Got it back from the shop this morning. Drove it to work just now. I'm so gun-shy about breakdowns now that I leave the radio off and constantly listen and feel through the steering wheel & drivers seat for anything going wrong. It's just a matter of time.
What a huge difference these make compared to the old 194 bulbs. I still have one rear marker light to do but thought I would share. I did a small write on how it was done if you care to check it out. http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/082794.html
Looked at my clutch system some more today, trying to figure out what's wrong. The banjo seems to be straight. The boot around the master doesn't seem to be leaking. The boot is dry, the carpet is dry, the insulation is dry, the firewall is dry. And I don't think the boot around the slave is leaking. Hard to tell as it is, but I don't seem to have lost any fluid or pressure over the past few days, though the pressure is obviously low in the system, and the slave doesn't have full extension, as it should. So I can't actually drive the car, but can't see anything obviously wrong in the hydraulic system, though it's obviously something wrong in the hydraulic system. :-/
After my road trip from Florida to St. Charles, IL, Warwick, RI, Holly Springs, NC and back to Florida, I changed the oil, filter and greased the rear fittings. I removed the rear wheels and power washed them to clean the crud. I would have done the front wheels, but the rains came and I was outside and got drenched. There is always tomorrow. Then I can spray the squeaky poly bushings and power wash the front wheels.
i recieved my tensioner from dodgerunner. everyone should have one on there car, works great. without this forum i would have never known about the real fix for the fan belt problem. no more floping around belt.
today nothing, over the last week, installed all the loose parts that have been cluttering up the garage for the last few monthes (door panels, door handle, head liner, wheel liners), installed lift support for decklid, refabricated throttle linkage for DOHC swap, sanded and repainted several spots that i missed from previous paint mishap, installed short shifter. Sorted through all the extra parts that i no longer need or want (these will wind up in the mall, most for free), removed headliner because it started to sag again (will order plastic one) am done with reglueing. took today off to rest and enjoy the last day of vacation.
got the timing cover off took the old timing chain off and put on the new one and picked up some parts. tomorrow the rest should be back on and i can get it timed right and hopefully it will run better then ever.
got everything back together and started it and it ran a little bit better but still like crap. it was also backfiring out of somewhere on the head and shooting flames out so im just hoping its not the gasket or a cracked head and just something to do with the spark plug. tomorrow im gonna take it around the block for the hell of it then pull the spark plugs on that head and if the spark plugs aren't damaged or loose then ill see if i can see anything wrong with the head.
Did not work on a Fiero per se - but I did start digging through and organizing all the spare Fiero parts I have in my shop. I got a lot of Fiero crap! Some is junk that I will haul off, some I'll keep and the rest I'll post up in the Mall - when I get it all straightened out.
Was on my way to a doctor appointment this morning, and the right side brakes were seizing up. I barely made it to my appointment. When I was done, I drove it straight to my trusty mechanics. Took their loaner car to get home.
My wife & I decided we can't depend on this car to get us to the Silver Springs event, so we're going in her Honda.
It will soon be in the Mall section. I simply can't keep up with two high-mileage vehicles (the other is the 2001 Dakota I inherited from my dad).
[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 09-28-2010).]