ricer kills by thor842m4
Started on: 10-22-2004 07:48 PM
Replies: 196 (4001 views)
Last post by: wkayl on 11-04-2004 01:11 AM
thor842m4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thor842m4Send a Private Message to thor842m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can someone post some vids of there cars street racing some ricers?
and winning never seen any!

thanks
peace

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lex

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 217
User Banned

Report this Post10-22-2004 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thor842m4:

can someone post some vids of there cars street racing some ricers?
and winning never seen any!

thanks
peace

The weather here really sucks for racing right now, but hopefully I will be getting some footage of Porvette's 944 kicking the crap out of a nitrous fed duke this weekend.

Dammit Jay, I know you read this forum, when are you going quite being a coward a get a S/C?

[This message has been edited by Lex (edited 10-22-2004).]

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
believe this is Will's car on the forum... N* motor

http://formula.cryptnix.com/FIEROvs300ZX1.wmv

right click save as

------------------
Fiero Formula | AudioFreeze | CarDomain

[This message has been edited by LoW_KeY (edited 10-22-2004).]

VA RICR-ETR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VA RICR-ETRSend a Private Message to VA RICR-ETREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've just set up a video camera at teh front and back of my 88 GT, should get some good footage soon. By the way, you'll love my license plates:

1988 GT has MPRT-BTR (import beater)
1987 SE has RICR-ETR (ricer eater)

------------------
Kris Bulla
kbulla@victorytechnologies.com

trigger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2004 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for triggerSend a Private Message to triggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how bout videos of 75% of the fieros on here not being fast enough to outrun a stock dsm, or subaru, or evo, let alone modded cars. you guys are worthless.

------------------
88 fiero coupe. 2.8/5 spd (last driven sept 02)
90 eclipse. 4g63t, the replacement for displacement

GT 2m6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 04:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT 2m6Send a Private Message to GT 2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trigger:

how bout videos of 75% of the fieros on here not being fast enough to outrun a stock dsm, or subaru, or evo, let alone modded cars. you guys are worthless.

WTF, okay the WRX is $25k and the Evo is over $30k... the top line Fiero GT was what, $13k lol. Compare those Subarus and Evos to the $100k Ford GT, fair enough?

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It would take less money to make a fiero a 9 sec car then a evo or spider

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmm evo, wrx are all forced inductioned motors. If the fiero would've gotten the turbo from the factory would've been a more fair comparison.
Mastermind

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 207
User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2004 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

hmm evo, wrx are all forced inductioned motors. If the fiero would've gotten the turbo from the factory would've been a more fair comparison.

A Fiero with a stock 3800SC would be a fairer comparison.

VA RICR-ETR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VA RICR-ETRSend a Private Message to VA RICR-ETREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trigger:

I agree the WRX and EVO are pretty fine cars..... But you said stock. That's like saying take a 'stock' Firehawk against something. These cars are anything but 'stock'. If you want to be accurate, than it would be 'take a stock Impreza or Lancer'. Trust me, the stock versions of those cars are terrible and I whip them frequently. Heck, even my wife's stock Saturn SL2 will whip either of cars stock anyday. Sorry.

Talking big isn't necessarily a bad thing, you just have to know when to do it and how. Always be sure you are comparing apples to apples. How stupid would it sound if I said 'My C5 could take your Kia Sephia anyday'.

I agree with the other posters that say to take a forced induction Fiero to compare to the WRX and EVO. This would be more apples to apples. SC or turboed, doesn't matter, both will likely make the drivers of the WRX and EVO at least sweat a little bit, if not make him cry.

Take care - be careful racing....

------------------
Kris Bulla
kbulla@victorytechnologies.com

The Funkmaster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You sound bitter. Throw a turbo on your car and you'll feel better.

PFF
System Bot
zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My stock V6 wont take the cars you say (which BTW arnt rice if they are stock dumbas*).
worthless? I've smoked enough ricers.

U'z a B**ch!

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2004 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haha! I'm in the 25%!
KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How come it always seems every thread latly turns into a mess like this

------------------
1988 Fierhoe Formula 2M6 5 Speed - CRX Intake, NOS dry kit, ZEX Ejector Air Amplifier, Taylor Wires, NGK UR5 plugs, MSD 6AL Ignition /w 2 step rev control, MSD Blaster 3 coil, WCF dog bone, WCF engine mount, Autometer Ultra-Lite guages (A/F,Vac.), KYB GR2's, Sequential turn signals, Rapid 3rd brake light.... Anyone want to buy my engine/tranny?
Recurring donator
1995 Honduh civic EX - turbocharged B18B1 13.2 @ 107 on stock internals and junk yard turbo set up with PVC pipe

trigger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2004 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for triggerSend a Private Message to triggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
evolution and lancer are two diferent platforms. im talking stock for stock. im just sick of so many people spewing **** out of their asses about imports sucking on this forum. a fiero with a stock 3800sc isn't a stock car. a turbocharged evolution is a stock car. a turbocharged eclipse came stock. would it have been so hard to post a thread titled "kill vids"? as opposed to something as asinine as "ricer kills". i realize that there are some quick cars on here, obviously people who post stuff like this don't have them, or they would be making their own vids.

funkmaster, my eclipse is turbo and awd.

zmack, easy to hide behind your excuses and call me a ***** . if your car can't hang, don't be bitter, do something about it.

------------------

Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My car has a stock NA 3.4 DOHC in it and it will kill a stock eclipse turbo awd of any year ..been there done that a few times. I've beat a couple of WRX's as well. It may not be stock from the factory, but it would have been had GM not killed the Fiero in 88. The 89 prototype had one installed. Imagine how the Fiero would have evolved especially since it would be competing with the Mr2 turbo. A turbo DOHC v6 probably

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 10-23-2004).]

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok... everyone that has an import... i think he used this term ricer a bit to liberally... i dont think that it was intended to insult anyone... personally i hate MOST japanese imports but i like some such as the mr2, supra, nsx, SOME eclipse's, etc. so if you were insulted go to a "ricer" board and bash the fiero...

AND WHERE ARE THE VIDZ!!!!
------------------
'86 Fiero GT

My Fiero XoticRydz
Mid-Rear Madness

[This message has been edited by TaurusThug (edited 10-23-2004).]

trigger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2004 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for triggerSend a Private Message to triggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

My car has a stock NA 3.4 DOHC in it and it will kill a stock eclipse turbo awd of any year ..been there done that a few times. I've beat a couple of WRX's as well. It may not be stock from the factory, but it would have been had GM not killed the Fiero in 88. The 89 prototype had one installed. Imagine how the Fiero would have evolved especially since it would be competing with the Mr2 turbo. A turbo DOHC v6 probably

what kind of times does your car run?

------------------

Mr. Pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. PatClick Here to visit Mr. Pat's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr. PatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

His setup would turn a low 14, high 13. I am also part of the 25%!

------------------
1986 GT, LT1/4T60E
http://hometown.aol.com/ptfiero/index.html
On the forum
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/045554.html
more in depth look
http://dtcc.cz28.com/LT1build/index.htm

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I haven't been to the track with the car but I estimate that I am in the high 12s to low 13s. depending on traction and shift. I have beaten about everything I've run up against on the street so far including 2 newer C5 vettes, an ls1 Firehawk and of course the imports.

Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

I haven't been to the track with the car but I estimate that I am in the high 12s to low 13s. depending on traction and shift. I have beaten about everything I've run up against on the street so far including 2 newer C5 vettes, an ls1 Firehawk and of course the imports.

Don't get me wrong, I think the 3.4DOHC is sweet in a Fiero, but I think "high 12s to low 13s" might be alittle generous if it's stock. I think Mr. Pat is probally alittle closer in his guess.

Go to the track and prove me wrong though.

------------------
Member of the Central Cartel, the Switzerland of PFF.
Bringing Moderation to the Red Green Show.

PFF
System Bot
Ambush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmbushClick Here to visit Ambush's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmbushEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok lets get real for a sec... We all have a fiero and I can guess that we all at one point pushed the $hit out of it. Now, If you have a stock fiero.....then it's slow. Let's get over that. The fiero looks good and handles good, but is slow. hell my friends stock xtera was faster in the 1/4 mile. But for those who have modded there cars, im sure you have more speed and would shock the hell out of people looking at a stck fiero. In conclusion..first some of you need to admit that the fiero is a slow car. Second STOP comparing it to newer cars that were built to be fast..back in the 80's the fiero was quick but now a saturn is faster. ANYONE in SF area if you have a stock fiero i would be willing to prove that almost any newer 6 cyl or even some 4's can beat you.
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

Don't get me wrong, I think the 3.4DOHC is sweet in a Fiero, but I think "high 12s to low 13s" might be alittle generous if it's stock. I think Mr. Pat is probally alittle closer in his guess.

Go to the track and prove me wrong though.

I plan on taking the car to the track next year. Pat's estimate is for a 5 speed getrag I'm sure. I think my estimate is right in line with my combo. I have a 4.10 four speed and it works real well with the engine. My kills only re-enforce my estimate. Even so, a high 13 low 14 second car is nothing to be ashamed of.. Of course I WOULD like to get some hard #s to flaunt on the forum for all you doubting tom-asses

FieroFiend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFiendSend a Private Message to FieroFiendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its just annoying to me when people classify all import (japanese) cars as "ricers" when the term generally is and should be used to as reference to cars that have mods that make even the most clueless go wtf?. People who truely know what they are talking about tend to be the ones who can see the good or bad in all cars. If you hate domestics or imports "just because" and have no valid reason to, thats pretty stupid. There is no reason to hate ALL japanese, korean or whatever cars.

Your not a car enthusiast if you cant appreciate cars from over seas and here.

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFiend:

Its just annoying to me when people classify all import (japanese) cars as "ricers" when the term generally is and should be used to as reference to cars that have mods that make even the most clueless go wtf?. People who truely know what they are talking about tend to be the ones who can see the good or bad in all cars. If you hate domestics or imports "just because" and have no valid reason to, thats pretty stupid. There is no reason to hate ALL japanese, korean or whatever cars.

Your not a car enthusiast if you cant appreciate cars from over seas and here.

True I like cars from all over not just domestics. Of course my favourite domestic is a Fiero and my fav import is a Ferrari but I also like vettes and toyotas too

sthtxfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sthtxfieroSend a Private Message to sthtxfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trigger:
explain to me why on a fiero based forum we are worthless? we all (everyone on this forum) understand that fieros are underdogs, underpowered dont get mad at us becuase we consider outrunning new cars with 16-20 year old cars an accomplishment. and dont get mad at us because yours hasnt moved since 02
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't consider the 300z a ricer in that video ricer.. just posted the video cause he wanted something racing

I only consider rice to be something with a huge fart can, decals all show and no go.

zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

zmack, easy to hide behind your excuses and call me a ***** . if your car can't hang, don't be bitter, do something about it.

Il'l call you the *itch that you are, if you call my car worthless.

I've use to have a boosted car that was faster then my fiero. Guess what? I still like my Fiero better.

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so.... how about some of those videos THAT THIS THREAD ASKED FOR????

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

My Fiero XoticRydz
Mid-Rear Madness

Mr. Pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. PatClick Here to visit Mr. Pat's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr. PatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TaurusThug:

so.... how about some of those videos THAT THIS THREAD ASKED FOR????

Go out and make some if you want some so bad.

------------------
1986 GT, LT1/4T60E
http://hometown.aol.com/ptfiero/index.html
On the forum
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/045554.html
more in depth look
http://dtcc.cz28.com/LT1build/index.htm

Exdeath

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2004 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ExdeathClick Here to visit Exdeath's HomePageSend a Private Message to ExdeathEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So far everyone but one person has gone off topic in this thread. Why all the fighting? Thor originally said Fieros beating some ricers, he didn't necessarily include Imprezas, Lancer EVOs, or turbo eclipses. Check your definitions of "ricer". I know mine is "A car that has useless modifications to the exterior/interior that is meant to copy F&F and/or go just for the look at me factor". Usually japanese imports like Honda Civics, Honda Accords, Acura Integras, etc fit this definition, but I have seen many "domestic ricers as well". Would anyone please get on topic and post a video of them beating a "ricer" as defined here? Better than insulting all japanese cars or arguing that Fieros suck on a pro-Fiero forum.

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, 2.8L V6 3-speed auto 37,000 miles
2000 Camaro Z28, 5.7L LS1 V8 4-speed auto 42,000 miles
My Cardomain Page

PFF
System Bot
trigger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2004 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for triggerSend a Private Message to triggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sthtxfiero:

Trigger:
explain to me why on a fiero based forum we are worthless? we all (everyone on this forum) understand that fieros are underdogs, underpowered dont get mad at us becuase we consider outrunning new cars with 16-20 year old cars an accomplishment. and dont get mad at us because yours hasnt moved since 02

i never said you were worthless. i said the **** talkers are. sorry i wasn't more specific. im not mad at anybody that the car hasn't run since 02. thats my own fault.

im not saying fieros suck. im saying people need to wake up and realize that fieros can't hang w/most stock to lightly modded street cars w/out some serious work. that is all.

zmack, you are worthless, thats all it comes down to. you car is probably a stock 2.5/auto that can't hang w/your grandmas rascal scooter.

------------------

donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2004 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car would beat your car like a little school b!tch fiero that it is.

------------------

Minister of the Church of Donk.

Azriel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2004 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AzrielSend a Private Message to AzrielEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only "rice" i beat are the retards with $10,000 in the body kit, and nothing but fancy oil in the engine. I like my fieros, but they are not fast cars. Now back to the topic of the post. He asked for viedos of fieros winning. well, if you have one, show it, if not stfu. Really not that hard.

------------------

thor842m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2004 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thor842m4Send a Private Message to thor842m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im sorry that this post caused so much flak! It really wasent my intention to piss people off.
I just wanted to see some kills to hondas acuras mitsu etc.
if a mod could please change the name to a more sutible topic name.
the reason that I ask for this is because up here thease kind of cars are everywhere and im really getting sick of it everytime I
come up to a stop light some a$$ wants to race.
of coarse I wont race him I know all lose.
im just sick of it and wanted to see them losing for a change thats all.

again im sorry dident think this would happen.

DelawareFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 139
User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2004 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DelawareFieroSend a Private Message to DelawareFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes imports DO suck. This is a Fiero forum. The F%CKING car is 20 YRS OLD. Why is that so hard to understand. No 4cyl that was made in the 80's had this kinda HP.
DUH.
RICE IS RICE. Trigger you are a RICER so I dont know why you and other people like you are here?

The whole point is if someone has 30K to spend and they get a boosted 4CYL, and they drive around like there sh!t dont stink. THEY ARE A RICER.

I understand there are SH!T talkers on here, but it doesnt matter because they are Fiero owners.

True Fiero owners will say there car is better than any other car out there. PERIOD.
Just like RICERS say that there car is better than anything else out there.

Ya know thats why this place was created. FOR FIERO LOVERS.

Dollar for Dollar the RICE will lose. Someone buys a 25K RICE mobile. yeah its ok for stock. Fiero owners put 25K in there Fiero. Whos gonna have a faster car?

Just like yesterday when Fieroprek and I were Doing 70 around a 30 corner. The little 25K RICER WRX that was behind us, didnt seem to have the confidence in his NEW car? But his GIANT WING and FARTCAN helped. whaahahahahahha.

Sorry for the rambling, went to bed late because Im doing a 3800SC swap(ya know modding my car) and Im tired. I know its not as good as a FARTCAN and NAWWZZZZ.
But Im trying.

------------------
Bottles are for babies

The Punisher

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 433
User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2004 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DelawareFiero:

RICE IS RICE.

.... and they drive around like there sh!t dont stink. THEY ARE A RICER.

Just like yesterday when Fieroprek and I were Doing 70 around a 30 corner. The little 25K RICER WRX that was behind us, didnt seem to have the confidence in his NEW car? But his GIANT WING and FARTCAN helped. whaahahahahahha.

Hmmmmm you dont' say??

And about the corner thing, maybe the AWD owner didn't feel like pushing it cause he owns a 30k car and doesnt want to wreck it. THat could have been possible. But a stock wrx in a straightline will whip up on alot of modified fieros on this board.

This thread is garbage anyways. Why did I even reply?

roys88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2004 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for roys88fieroClick Here to visit roys88fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to roys88fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We all know that each and everyone of us has different opinions, but one has to learn to keep things to himself.

True Fiero owners will say there car is better than any other car out there. PERIOD.

Agreed. Lets just leave it at that.

[This message has been edited by roys88fiero (edited 10-24-2004).]

Sean4852

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2004 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sean4852Send a Private Message to Sean4852Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes imports DO suck. This is a Fiero forum. The F%CKING car is 20 YRS OLD. Why is that so hard to understand. No 4cyl that was made in the 80's had this kinda HP.
DUH.

So are you gonna say that its unfair for the owner of a muscle car to race against your car because the muscle car is older? Come on, your car has essentially the same driveline as my dads chevy celeberty(2.5l) or my old 2.8l qeervalier. Both are slow, i'm sorry if it hurts your feelings but with the stock engines they were slow. Making excuses that since your car is older and it isn't "fair" to try and race newer boosted "ricer's" doesn't mean thier cars suck, it means your car is slow.

The whole point is if someone has 30K to spend and they get a boosted 4CYL, and they drive around like there sh!t dont stink. THEY ARE A RICER.

I paid 2100 for my "ricer" with a boosted 4cly, wanna race me? Oh wait, it probobly wouldn't be fair in your eyes since your engine is bigger so its an "unfair" race

Yes, but a true enthusiast will realize no matter what he does someone else will always have a faster car then they will.

Dollar for Dollar the RICE will lose. Someone buys a 25K RICE mobile. yeah its ok for stock. Fiero owners put 25K in there Fiero. Whos gonna have a faster car?

I'm just going to paste in something I posted earlier in this forum...

Originally posted by Sean4852:
You can get a good first gen (90-94) awd for 1500-2500 dollars, even cheaper if you want a fixer upper or dont care what the body looks like. Throw in a fuel pump($90), boost controller(can make your own for $5 or buy one for $50), boost gauge(25-100 depending on if you want fancy lights or something), full exhaust (built mine for 160, or buy one for 600-800), and a filter($40) and your into the 13's for about 3k total investment. After that you get a set of injectors ($280), SAFC($280), hack the maf (free) or get a 2g maf ($50) or a gm maft setup ($240), do some back roads tuning and your mid 12's for less than 4k total. Now throw in a front mount ($1k) , a turbo ($1k) and cams ($600)and your mid 11's for less than 7k total investment. Also note that all this is prices for brand new parts and only an average driver and tuner, no nitrous, street tires, if you are good you can go alot faster for even less by using nitrous or having it tuned very well and being a very good driver. You dont even need to open the engine unless your running > 450hp these cars, thats bang for buck

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52040&highlight=%24775

So now i've spent 7k of my 25k dollars to have a fast car so I have 18k left to go put a downpayment down on a house or another fast car or just go blow it on beer and strippers or something, how bout you?

Sorry for the rambling, went to bed late because Im doing a 3800SC swap(ya know modding my car) and Im tired. I know its not as good as a FARTCAN and NAWWZZZZ.
But Im trying.

I'm modding my car too, I think alot of people are doing it...

Also, I belive I have already participated in the disscussion on fart cans on this forum so i'm not even going to go there again.

Racing isn't about being fair, racing is about who's car is faster. No matter what year, make, model, displacement, induction type, # of cylinders, or driveline configuration.

------------------

There is no replacement for: AWD, high rpm's and very very big turbo's

[This message has been edited by Sean4852 (edited 10-24-2004).]

Wesley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2004 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WesleySend a Private Message to WesleyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im not trying to start anything sean but I just have a question....do you even own a fiero or do you even like them or are you just here to brag on your "ricer" and put down on the fiero?

------------------

Member of the "Im Tired Of All The Flame Wars" committee ITOATFW

[This message has been edited by Wesley (edited 10-24-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave