ricer kills by thor842m4
Started on: 10-22-2004 07:48 PM
Replies: 196 (4001 views)
Last post by: wkayl on 11-04-2004 01:11 AM
Sean4852

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sean4852Send a Private Message to Sean4852Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CertifiedMechanic:

Lets discuss Trigger's small penis problem. You dont need a university college education like myself to realize this. But because I like writing research papers. Lets take a look.

For the last time nobody f*cking cares what kind of education you have. Do you feel you must keep flaunting the fact that you can memorize a book good enough to pass a couple tests because you dont know how to apply what that you acctually learn instead of just memorizing the answers for a test so you can get a piece of paper that says you think you know wtf your talking about?

If your such an awsome engineer why not show us the new piston that you designed or the new head design or a new lightweight aluminum/carbon/kevlar body structure for a fiero? Acctually prove that you know what your talking about instead of saying "well i got this piece of paper and it says i'm smart"

Anyone see the hate? We are simply worthless. The people who leave their fieros in stock condition to the ones who spend a few grand to make theirs more up to date with technology.

He was saying that alot of people (not just fieros) have cars that are slow stock and want to see videos of fast versions of thier car beating up on other cars so they can tell other people "well so and so's car beat a car just like the one you have so dont even try racing me cause i'll kill ya" negating pretty much all mods and driver skills relating just that it was a car model A that beat a car model B therefore all car model A's are faster than car model B's. Instead people should be making thier own cars fast instead of just wanting to see some slow cars race some other slow cars

everyone, hold back. He works on cars everyday but cant get his fiero working for the last 2 years.
Maybe my assumption is right. He drains oil, removes oil filter, installs filter, sometimes puts the drain plug back in, and adds oil. You know, the idiot at firestone that does the oil change.

Maybe your assumption is wrong and there are other reasons why it doesn't run, perhaps he hasn't worked on it... You do not know what he does at his job, you do not have esp, you have not seen him at his job so stfu.

Really? It only costs 20 dollars to get a turbo from a junk yard. But 30K goes into putting all the "bling bling" effect into a ricer.

I dont know exactly how much a fiero cost new but I used an inflation calculator with 15k for the price of an 88 gt as an estimate, if i'm off on that price someone correct me. Now with the inflation calculator I got about 25k as what an 88 gt would cost today. Thats pretty close to what the new evo's are costing at around 28k dollars worth of "bling bling" If you dont like that comparison then look at the cost of the srt-4's, thier around 20k, thier a family sedan with a 4 cly... The turbo is the least of the cost of these cars, designing and building an engine and chassi to hold all the power while still being able to be well mannered on the street for mama grocery getter is what costs the money.

Theres more benefits with getting a 3800 then a turbo. Anyone can go 12 seconds with a turbo. But turbos suck at low end torque and lag. And eventhough there are people with SC 3800 that can reach or have 12 seconds car. Are you jealous now?

What are the more benifits? Just saying there are more and not saying them is like me saying my dads s10 is better than his c1500. Nobody really cares if you dont give the reasons.

My car has a nice broad powerband, from 3k-7500 rpms. And I can cruise at 1500rpms at 50mph just fine, obviously i'm not going to be breaking any acceleration records if I try to race from 1500 rpms but there's this thing in my car. They call it a shifter and if you move it around to differnt places it changes the engines rpm to speed ratio and if you choose the right one you will land right in the sweet spot of your power band when you need to be and not complain about turbolag because you dont know how to work it. And no i'm not jealous, I respect the person for making a nice car.

what else do you do with Sean. No wait, dont tell us.

Again with the personal attacks. Quit hiding behind the computer screen and meet me if you want to talk big like that, I live in Epworth, IA. White house with a blue talon parked out front. Talk is cheap, are you ready to back up all this **** you keep talking? Didnt think so as you keep avoiding it every time I say something about it.

Never heard of DSMs having piston problems. I thought your a mechanic and would "know" instead of "heard" You dont need detonation to ruin a piston. oh ya we all forgot your a mechanic. detonation must be the only way a piston fails

Nobody ever said that was the only way a piston fails. I said "With the proper supporting mods and tuning an engine should never fail" Engine internals ARE a supporting mod. If you are making enough power that you may have enough cylinder pressure to bend a rod or hole a piston or melt a ring land or whatever then you need to get the correct internals to support that amount of power. You still continue to put words in peoples mouthes...

You work on cars all day long.
If people can still remember what they read above unlike trigger's reading comprehension.

1. His fiero has been sitting on blocks since 2002
2. 3800 costs more, because they are engine swaps
3. pistons only fail due to detonation or what he calls it "knock"

1) See statement above about that
2) A junkyard turbo setup can be done for ~100-300 bucks, how much is an engine swap?
3) See previous statement

Because your car came with a turbo gives you an excuse for being stupid? I guess you can ignore the point where both of you were wrong about piston failure.
Even sean "your boy" states hes putting a turbo on his car.

We were not wrong about piston failure, read my post above and quit trying to go back to the same post over and over again, it gets old.

Well, sean has the same knowledge as those engineers that cant install a light bulb. Hes your friend, help him out.

I dont need any ****in help from anybody. You pretty much flat out called me stupid now why dont you walk your ass over here since you apparnatly dont have a car worth mentioning and say it to my face so I can kick the **** out of you.

I served my country, which would make me patriotic. Have you ricer boy?

And just because your daddy fought in nam, doesn't make you a winner now. I dont see you in Iraq. Your in the homefront ricing your DSM.

Going out into the front lines is not the only way to serve the country and just because your in the service does not make you any better than anyone else. Again calling my car a ricer, again come over here and say it to my face and race me and show us your oh so wonderful car that must run 7's on pump gas and get 60mpg since your such a good little engineer.

well, seans car came with a turbo, and hes adding a turbo to his car. What do you have a problem with? Thats what he said, lets read his quote.

So with your engineering math I had a turbo and then I added another one. That must mean I have a 2 turbo then cause since your such a good engineer you must have slaved for hours infront of a a computer to figure out that if you have one of something and get another one you have two. I said I was upgrading my turbo, not adding one. Read the quote yourself.

Isn't yoru car created by some dumb engineer because he is just reinventing the wheel. Putting back an unefficient gasoline engine in a car?
You sure you dont do oil changes all day long, oh ya you inflate tires too. Because you would have said v8s can get great mpg also.

All gasoline engines are innefficient, its a fact of life. You should know this mr. engineer but if you want to figure out how efficient they are consider this. At cruising speeds a turbo is using wasted energy from the exhaust to help flow more air into the engine so even if there is technically no boost the engine is using the power it is creating more efficiently since the turbo is helping to flow more air with the otherwise wasted energy of the exhaust. Also v8's generally have 2 valves per cylinder where as alot of import cars have 4. One of trigger's teachers at wyotech flow bench tested a set of stock wrx heads and a set of big block merlin heads, guess what? the stock wrx heads flowed more... Better airflow = higher VE (volumetric efficiency mr. engineer) = a cleaner burn (less emmisions) and more power from the same amount of fuel/air. So who's using the inefficient engine here?

Your all into DSMs and you forgot which company isn't around. I can quote the other guy whom stated which company is gone and its not mitsubishi. Or are you simply just being dumb?

So the company isn't around anymore, so what. My car is still here, wanna race?

Because i am certified and have an engineering background, i know you cant build boost in neutral.

Then you know wrong, i'll take a damned video of it if you dont belive me. I can build boost in neutral just fine.

people should just ban you off because your not a valuable member on here. If you had any tech knowledge, your posts would be a lot higher.

How does the number of times one clicks a button have anything to do with their knowledge? You could train a moneky to keep clicking the reply button but that isn't gonna make him any smarter than anybody except you.

------------------

There is no replacement for: AWD, high rpm's and very very big turbo's

[This message has been edited by Sean4852 (edited 11-02-2004).]

IP: Logged
trigger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-02-2004 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for triggerSend a Private Message to triggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

really?

wait till tomorrow when i quote every single word you said.

have a nice day

grease monkey

pm i just received. i'd love to meet this tool in person. lets all stay tuned to watch the certified dipsh*t make an even bigger fool of himself. i think i'll grab some popcorn. should be pretty repetitive as is his trend, but it'll give me something to read and laugh about.

edited to add something. he said he's going to quote "every single word i said" so maybe he'll finally tell us about his fiero... anybody want to take bets?
------------------
88 fiero coupe. 2.8/5 spd (last driven sept 02)
90 eclipse. 4g63t, the replacement for displacement

[This message has been edited by trigger (edited 11-02-2004).]

CertifiedMechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CertifiedMechanicSend a Private Message to CertifiedMechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trigger:

and after he takes down his webpage and changes his email address certified mechanic is back everyone. whatcha hiding from?

not hiding anything, you can ask cliff about my account problems.
And i didn't know i have a website. Repeating yourself again. It isn't getting you anyplace.

because you obviously know nothing about cars.

hmm im an engineer and my screenname is mechanic. that makes a lot of sense
And i dont use the term "knock" like an uneducated mechanic like yourself.

Originally posted by trigger
that was already explained here. trying to get some back up from that post? i realize people are sympathic to morons such as yourself, but c'mon.

im a moron? you called everyone worthless. or are you flip flopping that you didn't call anyone that?

lets look at that first quote.

you mean like the 2nd or 3rd quote? Are you ignoring the first quote where you said we are all worthless and fieros cant compete with DSMs?
are you flip flopping again. Or are you just being ignorant to what you said.

i made a generalizition. it turned into a dsm fight later.

in this post. when he attacked dsms and nothing else in his post.

so your going to blame someone else for a DSM fight? When you egged everyone on by stating Fieros cant keep up with DSMs.
flipflopper

who says i've even worked on it? the car hasn't had a wrench touch it in 2 years. having money is the bank is always a nice feeling.
[/QOUTE]
ya because you cant figure out how to fix your car and your a mechanic. ha ha ha ha ha lol. wait till i post your "i need help threads"

getting paid 10 dollars an hour. I can see why you need to save every penny. Not like the fiero is an expensive car to fix, if you only had any mechanical skills.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by trigger
since you've obviously never used alldata, it does oem replacements. its not going to tell you how much time it takes to swap in a whole new drivetrain or engine from a diferent car. also, alldata doesn't tell you how much time its going to take to do a turbo install. a lot of that is time/material. do you know what that is? also, if you just do an r&r on a 2.8, you would have less time in that project than doing a custom turbo set up on a car due to all the wiring/plumbing. but you know that, cause engineers think they know how to work on cars.

i never used alldata? But somehow i know they have R&R times listed and part prices.

so are you ignoring your first point?

So whats the R&R time on removing a turbo and an engine. I bet the engine is a lot more hours.

So by using alldata as an example which was my point in the first place. It is going to take a turbo install a lot less time then an engine swap.

I can go out and buy a turbo kit. Even if i fab one, it isn't going to take 3 times longer then an engine swap.

Doing a custom engine swap isn't going to take a lot longer? This is coming out of your mouth. Dont i have to fab
a custom exhaust, wiring harness, fuel lines, radiator hoses etc......

Doesn't take a junior high education to figure out which one takes more time and money.
SAD SAD SAD

oh really... then why does fiero x(owner of the fastest v6 fiero on this forum) have a turbo instead of a supercharger? turbos do have low end issues and boost lag if you use an improperly sized turbo. you can combat lag with proper management, and by minimizing drop in ic piping and ic design. also, exhaust design helps with that. but why am i teaching these things to an engineer? i should be charging for the schooling. why should i be jealous? they have time and effort stuck into their cars. you obviously aren't one of them.

Are you sure? if he is the same person i am thinking of.... hes running both.
And even if he has a turbo, that is his preference of modifying his engine. And your point is what?????

Your going to get boost lag no matter what. Remember your not an engineer.
Your teaching me things? Teaching me things that dont work in the physical world.

So im a better person if i "hotrod" my car. uh okay. maybe i should rice my car and make it all bling
bling, then i can be kewl like you too.

never claimed i know everything like you engineers do. also, i never said that detonation is the only way a piston fails. i said it was a major cause. way to try putting words in my mouth.

wait, first you said i dont know how turbos work, but now you saying i know all about turbine technology in turbos.
stop flip flopping big time man.

no you never said detonation was failure. you used the shadetree term "knock" I had to teach you the proper term of "detonation"

And your still ignoring how you have no clue about the requirements of pistons needed when building a turbo powered car. Vader did a great job in the tech section. I bet he never went to wyoming tech.

yet again, i never said anyone else wasn't. you called me unpatriotic, but thats coming up. also, still trying to get other people to back you up?

im not the one bragging how i support the economy, eventhough your buying a "jap car with a domestic badge"

you like to repeat yourself a lot. actually, thats what all of your posts are. repeats. reiterating stupidy doesn't make it any less stupid.

oh ya i forgot, you never got educated at a university and or a community college. So you lack any knowledge of how a research or any type of writting is designed and written.

Im supporting the topic on hand. Your an idiot.

he's doing an upgrade. yet you always seem to accuse me of not reading everything.

Damn, major flip flopper here.
Didn't you accuse me of not reading. Saying first, your lover sean's car came with a turbo and changing my mind that
he is installing a turbo.

He satisfys both arguments. So yes, you have no reading comprehension. Read my prior post with your quotes.

on this s/n you have 61 posts as i type this. 11 of them are in this post alone. that only leaves 50 posts for you to help all the people that need you. i find it hard to believe that you have found much of what i've posted. the search function on this forum doesn't allow you to search by screen name. i'll be the first to acknowledge that i don't post in tech much. so? yet again crying for back up.

maybe you should have went to a community college or a university. Because i was able to find all your posts in the tech section. And they were not you helping others. But crying that your fiero was broke. LOL LAUGHING OUT LOUD LOL

good for you. my dad fought 3 tours willingly. he volunteered to go the first time, and went back voluntarily the other two times. i chose not to joing the service. i don't see you in iraq either. you're over here posting. good job, you made it through boot camp. + for you. not.

And what does your dad have to do with this conversation? Your doing a "good job" in repeating what i typed previously. You want a medal of honor now? I wonder if i was 50, would that mean im suppose to be in iraq

mitsu did 99% of the work. chrysler put a badge on the cars and sold a few. look at the drivetrain lay out. strangely similar to an evo III. oh **** , they're the same thing. who would of thought?

so your just avoiding how you looked like an idiot.
Remember "they never went out of business" And you couldn't figure out who went out of business. It wasn't AMC.
read my prior post to see what you typed with the quote i provided.

mitsu did 99% of the work. So why didn't you tell us your supporting the japanese economy?

the webpage was yours. no doubt about it. you have a tbird turbo. congratulations. you own one of the crudest turbo set ups on the face of the planet(and no, im not saying that they are all slow. there are some fast ones). and according to the webpage, it was all stock. but we can't verify that, because you took it down. hiding something? you can build boost in neutral. not much unless you have a stutter box, but some none-the-less. factory boost gauges are highly inadequate, but i'd hate to insult an engineer.

still repeating yourself that the webpage is mine LOL
You dont need an accurate boost gauge to figure out theres no boost in neutral. Do a search on the internet on how turbos work.

Or let me know how you launch your turbo car.

it was yours. you also use the s/n fierospeeder on other forums. under certified mechanic you're a newbie. maybe some else had fierospeeder first? if you're both though, you're breaking forum rules. grounds for being banned if im not mistaken. actually, i went to a technical college. wyoming technical institute. graduated with a degree in automotive, chassis fabrication, and high performance engines. nice try though.

wait, first you say i am fiero speeder then you state "maybe some else had fierospeeder first" stop flipflopping. it isn't helping your case.

And if i was fierospeeder i would be banned. I wonder why Cliff, the forum owner hasn't done that.
Maybe im really "i'm back" like toddster stated. it is great when people assume.

wyoming tech. I would ask to get a refund. Because you getting paid 10 dollars an hour is sad. I forgot, wages are usually composed of how skilled a person is. LOL your not.

yes i'm sure. are you sure you're an engineer? do you even have a fiero? any mods? you've dodged that question a couple of times already.

yes, i installed a single line fuel system. otherwise trying to achieve highest performance out of a vehicle is a waste of money. The only reason to do it is if drag racing or track racing is someones career.

if i want a 10second vehicle, i jump on a motorcycle.

Now lets take a look at how pathetic you are. Asking the forum for help in fixing your fiero. Man your a great mechanic. LOL LOL
CANT STOP LAUGHING TOO FUNNY MY FIEROS BROKE HELP ME BOO HOO

Hi,
I tried to install my power trunk release today and it doesn't work. It is from an 84 and my car is an 88. It is not getting power to the solenoid. How can I test the components? What should I look for? Thanks.

LOL, you cant diagnose a simple electrical problem LOL LOL

I installed an 85 sunroof on my 88 and the a-pillars stick up a little bit. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks for any help.

LOL

I hate the getrag in my 88 coupe. It has a v-6 5speed. I was thinking of swapping in a 4:10 4 speed. How would this affect acceleration? The motor is stock except for a msd 6al ignition for now(putting exhaust and intake work on it this winter). Any input? I was thinking of running a good clutch with a 5000 lb pressure plate. Thanks.

sleep during transmission class? your a mechanic and you have no knowledge of gearing and accleration. pathetic man.

alright. i have an 88 coupe with a v-6 swapped in. the v-6 is an 86 with an 88 getrag. it's stock except for a msd 6al ignition box. the car cranks for a long time starting when it's cold. it usually dies once or twice and then runs when restarted. it bogs, pops, and just runs like sh*t when it's cold. once it warms up it seems better. also, when it's wet it just runs bad. i have a 6k rev chip in it, and it hits the rev limit at around 4.5k somethimes when it's wet. it's really starting to piss me off. it has a new cap, rotor, plugs, and wires. I know the muffler is shot and getting kind of plugged. also, the inside of the distributor is a little rusty on the contacts. when it's warm the car starts fine. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

im glad you work on suspension. Because skilled mechanics can diagnose. FUNNY you should be on the comedy channel.

My 88 4cyl auto won't run. It starts idles for a few seconds then dies. It isn't getting gas. It was running this afternoon when I was spraying carb and choke cleaner straight into the TB, but that's it. It has been really cold up here until today. It hasn't run since last Thursday. The fuel pump runs pretty slow but it had ok pressure two weeks ago. Could the fuel filter possibly be frozen? Any ideas. Thanks.

fuel filter frozen. LOL
what kind of a mechanic floods an engine with carb clean? TOO FUNNY, the answer a shadetree mechanic

i'm swapping a v-6/ 5speed into my 4 cyl auto 88 coupe. how in god's name do i hook up those f*&%ing wires that go to the neutral safety switch and to the cruise cut out switch. where do i plug them in on my car. thanks.

ya those wiring diagrams are impossible to trace. They are so complicate as if you need an engineering degree to read them LOL

how many people who were not mechanics helped you answer that one for you. ROFL

I was wondering how to eliminate the PCV, EGR, Fuel Evap, and other emissions equipment on my 88 V-6/5 speed.

did you fail EVAP class. must be tough to eliminate a few vacuum hoses.

My 88 2.8 5 spd won't start right, and once it starts it won't run right until it's warm. It backfires and has no power. Once it's warm it runs good above 3000 rpms. Below that it revs but you don't get going. Thanks.

another example of your great mechanical knowledge. what did you say you did for a living. oh ya " i work on cars for a living"

joke all you want to, but that twin turbo 2.5 is the car I'm building this summer. I already lined up the car and the turbos. Now all I need is to start my new job.

i bet everyone thought you were a joke
your 7 dollars an hour job so you can same up to fix your fiero. Or learn how to get it to run ?

doubtful. fieros are't exactly top end monsters. however, it doesn't take a terribly fast car to run down a 600cc sportbike on the highway. its just that eventually the bike will more than likely overcome the car.

ya okay. tell that people who ride 600cc motorcycles. I bet a lot of cars come stock running less then 12 seconds.

that is my job. the rusty clunkers thing, but on the side i do air bag systems, 4 link suspensions, hipo work, and stereo installs. i went to wyoming tech for chassis fab and high performance engines. they didn't cover **** about new cars or turbos in the hipo classes. if you start off in a normal shop, the average around here is 7-10 dollars an hour.

insert here Dr. laugh from the simpsons.
Stereo installs? you couldn't even figure out how to disable the neutral start switch. I bet your those cars that shops need to fix cuz you installed the radio wrong.

they didn't cover anything about turbos. So please explain to me how you know turbos? your school didn't teach you anything. You cant fix a broken fiero. And yet you work on cars for a living.

Man your a joke.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This has to be one of the longest arguments ever.
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black-Azz-GT:

It's definitely one of the longest single posts. Doesn't take the cake for longest arguement thread, though. It must take forever to do all those quotes. Oh well, I'm wasting my own time right now reading this thread, so I guess that makes me the dumb one.

Just remember,

------------------

My Web page | The Turbo Super Duty Build.

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
your about to make this thread as long as my last one... if you make it to 8 pages then something BAAAAADDDDDD will happen

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

My Fiero XoticRydzMid-Rear Madness

Member of the "Im Tired Of All The Flame Wars" committee ITOATFW

Be Excellent To Each Other" - Bill S. Preston Esquire Ted Theadore Logan

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black-Azz-GT:

No the DUMDEST !

------------------

98 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. only one around Austin Texas !

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 11-02-2004).]

trigger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-02-2004 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for triggerSend a Private Message to triggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
way to dig up 5 year old posts. i made the majority of those when i was 14.

yeah, since racing on the highway almost relates to a 12 sec bike. gearing and top end mr engineer. i'll tell you what. maybe after work i'll tear that back apart.

i think you should just put up or shut up. you still haven't told us what kind of fiero you drive. sean and i have both offered to race you, and i have offered money. if we don't know how to tune, like you accuse us of, you should have no problem beating us, not? step the f*ck up or shut up.

------------------

Sean4852

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sean4852Send a Private Message to Sean4852Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Completly avoided my post eh certified? You dissapoint me, I was hoping to get to come back to a slew of new comments directed at me since you think you know what your talking about because your sn says certified mechanic. Big who ha, I could make a sn that says "president of the world" doesn't mean its true.

hmm im an engineer and my screenname is mechanic. that makes a lot of sense
And i dont use the term "knock" like an uneducated mechanic like yourself.

Knock is a perfectly legitamate term. Otherwise we can use pinging, detonation or pre-detonation if you like, doesn't really matter to us. We know what they mean and that they all mean the same thing. Pre-ignition of the air/fuel mixture due to hotspots, superheated air, too high of a cr, or too much timing advance causing a loss in power, excessive wear on engine bearings and internals.

im a moron

You said it...

you mean like the 2nd or 3rd quote? Are you ignoring the first quote where you said we are all worthless and fieros cant compete with DSMs?

He didnt say fieros cant compete with dsms, read the quote again. He said most people on this forum do not have sufficient modifcations to keep up with the cars alot of people (obviously not all) here looks down upon as ricers just because they do not need massive engines to go fast.

so your going to blame someone else for a DSM fight? When you egged everyone on by stating Fieros cant keep up with DSMs.

See above.

i never used alldata? But somehow i know they have R&R times listed and part prices.[QUOTE]
I have never used alldata but I do know that they list r/r times and prices. Just because someone has never used something does not mean they dont know how it works.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CertifiedMechanic:
So by using alldata as an example which was my point in the first place. It is going to take a turbo install a lot less time then an engine swap.

Depends on what car you are doing it on. There are companies here that make adaptor plates for v8 to mate to the stock fiero trannys as well as motor mount adaptors and such. They don't make turbo kits for alot of vehicles, if you are doing it from a kit your talking a fun weekend project but if you are doing it from scrap your looking at a couple months worth of reasearch and planning, another several months of down time for fabrication unless your lucky enough to have a milling machine and lathe in the back corner of your garage, more time for tuning and fuel system upgrades, and then if your taking it far enough the engine has to come out for upgraded internals (supporting mods...) so your taking more time doing that too.

Doing a custom engine swap isn't going to take a lot longer? This is coming out of your mouth. Dont i have to fab
a custom exhaust, wiring harness, fuel lines, radiator hoses etc......

Turbo's dont bolt up to the stock exhaust from a nt car ussually so you'd need a custom exhaust for both. Turbo's require fuel system upgrades, maybe not the lines but the pump, injectors and ecu programming all need to be set accordingly. Most people are going to use a wet cartridge so the turbo is going to require a coolant feed and return and oil feed and return at the correct pressures. Too much pressure and you'll be blowin blue smoke, not enough and you'll bake the turbo in no time. You also need to fabricate a place for the intercooler and the intercooler pipes which can be a major pita on constrictied engine bays and requires alot of planning and may require several tries to get it right. You also need a bov, a wastegate, and a fpr to raise fuel pressure with boost. So the only thing you need to do on a v8 and not a turbo is some wiring but for the v8 you dont need to mess with having it all tuned correctly, the ic pipes that are hard to make fit since thier bulky, the bov and wg are both bulky, vaccumm lines need to be run, gauges hooked up, ecu reprogrammed and possibly a piggyback fuel computer such as an safc. All in all neither are easy but both are also a custom job you can be proud of.

Your going to get boost lag no matter what. Remember your not an engineer.
Your teaching me things? Teaching me things that dont work in the physical world.

Obviously you did not read my post at all. You may always have some lag but if I race someone the most thier gonna get before my turbo is spooled is half a carlength and I will make that up in half the time it took me to loose it once the wastegate is screaming wide open. Learn how to drive and you dont have to worry about it. Also I am teaching you that you can build boost in neutral, I dont know why it is so hard for you to accept that I am right and you are wrong. I am prepared to provide evidence of everything I have ever said in this post, are you?

And your still ignoring how you have no clue about the requirements of pistons needed when building a turbo powered car. Vader did a great job in the tech section. I bet he never went to wyoming tech.

Why dont YOU say what a turbo piston should be designed like? What are the requirements for a turbo piston? Ring lands located lower on the skirt, thicker tops, more resistant to thermal expansion, more resistant to detonation, maybe tighter ring clearances. Again, anyone could pick up a book writtin by a proffessional engineer (ie not you) and it would discuss the reasons why these things are designed the way they are, not just that the ones that are designed now are wrong and they are right just because they have a degree. Provide evidence to support your claims.

Why dont YOU go design one? Make it better than anything wiseco can make for a dsm since you are such a smart man it shouldn't be too difficult.

im not the one bragging how i support the economy, eventhough your buying a "jap car with a domestic badge"

No your just bragging cause your more patriotic than everyone else.

he is installing a turbo.

See first post on page 5.

mitsu did 99% of the work. So why didn't you tell us your supporting the japanese economy?

Chrystler wasn't selling any sports cars. Thier turbo laser and daytonas were being axed and they still wanted in on the sports car market. Mitsu had a design that was well proven, effective, and fast. Mitsu didnt want to have to pay import fees so they used american workers at the american plant to build the cars. Chrystler and mitsu jointly designed the chassi of the cars and they put the mitsu driveline under it. Sold in american, made in america, supporting the american economy. This venture helped keep chrystler afloat during the early 90's where thier other auto sales were severly lacking and the turbo 4cly rage was just starting. If this had not happened its possibly chrystler would have gone under or at least taken on some very severe debts and would have had to cut alot of american jobs...

You dont need an accurate boost gauge to figure out theres no boost in neutral. Do a search on the internet on how turbos work.

I dont care what you think you know, I start my car, i rev it up a few times at more than ~3/4 throttle and I hear the bov chirping (which if you know how they work can only happen with pressure in the ic pipes) and the boost gauge moves up to around 5 or 6. Granted its not much but if I really feel I need to go fast in a hurry from a stop I have a stutter box and I can build plenty of boost with that but I dont normally need it.

yes, i installed a single line fuel system. otherwise trying to achieve highest performance out of a vehicle is a waste of money. The only reason to do it is if drag racing or track racing is someones career.

Aside from the stock market, dealing in buying/selling property and a very select few other things (ultra rare muscle cars, starting your own buisness if it succedes, etc) most everything in life is a loosing investment. I wouldn't say its a waste of money if you enjoy doing it, if you say nobody is going to be impressed with a turbo 4 where as they will be with a v8 simply for originallity how many people are going to be impressed with a bike that only runs 10's?

they didn't cover anything about turbos. So please explain to me how you know turbos? your school didn't teach you anything. You cant fix a broken fiero. And yet you work on cars for a living

Ever hear the expression experience is the best teacher? You can go to school all you want for something but acctually getting out into the field and doing it will teach you more and faster than in school.

PS. Dont forget about my first post on this page, I do not take kindly to being called names, especilly by people who boast about **** they have no idea about just because they have a degree.

justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, I would have thought that a couple of college age kids and a graduate would have ended this silly argument by now.
CertifiedMechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CertifiedMechanicSend a Private Message to CertifiedMechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sean, is trigger to much of a pussy to reply himself?

Your an idiot as much as him. And you quoting everything that i typed isn't proving anything. Your just repeating what i typed and adding unnecessary info. And not always the correct info.

"you need to have a lot more fuel pressure in a turbo setup"

this has what to do with a turbo being an easier install then a engine swap? This is like your last post. Going on and on about nothing.

Or your other post where you start discussing two valves vs four valves. So what? This has what to do with trigger being an idiot? They didn't just invent four valves yesterday, so why are you bragging about it? Or are you avoiding the point your lover is a moron?

Let trigger reply. Or are you the one thats wearing the pants in the relationship. Your replies are pointless. Adding unnecessary facts which have nothing to do with "YOU"

Because my posts are for Trigger, not "SEAN"

If you like, i can waste my time and point out your an idiot just as much as he is. But im still waiting for your lover who cant fix his own car but claims hes a mechanic to respond back.

[This message has been edited by CertifiedMechanic (edited 11-02-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
trigger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-02-2004 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for triggerSend a Private Message to triggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yeah, since racing on the highway almost relates to a 12 sec bike. gearing and top end mr engineer. i'll tell you what. maybe after work i'll tear that back apart.

i think you should just put up or shut up. you still haven't told us what kind of fiero you drive. sean and i have both offered to race you, and i have offered money. if we don't know how to tune, like you accuse us of, you should have no problem beating us, not? step the f*ck up or shut up.

i did reply. the fiero hasn't had a wrench touch it in two years. its not due to me not knowing how, its due to me not being willing to spend the money on it. i wrote the majority of those posts when i was 14 years old. wti is one of the top ranked technical colleges in the nation. im sorry you feel burnt because you got an engineering degree that involved using legos as mock ups. the offer stands, the money is on the table. put up or shut up.

------------------

CertifiedMechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CertifiedMechanicSend a Private Message to CertifiedMechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nice comeback. boohoo i was 14 years old. And i thought the fiero forum search function doesn't search by screennames? Maybe you need to be smarter then a monkey to figure it out. LOL
And 14 even doesn't compute. Means you dropped out to take 3 classes at wyoming. And you didn't get a refund when they didn't discuss turbos.

Wheres you crying how you work on cars for a living with all these experience. Anyone who installed a 3800,v8, northstar,..... swap knows more about cars then you do.

poor excuse with the motorcycle

Your quote in my words "a motorcycle cant hardly keep up with a "stock" car"

i wonder when that started happening when a motorcycle can out accelerate a car.

did you forget all about weight/hp ratios?

I have a red fiero. Satisfied.

I dont need your money. Your only making 7 dollars an hour and i dont want them to repo your trailer home. Let me go out and modify my fiero to race you. No matter if i win or lose, your still going to be a half ass wanna be mechanic. Oh, ya your a ricer. Illegal street drag racing is whats kewl and proves ricers are fast. LOL

" if i beat mechanic in a race, now i can go home with the money i won, and pay someone to fix my fiero" trigger has on his mind.....

LOL you two guys are a joke.

I bet Seans gonna reply again when im speaking to trigger again. LOL I bet hes going to go off topic about motorcycles and how they have four valves.

Sean4852

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sean4852Send a Private Message to Sean4852Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sean, is trigger to much of a pussy to reply himself?

No, he was at work while i was posting.

Your an idiot as much as him. And you quoting everything that i typed isn't proving anything. Your just repeating what i typed and adding unnecessary info. And not always the correct info.

What info is unecesarry? What info is not correct? If you think you are right then ****in prove it. Tell me what information I have provided is incorrect because I know it isn't. Also I am not repeating what you are typeing, I am being forced to repeat what I am saying because your too thick headed to understand that when the answer you give is wrong it is wrong regardless of if you have a fancy degree or not. You are also too much of a pussy to say anything to anyones face or take either of us up on our offers to race and my offer to kick your ass. Nobody said it would be a street race although thats what this thread was originally about.

"you need to have a lot more fuel pressure in a turbo setup"

Why didnt you directly quote me? Oh thats right, because I didnt ****in say that. Again you are putting words in my mouth because you have nothing to go on because I am right and you are wrong. I said you need a fpr that raises fuel pressure one to one with boost, not that you need alot of it. If you would have any concept as to pressure differential accross an injector you would know that if you have a base fuel pressure of say 40psi and then try and run say 20psi of boost without raising fuel pressure 20psi you only have a pressure differential accross the injector of 20psi. Uh oh, run lean and melt the piston. Lets blame it on poor engineering on the part of the manufacturer and not our own stupidity...

Or your other post where you start discussing two valves vs four valves. So what? This has what to do with trigger being an idiot? They didn't just invent four valves yesterday, so why are you bragging about it? Or are you avoiding the point your lover is a moron?

What do you mean what am I bragging about? I'm not bragging about **** , you said "Isn't yoru car created by some dumb engineer because he is just reinventing the wheel. Putting back an unefficient gasoline engine in a car?" and I said that all gasoline engines are innefficient and that if anyone is putting an innefficient engine in there car it isn't the person designing 4cly cars to get more fuel economy and more power from a smaller engine its someone using an innefficient v8 where as the people with the quad 4's and such are choosing an engine that makes more power with less displacement by being better at making power instead of making up for its innefficiency in pure size.

Since you will never step up and say anything like that in person (despite my several offers to try and challenge me in person) since your obviously just a little coward with a degree i'm not even going to bother with it anymore.

I bet Seans gonna reply again when im speaking to trigger again. LOL I bet hes going to go off topic about motorcycles and how they have four valves.

Off topic? You said the engine in my car is inefficient. I proved you wrong, you are the one who said it was inefficient in the first place. If you wouldn't have said that I wouldn't have posted about 4v/cylinder so if anyone is trying to go off topic its you. You seem to be avoiding alot of the statements I make in my posts, I have made a solid rebuttal for every point you have brought up. After I prove you wrong you seem to want to drop the subject, perhaps it is because I am providing evidence behind my claims and you aren't?

Well, sean has the same knowledge as those engineers that cant install a light bulb. Hes your friend, help him out.

Originally posted by Sean4852:
I dont need any ****in help from anybody. You pretty much flat out called me stupid now why dont you walk your ass over here since you apparnatly dont have a car worth mentioning and say it to my face so I can kick the **** out of you.

Didnt say anything about this? You call someone stupid and then back down right away like a pussy and hide behind the anyonemity of the internet, how did you ever make it through hs, oh wait, did you even make it through hs?!?!

------------------

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CertifiedMechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CertifiedMechanicSend a Private Message to CertifiedMechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sean, still wearing the pants for trigger.

why are you discussing turbos? Because you keep repeating yourself about turbo swaps for the last day. And it still takes less time to put a turbo on a car then an engine swap. Therefore triggers wrong again.

I can put a turbo on a carb vehicle and do it within a day. No reasearch at all. I can run it at 2psi of boost. It has a turbo. Not all turbos need oil and coolant feeds. Any experience welder can fab up a custom manifold for the turbo within a day. I can put a turbo on a fuel injection vehicle. Leave it all stock because im only going to run it with 2-5psi of boost with no intercooler. It still is going to take less time then an engine swap.

All gasoline engines are unefficient. No matter if its overhead cam, four valve design, rotory etc.... they are all unefficient.
So whats your point?

Keep posting, because your look as bad as trigger and his "flip flopping" is showing with you too. "your educated engineer, no you dont know anything. ....... make up your mind. oh you have no experience but my 14 year old boyfriend does.

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Keep posting

No...Please, no...

Sean4852

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sean4852Send a Private Message to Sean4852Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sean, still wearing the pants for trigger.

Trigger is not here right now, I am, therefore I am posting. He will post when he gets back from his normal life, I have the day off and have nothing better to do than prove that you are wrong.

I can put a turbo on a carb vehicle and do it within a day. No reasearch at all. I can run it at 2psi of boost. It has a turbo. Not all turbos need oil and coolant feeds. Any experience welder can fab up a custom manifold for the turbo within a day. I can put a turbo on a fuel injection vehicle. Leave it all stock because im only going to run it with 2-5psi of boost with no intercooler. It still is going to take less time then an engine swap.

Sure you can do it in a day, but will it last over the weekend? Are you getting the most power out of it you possibly could? I could put a v8 in a fiero with zip ties and duct tape but that doesn't mean its gonna last. If your just doin it for shits and giggles and dont really care what happens to the engine I suppose the turbo swap could be done faster than an engine swap but if you acctually take any pride in your work and might want to be able to rely on the car to get you back and forth to work and still have the power to go bust out some nice times at the track its going to take more than 2-5psi w/o an ic and on nt internals. As well as significantly more than a day's worth of work.

Most people are going to use a wet cartridge so the turbo is going to require a coolant feed and return and oil feed and return at the correct pressures.

Dry cartridge turbo's are a bad idea unless you have a very good oil cooler IMO, if you try to run without an oil cooler on a dry cartridge you are probobly causing the oil to break down and eventually will lead to poor lubrication, low oil pressure and ultimatly engine failure. Again if you dont want it to last then its fine but if you do something like that you shouldn't be blaming the manufacturer for creating a shitty engine if you dont do stuff the correct way and not halfassing everything.

All gasoline engines are unefficient. No matter if its overhead cam, four valve design, rotory etc.... they are all unefficient.
So whats your point?

I already said that... I guess i should have worded my post differntly instead of saying "You said the engine in my car is inefficient. I proved you wrong" it should have read more "You said the engine in my car is innefficient, I proved it is more efficient than the v8 engines you keep supporting" or something to that affect. I apoligize for the poor wording. If you think then engineers making these cars are stupid for putting gasoline engines back in though why aren't you helping to design the new hydrogen electric hybrid car or something?

I say this again, tell me what information I have provided is incorrect.

------------------

CertifiedMechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CertifiedMechanicSend a Private Message to CertifiedMechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still repeating yourself about turbos

who cares about reliability. i already discussed that with the pistons on page 2 or 3.

Theres only 1 argument. turbo installs can be done in less time then an engine swap case closed. Dont need to go on and on.

Read what your buddy typed. He believes engine swaps take less time to do. Im not gonna discuss metal fatigue, turbo selections, volume efficiency, oil/water type turbos, intercoolers, etc....

If you wanna get anal, sure a turbo swap will take 1 year. 6 months of engineering, and 6 months of machining custom parts. Then more time for dyno runs and emission testing. But thats not the argument. It is to finish an argument about trigger that stated a turbo install takes more time and money.

I can go to the junkyard, get a 20 dollar turbo, and install it on a fiero. Get some steel and fab brackets and tubing. It isn't going to be 100% compatible turbo. But theres a turbo on the car. Now i can brag to my ricer friends. I then put some nawz and ill have a bling bling fiero.

I already said that... I guess i should have worded my post differntly instead of saying "You said the engine in my car is inefficient. I proved you wrong" it should have read more "You said the engine in my car is innefficient, I proved it is more efficient than the v8 engines you keep supporting" or something to that affect. I apoligize for the poor wording. If you think then engineers making these cars are stupid for putting gasoline engines back in though why aren't you helping to design the new hydrogen electric hybrid car or something?

GM is going to be releasing hydrogen cars in 2007 i believe.

You can talk to your love buddy trigger. Because he was bashing engineers for reinventing the wheel. But yet he owns a car. He hates engineers so much, but he loves his ricer. what a hypocrite. Someone had to engineer it.

And to whoever said this before, either you or him. You dont need a 6 speed transmission to get better fuel mileage for a v8. You can have a four speed with a v8 and get better fuel mileage. But trigger has no experience and has poor knowledge with gearing.

trigger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-02-2004 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for triggerSend a Private Message to triggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how do you figure i had to drop 3 classes? i bought my fiero when i was 14 years old, still a freshman in high school.

i didn't need a refund because they didn't discuss them. i accepted the fact that they didn't have much about them in the lesson plans. then the teacher and i talked about them for a while.

a lightly modded fbody can take down a 600cc sport bike on the highway. there's a video on THIS FIERO FORUM of a 1g dsm that takes downs an r6 on the highway like its standing still. he barely loses to r1s in the 1/4 mile. hm.

no i'm not satisfied. with all the **** you're talking you should have the baddest assed fiero in existance. a red one. is it red down to the atomic composition?

don't need my money eh? sounds like a challenge. back it up. you should need it. cause apparently while the majority have jobs during the day, your welfare living ass sits on the computer screen that my tax money pays for. what makes you think you know how much i make? i said 7-10 dollars an hour was the average in my area. who says i don't make more?

street racing was born long before imports started competing. too bad you woke up to it like 95% of the other wannabes when the fast and the furious came out. i'll prove it on the street or on the track. we have an nhra track 10 minutes from my house. bring it.

how do you know where i live? oh wait, you don't. i live in a nice house with a big new garage. keep working in the driveway though. it suits your "shadetree" side. you really got off over those guys in flannel didn't you?

you repeat yourself over and over to make yourself sound smart. its like watching a rerun. offer stands. put up or shut up.

------------------

trigger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-02-2004 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for triggerSend a Private Message to triggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

trigger

494 posts
Member since Jul 2000

Theres only 1 argument. turbo installs can be done in less time then an engine swap case closed. Dont need to go on and on.

look on alldata mr engineer/thinks he's a mechanic. to r&r an engine would take less time than its going to take you to run to the junkyard and get your sh*t together.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
trigger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-02-2004 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for triggerSend a Private Message to triggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like im not the first person to calll you out on multiple screen names.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/026731-3.html

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/024501-2.html

------------------

CertifiedMechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CertifiedMechanicSend a Private Message to CertifiedMechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

look on alldata mr engineer/thinks he's a mechanic. to r&r an engine would take less time than its going to take you to run to the junkyard and get your sh*t together.

original question is R&R of a turbo vs an engine but because your losing the battle you mixed up the question.

you want another chance of why you stated an engine swap will take less time then a turbo and cost less money?

CertifiedMechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CertifiedMechanicSend a Private Message to CertifiedMechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CertifiedMechanic

205 posts
Member since May 2004

looks like im not the first person to calll you out on multiple screen names.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/026731-3.html

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/024501-2.html

wow great job. Didn't i point this out above when i said toddster claimed im "im back"

so what are you proving. oh ya i forgot. your a flip flopper.

trigger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-02-2004 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for triggerSend a Private Message to triggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
he wasn't the only one to call you out. i find it amusing that you claim to be a certified mechanic, an engineer, and have a bs in computer programming. being a raging flamer on that list? how about a total bull shitter?
trigger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-02-2004 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for triggerSend a Private Message to triggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

trigger

494 posts
Member since Jul 2000

original question is R&R of a turbo vs an engine but because your losing the battle you mixed up the question.

you want another chance of why you stated an engine swap will take less time then a turbo and cost less money?

this coming from the guy who rewords everything everyone else states. whos the flip flopper? hows this for flip flopping?

Those prefilters "socks" do a good job, but they cant filtrate anything.

Sean4852

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sean4852Send a Private Message to Sean4852Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ever try and swap turbo's on a mopar turbo or a 300zx T or TT, an audi TT? Didn't think so, thier total whores and i belive on the tt 300 you may need to remove some engine mounts and lift the engine slightly to get them totally off. I can r/r the engine in an awd dsm in 4 hours if I need to, i'm sure i could do it in less if it was an older chevy pickup or something that had all of like 6 wires to the engine and about 8 bolts holding it in. Also this is with hand tools and a cherry picker, no fancy hoists or air tools. It depends on what car your working on, trying to work on cars with crammed engine bays requires removing alot more stuff just to access the part your actually trying to fix, this takes time. Turbo's are not always out in front and easy to get to like on a dsm, they will shove them wherever they can bend the bulkhead to make them fit.

------------------

CertifiedMechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CertifiedMechanicSend a Private Message to CertifiedMechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

how do you figure i had to drop 3 classes? i bought my fiero when i was 14 years old, still a freshman in high school.

so that means your an 18 year old with no automotive experience. Which i doubt because your trying to get yourself out of a jamb. Pretty sad when you claim to be a mechanic and you couldnt fix your own fiero which you have done for many many years.

i didn't need a refund because they didn't discuss them. i accepted the fact that they didn't have much about them in the lesson plans. then the teacher and i talked about them for a while.

you talked 10 min after class so that summed up a semesters worth of theories on how a turbo system works

a lightly modded fbody can take down a 600cc sport bike on the highway. there's a video on THIS FIERO FORUM of a 1g dsm that takes downs an r6 on the highway like its standing still. he barely loses to r1s in the 1/4 mile. hm.

how can he take down a motorcycle when he loses? "he barely loses to r1s"

And now the car is modded. doesn't that throw out the case of a stock vehicle vs a motorcycle argument?

flip flopper = trigger

no i'm not satisfied. with all the **** you're talking you should have the baddest assed fiero in existance. a red one. is it red down to the atomic composition?

because i know how a fiero works and i can design one. Hey, when my fiero stops working, i dont have to ask the forum for help LOL "work on cars for a living" HA HA your a loser

don't need my money eh? sounds like a challenge. back it up. you should need it. cause apparently while the majority have jobs during the day, your welfare living ass sits on the computer screen that my tax money pays for. what makes you think you know how much i make? i said 7-10 dollars an hour was the average in my area. who says i don't make more?

I didn't know you lived in Illinois. So how is your taxes paying for me?
You dont need to be jealous that i went to a "real" school and im getting paid for it. but you decided to drop high school and take 3 classes at wyoming tech "the best automotive college "

street racing was born long before imports started competing. too bad you woke up to it like 95% of the other wannabes when the fast and the furious came out. i'll prove it on the street or on the track. we have an nhra track 10 minutes from my house. bring it.

really, didn't i say you"ricers" ruined street racing. there goes your reading comprehension
"i have a 99% jap car with a badge"

how do you know where i live? oh wait, you don't. i live in a nice house with a big new garage. keep working in the driveway though. it suits your "shadetree" side. you really got off over those guys in flannel didn't you?

you repeat yourself over and over to make yourself sound smart. its like watching a rerun. offer stands. put up or shut up.

so now im working in my driveway. I thought i didn't have a job and collected welfare.
flip flopper again

i dont need to repeat myself. But you keep on forgetting everything you read. So i have to remind you that your a moron.

CertifiedMechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CertifiedMechanicSend a Private Message to CertifiedMechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CertifiedMechanic

205 posts
Member since May 2004

Ever try and swap turbo's on a mopar turbo or a 300zx T or TT, an audi TT? Didn't think so, thier total whores and i belive on the tt 300 you may need to remove some engine mounts and lift the engine slightly to get them totally off. I can r/r the engine in an awd dsm in 4 hours if I need to, i'm sure i could do it in less if it was an older chevy pickup or something that had all of like 6 wires to the engine and about 8 bolts holding it in. Also this is with hand tools and a cherry picker, no fancy hoists or air tools. It depends on what car your working on, trying to work on cars with crammed engine bays requires removing alot more stuff just to access the part your actually trying to fix, this takes time. Turbo's are not always out in front and easy to get to like on a dsm, they will shove them wherever they can bend the bulkhead to make them fit.

this isn't removign the engine and installing it back in. I gave Alldata as an example if you did it if it was all stock. because trigger is an idiot.

this is about fiero swaps which was the main subject back a page. remember i stated "3800"

this is removing the old engine and putting a totally diffrent engine in. This requires customization of engine mounts exhaust, etc...
like i said previously. VS installing a turbo to a non turbo vehicle

trigger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-02-2004 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for triggerSend a Private Message to triggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i never said i learned everything in my convo with the teacher. and im sure you have semesters worth of theories yourself.

i never said a stock vehicle. r1s are faster than r6s there jack a$$. i thought you knew about motorcycles.

im not 18. go back and do your math. i asked for help 5 years ago. i haven't asked for much help lately have i? government taxes.

all of your posts are like deja voo. cause we read them over and over and over again.

CertifiedMechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CertifiedMechanicSend a Private Message to CertifiedMechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i never said i learned everything in my convo with the teacher. and im sure you have semesters worth of theories yourself.

i never said a stock vehicle. r1s are faster than r6s there jack a$$. i thought you knew about motorcycles.

im not 18. go back and do your math. i asked for help 5 years ago. i haven't asked for much help lately have i? government taxes.

all of your posts are like deja voo. cause we read them over and over and over again.

5 years would be july 2005

fine your a 19 year old that doesn't know anything. LOL couldn't fix your car and your a mechanic

priceless

PFF
System Bot
Sean4852

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sean4852Send a Private Message to Sean4852Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

this isn't removign the engine and installing it back in. I gave Alldata as an example if you did it if it was all stock. because trigger is an idiot.

this is about fiero swaps which was the main subject back a page. remember i stated "3800"

this is removing the old engine and putting a totally diffrent engine in. This requires customization of engine mounts exhaust, etc...
like i said previously. VS installing a turbo to a non turbo vehicle

Both are custom jobs, I dont see why you think anyone should be more proud of an engine swap than turboing a nt assuming the person did both himself he should get credit for doing it as it does take time, money and inginuity.

If claim you can ghetto together a turbo kit with no other upgrades just so you can say you have a turbo and (as scary as it is i've heard of people doing it) to have the bov noise then I could also say I could take a 3800 with the 3800's at tranny (no adaptor plate needed then) and engine cradle assembly, put it up in place of the fiero's cradle, use the welder to just weld all the mounts solid to the chassi, cut the axles up and weld them to the correct length since i doubt the axles are the same length and/or spline count without worrying about them being balanced or even true and then just toss the engine harness inside the engine bay and hook up about enough wires to the ecu to make it have minimum functinality. Obviously it would be a pos but one could also say he has a 3800 in his car...

Either way if you want to do something right it is going to take time and money, if you rush stuff or try to do it the cheap way eventually it will come back and bite you in the a$$. Unless someone acctually documents the time it takes to do an engine swap including the time going for parts runs and such and then puts a turbo onto a car of the same make/model and documents all the time and energy devoted into that you cannot say for sure which is going to take longer because you have no concrete evidence.

CertifiedMechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CertifiedMechanicSend a Private Message to CertifiedMechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Both are custom jobs, I dont see why you think anyone should be more proud of an engine swap than turboing a nt assuming the person did both himself he should get credit for doing it as it does take time, money and inginuity.

If claim you can ghetto together a turbo kit with no other upgrades just so you can say you have a turbo and (as scary as it is i've heard of people doing it) to have the bov noise then I could also say I could take a 3800 with the 3800's at tranny (no adaptor plate needed then) and engine cradle assembly, put it up in place of the fiero's cradle, use the welder to just weld all the mounts solid to the chassi, cut the axles up and weld them to the correct length since i doubt the axles are the same length and/or spline count without worrying about them being balanced or even true and then just toss the engine harness inside the engine bay and hook up about enough wires to the ecu to make it have minimum functinality. Obviously it would be a pos but one could also say he has a 3800 in his car...

Either way if you want to do something right it is going to take time and money, if you rush stuff or try to do it the cheap way eventually it will come back and bite you in the a$$. Unless someone acctually documents the time it takes to do an engine swap including the time going for parts runs and such and then puts a turbo onto a car of the same make/model and documents all the time and energy devoted into that you cannot say for sure which is going to take longer because you have no concrete evidence.

to make it easier for you.

you have a turbo kit for a 2.5l duke and a northstar engine swap kit.

which will take longer?

no 30 sentence replies either :rolleyes

im outta here for now

trigger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-03-2004 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for triggerSend a Private Message to triggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok. certified mechanic or whoever you really are. i have read your reposts for the last time. this thread was dead long ago and i know that everybody is tired of reading it. to be completely honest, you humor me. stupidity such as yours is cheap entertainment. however, beating a dead horse with nothing but repititions gets old fast. this thread is so far off base due to your personal attacks that have no logical base. you have nothing to prove what i have done, and have never seen my resume. i answered all questions asked of me honestly. you avoided every question about yourself going so far as to change your email and take down your webpage. are you hiding the fact that you're something you're not? go back to the gay pride forum where you can be yourself. with this im going to bow out and leave you to an empty room.

------------------

[This message has been edited by trigger (edited 11-03-2004).]

justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
trash can time trash can time!
donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post11-04-2004 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought the "i dont want to take your 7 dollar job and then you lose your trailer" comment was a good one!

------------------
1984 Indy Fiero 3.4L 4spd
www.cardomain.com/id/donk_316

wkayl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2004 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wkaylSend a Private Message to wkaylEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
...Perfection....

[This message has been edited by wkayl (edited 11-04-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave