Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  3800 Parts now available (lots of pics) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
3800 Parts now available (lots of pics) by PURPLE REIGN
Started on: 04-23-2004 07:39 PM
Replies: 125
Last post by: Rborecky on 04-24-2005 06:14 PM
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2004 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Now that MY 3800 parts have been produced, I have the real pics of them. These are for ALL years.

These are designed for strength, using 1/4 inch steel. Gusset reinforcement. Precision welding. Laser-cut parts. Corners are welded, not press-braked.
Bolts are a grade 8 EXACT fit to the bushing sleeve, NO slop. Replaceable bushings. Proven parts !!!

Exclusively use by Loyde @ " Fast Fiero's "
First is a full complete set for a 3800 with an auto trans $375 shipped

Applications include stock Fiero drivetrain - All 3800 series I & series II N/A & Supercharged.
All 440T4 - 4T60 - 4T60E - 4T65E H.D. auto transmissions.
All stock Fiero manual transmissions ( with upper bracket still in place )

YES they come with a guarantee. You won't find a better set of mounts for a conversion or used in stock form.

Then there is the set for the manual $275 shipped

Then there is a set for the stock Fiero $200 shipped

Then there is just the needed adapters to bolt to the 3800 with auto trans $175 for 3

A completed set

I can make these too if needed.

Also making the Alternator relocation bracket with dogbone & tensioner & pulley. Originally designed by Skitime, just slightly modified at the bottom.

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 04-24-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2004 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Wow what do they go to? ha ha
great priceing and they look good to! now I need to get another 3900sc!! and also another car

------------------

98 3800SC GTP motor,3.4 pulley, Getrag 5sp.
custom hood, trunk, side scoops, IRM front spoiler, 17" excel's , dk.Shadow Grey

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2004 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
They look great, I do have a question about the engine mount itself. It looks like it only bolts to the fr side of the enginenear ac??? Reason I ask is the adapter I want to use turns towards the pan and has oil cooler fittings the go underneathg crank pulley, i hoping it is one I can use.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2004 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

They look great, I do have a question about the engine mount itself. It looks like it only bolts to the fr side of the enginenear ac??? Reason I ask is the adapter I want to use turns towards the pan and has oil cooler fittings the go underneathg crank pulley, i hoping it is one I can use.

If it is a problem I can custom make one that will work.

I currently have one of those factory adapters for an engine oil cooler on and it runs right beside the crank pulley & guides the lines underneath it. Even though I'm using the adapter for a pre-oiling system.

1985FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2004 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Here's my question, I just bought a '92 series 1 N/A 3800, will your mounts work? If not, can you make mounts that would work, or point me in the direction to some that work?
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1985FieroGT:

Here's my question, I just bought a '92 series 1 N/A 3800, will your mounts work? If not, can you make mounts that would work, or point me in the direction to some that work?

Yep..............they work for that.................KEV has a set in his car.

shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post
Just a few questions::

Do you have any pics of these installed in the car?

What trans are the auto mounts set up for?

Does this lower the engine enough to allow the the alternator to fit in its stock location? (without cutting the deck lid)

Do any mods have to be done to the cradle (84-87) for them to fit?

Is there an advantage to these over 87GT3800SC5SPD's mounts? (sorry, not trying to start a flame, just trying to choose the best ones for my project)

Thank you,
Kris

------------------

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post
How much for just the auto shifter setup? I have an original WCF setup and if I go below 3rd gear I have to get out and manually move it from the engine compartment to move it back up.

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold
308 Rebody on 85GT Chassis
Custom 2000 Firebird Interior
3800SC 3.4 Pulley w/WCF Headers & Reprogrammed PCM
Complete Suspension & Brake Upgrade

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Looks good.
Just a few questions...

Will the automatic setup work on an 88 cradle?

Is any welding required? Or is it a direct bolt-in?

I suspect that I'm not the only person interested in a 3800 swap who has no welding or fabrication skills.

Thanks!

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe...........

Coming soon...
88 Formula, presently under the knife.

Read Nealz Nuze!

DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
weld?? whats that.. is it a needed mod for my 3800SC??

Man I know what the parts of an engine are and how they work but thats it.. you stomp the pedal and you go..
My kit is like the ultimate Lego set without instructions.. I learn as I go.. I might have a full days worth of outside help in the last 5 years!! (I did wake my GF up at 3am once to put the rear clip on for a car show that morning!!)

the simpler it is the better!! And put me down for a kit.. though I already have a engine clamp (big metal thing) and the bottom part of the engine mount and a top part of a trans mount (dont ask, I even dont know) PM me sometime and well work things out.

Also interested in the auto shifter thingy. since I said hell with the Getrag and am now going 4t65Ehd.. Nice work by the way..
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.. Don't let any naysayers get you down. Well back to work I go!! L8

------------------

Ferrari 308 GTB rebody on a modified 86SE chasis Soon to have a highly hooped up 3800SC..Ohh yeah baby!!
Contacts _ AIM / Zildjianfx _ Yahoo / djdraggin
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs.

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shop_rat45:

Just a few questions::
Do you have any pics of these installed in the car?

I'll get some today

What trans are the auto mounts set up for?

4T60e, 4T65e, 4T65e H.D. & 440t4

Does this lower the engine enough to allow the the alternator to fit in its stock location? (without cutting the deck lid)

I doubt it..............i have never seen a mount set than has enough room to "rebuild" the mount that way.

Do any mods have to be done to the cradle (84-87) for them to fit?

NO

Is there an advantage to these over 87GT3800SC5SPD's mounts? (sorry, not trying to start a flame, just trying to choose the best ones for my project)

I dont think so, aren't his designed to lower the Getrag ??? Anyhow his look well engineered. But I designed these for strength since I'm having that issue with my engine.

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 04-24-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN

4080 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by Wholf:

How much for just the auto shifter setup? I have an original WCF setup and if I go below 3rd gear I have to get out and manually move it from the engine compartment to move it back up.

I do these for $40 if you send me the bracket & shift shaft lever that is on the stock auto trans. You will be able to get every gear, just that the Fiero indicator on the interior is of course a little off.

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 04-24-2004).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN

4080 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by Raydar:

Looks good.
Just a few questions...

Will the automatic setup work on an 88 cradle?

YES

Is any welding required? Or is it a direct bolt-in?

NO welding.................bolts right in.

summerjim

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for summerjimClick Here to visit summerjim's HomePageSend a Private Message to summerjimDirect Link to This Post
How much for the alternator relocation setup?
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingDirect Link to This Post
you have a PM
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by summerjim:

How much for the alternator relocation setup?

$185..............all I need from you is the stock V-6 bracket

nitro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroClick Here to visit nitro's HomePageSend a Private Message to nitroDirect Link to This Post
Looks good, when are they gonna get shipped? I talked to you over email last week about them. Need an engine still though, but that's a minor detail....

------------------
- Kyle

Fiero Quarter Mile Database
Fiero Image Gallery

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitro:

Looks good, when are they gonna get shipped? I talked to you over email last week about them. Need an engine still though, but that's a minor detail....

If memory serves me right, you wanted a full set for an auto. They should be ready to ship by the end of the week.

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Got any pictures of your alternator bracket? (I could have the alternator bracket to you in a week from now. )
Can you have a set of mounts ready and delivered to another part of the USA before the 22nd of May?
The manual mounts work with a 4 speed yes?
Any package deal price buying a complete set of mounts and the alternator bracket?
What is a complete price shipped within the USA for all of the above?

------------------

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:
Also making the Alternator relocation bracket with dogbone & tensioner & pulley.

please tell me that there is a much smaller pulley going on there!!!

It just looks odd ! eh what do I know...... I don't even have a pulley there

bump

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

Got any pictures of your alternator bracket? (I could have the alternator bracket to you in a week from now. )
Can you have a set of mounts ready and delivered to another part of the USA before the 22nd of May?
The manual mounts work with a 4 speed yes?
Any package deal price buying a complete set of mounts and the alternator bracket?
What is a complete price shipped within the USA for all of the above?

Yes I can have a set done real soon..................they work perfect with any manual.......................a 4 piece set of mounts for a 3800 with a manual and an alt relocation bracket I can do for $400.............add $20 for shipping.

Does this help ???? There is a pic above of the alt bracket with the tensioner & pulley & dogbone mount.

PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

please tell me that there is a much smaller pulley going on there!!!

It just looks odd ! eh what do I know...... I don't even have a pulley there

bump

I agree its a bit big ( looks like a windmill to me ) but it has to be to get the belt to clear the water pump as it comes from the A/C pump. Until I find another tensioner that has a longer arm, this is what works.

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2004 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Well you could do like me and just invert the water pump pulley so it will run on the outer crank grooves and make a new path for that belt tenisioner. sorry to hyjack..
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm

No more interest ???

Tough crowd....................

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Looks good. So, how much for all mounts (including the alternator/dog bone mount).
Other that that, a 3800SC is pretty much a straight bolt up, right? Then there's the wiring and hose/exhaust routing, but you don't have to cut the cradle or decklid, etc. for clearance, do you ?

Nevermind about the price.... I just re-read the thread. Still interested on feeback on the swap, though.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 04-26-2004).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Looks good. So, how much for all mounts (including the alternator/dog bone mount).
Other that that, a 3800SC is pretty much a straight bolt up, right? Then there's the wiring and hose/exhaust routing, but you don't have to cut the cradle or decklid, etc. for clearance, do you ?

Nevermind about the price.... I just re-read the thread. Still interested on feeback on the swap, though.

Yes the 3800 is a straight bolt in, depending on the donor car it came from will determine other small problems. I can let you know what those are.

DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
interest.. shooting email..

------------------

Ferrari 308 GTB rebody on a modified 86SE chasis Soon to have a highly hooped up 3800SC..Ohh yeah baby!!
Contacts _ AIM / Zildjianfx _ Yahoo / djdraggin
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs.

cccharlie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2004 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cccharlieSend a Private Message to cccharlieDirect Link to This Post

Hmmmmm

No more interest ???

Tough crowd....................

Looks like a great price on the mounts and shift bracket.

As for the alternator - Can I just use an '88 alternator ( I have an 88 coupe no pw pl no crazy audio system)

Looks like I may have to pick up a few extra shifts at work.......

------------------
88 4cyl auto Fiero, AC, sunroof
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick

HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2004 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Im in for an auto set come this friday. My tranny is the 4t65e-HD as long as it fits that Im good. If you PM me your addy it will go out friday am by priority.
HIOSILVER>
Malakyt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2004 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalakytClick Here to visit Malakyt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MalakytDirect Link to This Post
i would be interested in getting a set for the manual and an alt relocation bracket. LMK.

------------------
Avid Fiero Enthusiast
Daniel Caddell

"Remember, life will never come to you. You have to chase it and beat it with a stick.
Working on Firebird Interior
If you think i am doing a good job, Give me a positive

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2004 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cccharlie:

Looks like a great price on the mounts and shift bracket.

As for the alternator - Can I just use an '88 alternator ( I have an 88 coupe no pw pl no crazy audio system)

Looks like I may have to pick up a few extra shifts at work.......

Sure .............you can use either alternator. The bracket just relocates it to the stock area & provides an upper dogbone with a pulley & tensioner for the belt.

PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2004 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN

4080 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by Malakyt:

i would be interested in getting a set for the manual and an alt relocation bracket. LMK.

No problem..................manual set with alt bracket is $435

Im in for an auto set come this friday. My tranny is the 4t65e-HD as long as it fits that Im good. If you PM me your addy it will go out friday am by priority.
HIOSILVER

P.M. done

Flyguyeddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyguyeddySend a Private Message to FlyguyeddyDirect Link to This Post
keepin this bad boy alive with a bump and a question...

if i was to buy the engine bracket kit, would i be able to use factory fiero mounts? is that the purpose of selling them seperate like that?

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flyguyeddy:

keepin this bad boy alive with a bump and a question...

if i was to buy the engine bracket kit, would i be able to use factory fiero mounts? is that the purpose of selling them seperate like that?

That's correct...............If you want you can just get the engine bracket & use stock mounts.

nitro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroClick Here to visit nitro's HomePageSend a Private Message to nitroDirect Link to This Post
bump! Any updates?

------------------
- Kyle

Fiero Image Gallery

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Do the 4T60E and 4T65E use the same brackets? Axles?

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
sent you an email last week and a pm today...
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Do the 4T60E and 4T65E use the same brackets? Axles?

Yes on the brackets.

Not a 100% positive on the axles, but i've been told they are different in the inboard side.

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN

4080 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by nitro:

bump! Any updates?

Updates on what ?????

nitro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroClick Here to visit nitro's HomePageSend a Private Message to nitroDirect Link to This Post

Updates on what ?????

Availability or shipping? I want some....

------------------
- Kyle

Fiero Image Gallery

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave