Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! by PURPLE REIGN
Started on: 10-30-2006 02:46 AM
Replies: 696 (49044 views)
Last post by: Twoolz on 05-07-2017 11:47 AM
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2006 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its possible, I haven't really looked. I found this one first, and bolted it on. Have any suggestions other than this ford 3.8 tensioner?
IP: Logged
BoostedSeries1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostedSeries1Send a Private Message to BoostedSeries1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to take sides but when ordered my 3.8 engine mounts and polly for the 5 speed I was on my own and wasn't part of pff nor did I even know about it and was also not making it to my local fiero club meets so I had no one to talk to about all this. I got my parts no more than 2 years ago and just now took measurments of them ( I was amazed at all the bad talk about the WCF parts) to see for my self. The engine adapter bracket is 1/4" thick, and so is the plates that are used on the polly mounts... I can only think that things have changed and maybe the guys at WCF have been doing better....

As I have already said I have not had a problem with WCF stuff thus far (also have never delt with them ever befor now) but it seems to me that there are alot of people that have had bad experiences and I can only go bye what other people tell me.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boosted - if you have not had a problem with WCF, you are either really lucky or just have not dealt with them very long, but please ... let's not take the interest off of Purple's hard work .

{bump}
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Boosted - if you have not had a problem with WCF, you are either really lucky or just have not dealt with them very long, but please ... let's not take the interest off of Purple's hard work .

{bump}

Thanks Paul.......................I think it's the same thing. He was just plain lucky, during some small window of time when someone gave a damn for a little while. My guess is early on they might have used a quality 1/4 steel. But at the time I built my car & the other Minnesota'ns were doing their swaps, our mounts failed miserably and appeared to have gone down to a 3/16 or smaller inferior metal to cut costs. Cause let me tell you, this stuff is EXPENSIVE to laser out & bend.
spookything

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spookythingClick Here to visit spookything's HomePageSend a Private Message to spookythingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been involved in the design and manufacture of engine conversion mounts and understand that it is mostly thankless. People only mention the failures but only expect the successes. When you develop a mount, it will be coppied and sold for less money. This may be what Purple is doing, but I don't know for sure. Regardless, I made my choice based on the info I could find. The pics of what purple has made look better. West coast has a militant ex employee coming to their defence at every chance. They run a business but I hear of shipping delays. It seems like Purple does this on the side and also has delays but as a sideline those delays are more excusable. For better or worse Purple posts online. West Coast does not seem to. I chose Purple. All I have to hope for now is that I chose correctly. I will be able to form a preliminary opinion on Christmas Eve when presents are opened as long as he ships quickly. I will form a final opinion when I have driven the car for a few months.

There, free bump with some content.

Rick

------------------

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spookything:

I have been involved in the design and manufacture of engine conversion mounts and understand that it is mostly thankless. People only mention the failures but only expect the successes. When you develop a mount, it will be coppied and sold for less money. This may be what Purple is doing, but I don't know for sure. Regardless, I made my choice based on the info I could find. The pics of what purple has made look better. West coast has a militant ex employee coming to their defence at every chance. They run a business but I hear of shipping delays. It seems like Purple does this on the side and also has delays but as a sideline those delays are more excusable. For better or worse Purple posts online. West Coast does not seem to. I chose Purple. All I have to hope for now is that I chose correctly. I will be able to form a preliminary opinion on Christmas Eve when presents are opened as long as he ships quickly. I will form a final opinion when I have driven the car for a few months.

There, free bump with some content.

Rick

Thanks........................shipping should be in the morning.

spookything

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spookythingClick Here to visit spookything's HomePageSend a Private Message to spookythingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent.

Rick

------------------

dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Interesting...........................the last guy I shipped to in Canada said not to go USPS cause it takes forever to get there

Did I just hear my name? Sorry, what I meant was to not ship via USPS ground, and use USPS air instead if possible. I think USPS ground secretly uses an old Caprice Classic with an old man in a hat behind the wheel. USPS's air service is lightning fast by comparison.

UPS (FedEx & DHL as well) charge relatively high brokerage fees in addition to any taxes or import duties; the post office by comparison charges next to nothing.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dguy:

Did I just hear my name? Sorry, what I meant was to not ship via USPS ground, and use USPS air instead if possible. I think USPS ground secretly uses an old Caprice Classic with an old man in a hat behind the wheel. USPS's air service is lightning fast by comparison.

UPS (FedEx & DHL as well) charge relatively high brokerage fees in addition to any taxes or import duties; the post office by comparison charges next to nothing.

Ahhhhhhhhh.............................thanks for the info. Does this also apply to overseas packages ???
dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ahhhhhhhhh.............................thanks for the info. Does this also apply to overseas packages ???

As far as I know, yes it does. At least that's what my understanding is based on the last time I read a courier's import policy in detail.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2006 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All shipments are out.

Everyone should see thier packages by Christmas for sure.

All that's left to do is 1 Alt bracket.

THANKS TO EVERYONE

Still a few sets in stock & ready to ship.
PFF
System Bot
greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2006 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mounts look GREAT! Can't wait to get the engine running, i'm now one step closer. Thanks for your help.

Ryan
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2006 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine, these are some stout parts. I can't wait to get the garage cleaned out so I can get started.

When things go wrong,
don't follow them. Joe

spookything

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2006 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spookythingClick Here to visit spookything's HomePageSend a Private Message to spookythingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, so mine were shipped too?

I asked the wife last night and she said they were not here yet.

Rick

PS Legitimate Bump

------------------

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2006 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK, so mine were shipped too?

I asked the wife last night and she said they were not here yet.

Rick

PS Legitimate Bump

Yes they were shipped..................and it cost me an extra $39.50 to AIR them to Canada.

I usually cover shipping up to $10.00 in the states and Canada customers usually pay the difference once the amount is determined.

I forgot to P.M. you the details.
yellow fever

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2006 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow feverSend a Private Message to yellow feverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are there any automatic tranny brackets left.I will take a set if so. $110 for the pair right
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellow fever:

Are there any automatic tranny brackets left.I will take a set if so. $110 for the pair right

On the shelf.......................awaiting shipment
chaosfinity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chaosfinitySend a Private Message to chaosfinityEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering if your mounts will work with the WCF transmission brackets, my grandma ordered them for Christmas i wanted to order the manual kit from you since it doesnt have the brackets if they will still work with the transmission mounts

[This message has been edited by chaosfinity (edited 12-15-2006).]

yellow fever

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow feverSend a Private Message to yellow feverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent. Thank you
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chaosfinity:

I was wondering if your mounts will work with the WCF transmission brackets, my grandma ordered them for Christmas i wanted to order the manual kit from you since it doesnt have the brackets if they will still work with the transmission mounts

It's safe to assume you mean brackets that fit the manual trans ??? They should work with both stock & WCF trans brackets.
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll go ahead and take a low-alt braket as well. Only problem is my 2.8 bracket is cracked into but I have both pieces. How do you want me to do this as far as sending in my 2.8 bracket? Please let me know, paypal ready to go.

Thanks, Ryan
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by greengoblin0129:

I'll go ahead and take a low-alt braket as well. Only problem is my 2.8 bracket is cracked into but I have both pieces. How do you want me to do this as far as sending in my 2.8 bracket? Please let me know, paypal ready to go.

Thanks, Ryan

Just send the 2.8 bracket in pieces, I'll probably be able to repair it.
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just send the 2.8 bracket in pieces, I'll probably be able to repair it.

Sounds good, PM me a address!
chaosfinity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chaosfinitySend a Private Message to chaosfinityEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's safe to assume you mean brackets that fit the manual trans ??? They should work with both stock & WCF trans brackets.

No, I have an auto trans with WCF trans brackets and was wondering if your poly mounts will work with that or will it end up making the engine tilt because of metal thicknesses?
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chaosfinity:

No, I have an auto trans with WCF trans brackets and was wondering if your poly mounts will work with that or will it end up making the engine tilt because of metal thicknesses?

They will work just fine with those brackets.

Beware that the rearward, larger trans bracket likes to bend under high HP applications
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2006 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We will find out I need an engine bracket, you will get a pm
spookything

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2006 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spookythingClick Here to visit spookything's HomePageSend a Private Message to spookythingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well tomorrow is the last day that the package could arrive before Xmas. Is there any chance you could get me a tracking number?

Thanks

Rick

P.S. I will address the extra you had to pay for shipping as soon as I see the package.

------------------

greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2006 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well tomorrow is the last day that the package could arrive before Xmas. Is there any chance you could get me a tracking number?

Thanks

Rick

P.S. I will address the extra you had to pay for shipping as soon as I see the package.

Well here's what I have for info

It was shipped on 12/8/06 from "Lost Lake Branch" USPS Plymounth, MN. to Canada via Air Parcel.
23lbs 11.8oz
Customs form # CP138686365US

It was signed & checked for Air/Priority and checked to be sent back if undeliverable.

There doesn't apper to be any other valuble info on it.

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well here's what I have for info

It was shipped on 12/8/06 from "Lost Lake Branch" USPS Plymounth, MN. to Canada via Air Parcel.
23lbs 11.8oz
Customs form # CP138686365US

It was signed & checked for Air/Priority and checked to be sent back if undeliverable.

There doesn't apper to be any other valuble info on it.

Shouldn't you be sleeping?!?!?!
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racingman24:

Shouldn't you be sleeping?!?!?!

Just got home at that time

That's how I get to sleep in.......................
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm just curious if everyone got thier parts ???
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm just curious if everyone got thier parts ???

No did you read my last pm? let me know the total and I will paypal. Thanks

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

No did you read my last pm? let me know the total and I will paypal. Thanks

Yes I know I need to send that one. I'll P.M. the details.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have questions.
I don't want to "kill" my Fiero yet, and I am in the gathering parts stage. Can I pay you an additional fee instead of taking my 2.8 bracket off the car now? I'd rather have all the parts, mounts, harness ready and brackets so I can minimize downtime. If I had a decent junk yard here, i'd just go get a bracket, but since I can't find a junk fiero, thats what lead me to ask about a possible "fee" in lieu of my bracket. Of course after the 3800 is installed, i'd have no problem giving you the bracket. Let me know.

I'll be needing a set of mounts and a bracket for the 3800. Fastfieros may be getting a harness/ECM order soon too

(1988 Formula, Automatic-- to 3800 and 4 speed Auto)

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

I have questions.
I don't want to "kill" my Fiero yet, and I am in the gathering parts stage. Can I pay you an additional fee instead of taking my 2.8 bracket off the car now? I'd rather have all the parts, mounts, harness ready and brackets so I can minimize downtime. If I had a decent junk yard here, i'd just go get a bracket, but since I can't find a junk fiero, thats what lead me to ask about a possible "fee" in lieu of my bracket. Of course after the 3800 is installed, i'd have no problem giving you the bracket. Let me know.

I'll be needing a set of mounts and a bracket for the 3800. Fastfieros may be getting a harness/ECM order soon too

(1988 Formula, Automatic-- to 3800 and 4 speed Auto)

Yes I suppose I should have posted that option I used to do a $50 core charge if no bracket was available at the time.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm.......................

I suppose everyone is out installing thier engines ???

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 01-02-2007).]

greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hows the alt bracket comin? Will the one I sent you work for it? If not, let me know.

Thanks man, couldn't do the swap with out your parts haha

-Ryan
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by greengoblin0129:

Hows the alt bracket comin? Will the one I sent you work for it? If not, let me know.

Thanks man, couldn't do the swap with out your parts haha

-Ryan

Still working on the brackets. At the same time trying real hard to get a towing contract with a local dealer to help keep the shop busy.
Anyhow I should get the tensioner tommorrow & hopefully ship them soon.

I think I'll try to repair the one you sent, even though it's broken pretty bad. I'll just use it on a buddy's conversion & not make it into a saleable bracket.
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought you only did mounts, i didnt know you did low mount alt brackets too. How much do you charge to make up a low mount alt bracket using the 1998 3800 altenator?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock