Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Calif Kid............................ (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Calif Kid............................ by rogergarrison
Started on: 01-25-2003 11:04 PM
Replies: 542 (47699 views)
Last post by: MinnGreenGT on 04-27-2017 08:58 AM
California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2003 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Seanpaul:

Grate car...some day I will have a nice one too!
Ok, I know this sounds dumb but what is a SBC fiero..?

some sort of club car..??

SBC stands for Small Block Chevy, which is the nickname for GM's Chevy V8's, then there's the BBC's Big Block Chevy's.
IP: Logged
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumped for a friend.
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a little taste of the magazine before you get it.

------------------
SAVE THE SHAUN!!

88 with hot-air intake.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SCCA FIERO:

Here's a little taste of the magazine before you get it.

Thanks so much!!! Looks like a pretty decent size article, changes were made even after it was published, and it continues to get improvements to this day. You're never done in Hod Rodding!!!!

Keith Huff did an excellent job on the conversion, which he spend 3 solid months on to give it a real Factory Install Look. It has held up extremely well since 1993 with only a couple heli-coils required in the alum adapter plate, due to numerous clutch changes over the years.

Tom

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 04-07-2003).]

Elenor84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Elenor84Click Here to visit Elenor84's HomePageSend a Private Message to Elenor84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cali, any possibility of a "History of CaliforniaKid's Car"????
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Elenor84:

Anything you want to know specifically????

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2003 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumped by request.
webqaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2003 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webqazClick Here to visit webqaz's HomePageSend a Private Message to webqazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, California Kid I happen to live right by that bowling alley (its located on Gratiot right?). What city do you live in because Id love to see that car!

------------------
'85 SE 4 Speed
----------------------
No Cat
Holley Scoup
Holley Throttle Body

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2003 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by webqaz:

Wow, California Kid I happen to live right by that bowling alley (its located on Gratiot right?). What city do you live in because Id love to see that car!

You got the place right, Continental Lanes at 13 mile. Live over by Lakeside Mall and generally try to make Cruise Nights at Continental, Mt. Clemens, Wild Woody's at Gratiot/14, Bakers in Milford, plus a bunch of other places. Cruis'news list quite a selection of places to go to every night of the week. Depends on the flavor of the day on where I might end up.

Will be working on the car over the next month before doing a lot of cruising, and hopefully the weather will improve (last few days pretty nice). When I get in Cruis-in mode I'll post where I'll likely be on a given night.

FieroHarry

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2003 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kid Ive said it before and I'll say it again.
Damn fine car!

(now where's a bank I can rob to buy my V-8 kit)

------------------

"If you want to blend in, take the bus!"
fieroharry@yahoo.com
FOCOSEVA & CFOG-I
FieroHarryW AOIM

webqaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2003 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webqazClick Here to visit webqaz's HomePageSend a Private Message to webqazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet, please do! Maybe one day Ill happen to run into you (not litterally)!

------------------
'85 SE 4 Speed
----------------------
No Cat
Holley Scoup
Holley Throttle Body

PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2003 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroHarry:
Kid Ive said it before and I'll say it again.
Damn fine car!
(now where's a bank I can rob to buy my V-8 kit)

Thanks!!!

Sometimes good things come with time and effort. I didn't own this car until I was nearly 50 and took the last 4 years pouring money and labor into it to bring it where it is today. The Fiero is a fine platform to create your dream car, and you can take your time doing it. I would only suggest that if you want to bring to the level I'm at, don't make it a daily driver, treat it with respect and make it last as the car will satisfy all your dreams for years to come.

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2003 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread is great!

Kid, your car is an awsome example of what Fieros are all about, and capable of. You have brought your Fiero to the brink of its potential, must feel good.

Thought i would bump this back up since this thread and car are great for inspiring others who have similar goals, or giving them new ones.

I totally look forward to seeing you and your car at the 20th

------------------
-Monkey

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2003 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Elenor84:

Here's a short history for those reading this thread:
The car was purchased new in 1988 by a Lady Teacher near LA CA. She drove the car for about one year and decided it didn't have enough room for her. At that time Charlie Williams (ex-racer for the Porsche Factory Team) had read up on the '88 GT, driven a couple new ones at dealerships, and really liked the car (he was in the market for a work commuter vehicle with a little spirit). Charlie quickly racked up 90,000 miles on the car, and by this time he knew just what it needed to be a real street/track killer.

Charlie contacted Keith Huff at FieroMotorsports in the LA area and put a plan in action with Keith to basically turn it into a "Supercar" that would be at home on the track and street. Charlie advised Keith to take his time, make it right, make it look like it came out of the factory that way. Keith expended many hours over a 3 month period along with Charlie to select parts, research/make proper modications, and make modifications to the car. When it was finished, Charlie and Keith took about the next two years dialing the car in as Charlie pushed the limits on Tracks, and Streets finding the limits of the car. The performance surprised both of them as things came together and a few articles were published on the car.

Shortly after this period, I'm sitting here in Michigan with an '86 GT 4spd and an '87 GT Auto (still have it) that I'm thinking of converting very similar to what Charlie had done to his. I had already done my homework on what I wanted to do, but it would probably take me a year to do the job right. I had the cash, so I put a few calls out to Fiero Clubs asking if they knew of anyone who had a "Top Notch" V8 Conversion that might be in the market to sell. Enter Keith Huff, who advised me he knew of one that he personally converted , that the owner had a new set of priorities, and may be interested in selling. Keith passed my name and phone to Charlie.

Charlie contacted me and explained that what he was really interested in, is that the car go to someone that would take the project further, and respect the car. We hit it off over a couple phone calls, the next thing I knew, I was on a plane to LA, and bought the car. To this day, Charlie and I still swap some e-mails back and forth on the latest developments to the car. He admires what I've done to the car and wishes he hadn't sold it because it was the most fun car he had ever owned.

So that's basically the history of "California Kid" I came up with the name for the car on the drive back from CA. Late one night crusin' along at pretty high speed, the old Hot Rod movie named "The California Kid" (Martin Sheen ) crossed my mind. The general theme of the hot rod in the movie and my car were similar, and with my cars roots in CA it just seemed to click.

So that's it, hope you enjoyed this string, I appreciate all the compliments and pm's that I have received from all of you!

Tom

fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2003 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
great story, i love your car! How much do you want for it!? LOL j/k, seriosuly though a killer ride, and nice story.

------------------

www.geocities.com/j_depies
step into the fiero kingdom

88-DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2003 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88-DOHCSend a Private Message to 88-DOHCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering where you got your spoiler. I have seen those a couple of other cars, but they are different then the usual IRM wrap around spoiler.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2003 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88-DOHC:

I was wondering where you got your spoiler. I have seen those a couple of other cars, but they are different then the usual IRM wrap around spoiler.

Ordered it directly from IRM about 2 years ago along with a chin spoiler. Had the whale tail bonded on when the car went in for the Viper Yellow paint job. Chin spoiler never made it on because I barely get into my driveway now with out scraping the front end.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2003 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

California Kid

9541 posts
Member since Jul 2001
For us Northerner's the new season is upon us. The "Kid" is back on the road with a completely 'overhauled' low mileage Getrag with a few extras thrown it. The gear sets / shafts were all Ultrasonically Hardened / Stress Relieved. A new QuarterMaster 7.25 Pro Series pressure plate and disks were installed , Phantom Posi parts were added to the differential to help spread the torque to both halfshafts for increased life of the Mark Williams Racing axles with stock CV's. The trans is also setup with Rodney's short shift bracket, lever, and, selector bushing kit. Just to give you an idea of cost associated, from the trans out to the wheels were talking around $5,100 to duplicate this setup.

The car is running awesome (engine tune-up with a few new parts) and feels very good with the Phantom Posi unit. In fact it's running so fast and hard that I may need a little help from QuarterMaster on the clutch setup as I've noticed some minor slip after some city driving. QuarterMaster changed the clutch lining compound about a year back due to health reasons for manufacturing, and it appears the pressure plate springs may have to be adjusted for more force with this new compound. Time will tell, I have 400 miles on the new disks, and they seem to be improving. With cold disks this beast will lift both front wheels on a hard take off, not that I make a practice of this, but I did load the tranny quite heavily a couple times as a test.

Still a little cool in Michigan to really enjoy going out to a cruise night, so I guess it's a good time to do other things on the car that I've been putting off for a long time. As I've said before, in hot rodding, you're never done!!!

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2003 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car is awe inspiring. My next conversion will be a sbc. It just sounds like fun to have the power to play with the big boys. I'll be running with mustangs while your running with vipers!

------------------

87GT 4.9 in progress!

FieroSkank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2003 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSkankSend a Private Message to FieroSkankEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HOT SEX that is a nice car!!!
You beat a viper? Damn i have to get me a LT1... or an LS1.
Just wish i had more money to complete this goal! If anybody has a V8 kit they want to test before selling... ASK ME!!! i'll do it.. i'll even give them whatever money i do have. Probably accompanied by any good fiero parts i have lying around they might want.
Seriously i needs me a V8! i'm sick with the fiero bug and i need to up my doseage!
Well, i do realize this is a pretty far off long shot that this will come through. But a man's gotta try.
-FieroSkank.

------------------

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2003 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make sure the trunk is filled with Bounty...

fyi: the history of the other kid http://www.so-calspeedshop.com/projectcars/calkid/calkid.html

PFF
System Bot
GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2003 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey tom, have you ever thpught about driving to a field or somewhere with really nice scenery, taking some really nice pictures and writing up a couple papers of details and stories and sending it to Hot Rod to possibly get a full multi-page write up?

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed
16 years old and already selling my stuff to pay for repairs to my Fiero...which i sold my stuff to buy in the first place

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2003 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Make sure the trunk is filled with Bounty...

fyi: the history of the other kid http://www.so-calspeedshop.com/projectcars/calkid/calkid.html

LOL, Thanks for the link, that was pretty entertaining, I saved it!!!

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2003 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

California Kid

9541 posts
Member since Jul 2001

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

Hey tom, have you ever thpught about driving to a field or somewhere with really nice scenery, taking some really nice pictures and writing up a couple papers of details and stories and sending it to Hot Rod to possibly get a full multi-page write up?

Yep! Thought of it, but one of the problems in Metro Eastern Detroit is finding a good backdrop setting for the car believe it or not. The concrete jungle just isn't a nice setting to shot the car in. Think I'll end up having to drive at least an hour out of my area to find a nice area that I can get the car into, may end up going back up near Frankenmuth.

Hot Rod is really touchy, they want 8 X 10 Glossy Print Photos, I tried sending hi-meg electronic photos, but they said they'd need the Glossies and negatives. Someday I just may fit this into my schedule and break out the Nikon Photomic 35mm.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2003 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

California Kid

9541 posts
Member since Jul 2001

Originally posted by FieroSkank:

HOT SEX that is a nice car!!!

Better than sex!!!! You can get it whenever you want (well at least till winter sets in, then real sex takes over! ).

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2003 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Yep! Thought of it, but one of the problems in Metro Eastern Detroit is finding a good backdrop setting for the car believe it or not. The concrete jungle just isn't a nice setting to shot the car in.

1. Scott Fountain on Belle Isle
2. roof of Cobo - get the Ren Cen
3. McDonalds at Woodward and 13
4. with Uniroyal Tire in background
5. Rouge plant
6. Cranbrook
7. Meadowbrook
8. Hazel Park Raceway
9. Milan
10.MIS
11.Widetrack Dr.
12.any/all (in?) entrance to proving grounds

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2003 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

1. Scott Fountain on Belle Isle
2. roof of Cobo - get the Ren Cen
3. McDonalds at Woodward and 13
4. with Uniroyal Tire in background
5. Rouge plant
6. Cranbrook
7. Meadowbrook
8. Hazel Park Raceway
9. Milan
10.MIS
11.Widetrack Dr.
12.any/all (in?) entrance to proving grounds

Response to locations:
1. Need a bodyguard!
2. Need a bodyguard!
3. Make sure insurance is paid, probably get rear-ended by people cruising the meat factory.
4. Uniroyal Sucks!
5. Rouge Plant Sucks!
6. Cranbrook, won't let you leave road.
7. Meadowbrook, won't let you leave road.
8. Hazel Park Raceway......horsesh$t!
9. Milan.....maybe???
10. MIS.....if I could get on track!
11. Widetrack Drive.....it's just a business loop.
12. Entrance to Milford PG......not that great.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions, I'll find a place sooner or later. On the bright side it looks like the new clutch disks have 'seated', just hit 450 miles and it didn't slip today. This sucker is real nasty laying down twin black patches, normally don't get this agressive with it, clutch had me a little upset though!!! Looks like QM new compound takes a little longer to seat in versus the old stuff.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2003 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Response to locations:
1. Need a bodyguard!
2. Need a bodyguard!

Not if you go in daylight on Sunday - Thursday.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2003 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for Kameo Kid.
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2003 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump for Kameo Kid.

Thanks Buddy that should do it..

------------------

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2003 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Holy Cow, 165+?

Eerily nonexistent: Roll cage

That is one awesome machine. The men who put time in on it should be very proud.

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 05-24-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2003 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Holy Cow, 165+?

Eerily nonexistent: Roll cage

That is one awesome machine. The men who put time in on it should be very proud.

Thanks Will!

Crunching some numbers the car should 'Tach Out' just below 180mph. From the way it felt at 165, air resistance isn't an issue that would prevent it from getting there.

The Fiero doesn't really need a roll bar, the chassis construction is the best that has ever come out of GM and has been compared to full tubular race chassis in terms of performance. I've even seen crash photos of trucks sitting on the roof without the Fiero roof caving in.

The people who have had a hand creating this car stay in touch and follow the progress on this car. In it's modified form, it's been on the road for 10 years and I'm sure the contributors to the changes are very proud of what this car has developed into.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumped for new member.
cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Calif. Kid,
I was wondering if you have ever posted the buildup of your fiero mods?

See, I also have a zumalt kit, and I am wondering what mods you have done to the kit to mke it work for you. For instance, what did you do with the oil filter bypass adapter to keep it from leaking. Also, what kind of starter/starter mounting are you using. I would like to know what clutch you are using as weel. In a nutshell I would like to konw everything! . I will appreciate anything you post.

P.S. Sweet car!

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks "cyrus88"!!!

I haven't done a full 'build-up' article on the car, because it would be a tremendous job. Some of the changes even before I purchased it were not documented with the little specifics of the change or modification.

"SCCA Fiero" was kind enough to 'give me' his only copy of "Kit Car" which contains a build article on this car (thanks again to SCCA Fiero). While I still haven't taken the time to fully read this article, I know that changes were made after the article was written. The build articles from 'Fiero Owners Magazine', and 'Kit Car' are to large to post here on the Forum. You can pm me with your e-mail address and I'll send you photo images of the articles (still have to take photos on the Kit Car article).

There is a 'Show Spec' sheet on page 1 of this string that may have some of the answers you're looking for. Zumalt kit mods are kind of a gray area, as I didn't do the work. Didn't know there was a problem with the oil filter by-pass leaking, mine hasn't spilled a drop since it was installed. The starter is a Hi-Torque Tilton (will see if I can dig the PN out), also hasn't been touched since it was installed in 1993. The flywheel was custom machined to accept the Quarter Master 7.25 Pro-Series Double Disk Clutch Assembly (again, it's something I don't have technical dimensions on, as it was done before I purchased the car).

Hope this helps....you can find more in 'Technical' or 'General' by using the 'Search ' feature type in California Kid, or just post your questions here and I'll try to answer.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 07-26-2003).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

California Kid

9541 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Couple of newer shots:

cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2003 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks "cyrus88"!!!

I haven't done a full 'build-up' article on the car, because it would be a tremendous job. Some of the changes even before I purchased it were not documented with the little specifics of the change or modification.

"SCCA Fiero" was kind enough to 'give me' his only copy of "Kit Car" which contains a build article on this car (thanks again to SCCA Fiero). While I still haven't taken the time to fully read this article, I know that changes were made after the article was written. The build articles from 'Fiero Owners Magazine', and 'Kit Car' are to large to post here on the Forum. You can pm me with your e-mail address and I'll send you photo images of the articles (still have to take photos on the Kit Car article).

There is a 'Show Spec' sheet on page 1 of this string that may have some of the answers you're looking for. Zumalt kit mods are kind of a gray area, as I didn't do the work. Didn't know there was a problem with the oil filter by-pass leaking, mine hasn't spilled a drop since it was installed. The starter is a Hi-Torque Tilton (will see if I can dig the PN out), also hasn't been touched since it was installed in 1993. The flywheel was custom machined to accept the Quarter Master 7.25 Pro-Series Double Disk Clutch Assembly (again, it's something I don't have technical dimensions on, as it was done before I purchased the car).

Hope this helps....you can find more in 'Technical' or 'General' by using the 'Search ' feature type in California Kid, or just post your questions here and I'll try to answer.

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2003 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

just had to add it to the thread dedicated to the car

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumped for 'SkyMutt'.
cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2003 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks "cyrus88"!!!

I haven't done a full 'build-up' article on the car, because it would be a tremendous job. Some of the changes even before I purchased it were not documented with the little specifics of the change or modification. . . .

Hey California Kid,
I tried searches and looked at everything posted about your car, but I didn't find anything on your tilton starter. Would you be able to post some pics from your setup, please? Thanks!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock