Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! (Page 17)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! by PURPLE REIGN
Started on: 10-30-2006 02:46 AM
Replies: 696 (49043 views)
Last post by: Twoolz on 05-07-2017 11:47 AM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

not lining up. hmm.... :\
this is a L32/Getrag combo.

Wow, after seeing that previous page, I think I need to say that his work is top notch and a damn good service to provide us. Gotta remember he's doing this in his spare time. Good things come to those who wait.

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 12-16-2010).]

IP: Logged
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dhobbs84sc:

i got my mount this morning, it looks so awesome!!
why do you not make decals or something like that and put it in the box lol i would totally sport a purple reign decal thats how pleased i am with your service!!

That's a fantastic idea....Thanks, i got the guy for it
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN

4080 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

not lining up. hmm.... :\
this is a L32/Getrag combo.

Wow, after seeing that previous page, I think I need to say that his work is top notch and a damn good service to provide us. Gotta remember he's doing this in his spare time. Good things come to those who wait.

This is common on the manual swaps. GM's hole stamping in the cradle varied quite a bit. You may need to make the slotted holes in the cradles longer. Sorry i can't get a mount set to fit every application.
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK guys i got a tip. I don't have your mount but do have the west coast mount which is very similar. I did not line up. I was off close to what you showing.
I Unbolted the motor mount from the engine all together.
Bolted the rubber mounts all way around loosely to the cradle. Enough i could slide as i needed
Set the engine setup down and got one trans mount lined up and nut screwed down so the threads where flush with the nut.
Set motor mount on the rubber engine mount and slowly lowered the engine down while another person worked on lining the motor mount to engine holes up.
At this point I had the one trans mount in and the motor mount in but other trans mount was off half a hole. Took a pry par and Slightly pried the rubber so it moved. It popped in and I then tightened everything down.
Took a total of 5 mins and two people watching everything very closely. But I didn't have to modify anything. And the rubber mounts were not strained at all they just need to be lined up. All motor mounts have that little bit of give needed to line things up even polys. Hope this may help you out a little.
86_fiero_gt_92

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2010 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_fiero_gt_92Send a Private Message to 86_fiero_gt_92Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you have this mount ready and how much to ship to canada?

blkpearl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need some mounts for an 88 with a 3800sc swap. Can you make anything for that in the next month or so?
Dragon6790

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon6790Send a Private Message to Dragon6790Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone here from PURPLE REIGN lately? I know he is busy but he hasn't returned any of my PM's in the past 2 weeks...
ILVMYGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ILVMYGTSend a Private Message to ILVMYGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He has not returned by PMs either. I paid him for a lower Alternator mount last June and still have not seen it. I don’t necessarily want to flame him but this is ridicules. In November he said he had 3 more to finish and I was one of them.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083396.html

I still have not seen it.

PFF
System Bot
Dragon6790

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon6790Send a Private Message to Dragon6790Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not really worried as he said the parts I paid for were in stock. I just wanted to see if he had a tracking number. My parts are probably in customs or something stupid like that! But, it would be nice to know...
Dragon6790

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon6790Send a Private Message to Dragon6790Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so I still haven't received my parts!!! PURPLE REIGN has my money, He said the parts were in stock....I would like for him to let me know if the parts were shipped or....
He talked about working 16hrs a day to make enough money to support his family and keep his buisness afloat but I wonder if he has thought about where other peoples money is coming from to buy his parts!!
I work hard for my money as well!! and I don't appreciate being scammed out of $400.00. To some that doesn't seem like a lot but to me it is!!!
Hope to hear from you soon PURPLE REIGN...
Dragon6790
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont know how to apologize enough for the delay. The shop has never been this busy before, and with the tow truck being a maintenance pig, the City is on my a$$, court appearances, 16 to 18 hour days, and the list goes on.

None the less, Frank i did stay up one night & finished your bracket, its done, even went to the post office one and it turned out to be a damn holiday and Robert, like i mentioned in P.M. the mounts have been done, just need to ship them off....... damn post office closes at 5
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The PO will pick up at your location, this will save you time and money!
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

The PO will pick up at your location, this will save you time and money!

Not unless the shipping is prepaid.....
Frank, your bracket is on the way ....

Robert, the P.O. wont even take any shipments going to Canada. Unless you have an alternative way to get them up there ???
Dragon6790

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon6790Send a Private Message to Dragon6790Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I already PM'd you to tell you the strike was over!! Please send parts. You can also send via UPS if you prefer... I would like a tracking number when you send...
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2011 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Not unless the shipping is prepaid.....
Frank, your bracket is on the way ....

Robert, the P.O. wont even take any shipments going to Canada. Unless you have an alternative way to get them up there ???

I just sent some control arms to Canada using the pre-paid shipping boxes. The post office dropped the boxes off (free) and will pick them up at your door, just fill in the request form on the PO site. My medium sized box was about $26 to ship. I never left the house.

Bob
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you still making theese as I need a set for an 88 with an 3800 auto swap.

Thanks Carl
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by northeastfiero:

Are you still making theese as I need a set for an 88 with an 3800 auto swap.

Thanks Carl

Yep, still making them. All recent orders are out. 3800 Auto kits are $375 shipped & are set up to fit the 4T60e & 4T65e with the 4 mount holes adjacent to the left output shaft.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you also sell the flywheels for the manual 3800 swaps?
PFF
System Bot
hammer18

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2012 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hammer18Send a Private Message to hammer18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
hammer18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hammer18Send a Private Message to hammer18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump another PM sent
hammer18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hammer18Send a Private Message to hammer18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hammer18

383 posts
Member since Jun 2007
bump another PM sent
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2012 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone confirm that this mount works for both the fiero style alt and the 3800 style alt? I'm looking at pictures of alternators and I'm not seeing how the newer style alts mount to his bracket.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2012 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Do you also sell the flywheels for the manual 3800 swaps?

Yes i can get you one of those machined to fit....

Originally posted by JamesCurtis:

Can anyone confirm that this mount works for both the fiero style alt and the 3800 style alt? I'm looking at pictures of alternators and I'm not seeing how the newer style alts mount to his bracket.

Unfortunatly at this time, this bracket doesnt work with the 3800 style alternator. I HAVE been able to modify it at one point to accept a Buick 3800 alternator....
RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2012 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump !! For a good product and good guy !! PR hope things are good with you, good to see you back in the game cant wait to see your car some day ! i almost went M112 on my set up !
Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey purple I sent you a pm an email. Looking for another 3800 flywheel n spec stage 5 clutch/ pp combo with flywheel bolts.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2012 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RULOOKIN:

bump !! For a good product and good guy !! PR hope things are good with you, good to see you back in the game cant wait to see your car some day ! i almost went M112 on my set up !

Yeah, been concentrating on the car & work. If all goes well, my tuner wants it on the dyno & give it some more timing, maybe see 440 to 450rwhp

Originally posted by Dementia:

Hey purple I sent you a pm an email. Looking for another 3800 flywheel n spec stage 5 clutch/ pp combo with flywheel bolts.

Got it..... let me get a few things together.

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 08-14-2012).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2012 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any word on brake brackets? Just trying to get my car back on the road

Thanks!
runner92

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2013 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for runner92Send a Private Message to runner92Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In need of engine mounts and auto trans mounts for gen 2 3800 with auto 4 speed
PFF
System Bot
EvilSqueezles

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know it's a dead thread... But are these still avail? Everything for a 3800 and manual swap.

~James
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by EvilSqueezles:

I know it's a dead thread... But are these still avail? Everything for a 3800 and manual swap.

~James

I know its a slow thread, but yes I still have a few sets of these. Manual kits are $275 shipped. LMK how soon you need a set.
EvilSqueezles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent. Thanks.

~James
ProNUNICAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ProNUNICANSend a Private Message to ProNUNICANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent as well!
fierogtx

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM SENT
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you still sell the manual sets for $275? Any available? Compatible with the Getrag?
crashmydaytona

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Threedog

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

Anyone know if these mounts work with the Getrag 282?
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For all those looking for mounts there is a new supplier of the mounts FieroX use to make and sale. There is a post in the Mall section with details. If needes shoot me a PM..
Spalding1028

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spalding1028Send a Private Message to Spalding1028Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Digging up an old thread. Are you still making these kits? I'm starting a 5 speed swap and need mounts and an alt bracket
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock