Started on: 08-15-2004 04:22 PM
Replies: 189 (4568 views)
Last post by: Mastermind on 08-27-2004 04:31 PM
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

As anyone reading my posts can tell, I am somewhat opinionated and outspoken.

I think that being straight to the point and unabashed is not a bad thing to be.

What I don't like is nasty, critical, self-serving, enflamatory, degrading, or S-D statements.

I have been on a few threads lately where some guy will ridicule, put down, bait, or make obnoxious comments about somebody or their ride because of personl prejudice.

I think it is time for the good guys to do something.

If you come across a nasty guy, rate him negative.

I am certain not everybody rates people, and I am sure I'll get a negative for posting this.

But, it helps Cliff to control the nastiness if we rate and give him good grounds to give these guys the boot.

So let's rate the nasties

Arn

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, what an interesting topic
This should be an interesting thread.
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with you completely ARNS. Seems like there are some haters here what gives?
Arizona85GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

Hmmm, what an interesting topic
This should be an interesting thread.

Very True, But I stand by his original post, I dont even own a Fiero anymore, and still love to come to the Forum's and try to help people out. But its getting ridiculous these days, We have keyboard commandos on here just flaming away at people, yes its the internet but the people you are flaming on here are real, and have feelings also. Some people on here are just downright rude..

Adam

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arizona85GT:
yes its the internet but the people you are flaming on here are real, and have feelings also. Some people on here are just downright rude..

Adam

By the way you word that you seem to make it sound like I am one of the flamers he speaks about..which is not the case at all. I find this thread of interest because I have had more than my share of threads hijacked by trolls, haters and flamers who's only purpose was to steer the threads off track and ruin them.

Arizona85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

By the way you word that you seem to make it sound like I am one of the flamers he speaks about..which is not the case at all. I find this thread of interest because I have had more than my share of threads hijacked by trolls, haters and flamers who's only purpose was to steer the threads off track and ruin them.

Oh no not at all what my post meant.. NOT BY ANY MEANS I like you, personally I hate the people flaming Jordan's Fiero, Ive stood up for you in a couple of thread, long time ago though, just when you started building Jordan's Car, Like a Year ago when I still had my Fiero.. Ive never had a problem with you, and personally like you.. and what you do for your son.. You dont see many dads these days doing what you do for your son, I think its awesome..

Edit: I can see why you posted that, cause I said "you flame" I meant the flamers, not you directly. Sorry for the mixup

Adam

[This message has been edited by Arizona85GT (edited 08-15-2004).]

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't talking about hijacking threads really.

I was talking about deliberately ruining good discussion with anti-social, sociopathic comments and diotribes.

Example, if my friend has a conversion of one type or another and we are discussing the conversion, it doesn't help to have somebody post who trashes the car, ridicules the person who "wasted their money" dares them to run for pinks, or uses derrogatory expletives or jargon to simply annoy somebody, provoke somebody, or make themselves feel better by putting somebody else down.

I read one fellow recently, (one of the good guys,) who said he liked his ride and was satisfied with it after somebody flamed him, all for just posting his times.

Thanks for the support for this thread guys.

It's good to know most of the guys on the forum are good guys.

Arn

Mastermind

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 207
User Banned

Report this Post08-15-2004 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

Hi all,

As anyone reading my posts can tell, I am somewhat opinionated and outspoken.

I think that being straight to the point and unabashed is not a bad thing to be.

What I don't like is nasty, critical, self-serving, enflamatory, degrading, or S-D statements.

I have been on a few threads lately where some guy will ridicule, put down, bait, or make obnoxious comments about somebody or their ride because of personl prejudice.

I think it is time for the good guys to do something.

If you come across a nasty guy, rate him negative.

I am certain not everybody rates people, and I am sure I'll get a negative for posting this.

But, it helps Cliff to control the nastiness if we rate and give him good grounds to give these guys the boot.

So let's rate the nasties

Arn

I agree, I think it's only fair if the forum members act as punishers against those that are unnecessarily rude.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arizona85GT:

Oh no not at all what my post meant.. NOT BY ANY MEANS I like you, personally I hate the people flaming Jordan's Fiero, Ive stood up for you in a couple of thread, long time ago though, just when you started building Jordan's Car, Like a Year ago when I still had my Fiero.. Ive never had a problem with you, and personally like you.. and what you do for your son.. You dont see many dads these days doing what you do for your son, I think its awesome..

Edit: I can see why you posted that, cause I said "you flame" I meant the flamers, not you directly. Sorry for the mixup

Adam

Thanks man

As many on here know I have stated on more than a few occassions some of the members that seem to have it in for almost all of my threads. I know that other members have their trolls and stalkers as well, Archie comes to mind among others.
It's pretty sad that I can't start a thread to show some of the latyest cool features on say Jordans Fiero without the same 3 or 4 stalking members spitting there garbage in the thread and successfully getting it trashed. Then when I start a new one to start fresh they then say the reason they did it is because I start so many threads. Yeah, obviously a few cards short of a full deck there. I have to admit that Jordans thread about going to the Custom Compact show getting messed up was the one that upset me the most, only because he was very proud of that one and liked to show it off to his freinds and classmates. There is one person to blame for the start of that thread going into the trash and he knows who he is but amazingly stands behind that flame post and it really has not effected him. I think that sends a huge message to others that if they hit and run with a nasty post and then with a few good ones like he does, they can get away with a lot. It seems like only those who don't catch on soon enough that get booted. Another good example is another member recently banned who is back and is staying alive by countering many negs by posting stuff to get some plusses as well.
So like I said, I find this thread of great interest to watch, to see if finally some of the problematic members will finally get at some point what they deserve. A lot more red to better reflect their actual true attitudes.

HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I agree. But what are we gonna do about PM's? I mean...some people go as far as to continue it off forum and bash people through those (with the bashees not even being able to defend themselves) Its still peoples feelings, ideas, etc under attack - its just that its moved into another medium.

Anyhow, I've seen VERY good discussions ruined because someone had to come in and attack someone or bash someone's idea/comment/etc. It always seems like someone has to bash someone about something. I mean, correct a person, yeah sure. But to then turn around and insult/bash him is wrong. People have feelings...I guess Trolls don't know anything about feelings now, do they? -Ben

fierobrian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes it gets old ,but this is the best fiero site i have found so i try to stay out of the line of fire .

[This message has been edited by fierobrian (edited 08-15-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are getting nasty PMs from someone, warn them that if it doesn't stop the messages will be posted in open forum. Follow through with your threat if the PMs don't stop and let the forum judge.

Is it possible to block incoming PMs from certain people?

On the other hand, there's a lot of good in these forums, many decent and helpful people doing great things and setting aside much time unnecessarily to help a Fiero owner in need. My personal thanks in this respect go out to gumert.

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With any group of people, you're going to get trolls. True in real life, true on an internet forum. Actually, it's more common on the net. If you run your mouth to someone standing in front of you, you may get yourself beat. It's easier to be a jack@ss when you're safe behind a keyboard.

The rating system works pretty well, though. Are there exceptions? Sure, there are people who I wish had been banned by now. And there's also people who have more red than I feel they deserve. But I'm just one person, my opinion only counts once, and that's they way it should be, no matter how much I like or dislike certain members.

My only real complaint with the rating system is in TO/T. Some people seem to get really neg crazy when people disagree with their opinion.

freshfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freshfieroSend a Private Message to freshfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Enough with the nasty guys, Bring on the nasty women! HA HA -gary-
I'm down too Arn...
------------------

------ MY FLEET-----
.....1984 2m4 se parts car....
.....1987 2m4 base duke, 305 sbc going in.....
.....1985gt. stage 3 chip, no cat.....
.....1993 Jeep grand cherokee v8, for sale $3000....
.....1986 chevy p/u fullsize 4.3 falling apart.....
.....1996 Dodge ram 4x4 ext. cab.....

[This message has been edited by freshfiero (edited 08-15-2004).]

roys88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for roys88fieroClick Here to visit roys88fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to roys88fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey im one of the good guys too.... i really dont rate people much, but we should keep a look out and help out our fellow members that are being bashed upon.........count me in

------------------
I own an original yellow 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, (wingless, currently purple) ....This is.....Driving Exitement!

Matching numbers GT
#17889 of 26,402 made in 1988

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Roy,

Welcome aboard.

Arn

fierodog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodogSend a Private Message to fierodogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This reminds me..... I happened to accidently click on the trash can (this laptop track point acts up sometimes). I was shocked at how popular the threads were there!! Really now lets stick to what we were taught (or exposed to be taught) If you don't have a nice comment to make, move on to the next thread!! If you find yourself out of threads then maybe your on the wrong forum!

Just my .02

DRA

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably should have titled the thread "nasty children" instead of "nasty guys". Seems over the years the environment has become more and more hostile, everyone is entitled to give their opinion or constructive critisism but some people just don't use common sense or common decency.
Oh well, I've tried to stay out of the ratings game but have found myself using the rating option more and more over the past few months. You can only ignore some people for so long.

BTW, I've NEVER rated anyone for any comments or opinions directed at myself.

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me neither, but I will sure do it for my friends and for guys who are unfairly picked on by these aggressive 'children'

Arn

linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe one day this "Nasty Clid" will learn the golden motto "Do unto others". Karma's a B@@ch, I hate to see what his life is really like becuase he's really earned some Bad Karma round this place.
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post08-15-2004 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timwdegner:

If you are getting nasty PMs from someone, warn them that if it doesn't stop the messages will be posted in open forum. Follow through with your threat if the PMs don't stop and let the forum judge.

Is it possible to block incoming PMs from certain people?

On the other hand, there's a lot of good in these forums, many decent and helpful people doing great things and setting aside much time unnecessarily to help a Fiero owner in need. My personal thanks in this respect go out to gumert.

I personally feel that PM's are the best avenue to work out issues. Sometimes people need to get a clear indication from another member without the grandstanding that goes on by some that just wish to make themselves look important. As far as posting PM's in public I can guarantee you that is a no win proposition. Posting PMs is about the biggest taboo on this forum. Yes, you can block PMs from anyone, and I suggest if you can't handle what someone says in PMs then use that feature.

While there are some people that will eventually alienate enough people to get themselves banned deservedly, I've seen some good people get banned just because someone gets butt-hurt and starts a thread like this to rally up a lynch mob. To those people, I suggest growing some balls and dealing with people on your own rather then trying to organize a mob to do your dirty work.

PFF
System Bot
TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There seems to be alot more activity in the trash can this year. Maybe if we use the ratings system for what it's meant for we can start weeding out the bad from the good.
Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks man

As many on here know I have stated on more than a few occassions some of the members that seem to have it in for almost all of my threads. I know that other members have their trolls and stalkers as well, Archie comes to mind among others.
It's pretty sad that I can't start a thread to show some of the latyest cool features on say Jordans Fiero without the same 3 or 4 stalking members spitting there garbage in the thread and successfully getting it trashed. Then when I start a new one to start fresh they then say the reason they did it is because I start so many threads. Yeah, obviously a few cards short of a full deck there. I have to admit that Jordans thread about going to the Custom Compact show getting messed up was the one that upset me the most, only because he was very proud of that one and liked to show it off to his freinds and classmates. There is one person to blame for the start of that thread going into the trash and he knows who he is but amazingly stands behind that flame post and it really has not effected him. I think that sends a huge message to others that if they hit and run with a nasty post and then with a few good ones like he does, they can get away with a lot. It seems like only those who don't catch on soon enough that get booted. Another good example is another member recently banned who is back and is staying alive by countering many negs by posting stuff to get some plusses as well.
So like I said, I find this thread of great interest to watch, to see if finally some of the problematic members will finally get at some point what they deserve. A lot more red to better reflect their actual true attitudes.

Come on Steve. I don't mind saying that I took the ferret thread off course. My reasons for that were stated in that thread, and I don't feel that we need more than one thread on the subject. Yes, you had some Fiero related threads go off course and once again I'm going to say for some good reasons. Just the same as there are people that you make out as trolls, there is an entire second half of the forum that doesn't think of Firefox and myself as trolls. I'm sorry that you are so mad that my bar is green and yours is red. I have the ratings I have because the people on the forum have given them to me. I never posted in a "Rate Me" thread, and i have never asked people to rate my contribution in my signiture(seriously people, if you need love THAT bad, start dating) Now I see that there is another thread where you can completely ignore 50% of the forum and claim yourself a victim.

It's pretty sad that I can't start a thread to show some of the latyest cool features on say Jordans Fiero without the same 3 or 4 stalking members spitting there garbage in the thread and successfully getting it trashed.

You had a thread on your Indy that no one touched. It had pictures and was a proud moment for you. Not one negative post. Oh, but I'm sorry, you can't post anything without getting it trashed. What is it about Jordan's? I can only speak for me personally. No, I don't like the car. However, I have more in common with the import scene these days than the Fiero scene so its not the fact that its "import style"..its the fact that its rice. Even import guys, the true import guys can't stand it when people start adding pages 12-43 of the JC Whitney catalogue. BUT...and please include this when quoting....that's not the problem. It was turning into Jordan's Fiero Forum. And it was getting annoying. It seemed as if you were posting more and more pictures and threads and signitures to piss more people off when the first comment about the car went public. That's asking for it. And so are the victim threads.

Sorry guys. I wasn't going to post in this thread. But when it becomes a decision of damned if you do and damned if you don't...I chose do.

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the issues is retaliation.

So if I retaliate (guilty) am I going down a road I shouldn't? If I 'respond' and not retaliate, that seems reasonable. But on the other hand, when a mule kicks you, you have to consider the source.

Seems to me that if we all rate when we believe objectively that the person posting is a horse's pitute then we don't have to retaliate.

My problem is that I am a long time union rep, and if somebody comes at me, I don't back down.

It's years of conditioning. Call it my Achille's heel.

Arn

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gridlock:

Sorry guys. I wasn't going to post in this thread. But when it becomes a decision of damned if you do and damned if you don't...I chose do.

What a great post there Gridlock. I like how you say that my threads were taken off course, but for good reasons. Please show me in say Jordans thread about going to the Custom Compact show how that silly excuse works there. Or say in the ferret thread how that excuse works at all. Didn't think so.
You seem to think you speak for everyone here. I also like how you apparently are the official speaker for all import guys as well on how they feel about my sons Fiero. Please, get over yourself.
I have to agree with others here, if you don't like the car, the pet, the person. the clothes or whatever, then why are you even clicking on the thread to begin with. And why even go a step further and post your insulting BS? Yes, I said BS because that is what it is.
Give me a break. Heck, give us all a break.

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 08-15-2004).]

Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've learned over the few years I've been on this Forum to just go ahead and ignore the trolls AND the threads that turn into arguments. But , I do agree that they do deserve a negative rating for being more trouble than help. I come here to see whats going on and what's for sale and to get help when needed or try to help when I feel I can. No other reason to be here. Anyone that's here just to be abrasive needs to have negative. By the way, I still don't have a ratings bar, so I guess I'm not causing any ruckus anyway, lol.
linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ronnie:

I've learned over the few years I've been on this Forum to just go ahead and ignore the trolls AND the threads that turn into arguments. But , I do agree that they do deserve a negative rating for being more trouble than help. I come here to see whats going on and what's for sale and to get help when needed or try to help when I feel I can. No other reason to be here. Anyone that's here just to be abrasive needs to have negative. By the way, I still don't have a ratings bar, so I guess I'm not causing any ruckus anyway, lol.

Don't feed the Trolls is awsome advice.

Gridlock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not doing this again.
Lex

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 217
User Banned

Report this Post08-15-2004 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like how guys with heavy chunks of red in there bars talk crap about other people trolling.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There is one person to blame for the start of that thread going into the trash and he knows who he is but amazingly stands behind that flame post and it really has not effected him. I think that sends a huge message to others that if they hit and run with a nasty post and then with a few good ones like he does, they can get away with a lot.

Geez....I wonder who this might be?

As Gridlock said, there are quite a few people who agree with the members that you call trolls. So, those that agree with the members that take you to task for your comments are all trolls? As for posting in Jordan's thread, you still cannot recall the reason, can you? Wow. Steve Kelley, the victim. It's nice that you sit there and type like you haven't done anything wrong, been called on it, and then cry because you can't defend yourself. Then, after a while, you sit there and tell everyone about all the bad things that have happened to you. Then you have the gall to sit there and call others trolls because they don't put up with your crap, lies, and pathetic whining.

Hey, Steve. Gridlock mentioned your Indy thread. No one touched it negatively, including myself. Why? You keep calling me a troll, yet I didn't post in your thread? Wow....maybe Gridlock has a point. Go back and read his post again.

Maybe I have a bit of green in my rating bar because I try to help people. We have a lot of members that are trying to do some body and paint work themselves, and since I do that sort of thing I do my best to help them out as much as I can. Isn't that what this is about? Helping people? Steve....what do you do? Why is your rating bar so red? Maybe there are some clues for you there........

Don't insinuate anything about me, and I won't come back and call you on it. And don't have your wife come on here and try to defend you again.

Mark the troll

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 08-15-2004).]

timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know what? This is BS. I'm 18 - just came out of high school, where kids fight like... well, kids.

Only to join a forum mostly populated by "adults" and find that they, too fight like.... kids.

Lol, actually, I already discovered it upon being given the position of Communications Director for a nearby organization. It can be hella funny to listen to the adults going at it, and it's quite ironic to me that I, the youngest, am the one who usually breaks up the fights and gets the group on track to resolving the issues at hand.

Seriously, it took me less than 18 years to become a proactive conflict-resolving individual - you wouldn't want to be beat out in maturity by a kid, would ya?

Let's focus on what this forum is all about: the Fiero.

Now cut the crap and go back to posting in other threads!

PFF
System Bot
Gridlock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There you go Steve. I'm red now. Thanks to all for nominating me for eviction.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ohhhh.....I'm calling Ms. Jackson.

Come on guys. There are friends here who have lost their homes, cars, and other valuables in Florida.

Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow....this thread will get hot and steamy and end up in the trash can quick. Hey Cliff, why can't these type of threads be started from the trash can?
BDF88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BDF88GTSend a Private Message to BDF88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been on this forum long enough to know that it is a great place. Lets face it, we all have a passion for a car that most people think is a fire trap. Its nice to have the support of nearly 10,000 members at my finger tips if anything were to go wrong. I'm 19 and I'll be the first to admit that lately it seems that theres a new crowd of younger individuals who are bringing negitive attitudes from other forums. I have one in particular in mind who has managed to get a red bar in less than a month. I agree with the suggestion of using the rating system for its intended purpose-- to weed out those who do more harm than good. There are lots of members here who dont see eye to eye and they probably never will. Thats not the problem. I'll be honest, I like gridlock, he's a perfect example of a member who does more good than bad. Steve, I appologize for what I said in the ferret thread, I'm not usually very rude or cruel but sometimes it does seem as if you have an "all eyes on me" complex.
Jacob281

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jacob281Send a Private Message to Jacob281Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I come to this forum to get away from flamers in my hometown forum www.502streetscene.com. Those guys in there can be down right hateful. I really enjoy talking on Pennocks, everytime I post.
zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some people tell it like it is. Maybe they diss you up withought cause.
Take it like a man, eye for eye.... handel it
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timwdegner:

You know what? This is BS. I'm 18 - just came out of high school, where kids fight like... well, kids.

Only to join a forum mostly populated by "adults" and find that they, too fight like.... kids.

Exactly what I was thinking. When I first joined this forum and first noticed the arguing, I assumed that they were all kids....like me. Wrong. I have noticed over the the time I've been here that almost all of them are adults who are supposedly "mature."

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gridlock:

There you go Steve. I'm red now. Thanks to all for nominating me for eviction.

That's one shortcoming of the way ratings are presented (which BTW, I'm working on). The way your ratings are displayed is that if you have one more negative rating than positives, the red bar will "appear". That's also true for the other way around. One more positive than negatives, the red will disappear and the green appears. So the problem is that if you have just about as much negatives as positives, the ratings bar will swing between red and green.

I already have a new way of presenting the ratings ready (which gives a much better view of someone's rating), but my only problem is that it doesn't really fit within the forum's lay-out (cosmetically).

Maybe I should simply turn it on and see what everybody thinks about it. I can always revert back to the old way of presenting the ratings.

Concerning Arns' original post, the problem is that there are a few people here dying for attention (which in itself is pretty sad). They can be banned over and over, but will return using different usernames. The problem with these people is that they will not change their behavior. Simply because they feel the only way they can get attention to themselves is by being rude and obnoxious (again, which is pretty sad in itself). They will always go against the flow. For some reason, they think that's the way to get ahead in life. These people can be categorized as "Trolls". They can be easily recognized, their ratingbar usually gets into the red in no time.

Then there are the people who simply have a very outspoken opinion. They aren't trolls. But they do lack some judgement IMO. They are the atheists that would walk into a church and shout the people there are all idiots for believing in God. They are the husbands that would tell their pregnant wifes they look fat. They are the people that don't realize that sometimes it's best to just suck it in. Those are the people that get upset if their ratingbar gets red for "just stating their opinion".

And then there are the people who understand it's best to live and let live. They are the people who understand you're not a coward for walking an extra block to avoid a bad neighborhood. They are the people who only voice their opinion when it actually matters. They are the people that actually listen to others, and sometimes do things against their own principles but "for the greater good".

Now of course, everyone has the right to decide for their own to which of these groups they want to belong. But I'm sure Confucius would have said "He who chooses to jump in water, should not complain about getting wet."

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bravo Cliff.

Arn

Well well, I have a ratings bar now. Hmm......

Guess I'll have to behave.

[This message has been edited by Arns85GT (edited 08-16-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay