Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! by PURPLE REIGN
Started on: 10-30-2006 02:46 AM
Replies: 696 (49043 views)
Last post by: Twoolz on 05-07-2017 11:47 AM
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since I haven't been on the forum lately due to the shop re-opening and moving the famliy to a different end of town ( taking 4 years due to the City )

we will continue off the lost thread of 3800 parts for sale, I have been concentrating hard on the new shop & getting enough of these parts done so they are in stock, on the shelf ready to go.

These are the ONLY parts produced with 1/4 inch steel & tig welding, and NO slop in the hardware to bushing. They will not fold over ( like others ) or bend or twist ( like others) Withstanding the highest HP conversions yet including my own car Purple Reign, also exclusivly used by Loyde @ Fast Fiero's, and found in such cars as the GTR Widebody, and Dick Edzards blue T-top.

Fits all 84 to 87 Fiero's, ( 4 cyl cradle may need modding on front mount)
Fits all 88 Fiero cradle's with minimal modification.
Automatic sets are intended to fit 440t4, 4t60, 4t60E, 4t65E, 4t65E H.D.

Also FYI, the round stock used in the maufacturing allows the mounts to be serviced with a stock Fiero dogbone poly kit from FieroStore, if by chance you happen to wear out the bushings. ( which I haven't seen yet ) Some mounts made in 2006 will need a press to get the bushings in.

First is a completed set for the Automatic Conversion. All 6 pieces assembled for $375 shipped.

Second is a full set for the Manual Conversion. All 4 pieces assembled for $275 shipped

Third is a 3 piece set intended for replacement of stock rubber mounts. $200 shipped

The single bracket in the top of the pic is all you will need to install a 3800 with a manual trans on stock rubber mount, $70 shipped. The other 2 brackets are for going to the Auto trans, $70 each shipped.

Finally YES I'm still making the low-alt bracket, although it is a major pain to make with the new revision to the lower bracing assembly. $250 shipped, and I will need your stock Fiero 2.8 V-6 bracket sent in.

------------------

87 GT MP-112 powered, 3800 Supercharged on 19's
88 GT T-top 1 of very few, 119.4 miles
87 GT custom
90 Grand prix STE Turbo
IF YOU AIN'T BREAKING STUFF..................IT AIN'T MODDED ENOUGH

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 12-19-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right on! welcome back stranger !!

I WILL be getting a front bracket!
The junk one I had broke .........
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kind of cradle mods are needed on 88s?
ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent!
I'm excited

what's the price for :

Fourth is a 3 piece set of adapter brackets to simply mount a 3800 with an auto trans up to stock rubber mounts. Or the single bracket in the top of the pic is all you will need to install a 3800 with a manual trans on stock rubber mounts.

------------------

87GT
Massachusetts
ignorantprodigy@aol.com

greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM SENT!!!

------------------
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2215614/3
My build thread:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/059538.html

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Right on! welcome back stranger !!

I WILL be getting a front bracket!
The junk one I had broke .........

I have 28 of these in stock.

Originally posted by Formula88:

What kind of cradle mods are needed on 88s?

From what I have been told, the front mount under the crank pulley doesn't quite line up with the holes in the lower mount. BUT that has only been a select few who have said anything. For the most part everyone who has used them have just bolted them in.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN

4080 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by ignorant prodigy:

Excellent!
I'm excited

what's the price for :

$180 for the set or $60 a bracket.

I fixed it in the original post
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back.
Lost thread,no just in the archives.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20050818-1-040806.html
Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd rather get originals from West Coast Fiero instead of some knock off's...

------------------
Former West Coast Fiero Employee

New and Pre-Owned Auto Sales Consultant
Power Ford Valencia

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chicken McNizzle:

You mean the original JUNK ??!!!!!

Considering thier history & reputation, I'm surprised you stuck your ugly head in this thread.

I was hoping to not have to put a disclaimer at the end...........................if you don't have anything nice to say.............. GET THE HELL OUT OF MY THREAD
( this must be some sort of record, 8 posts & already hi-jacked by a NAZI )

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 10-30-2006).]

greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

You mean the original JUNK ??!!!!!

Considering thier history & reputation, I'm surprised you stuck your ugly head in this thread.

I was hoping to not have to put a disclaimer at the end...........................if you don't have anything nice to say.............. GET THE HELL OUT OF MY THREAD

+1
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chicken McNizzle:

I'd rather not wait 6 months for West Coast Fiero to fill an order.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see your back in the game and back to offering the parts for the 3800 swap again. I have seen PR parts first hand and they look good and wouldnt hestitate to buy my next set from him. The front engine mount on the 88s do have to be re-drilled most the time from what I have seen to line up and sit str8. I had to re-drill both mine on my 88s , one was a WCF mount and the other was a PR mount I do believe. If not re-drilled it causes the poly mount to lean torward the trunk side instead of being str8 up.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Glad to see your back in the game and back to offering the parts for the 3800 swap again. I have seen PR parts first hand and they look good and wouldnt hestitate to buy my next set from him. The front engine mount on the 88s do have to be re-drilled most the time from what I have seen to line up and sit str8. I had to re-drill both mine on my 88s , one was a WCF mount and the other was a PR mount I do believe. If not re-drilled it causes the poly mount to lean torward the trunk side instead of being str8 up.

I haven't been able to get my hands on an 88 cradle to redesign the lower mount. I take it the holes are closer to the trunk side on the 88's ???

Recently I have been focusing on designing an adapter for the 2004 & newer 4t65E, it has different hole offsets and Loyde wants me to get this done along with other mounts for LS-1 installs.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Shuan, how much for a set of trans mounts, I'm getting ready to do a Northstar, and these look like they would make for a good starting point for the swap.

Joe
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Hey Shuan, how much for a set of trans mounts, I'm getting ready to do a Northstar, and these look like they would make for a good starting point for the swap.

Joe

( Shawn )

It's $120 for the 2 lower poly trans mounts, shipped.
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

------------------

1988 Purple Fiero GTw/SC3800 conversion
Best ET with 3.0 pulley,XPHOT cam, SS I/C and 105lb Valve springs: 12.38@110mph
Best 60 Foot ever: 1.699

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent ( sorry about the spelling.)

Joe
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by greengoblin0129:
+1

i had it loaded up ready to post before I scrolled down.

I wish I had these cool pictures when I made mine. I like the rear driver mount alot, might revise mine to work like that.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

darkhorizon

12279 posts
Member since Jan 2006
you might have a problem using these mounts in a northstar, as you really want to move the trans over as far as possible, along with moving it back as far as possible.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, I would rather have 1/4" steel, than the "other 1/8" CRAP"!

FINALLY !! This will be the LAST of the WCF junk I can throw away off my car!

huh Purple....... paypal or what???

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 10-30-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep, I would rather have 1/4" steel, than the "other 1/8" CRAP"!

FINALLY !! This will be the LAST of the WCF junk I can throw away off my car!

huh Purple....... paypal or what???

Working on it............................the old Paypoop I had goes to a wrong e-mail addy. The new one I can't remember the password to...............still looking for that list of passwords

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 10-30-2006).]

Younggun88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Younggun88Send a Private Message to Younggun88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take a complete auto set up if you give a paypal address.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2006 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Younggun88:

I will take a complete auto set up if you give a paypal address.

I'm pretty sure I found the password

ayoraway@yahoo.com is the paypal addy.
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2006 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for ya.........
3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2006 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Since I haven't been on the forum lately due to the shop re-opening and moving the famliy to a different end of town ( taking 4 years due to the City )

we will continue off the lost thread of 3800 parts for sale, I have been concentrating hard on the new shop & getting enough of these parts done so they are in stock, on the shelf ready to go.

These are the ONLY parts produced with 1/4 inch steel & tig welding, to withstand the highest HP conversions yet including my own car Purple Reign, also exclusivly used by Loyde @ Fast Fiero's, and found in such cars as the GTR Widebody, and Dick Edzards blue T-top.

Glade to see that you are back! I have this bookmarked. When I get my new engine and trans, I will be contacting you.
BTW, nice smiley!

Don Z.

------------------
WWW.CLEVELANDFIEROS.COM
Removed old photo - new photo coming soon!

My rear defuser

It's finally in the paint shop!

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I haven't been able to get my hands on an 88 cradle to redesign the lower mount. I take it the holes are closer to the trunk side on the 88's ???

Recently I have been focusing on designing an adapter for the 2004 & newer 4t65E, it has different hole offsets and Loyde wants me to get this done along with other mounts for LS-1 installs.

I cant remeber which way the holes need to be moved but its not by much and its just as easy to redrill the holes. The trans mount for the new 65Es would be nice in the setup of mounts. I used a 03 trans that has the new mount with the boos hole but used the older mount with a spacer and it worked fine. Might be ordering a set of the trans mounts fron you to replace the set I am useing now if the vibration doesnt tone down some.
RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey purple, I pm'd for a shipping quote on just the 3.8 to fiero mount. Unles of course the 60.00 covers the shipping too!!

RUNDLC
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
trade ya my manual mounts for auto

well hopefully you make them for awhile could be this summer *crosses fingers* I go auto, but it all depends.

------------------
3800 SC/IC Formula people tell me the car whines more then I do....

bobm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bobmSend a Private Message to bobmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Brackets. I have a 1986 notchback GT. I am going to do a 3800SC Automatic swap and I could use brackets and other stuff. I plan on having Loyde do my Harness and PCM. DO youhave any ready for shipping? I like to get a list and a total $ beforehand.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RUNDLC:

Hey purple, I pm'd for a shipping quote on just the 3.8 to fiero mount. Unles of course the 60.00 covers the shipping too!!

RUNDLC

All prices include shipping

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

trade ya my manual mounts for auto

well hopefully you make them for awhile could be this summer *crosses fingers* I go auto, but it all depends.

You don't need to trade in your manual mounts all you need is the 2 auto trans adapter brackets at $55 each

Originally posted by bobm:

Nice Brackets. I have a 1986 notchback GT. I am going to do a 3800SC Automatic swap and I could use brackets and other stuff. I plan on having Loyde do my Harness and PCM. DO youhave any ready for shipping? I like to get a list and a total $ beforehand.

They are on the shelf and ready to go.....................
PFF
System Bot
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM SENT
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by greengoblin0129:

PM SENT

P.M. back at ya
RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey purple, I sent ya a paypal for the mount, I didn't get the verification but sent the $$ to: ayoraway@yahoo.com
hope that works

Thanks RUNDLC
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sending PayPal now!

------------------
87GT 5Speed 3800SC with Air Ride
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2215614/3
My build thread:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/059538.html

Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just by looking at the west coast mounts that guy posted, they look like thin junk. My go-cart motor would snap those. It looks like you have a solid product at a very decent price.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

Just by looking at the west coast mounts that guy posted, they look like thin junk. My go-cart motor would snap those. It looks like you have a solid product at a very decent price.

Your very observant......................the front engine adapter mount is what usually fails. Although my engine bent up the trans mount pretty good too.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow ! i just received mine and DAM!!!!!! What the hell was I thinking on buying anything from WCF
These things are built tough just like the 3800SC engines!!!!

These 3800SC mounts are: REVIN APPROVED
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow ! i just received mine and DAM!!!!!! What the hell was I thinking on buying anything from WCF
These things are built tough just like the 3800SC engines!!!!

These 3800SC mounts are: REVIN APPROVED

You got your bracket I dont get it, did you get one from Loyde ??
CETICARS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CETICARSSend a Private Message to CETICARSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
which set to mount the 4t60 tranny to my other Ecotec swap an how much

[This message has been edited by CETICARS (edited 11-06-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock