here in Maine also of www.fieroparts.com bought out Cars & Concepts and all the remaining T-tops and parts. He still does T-top conversions. His ex-partner Ray Paulk, www.fierottop.com still runs the T-top registry. As a factory order from the dealer, your Fiero got the famous "CJB" RPO code. These T-tops were not kits, but rather factory options installed by C&C before the car was shipped to the dealership. Some Fiero owners brought their cars to C&C for T-top conversions. After C&C's demise people came to Tim Perrigo. These cars do not have the "CJB" code. It's these later cars that have different seals because the back stock from C&C ran out. At one time you could purchase a complete T-top "kit" from Perrigo.

IP: Logged

hnthomps
Member

Posts: 4887
From: Columbia, SC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2012 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My original Mera front deck lid emblem was attached with some sort of adhesive/tape and it was cut loose by using dental floss as a saw under the emblem. BTW, both original Mera front hood emblems used the same attachment method. No bolts were used on either of mine.

Nelson

IP: Logged

Wayne Wm. Peterson
Member

Posts: 378
From: Muskego, Wi, USA
Registered: Dec 2010


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2012 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Help me decide guy's:
I have got the itch to chop the top on my Mera, not a "true" rag top, more like the real 308's, with a Targa (lift out) top. Mostly, I think it would be more fun, and also a bit more 308ish.
I know the problems of adding strength to the bottom to make up for the lost rigidness of the top, but this must be doable. Of course as with all "wish lists" there is the question of cost, and who is qualified to do the operation? I can remember when I had T-Tops put in my 74 Z28, and every time I jacked it up, the space between the tops would expanded, that was not a very good job, and I think it ran a grand in 1974 monies. So am I nuts to devalue my nice mint Mera with a Targa, or not.

IP: Logged

johnyrottin
Member

Posts: 5090
From: Illinoisistan
Registered: Oct 2007


Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2012 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinClick Here to Email johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wayne, Are you planning on selling it? If it for you to enjoy and you want it with a targa or TTop then by all means go for it! The only reason to be worrying about its originality is if the value base is your decision point. If that is it I can't be sure these will drastically go up in value so again I say go for it! I happen to like original cars hence all mine staying original. Than being said, if I found one highly modified (ie my choptop) I wouldn't worry about doing things to it. Enjoy your MERA as you want to enjoy your MERA!!!!

IP: Logged

steve308
Member

Posts: 3078
From: Stafford VA
Registered: Jan 2008


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2012 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000006.html

Hope I copieed the link correctly ---- a great build by doc john --- worth the read and it will show you how to do it right!

IP: Logged

batousai666
Member

Posts: 4163
From: MI usa
Registered: Jun 2009


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2012 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Wayne Wm. Peterson:

Help me decide guy's:
I have got the itch to chop the top on my Mera, not a "true" rag top, more like the real 308's, with a Targa (lift out) top. Mostly, I think it would be more fun, and also a bit more 308ish.
I know the problems of adding strength to the bottom to make up for the lost rigidness of the top, but this must be doable. Of course as with all "wish lists" there is the question of cost, and who is qualified to do the operation? I can remember when I had T-Tops put in my 74 Z28, and every time I jacked it up, the space between the tops would expanded, that was not a very good job, and I think it ran a grand in 1974 monies. So am I nuts to devalue my nice mint Mera with a Targa, or not.



heres another take on it, tooo. for reference

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083063.html

Man!!! all the crap i go thru with putting a 3800 Sc in Mera X and you want to cut the roof off??!!
as Johny said....if you dont plan on selling it as a Mera to someone.....GO FOR IT!!!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-11-2012).]

IP: Logged

Rick 88
Member

Posts: 3914
From: El Paso, TX.
Registered: Aug 2001


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Wayne Wm. Peterson:

Help me decide guy's:
I have got the itch to chop the top on my Mera, not a "true" rag top, more like the real 308's, with a Targa (lift out) top. Mostly, I think it would be more fun, and also a bit more 308ish.
I know the problems of adding strength to the bottom to make up for the lost rigidness of the top, but this must be doable. Of course as with all "wish lists" there is the question of cost, and who is qualified to do the operation? So am I nuts to devalue my nice mint Mera with a Targa, or not.


Wayne, If you are planning to keep the car chop away. Would I buy it from you if you did cut the roof? No. I have driven a number of CJB T-top Fiero's and they are not as rigid, or quiet, as a solid, or factory sunroof car.

Years ago when I ordered my new GTA, I deliberately ordered a solid roof car because all the complaints I had heard about factory T-Tops. I was happy I did as my car stayed much tighter and rattle free than the same car with T- Tops as the years went by.

I am sure with proper frame reinforcement, a targa roof could be done. However, you will still have to deal with more wind noise and possible water leakage. If you have to have a hole in the roof, you could swap your roof panel to a factory sunroof piece. I am happy with this combination in my Mera. I don't really remove it here due to the heat, and It always has the factory matching headliner block off in place. Come to think of it.....wanna trade? Mines a 5-speed GT too. No wait a minute.....I installed a 3.4 in mine....we would have to discuss this some more.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 04-12-2012).]

IP: Logged

reholmes
Member

Posts: 904
From: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Registered: Jul 2001


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesClick Here to Email reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Guess I would have to agree with Rick, at least for convenience, the factory flip top is my choice--though I really don't notice the lack of rigidity in the Cars and Concepts top. As for water leaks--what's that? Regarding the solid top--so you got a GTB.

I wouldn't cut. If you want an open top, go find one of those really pretty 355 Spyder conversions.

------------------


Dick
Mera #8046
1987 GT T-boned (RIP)
1988 GT T-Top

IP: Logged

reholmes
Member

Posts: 904
From: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Registered: Jul 2001


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesClick Here to Email reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Fieromaineac:


Tim Perrigo up here in Maine also of www.fieroparts.com bought out Cars & Concepts and all the remaining T-tops and parts. He still does T-top conversions. His ex-partner Ray Paulk, www.fierottop.com still runs the T-top registry. As a factory order from the dealer, your Fiero got the famous "CJB" RPO code. These T-tops were not kits, but rather factory options installed by C&C before the car was shipped to the dealership. Some Fiero owners brought their cars to C&C for T-top conversions. After C&C's demise people came to Tim Perrigo. These cars do not have the "CJB" code. It's these later cars that have different seals because the back stock from C&C ran out. At one time you could purchase a complete T-top "kit" from Perrigo.


Great history--thanks

IP: Logged

johnyrottin
Member

Posts: 5090
From: Illinoisistan
Registered: Oct 2007


Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinClick Here to Email johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The mats will be exactly as in pictures with the exception that the Double M logo will be embroidered and 5-5.5 inches instead of stenciled on.

IP: Logged

johnyrottin
Member

Posts: 5090
From: Illinoisistan
Registered: Oct 2007


Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinClick Here to Email johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does anyone remember the screen name of Richie Rich? I cant seem to find him using searches.

IP: Logged

Fieromaineac
Member

Posts: 220
From: Kittery, Maine USA
Registered: Jun 2003


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacClick Here to Email FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Rick 88:


Wayne, If you are planning to keep the car chop away. Would I buy it from you if you did cut the roof? No. I have driven a number of CJB T-top Fiero's and they are not as rigid, or quiet, as a solid, or factory sunroof car.

Years ago when I ordered my new GTA, I deliberately ordered a solid roof car because all the complaints I had heard about factory T-Tops. I was happy I did as my car stayed much tighter and rattle free than the same car with T- Tops as the years went by.

I am sure with proper frame reinforcement, a targa roof could be done. However, you will still have to deal with more wind noise and possible water leakage. If you have to have a hole in the roof, you could swap your roof panel to a factory sunroof piece. I am happy with this combination in my Mera. I don't really remove it here due to the heat, and It always has the factory matching headliner block off in place. Come to think of it.....wanna trade? Mines a 5-speed GT too. No wait a minute.....I installed a 3.4 in mine....we would have to discuss this some more.



Rick is right. If you look at the "H" bar install on the T-top, it is "POP RIVETED" on !!! It flexes, squeaks etc. Much more work, but much better to weld the “H” bar in. My two cents for what it is worth.

IP: Logged

batousai666
Member

Posts: 4163
From: MI usa
Registered: Jun 2009


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Does anyone remember the screen name of Richie Rich? I cant seem to find him using searches.


i got a email address of his.....if its still good. you want it??
i'll PM it to ya, right now............

*EDIT* you have a PM, sir

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-13-2012).]

IP: Logged

Wayne Wm. Peterson
Member

Posts: 378
From: Muskego, Wi, USA
Registered: Dec 2010


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks guys, I know your right. I think my big problem is I have Spring Fever: I am getting bored with the car, and am looking around for a new thrill (that's why I have owned 100cars so far!) I am one sick puppy I even went out and bought a new bike, a 2000 HD Springer Softail, but it's been too cold & wet to ride it. I don't dare buy another car (that would make 4) because I know my wife would kill me, and rightly so. That leaves doing "something" to one of the cars to keep my interest alive. The roof looked like a good idea until I noticed in the first build thread he only gained maybe 6 inches all around (over stock sun roof, which I do have) also there's the hassle of storing the thing, i'm too lazy to take my sunroof out!
Maybe a new engine, something with more bark & bite? OR...I could get rid of one of the other cars.....the 300SE for a 500SL,....the truck for a Jeep......my wife for a SI swimsuit model?

I have some thinking to do.

IP: Logged

Rick 88
Member

Posts: 3914
From: El Paso, TX.
Registered: Aug 2001


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Wayne Wm. Peterson:

Thanks guys, I know your right. I think my big problem is I have Spring Fever: I am getting bored with the car, and am looking around for a new thrill (that's why I have owned 100cars so far!) I am one sick puppy I even went out and bought a new bike, a 2000 HD Springer Softail, but it's been too cold & wet to ride it. I don't dare buy another car (that would make 4) because I know my wife would kill me, and rightly so. That leaves doing "something" to one of the cars to keep my interest alive. The roof looked like a good idea until I noticed in the first build thread he only gained maybe 6 inches all around (over stock sun roof, which I do have) also there's the hassle of storing the thing, i'm too lazy to take my sunroof out!
Maybe a new engine, something with more bark & bite? OR...I could get rid of one of the other cars.....the 300SE for a 500SL,....the truck for a Jeep......my wife for a SI swimsuit model?

I have some thinking to do.


Wayne, I was less than impressed with the stock 2.8 5-speed in my Mera. The additional weight of the body work took the edge off the performance compared to my stock 88 GT. It would clean the Mera's clock. After installing my mildly modded 3.4, the Mera is now noticeably quicker than the 88 GT and is much more fun to drive. If you drove mine, I know you would like it. I have a friend that had a 3800 SC auto, and another Fiero owner that has a 4.9 V8 auto. Both were amazed at how well my car pulls. Plus, it still has that Italian sounding 60 degree V6 exahust note.....just a little louder.

I actually like the truck for the jeep idea! I would not recommend the wife for the SI swimsuit model. The latter tend to be high maintenance, and expensive to operate!

IP: Logged

johnyrottin
Member

Posts: 5090
From: Illinoisistan
Registered: Oct 2007


Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinClick Here to Email johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by batousai666:


i got a email address of his.....if its still good. you want it??
i'll PM it to ya, right now............

*EDIT* you have a PM, sir



I have his email....was just looking for his screen name to search for old posts.

IP: Logged

reholmes
Member

Posts: 904
From: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Registered: Jul 2001


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesClick Here to Email reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by Rick 88:


Wayne, I was less than impressed with the stock 2.8 5-speed in my Mera. The additional weight of the body work took the edge off the performance compared to my stock 88 GT. It would clean the Mera's clock. After installing my mildly modded 3.4, the Mera is now noticeably quicker than the 88 GT and is much more fun to drive. If you drove mine, I know you would like it. I have a friend that had a 3800 SC auto, and another Fiero owner that has a 4.9 V8 auto. Both were amazed at how well my car pulls. Plus, it still has that Italian sounding 60 degree V6 exahust note.....just a little louder.

I actually like the truck for the jeep idea! I would not recommend the wife for the SI swimsuit model. The latter tend to be high maintenance, and expensive to operate!


Yeah, the stock 88GT is really much quicker than the Mera--so was the 87GT.

Did your friends have the swaps done locally? I may have some testing to do at Kirtland AFB in ABQ, I could drive down and see the "Mal Paso Scuderia"

Dick

[This message has been edited by reholmes (edited 04-14-2012).]

IP: Logged

Rick 88
Member

Posts: 3914
From: El Paso, TX.
Registered: Aug 2001


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.../cto/2886761699.html

How about this one?

IP: Logged

Rick 88
Member

Posts: 3914
From: El Paso, TX.
Registered: Aug 2001


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by reholmes:


Yeah, the stock 88GT is really much quicker than the Mera--so was the 87GT.

Did your friends have the swaps done locally? I may have some testing to do at Kirtland AFB in ABQ, I could drive down and see the "Mal Paso Scuderia"

Dick



Dick, we did all the swaps ourselves. Unfortunately the Fiero Lunch Bunch is getting smaller. Katatak sold all his Fiero's and is having to move with his job. Another owner threw his SC3800 on ebay thinking it would not meet the reserve. Well it's gone too and he misses it. We are now a group of three. A low mile 86 GT auto, an 88 Formula auto finishing a 3.4 swap, and my car. There is also an original owner of an 87 Mera here in town. He is getting up in years and does not get toghether with us.

IP: Logged

reholmes
Member

Posts: 904
From: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Registered: Jul 2001


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesClick Here to Email reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kinda sad, but I think that's a general condition. I'll let you know how the ABQ thing goes anyway

IP: Logged

batousai666
Member

Posts: 4163
From: MI usa
Registered: Jun 2009


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post


i wanna drive.....

IP: Logged

Rick 88
Member

Posts: 3914
From: El Paso, TX.
Registered: Aug 2001


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by reholmes:

Kinda sad, but I think that's a general condition. I'll let you know how the ABQ thing goes anyway


I get up to ABQ from time to time. It's still about a 4 hour drive from here if you don't stop along the way. I tend to stop and eat at Sparky's in Hatch NM. This place was on Guy Fieri's "Diners, Drive Inn's and Dive's". Great food, and live music on the weekends. http://sparkysburgers.com/

IP: Logged

reholmes
Member

Posts: 904
From: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Registered: Jul 2001


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesClick Here to Email reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks good, but can it rival the Owl Cafe's green chile cheeseburgers? OTOH, Hatch is the very center of the universe!

IP: Logged

Rick 88
Member

Posts: 3914
From: El Paso, TX.
Registered: Aug 2001


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

 
quote
Originally posted by reholmes:

Looks good, but can it rival the Owl Cafe's green chile cheeseburgers? OTOH, Hatch is the very center of the universe!


Where is the Owl Cafe? My wife and I love finding offbeat places to eat. There are some great little restaurants in Truth or Consequences New Mexico too. We go there and stay at the Blackstone Inn. http://www.blackstonehotsprings.com/ The "Jetson's" room is our favorite. Soaking in the natural hotspring tub in your room can be beat.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 04-16-2012).]

IP: Logged

reholmes
Member

Posts: 904
From: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Registered: Jul 2001


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesClick Here to Email reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are several now, mainly around Albuquerque, but I think the original was in the little pueblo of San Antonio just up the river from T or C. There's a big new one at Lomas and Eubank. Maybe when you get too big the quality suffers--certainly the mystique is less. Ever try the K&I Diner, or Sadie's?

IP: Logged

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 167 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay



Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock