Started on: 08-15-2004 04:22 PM
Replies: 189 (4568 views)
Last post by: Mastermind on 08-27-2004 04:31 PM
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by donk316:

Theres a 4.9 posse? Why am I picturing "revenge of the nerds"?

Sorry I tried soooooo hard to stay out of this thread. This thread called to me.....post on me....post on me...

Why the hell do i have so much negative? I only name-call when someone says something dumb. You can call me names if you want. The lack of dry sense of humor on here is only appreciated by the flood of PMs from my fanclub.

And those who PM me for tech info / advice and then "try" and slam me on the forum is appreciated too.

You dirty 4.9 Hating SOB Canadian .........

We all have a right to disagree with someone about things. I'm in the middle of a 4.9 swap right now and I'm tired of all the 4.9 BS on the forum. You've said something once that pissed me off, but I didnt give you a negative for it (still positive if you really care). The problem is there are too many other people out there who would. I mean come on, we cant like someone with a different idea of whats right now can we?

Oh yeah, and I OWN page 3.

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 08-16-2004).]

IP: Logged
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mastermind:

Yo, I.A. it's called metaphor see the following....

Main Entry: met·a·phor
Pronunciation: 'me-t&-"for also -f&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French or Latin; Middle French metaphore, from Latin metaphora, from Greek, from metapherein to transfer, from meta- + pherein to bear -- more at BEAR
1 : a figure of speech in which a word or phrase literally denoting one kind of object or idea is used in place of another to suggest a likeness or analogy between them (as in drowning in money); broadly : figurative language -- compare SIMILE
2 : an object, activity, or idea treated as a metaphor : SYMBOL 2
- met·a·phor·ic /"me-t&-'for-ik, -'fär-/ or met·a·phor·i·cal /-i-k&l/ adjective
- met·a·phor·i·cal·ly /-i-k(&-)lE/ adverb

Please explain how "maybe I should put out a call for my 4.9 posse to get some ++'s to offset the SBC mobs ---'s" is a metaphor for anything by your posted definition.

Mastermind

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 207
User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2004 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Now that's the funniest thing I've read all day !

Yeah, C.K. I've got a sense of humor now where's your partner Cletus?

I Annoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I AnnoySend a Private Message to I AnnoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yo, I.A. it's called metaphor see the following....

Main Entry: met·a·phor
Pronunciation: 'me-t&-"for also -f&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French or Latin; Middle French metaphore, from Latin metaphora, from Greek, from metapherein to transfer, from meta- + pherein to bear -- more at BEAR
1 : a figure of speech in which a word or phrase literally denoting one kind of object or idea is used in place of another to suggest a likeness or analogy between them (as in drowning in money); broadly : figurative language -- compare SIMILE
2 : an object, activity, or idea treated as a metaphor : SYMBOL 2
- met·a·phor·ic /"me-t&-'for-ik, -'fär-/ or met·a·phor·i·cal /-i-k&l/ adjective
- met·a·phor·i·cal·ly /-i-k(&-)lE/ adverb

It is obvious that you can use a dictionary which is a good thing. Yeah for you.
What you failed to notice is that your comment about a possee is no way a metaphor.
Try reading the definition again. I expect a full essay on the use of "Metaphors" by the morning. If you want I can look up the meaning of "HYPERBOLE" as well. There is a lot of that going on around here as well.

------------------
The rebirth of 72vinman

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, C.K. I've got a sense of humor now where's your partner Cletus?

He's right here watching you cry like a baby.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This just gets funnier !
Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2004 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

He's right here watching you cry like a baby.

Hello Cletus,

I knew it wouldn't be long before you joined your tag team partner C.K. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to seeing you at Fierorama in a few weeks.

I.A. try reading the whole thing in context maybe then you'll understand what I mean by metaphor.

I Annoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I AnnoySend a Private Message to I AnnoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I.A. try reading the whole thing in context maybe then you'll understand what I mean by metaphor.

Nope, still does not make sense.

donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2004 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

You dirty 4.9 Hating SOB Canadian .........

We all have a right to disagree with someone about things. I'm in the middle of a 4.9 swap right now and I'm tired of all the 4.9 BS on the forum. You've said something once that pissed me off, but I didnt give you a negative for it (still positive if you really care). The problem is there are too many other people out there who would. I mean come on, we cant like someone with a different idea of whats right now can we?

Oh yeah, and I OWN page 3.

GROUP HUG!

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by I Annoy:

Thats cause its still not a metaphor. I read it again too, and all I noticed was that he spelled "figure" wrong.

Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2004 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by I Annoy:

Can't fault me for trying to clarify for you. Perhaps, one day you'll have an epiphany then you'll get it.

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hello Cletus,

I knew it wouldn't be long before you joined your tag team partner C.K. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to seeing you at Fierorama in a few weeks.

MasterBaiter:

Ahhhhh, didn't you just ask where I was? CAKid didn't ask for me, YOU did. It was just a little bit ago, don't you remember?

You won't sign your name, so I guess I'll just have to call you MasterBaiter. But that don't matter, I'll know your name & a lot more by the time Fierorama is over. Remember, there's no keyboard to hide behind at the show.

CAKid: The funniest thing is that in many posts in the past MBaiter claims that it doesn't matter what the ratings system says about him, then he comes on here crying about all of his negative ratings.

Archie

Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2004 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been wrongfully convicted and strung up by a SBC lynch mob carefully orchestrated and headed by a tag team of SBC owners. All because I championed the 4.9 and called out the ring leader on his incivility and constant use of personal insults in his post.

Maybe, I should put out a call for my 4.9 posse to get some ++'s to offset the SBC mobs ---'s

Go Fiqure.

Okay, guys, I'm always open to learning, so tell me why the above post is not a metaphor?

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cal Kid on left, Archie on right, Mastermind in the middle about to be ***** -slapped !

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay, guys, I'm always open to learning, so tell me why the above post is not a metaphor?

Theres no analogy there, for starters. You have no posse, and the "mob" you speak of is just people who are tired of you. I'll be the first to say that its not just SBC people. I can go either way, a 4.9 or an SBC, and I'm still getting sick of you.

Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2004 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

MasterBaiter:

Ahhhhh, didn't you just ask where I was? CAKid didn't ask for me, YOU did. It was just a little bit ago, don't you remember?

You won't sign your name, so I guess I'll just have to call you MasterBaiter. But that don't matter, I'll know your name & a lot more by the time Fierorama is over. Remember, there's no keyboard to hide behind at the show.

CAKid: The funniest thing is that in many posts in the past MBaiter claims that it doesn't matter what the ratings system says about him, then he comes on here crying about all of his negative ratings.

Archie

Cletus Archambault aka Archie, why do you insist on insulting people with VULGAR names? This is a perfect example of why we don't see eye to eye. But I get negatives for pointing out your personal insults. After all, this is a family forum right? If you agree you will delete the VULGAR references, if you don't agree you'll leave the VULGARITIES posted.

Like I said before, go fiqure.

[This message has been edited by Mastermind (edited 08-16-2004).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay, guys, I'm always open to learning, ........

Well you coulda' fooled me, 2 weeks ago you didn't even have enough votes to have a rating bar. Today you're as red as you can be and at 160 & counting. Obviously you haven't learned anything yet.

Archie

Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2004 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Cal Kid on left, Archie on right, Mastermind in the middle about to be ***** -slapped !

Right C.K. two or more against one isn't fair, but why should I expect it to be?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cletus Archambault aka Archie, why do you insist on insulting people with VULGAR names? This is a perfect example of why we don't see eye to eye. But I get negatives for pointing out your personal insults. After all, this is a family forum right? If you agree you will delete the VULGAR references, if you don't agree you'll leave the VULGARITIES posted.

Like I said before, go fiqure.

Oh yes, you are as stupid as they say. Grab that dictionary that you quoted from earlier. Look up MasterBaiter & Masterbate, only one of them would be considered anywhere near vulgar. Dah!

It's now been confirmed that You Are Wrong Again.

Cletus Archambault, What's your name litle boy?

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Right C.K. two or more against one isn't fair, but why should I expect it to be?

No, this is about " Majority Rules " !

Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2004 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cletus Archambault aka Archie, simple question for you.

Do you consider PFF to be a family forum? If you say YES please explain why you have not removed that VULGAR reference.

If you do not remove it one can assume that you don't care if women and children read your VULGAR reference. RIGHT?

PFF
System Bot
Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys, masterbation is a perfectly natural way to express your love...alone. Let's not have the good name of "self-love" used in such a hateful context
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cletus Archambault aka Archie, simple question for you.

Do you consider PFF to be a family forum? If you say YES please explain why you have not removed that VULGAR reference.

If you do not remove it one can assume that you don't care if women and children read your VULGAR reference. RIGHT?

Wow, you're just so busy thinking of clever things to say, that you don't even bother to read the posts you are responding to.

That's your problem, you've been told something 161 different ways & you still don't get it.

Nice talking to you, Masterbaiter.

Archie

Edited to add "Masterbaiter"

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-17-2004).]

fierohobby

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohobbySend a Private Message to fierohobbyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I probably shouldn't, but I will say - this thread is actually quite entertaining, for those of us with no personal agenda. It's filled with comedy, drama, nonsense and a few good doses of common sense. My vote for thread moderators (are we voting?) is no, for the reasons already stated.

The new ratings gauge is cool, Cliff!

lol... Donk, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist. Heck, I was looking for you back on the first page...

-fh

Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-17-2004 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cletus Archambault,

it's obvious you don't care if women and children read your crap. Sooner or later your gonna insult the wrong person and you'll get repaid in full.

donk316

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-17-2004 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohobby:

lol... Donk, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist. Heck, I was looking for you back on the first page...

-fh

LMAO!

Dont kid yourself....I had SH talking me out of posting here since this thread showed up!

Calikid - I like the WWF reference very creative. My (-) for you turned to a (+) for that. See? im not fickle!

[This message has been edited by donk316 (edited 08-17-2004).]

aviator46

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aviator46Send a Private Message to aviator46Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many brownie points does it take to get rated? Hmmm, I'm here for the fun and excitement
Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-17-2004 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mastermind, I'm not strickly an SBC Owner, here's a couple shots of my other car:

As far as I'm concerned, desired engine swap is whatever floats your boat !
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's something for you Cletus,

www.archiecomics.com/pops_shop/0406dailyarchive/pages/image10_gif.htm

That was mature. And I don't see anyone but you complaining about his modification to your screen name. There's plenty of women on this board and none have them have complained yet. Most kids aren't going to make the connection between him calling you a master baiter, which you seem to be, and mastubator, if they even know what that means. In fact, I recall not too long ago a story that was posted in a thread like this. The poster said that his grandkids or nieces and nephews, I don't recall which, used to read the forum with him and were into Fieros. Thier mother was totally cool with that, till one day she and the poster found the kids staring at the woman with the bouncing bosums in someones sig. Thanks to that, those kids don't get to see much of the forum anymore. That uncle or grandfather, whichever it was, and his daughter or sister, again whichever, obviously had taste and had a pretty good idea of what is and isn't acceptable for women and children. Want to guess who that was, that made that judgement call for the sake of the kids?

And we're still waiting for an explanation of your alleged metaphor. There's no analogy there, so I'm really wondering what you seem to think makes it metaphoric.

Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-17-2004 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice car C.K. but that 4.5 is still in the caddy not a Fiero. That does make a difference no?
PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well for me personally, I prefer it in the Caddy, sucks gas like a pig (17 - 18 mpg), now the Fiero with 400 hp gets a 22 avg. (and I've always got my foot in it) !

As I said above, whatever floats your boat. Just don't try to cram your ideas down someone's throat, as it just may not be their idea of the best swap for their dream car.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 08-17-2004).]

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

They are the husbands that would tell their pregnant wifes they look fat.

Damnit, she trapped me... "Honey, do I look fat?"

I tried running but slipped on the cocobutter.

;-)

ZeroC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZeroCClick Here to visit ZeroC's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZeroCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ding Ding

ALLLLLL ABOARD

Next Stop Trash Can

------------------
"This car is so good looking its almost indecent. - AutoWeek on the new 1986 GT"

Zeros Home Page
MSN Messanger tylercaddick@hotmail.com

The Punisher

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 433
User Banned

Report this Post08-17-2004 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
JM / SH

Opinions are like ‘The Punisher” everyone has one ™

Pick up the BONE PHONE Fred Flintstone, and give George Jetson a call. Get with the times and get DSL or cable, something...

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

If you could delete a flamers post in your thread that doesn't do anything for the continuity, direction and spirit of the thread then it would certainly make the forum even that much better.This would however probably render the rating system almost useless then which is probably why Cliff is apparently so against it.

No, I'm against it because it's a really bad idea. Giving the topic starter the ability to censor out posts he doesn't like? Bad, bad idea. And I really shouldn't have to explain why it's a bad idea because it's so glaringly obvious. And thinking it would render the rating system useless is, well, preposterous.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11621 posts
Member since Jan 99

Originally posted by The Punisher:

From all the stupid pics you usually post, I actually like this one!

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11621 posts
Member since Jan 99

In theory the rating should be perfect. You're rated by your peers right? Nope!!! I've been wrongfully convicted and strung up by a SBC lynch mob carefully orchestrated and headed by a tag team of SBC owners. All because I championed the 4.9 and called out the ring leader on his incivility and constant use of personal insults in his post.

All I see is the rating system doing its job perfectly.

donk316

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-17-2004 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All I see is the rating system doing its job perfectly.

Roughly translated into Donk-nese. No one likes you. Piss off.

HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait wait let me guess!!!!
Because as soon as someone posted in a thread that wasnt liked/pointing out wrong info/etc and the thread starter deleted it someone would start a thread bashing the other thread right? That was my first thought.
Do I get a cookie?

Dang Im hungry. Anyone got the oreos handy?.
HIOSILVER

No, I'm against it because it's a really bad idea. Giving the topic starter the ability to censor out posts he doesn't like? Bad, bad idea. And I really shouldn't have to explain why it's a bad idea because it's so glaringly obvious. And thinking it would render the rating system useless is, well, preposterous.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock