Didn't do any actual work on my Fiero today, but I did finally take it on its first big trip since buying it and putting it together. Where did I go? Grocery shopping haha! It drove great and I can't wait to get it running better!
I got it into the cruise at Coeur d' Alene which is limited to 72 cars and older. I lied and told them that under my murcielago body was a 72 Pontiac. It is actually an 87 Pontiac. It was by far the crowd favorite and there were some awesome cars there.
Today we had to sorta weld the exhaust cause you know, it kinda detached a bit.... again. We are waiting for them to pull a clean one off at a junkyard nearby, but we've still gotta get a new cat. In the meantime I will still be making noise and backfiring a bit, although I kinda enjoy the obnoxiousness and may miss it a bit. :P
Also took my nephew for ice cream and cleaned out the trunk... I suppose that's important too.
went to mount the poly dogbone i bought in the mall. It's 1/2-3/4" shorter than mine so it will not fit. So i cut worn bushings out of the old bone only to realize the poly bushing about about 1/2" to deep. Been a wonderful fathers day so far.
**update** took the poly bushings to the bandsaw and cut them down to fit. However the diameter of the bushings is slightly smaller than that of the dogbone. I just cant win. lol I slapped them in and cranked them down anyhow.
[This message has been edited by Darksyde (edited 06-19-2011).]
the car came to Lithuania from germany, I had porsche 924 but always dream about mid engine car, so when found fiero, just bought it (then I was only 16 years old), and now are about six years, when I have it... All body kit I made myself from scratch. I swap V8 chevy engine in it too (all parts I made myself, because in Lithuania not V8 instalation kit). Thereare some pic from work: http://www.oldschoolauto.lt...topic.php?f=3&t=1526
I have the Fieros stuffed into the garage. Room for four cars in a three car garage. It was cool enough this morning (low 80s) to move the 87 on the wheel dollies into position once I got the wheels rotated on the dollies.
I pulled my cradle to replace the clutch, cleaned the transmission, primed it, chroming it, cleaned the engine, flat black bombing it, repainted the upper intake and the valve covers. Hopefully goes back into the car tomorrow night and I can tackle my fog lights and side signals. Also ripped out all the old fiberglass insulation and replaced it with some nice new 1/3 the thickness insulation, replaced the engine ground with a nice fat braided stainless steel one and also installed a new hood strut. Looks great btw. I also redid the whole wiring harness and rewrapped it. deleted my egr (still have to cut the vavle out of the exhaust system) and that's it.. Not bad for 2 days I'll post some pictures tomorrow. Next on the list is some body work. During the cradle removal I forgot one of the jack stands too close to the car and it rolled back and landed the rocker panel onto the jack and kicked a big piece out...yay.. sanding, fiberglass, more sanding and then paint. yipee..
Dropped the tank and replaced the fuel pump...what a pain!
Added some exhaust shielding while I was under there. Now I can get to tearing the old duke down AGAIN to see if I have a cracked head or a bad gasket. Pray with me that it is just the gasket...please just the gasket.....