Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Selling Pontiac CD Players w/EQ + wiring adaptors (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
Selling Pontiac CD Players w/EQ + wiring adaptors by kru
Started on: 10-30-2002 11:03 PM
Replies: 521
Last post by: longjonsilver on 04-22-2008 09:17 AM
kru

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2002 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
**UPDATE #55 - 11/16/2006 - We're still selling the retro-fit Pontiac CD radio packages so I thought I would bump the thread back to the top for the Christmas season. This thread has been around for about 4 years so I keep updating this first post with any new information that may be appropriate. That way you don't have to read all 12+ pages unless you're really bored...

Here's the website link for the CD radio packages:

Fiero CD Radio Packages

I feel like the packages are an excellent value, if you compare what you would have to pay for all the components separately. Plus, you get installation instructions, a warranty, support and a wealth of knowledge.

Thanks again for helping to make www.replacementradios.com a success.

-------------------------------------------------------
Please check out the website for Fiero and non-Fiero radios. In addition to Fiero CD kits, we also carry radios for many late-model Olds, Buick, Chevy, GMC, Pontiac, Saturn, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, volkswagen and Honda vehicles. The site is not representative of all the stock we carry, so email if you need a different application.
-------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

Hello fellow Fiero lovers. If you're interested in adding a stock looking Pontiac CD/Radio to your Fiero, you've found the right post. I have a number of genuine Pontiac UP3 CD/Radios with Equalizers that will fit in our Fieros with simple wiring and antenna adapters (INCLUDED). Once installed, they look just like they were meant to be there. They've got the amber (red) Pontiac lighting, the dark gray face with the lighter gray buttons, along with the Delco and Pontiac logos (names).

If you've been looking into this, you know what I'm talking about. If you need more information, you can do a search on this site (or read some of the replies to this post) and find numerous happy people who have already done this swap.

Anyway, I can get the complete CD w/EQ package to your door (in the continental US) for $179.99. That price includes the Pontiac UP3 CD/Radio with Equalizer, the new wiring harness adapter, the new antenna adapter, installation instructions, a 45 day warranty and insured shipping. There are various other versions of the packages as well. Some of them are a little less and the Monsoon version is a little more. You can find all the packages at:

www.replacementradios.com

These radios are used, but have been tested and are in good working and physical condition so I even give you a warranty. The wiring and antenna adapters plug directly into the existing wiring harness and antenna jack and then into the back of the radio. There is no wiring experience required for this swap! (*If you have the factory sub, you will have to splice a couple wires within the adapter, but I will provide you with instructions for this mod.)

I include detailed instructions with your radio that should answer all your questions and guide you through the swap. It is EASY!!

And yes, I have DEACTIVATED the TheftLock on all my radios so you won't have to pay the $30-$50 that dealerships are getting for this 'service.'

If you prefer, you can go to eBay, but the price will be a little higher because of their fees. My eBay User-id is replacementradios.

For those of you unfamiliar with the UP3 radio, here is a picture of one:

If you would like to see a picture of one already in a Fiero, you will find some in a few of the responses to this post.

If you're interested, but have more questions, please respond here and/or send me an email at radios@replacementradios.com.

As for payment, I accept Paypal from the website or directly at:

radios@replacementradios.com

or money orders at:

Replacement Radios
PO Box 1051
Effingham, IL 62401

Thanks.

-Kevin

[This message has been edited by kru (edited 11-16-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post
I'm in. LMK when you get enough interest. BUMP

------------------
Nick
AIM: Naskie182010 www.naskie18.com

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm inteerested, but probably couldn't do anything till Dec. at the earliest??

LMK

------------------

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Same here... I might be interested in a couple but not for a month or so.

------------------

Darth Vader

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth VaderSend a Private Message to Darth VaderDirect Link to This Post
You got mail.

------------------
You Don't Know the Power of the Darkside

sacroman45

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sacroman45Send a Private Message to sacroman45Direct Link to This Post
I would like to have one. but I need to get it fast, because i am running out of money and I won't have any later. Please let me know soon. Thanks
mark
TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested. Money is tight at the moment, but I should be in good shape in a month.
Quill474

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quill474Send a Private Message to Quill474Direct Link to This Post
Kevin,

Do you have the cd player, or tape perferably from a 99 taho, ot that model. I had one, and chende the led colars from green to red, and that was a cool factory looking radio. Do you have any, I need another one for my fathers fiero???

How much

Thanks
Quill474

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
That price is great. For anyone who has looked on ebay, You will find them going to about $125 if you get the good end of the deal. add in the cost of shipping, wiring harness, and antenna adapter and your at about $150. I would rather buy one from someone on here, than go to another board or try to save $10 one ebay. I have one in my Yellow formula and love it. I would love one in my other fiero, and LadyKissMySS wants one for her SE.

with that said, I am in the same boat as others, No money, cuz we just moved.

How soon do you have to buy this source? Also, does this source have tape players as well, and what do they cost.
TIA.

------------------
Two 88FORMULAS Red & Yellow
SSFiero@Aol.com

[This message has been edited by KissMySSFiero (edited 10-31-2002).]

fieroman_5000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman_5000Send a Private Message to fieroman_5000Direct Link to This Post
I too would like to be informed when availablility is there. I am in!

Fieroman

------------------
~ Shane
AIM: fieroman500

Love it, admire it....tear it apart!

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Quill474,

I can probably get you one of those for the same cost, but I would need a picture of it. I want to make sure we're talking about the same radio. If you can find a picture of one on eBay or anywhere on 'the net', point me to it.

Everyone else,

I'm getting some interest for this package, so I'm planning on placing an order for 5 of them initially. If you said you wanted one, I'll be contacting you individually to arrange payment.

If I need to order more, I can, so keep your requests coming.

Thanks.

-Kevin

PFF
System Bot
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post

kru

611 posts
Member since Jun 2002
KissMySSFiero,

The Pontiac cassette units are not currently in stock, but I can get them to your door for $100 in the continental US via FedEx Ground.

Let me know if you're in.

Thanks.

-Kevin

[This message has been edited by kru (edited 12-19-2002).]

F86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F86GTSend a Private Message to F86GTDirect Link to This Post
i'd be in too. but i won't have the money until about december like some of the other people on here. i would definately like one though. if you can hold off for a month that'd be great
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Is everyone planning on getting money in their Christmas stocking?
naskie18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by kru:
Is everyone planning on getting money in their Christmas stocking?

I'm thinking I'll be stuck with coal...we'll see

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Alright!! We're good to go. I've got 5 Pontiac CD players w/EQ and 1 Pontiac cassette coming. I don't think I have all of them spoken for, so please send me an email if you want one. And don't worry if you don't get in on this order, as I can always get more.

For those of you who've already said you're in, I'll be contacting you shortly.

As I said before, I'll be taking payment through PayPal or Money Order.

Thanks.

-Kevin

[This message has been edited by kru (edited 02-02-2003).]

[This message has been edited by kru (edited 11-22-2004).]

connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
Im in too, BUT I too have X-mas to contend with and will have to wait till Dec the earliest. Here is my email if I forget dsmall@harthosp.org
naskie18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Alright!! We're good to go. I've got 5 Pontiac CD players w/EQ and 1 Pontiac cassette coming. I don't think I have all of them spoken for, so please send me an email if you want one. And don't worry if you don't get in on this order, as I can always get more.

Oh yeah, one other thing. These units have a 30 day guarantee on them from my supplier, so if you get one and it's got something wrong with it, I can get you a replacement if we're still within that window.

Thanks.

-Kevin

How long do you think it'll take you to get them and ship them to us? Yes, I know, I'm very impatient

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
The radios are being shipped out tomorrow. I should receive them next Monday or Tuesday. I should be able to turn them around the same day, which means the soonest you could expect to get one would be the end of next week (Nov 8th.) If you're on the West Coast (or in a neighboring state), it might take a day or two longer.

-Kevin

Zoom88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post
I want one also. Just let me know when.

------------------

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
OK. I just finished emailing all of you that said you were in at this time. It looks as if I may have one CD player and one cassette player still available. Please email me (using the link at the top of this reply) if you are interested. OR, post a reply here. I will contact you to give you payment details.

For those of you who might be more interested in the December timeframe, I'll be keeping this thread alive, since I am planning additional package purchases.

If any of you have more than one Fiero (which seems pretty common here) and are planning on purchasing more than one of these packages, you can take $10 off each package after the first one. The only caveat being that the shipping address must be the same for all of them.

Also, if someone out there has a picture of one of these radios in a Fiero, I'd appreciate it if you could post it in this thread. It might be helpful to some of those who are undecided. It really is a sharp looking set-up!

Keep the requests coming.

Thanks.

-Kevin

PFF
System Bot
RRobinson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RRobinsonSend a Private Message to RRobinsonDirect Link to This Post
These CD players are sweet. I have 5 of them in the Fieros, and a "Monsoon" one in the T/A. Great sound, great stocker look.

------------------
RR
88GT Red 5-Speed...5.5K
88GT Red Auto...40K
87GT Blue 5-Speed...17K
87GT Black 5-Speed...55K
86GT Red 5-Speed...42K
85GT Black Auto...63K
02 Trans Am WS6 6-Speed

Wanted: Low mileage/all original Canadian 88 GTs/Formulas/84 Indys

litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Kevin...email sent...

------------------

Mike...86 GT 4 Speed
"Sucks to be me..."

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
You have mail. I would like one of the CD players
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
I would like one (CD player) - let me know when it is available

------------------
Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL
87 Green T-Top GT 5Spd SBC V8
88 Yellow T-Top GT, 4.9L Caddy, 4T60E

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Hi,
My Cadero project could use one (CD Type) count me in for one, let me know. Can these fit the factory Fiero sub setup?
Thanks
S.WIlliams
wants one even if the factory sub is not supported.
1988 Fiero
1987 Fiero (4.9 project)
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
I have one out of a 1999 grand am in my 84 fiero looks ggggggood and works great. I will have to look to see if I can find a picture.
Techguy999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Techguy999Click Here to visit Techguy999's HomePageSend a Private Message to Techguy999Direct Link to This Post

Oh yeah, one other thing. These units have a 30 day guarantee on them from my supplier, so if you get one and it's got something wrong with it, I can get you a replacement if we're still within that window.

Thanks.

-Kevin

Kevin -- I'm in. I can pay now. LMK.

tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
here ya go......

[This message has been edited by tgowens (edited 10-31-2002).]

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2002 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics tgowens.

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2002 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

I have one CD player and one cassette still available. Please email me for payment instructions. I take PayPal or money orders. The price for the CD/Radio is $150. The price for the cassette/radio is actually only $125. (I had previously posted $130.) These prices include the adapters (new) and shipping in the continental US.

PFF
System Bot
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2002 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Tom Corey

838 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Not sure what happened there, but I've already emailed you on this forum that I want one - so what do I have to do now to get you to read your mail????

I have one CD player and one cassette still available. Please email me for payment instructions. I take PayPal or money orders. The price for the CD/Radio is $150. The price for the cassette/radio is actually only $125. (I had previously posted $130.) These prices include the adapters (new) and shipping in the continental US.

------------------
Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL
87 Green T-Top GT 5Spd SBC V8
88 Yellow T-Top GT, 4.9L Caddy, 4T60E

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2002 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
I've responded to all the emails I've gotten up to this point. If you didn't get a response to an email you sent me, I must not have received your email.I will email you at the address you are registered with here.

I have a couple other people who posted here that they are interested as well. I have one CD player (maybe two, if I decide to sell the one I was getting for myself) and one cassette player available.

I'll be ordering another batch of these radios early next week. There seems to be enough interest that I might just start carrying these all the time.

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2002 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post

kru

611 posts
Member since Jun 2002
The best way to reach me is to send an email to:

radios@replacementradios.com

[This message has been edited by kru (edited 11-05-2003).]

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2002 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
you got mail...
Techguy999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2002 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Techguy999Click Here to visit Techguy999's HomePageSend a Private Message to Techguy999Direct Link to This Post

All,

The best way to reach me is to send an email to madproducts@hotmail.com I can check that account from work and home.

Thanks.

-Kevin

Kevin --

You got mail.

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2002 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
I've officially sold all the CD players I have coming in the first batch. There are still several of you wanting one, so I will be ordering more on Monday. So...if you want one but didn't get in yet, keep the emails coming.

This package includes a new harness adapter, a new antenna adapter and shipping. If no one is interested, I'll be throwing it on eBay. My user id there is replacementradios.

Thanks.

-Kevin

[This message has been edited by kru (edited 11-05-2003).]

foxgapfiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2002 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for foxgapfieroSend a Private Message to foxgapfieroDirect Link to This Post
Kevin, I'll take one of the CD players when you get the next shipment. I'll send you e-mail also.

------------------
Mark Hoagland
861/2GT 3.4 5-speed
88GT T-Top yellow
86SE 2M6 auto

litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2002 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Kevin, funds have been sent via Paypal, and an email has been sent...I'll take one of the CD players you get in the second batch.
gt boy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2002 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt boySend a Private Message to gt boyDirect Link to This Post
check your e-mail kev.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock