Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! by PURPLE REIGN
Started on: 10-30-2006 02:46 AM
Replies: 696 (49044 views)
Last post by: Twoolz on 05-07-2017 11:47 AM
duckwalk39

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for duckwalk39Send a Private Message to duckwalk39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you still making the 3800 Low Alt Mounts? I'm interested in one if it would work with my setup which is a 2000 Buick L67 in an 88 GT 5spd.

WHOA!!! 14 is mine!!! I'm finally at the top of a page on this forum!!!!!! :-)

[This message has been edited by duckwalk39 (edited 05-05-2010).]

IP: Logged
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep still making them. Workin on 5 of them as fast as my knee will let me.

Mount stock is running thin again, but production is in high gear.
rafal_ram

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rafal_ramSend a Private Message to rafal_ramEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@PR: e-mail sent to you.

Please respond.

BR,
Rafal
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rafal_ram:

@PR: e-mail sent to you.

Please respond.

BR,
Rafal

I checked, didn't see anything.
TA6SPD

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TA6SPDSend a Private Message to TA6SPDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When can I expect to get my low mount alt. bracket?
GM Shane

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GM ShaneSend a Private Message to GM ShaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered a set of manual mounts on Tuesday, and received them today! Thanks, they look like a very high quality item.
rafal_ram

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rafal_ramSend a Private Message to rafal_ramEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also would like to order one set.
PR - check your mailbox..
ILVMYGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ILVMYGTSend a Private Message to ILVMYGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Yep still making them. Workin on 5 of them as fast as my knee will let me.

Mount stock is running thin again, but production is in high gear.

Will your lower alternator mount work with the WCF motor mounts? I am swapping a 99 Pontiac 3800SCII with AC in to an 88 with a 5 speed. What is the current price to the alternator bracket?
PFF
System Bot
rafal_ram

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rafal_ramSend a Private Message to rafal_ramEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still no contact from Purple Reign...
Anybody has some info?
I really would like to order these mounts... My car is out of the road for more than year !!
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anybody has some info?
I really would like to order these mounts... My car is out of the road for more than year !!

Send him a PM like I am about to do.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anybody has some info?

I sent you a P.M., AND an E-mail.....i'm not sure why your not getting them
rafal_ram

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rafal_ramSend a Private Message to rafal_ramEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I sent you a P.M., AND an E-mail.....i'm not sure why your not getting them

I have no idea why. I have sent you PM and email using another account (gmail) - maybe it will work.

BR,
Rafal
minuteman3282

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for minuteman3282Send a Private Message to minuteman3282Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just an info question.....

I am gathering parts now for my swap. So far I have the 3800SC, the auto tranny, PCM, and wiring harness all out of a '98 Park Ave. I will be putting it into an '88 4 cyl. Fiero, it's not a GT but an Am4 or something like that. I will send you a paypal with payment when I am ready to do the purchase, I am in no type of hurry. So far I have done an 11" stretch for my Diablo kit. My question is about the low mount alternator bracket. Do I need to purchase the low mount bracket as well or is that just for fitment under the Fiero deck lid? Thanks for any info!

EDIT:

Just called the guys that make the kit and they said the low mount bracket is not necassary. It just makes it a tight fit if a replica motor cover is used.

[This message has been edited by minuteman3282 (edited 07-02-2010).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most of all, people do the low Alt bracket so they don't have to trim the decklid and also to declutter the engine bay. Also provides a upper dogbone mount at the same time.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you make getrag solid mounts by any chance?

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

minuteman3282

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for minuteman3282Send a Private Message to minuteman3282Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Purple for the reply. After talking it over with a few others that are doing the same build as I am. They suggest getting the bracket as well just to make the replica engine cover fit better. Can you give me some idea on exactly which parts I need from you for my fitment? That is if you don't mind. I have an '88 4 banger auto with an 11" frame stretch and a 3800SC and tranny out of a '98 Park Ave. I would like to purchase everything you offer to help make this swap a little less of a hassle. A BIG thanks again for what you do for the community.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

do you make getrag solid mounts by any chance?

That wouldn't be too hard to. Are you sure you want to visit the dentist more after it knocks your fillings out ??

Originally posted by minuteman3282:

Thanks Purple for the reply. After talking it over with a few others that are doing the same build as I am. They suggest getting the bracket as well just to make the replica engine cover fit better. Can you give me some idea on exactly which parts I need from you for my fitment? That is if you don't mind. I have an '88 4 banger auto with an 11" frame stretch and a 3800SC and tranny out of a '98 Park Ave. I would like to purchase everything you offer to help make this swap a little less of a hassle. A BIG thanks again for what you do for the community.

Um....i'm not sure what your referring to for brackets to get a "replica engine cover" to fit better. I'll make / get you anything you need, just need to know what your up to Also, where are you streched 11"'s ???
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
doesnt bother me. ill get a jaw made of some awesome metal, like adamantium, unobtainium or holyshitium :P

oh, and hours of searching led me to some finds for some good ideas for solid mounts.
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

doesnt bother me. ill get a jaw made of some awesome metal, like adamantium, unobtainium or holyshitium :P

oh, and hours of searching led me to some finds for some good ideas for solid mounts.

LOL !!!! o.k.....let me know if you need me to make some.
minuteman3282

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for minuteman3282Send a Private Message to minuteman3282Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was referring to the low mount bracket, if it is used the replica v12 engine cover that goes over the motor will fit more easily. An 11" stretch is required to match the wheel base of the kit car. Basicly the frame is cut 3" behind the firewall and 11" spacer is welded in place to make the stretch. The cradle and motor are moved further back.

Pappy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pay Pal and a PM sent!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How much for the dogbone mounts ?

Are these the same mounts that were sold by fiero addiction ??
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
How much for the dogbone mounts ?

I'm going to need to know what your referring to, as the dogbone mount is built into the Alt bracket. Unless you mean the mount itself...

Are these the same mounts that were sold by fiero addiction ??

No
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PR, to add to the PM so im not over loading your inbox, i have an 87. do i need to keep the existing lower portion of the stock mount on the cradle? or is that where rodneys poly mounts come into play? im wanting to make this all solid.

oh, BTW, ive got that holyshitium jaw installed. girls wont come near me and my new nick name is jaws O_o

lol

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PR, to add to the PM so im not over loading your inbox, i have an 87. do i need to keep the existing lower portion of the stock mount on the cradle? or is that where rodneys poly mounts come into play? im wanting to make this all solid.

oh, BTW, ive got that holyshitium jaw installed. girls wont come near me and my new nick name is jaws O_o

lol

The lower mount that bolt to the cradle, you can use Rodney's or mine, either way you will need something there.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No

Sorry meant just the dogbone.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used Rodney's poly mounts with PR's enginemount, in my case I had to remove some material of one mounting hole to make them fit..other then that it is a nice sturdy mount !

about the solid mount, you could get either poly mounts and have the poly bushing replaced by a teflon (pom-c) copy...it wouldnt be hard to do with a small lathe and a piece of teflon stock
Justin Heileman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
PFF
System Bot
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ive got a different approach... ill brag on about it later hope my noob welding skills are up to par for this O_O
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ive got a different approach... ill brag on about it later hope my noob welding skills are up to par for this O_O

Uh oh......i'll be reading
Justin Heileman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM and Payment Sent...
minuteman3282

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for minuteman3282Send a Private Message to minuteman3282Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You da man Purple Reign! Got my mounts today and they look great! Thanks again...
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by minuteman3282:

You da man Purple Reign! Got my mounts today and they look great! Thanks again...

Cool....3 orders went out.....2 to go & 4 Alt brackets, Whew.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for those of our orders that went out, can we get a tracking number?? thanks PR!
rafal_ram

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rafal_ramSend a Private Message to rafal_ramEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And what about my order... ?
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent need a full set of the manual swap mounts.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And what about my order... ?

I've contacted you both via E-mail & P.M. for the card expiration date and to let you know they were shipped last week
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've contacted you both via E-mail & P.M. for the card expiration date and to let you know they were shipped last week

card expiration date??? i havent gotten anything in my email. it might have gone to the spam folder O_O pm me your email address? what was the shipping time?

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 08-12-2010).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

card expiration date??? i havent gotten anything in my email. it might have gone to the spam folder O_O pm me your email address? what was the shipping time?

Look at the Quote above........that was Quoting Rafal.
Btw, Your bracket went out today USPS

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 08-12-2010).]

magot

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for magotSend a Private Message to magotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock