Started on: 08-15-2004 04:22 PM
Replies: 189 (4568 views)
Last post by: Mastermind on 08-27-2004 04:31 PM
Kohburn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

No, I'm against it because it's a really bad idea. Giving the topic starter the ability to censor out posts he doesn't like? Bad, bad idea. And I really shouldn't have to explain why it's a bad idea because it's so glaringly obvious. And thinking it would render the rating system useless is, well, preposterous.

the only bad thing I see about it is it gives the thread starter power that could be abused..
with power comes responsability
but as far as i can tell this forum does just as well with no moderator as CRSX.com which has thread moderators, regional moderators, administrators up the wazoo
good job Cliff

IP: Logged
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I started the thread.

Look over it with an objective view.

When did the conversation take a nasty turn?

When did people start to get at loggerheads?

Analyse it and you will see. There a certain players who automatically turn a thread into confrontation and negativity.

Ratings have been applied.

Arn

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

the only bad thing I see about it is it gives the thread starter power that could be abused..
with power comes responsability

You're also forgetting the worst part of someone being able to kill anyone else disagreeing with them in their thread; disinformation. Lets just say that someone posts some information that is totally incorrect but he/she believes it is correct. Everyone that comes in trying to correct this person can now have their post deleted so that wrong information is now passed onto others who are trying to learn. VERY bad idea IMHO.

BTW for you dictionary buffs:
Bait;
"2. to torment or harass, esp. by verbal attacks." Now if you were to put the word master on front of that what do you have? Certainly nothing vulger. What you have is someone who's a 'master' at trashing someone with verbal attacks.
Now a mastURbater is what you're confusing it with and that's something completely different. I agree with Grid in that it's nothing vulger either. In fact, it's an activity that i practice all the time.

------------------
Activities Director N.I.F.E.

www.fierofocus.com

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Gunsul:
You're also forgetting the worst part of someone being able to kill anyone else disagreeing with them in their thread; disinformation. Lets just say that someone posts some information that is totally incorrect but he/she believes it is correct. Everyone that comes in trying to correct this person can now have their post deleted so that wrong information is now passed onto others who are trying to learn. VERY bad idea IMHO.

I believe that falls under abuse of power :-b

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 08-17-2004).]

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why is it that a couple people in the last couple years find archies first name funny?

cletus is a fine first name, ofcourse im from west virginia, its probably alittle more common here than in chicago, but still, a names a name,

and if you really wanna know why archie throws in name calling, its because he is still a kid at heart, i mean, what kinda sane grown-up would put a 400HP SBC in a fiero? i dont know of any.....

BTW this is a public forum basically, when things get outta hand cliff steps in, but for the most part, everything is open for discussion. sometimes things arent so PG13.....

matthew

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you could blame the simpsons for what the name cletus brings to peoples minds
Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

I believe that falls under abuse of power :-b

You're right of course but there are many who don't think about the misinformation part of having a thread poster control his own thread so that's why i used your comment to explain it. I also used your comment because if i had used another persons i might have been drug into the flame war he/they are having and i didn't want that so i figured it was safer to use your comment to explain that part of why it's a bad idea. No disrespect was intended.

timmer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timmerSend a Private Message to timmerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow i had a rough day yesterday and a bad sleep last night ... i had some drama i was gonna dish to my momma .... but then i found this thread and it made me laugh and all me blues melted away as my sides started to pain me the ratings bar looks awsome and everones personalities are why i like to read this forum
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mastermind:

Okay, guys, I'm always open to learning, so tell me why the above post is not a metaphor?

I couldn't resist...

http://www.lcc.gatech.edu/gallery/rhetoric/terms/metaphor.html

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 08-17-2004).]

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

why is it that a couple people in the last couple years find archies first name funny?

cletus is a fine first name, ofcourse im from west virginia, its probably alittle more common here than in chicago, but still, a names a name,

Some folk'll never eat a skunk, and then again some folk'll, it's Cletus the slack jawed yokel...

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/6060/skunk.wav

[This message has been edited by Black88GT (edited 08-17-2004).]

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Gunsul:
No disrespect was intended.

non taken of course - I am always up for a friendly discussion

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All I see is the rating system doing its job perfectly.

I agree, but I'd suggest that you give Banned members 6 months off before letting them back on the Forum.

Kind of a cooling off period.

Be careful that He don't get his posse up and vote you off the island.

Archie (<~~~ He may be a Cletus Archambault, but He's not a MasterBaiter)

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Think his name might be Bob !???

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

.......but I'd suggest that you give Banned members 6 months off before letting them back on the Forum.

I second that notion.

Mastermind

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 207
User Banned

Report this Post08-17-2004 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I agree, but I'd suggest that you give Banned members 6 months off before letting them back on the Forum.

Kind of a cooling off period.

Be careful that He don't get his posse up and vote you off the island.

Archie (<~~~ He may be a Cletus Archambault, but He's not a MasterBaiter)

Cletus aka Archie, I always knew you were a character and popular at PFF. In fact so popular that the Simpsons put you in their show. http://animatedtv.about.com/library/weekly/aa050101a.htm I guess this is why your such a grumpy, crude, rude, dude. Do you prefer Cletus or Mister slack jaw? I hear next season they're going to have Cletus owning a auto repair shop and driving a V8 Fiero. They are also going to have him join a FIERO forum and insult members that he disagrees with. But nobody will correct him because he's so goofy and lovable.

[This message has been edited by Mastermind (edited 08-17-2004).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cletus aka Archie, I always knew you were a character and popular at PFF. In fact so popular that the Simpsons put you in their show. http://animatedtv.about.com/library/weekly/aa050101a.htm I guess this is why your such a grumpy, crude, rude, dude. Do you prefer Cletus or Mister slack jaw? I hear next season they're going to have Cletus owning a auto repair shop and driving a V8 Fiero. They are also going to have him join a FIERO forum and insult members that he disagrees with. But nobody will correct him because he's so goofy and lovable.

Another valuale contibution to PFF by the MasterBaiter.

BTW, you do know that the Simpons isn't real, don't you? It's like a cartoon, you know that, Don't you?

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-17-2004).]

Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-17-2004 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Another valuale contibution to PFF by the MasterBaiter.

BTW, you do know that the Simpons isn't real, don't you? It's like a cartoon, you know that, Don't you?

Archie

Okay Cletus, it's understandable that big TV stars like you like to remain incognito when they're not on TV. Sorry for blowing your cover.

BTW "MasterBaiter" I'm betting thats what you do over the engine bays of all your V8 conversions, ending the night with a big grin on your face.

[This message has been edited by Mastermind (edited 08-18-2004).]

Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gentlemen, thank you for the evenings entertainment. Not sure I'll be able to go to sleep. My sides hurt from laughing so much. It's been fun.

------------------
87 GT
88 Formula

shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah! Well my dad can beat up your dad!! (not aimed at anyone in paticular, but just thought I'd through it in for a laugh)

Kris

Almost forgot.

Sig test
------------------

[This message has been edited by shop_rat45 (edited 08-18-2004).]

shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

shop_rat45

3271 posts
Member since Mar 2004
You know what this thread needs?
Thingie on a trampoline!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Kris

[This message has been edited by shop_rat45 (edited 08-18-2004).]

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shop_rat45:

You know what this thread needs?
Thingie on a trampoline!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Kris

LMAO!

------------------

Ohhhhhh yeahhhh!

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay Cletus, it's understandable that big TV stars like you like to remain incognito when they're not on TV. Sorry for blowing your cover.

BTW "MasterBaiter" I'm betting thats what you do over the engine bays of all your V8 conversions, ending the night with a big grin on your face.

Yeah, I bait fish hooks at the shop. After all the discussion in the last 2 pages about the difference between "bait" & "bate" you still don't understand the difference do you? A Mastermind you're not.

You are so obsessed with Stalking me that You've lost all comprehension of what's going on. I'm going to go lock the doors now.

You've got a problem, you need to seek some help.

Archie

Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2004 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are so obsessed with Stalking me that You've lost all comprehension of what's going on. I'm going to go lock the doors now.

You've got a problem, you need to seek some help.

Archie

Don't flatter yourself Cletus "Slack Jaw" Archambault, tho I can't wait to see you on the Simpsons with the new storyline. http://animatedtv.about.com/library/weekly/aa050101a.htm

I hear next season they're going to have Cletus owning a auto repair shop and driving a V8 Fiero. They are also gonna have him join a FIERO forum and insult members that he disagrees with. But nobody will correct him because he's so goofy and lovable.

Cletus, they replicated you to a T or should I say C for Cletus. They have you exact from your looks to your demeanor.

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
archie, ive done a 327 into a chevy LUV and have great respect for what you do, grumpy, slackjawed or not.
mastermind, i haven't a clue who you are (nor do i really care) and my only basis for forming an opinion on you is what i've seen you post here and in the trash can thread. you know which one i mean.

jeeze, guys, can't you keep it in the trash can where it belongs? go start a political thread in TOT if you want to argue.

Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2004 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cletus, I tried to converse with you on a higher level and all I got in return was personal insults. It's alright when your insulting people with degrading names suchas "MasterBaiter" but you can't handle being called by your birth name, huh Cletus?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cletus, I tried to converse with you on a higher level and all I got in return was personal insults. It's alright when your insulting people with degrading names suchas "MasterBaiter" but you can't handle being called by your birth name, huh Cletus?

Actually my Mother called me Cletus for a number of years, so it don't bother me a bit.

Now that you've learned what Cletus means in the Simpson cartoons, why don't you look it up in the Bible.

For a guy who is the self proclaimed advocate of the 4.9 & who considers himself a Mastermind, it's kinda funny that you can't figure out a way to post a picture of your car.

You want everyone to take your word on anything & everything you say yet you won't even sign your name to your words & you remain hidden behind your keyboard. Maybe you're the one who can't handle being called by your birth name, huh MasterBaiter?

You expect everyone else to respond to your posted comments specifically. Yet you never respond to specific statements that are made to you in posts, you usually take one line out of someones post & use it to continue the flame war.

I expect that you'll take one line out of this post & use it to continue your tyraid.

You invite me into this thread, then complain that we're beating up on you.

Your obviously not a Mastermind & every post you've made in the last year is an attempt to bait someone into a confrontation with you, so the MasterBaiter term fits you perfectly.

All that's gonna change as of Fierorama, you won't have a keyboard to hide behind there.

So, now it's your turn, pick one line out of this post & go back to your normal proceedure of being a jerk.

Archie

DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I expect that you'll take one line out of this post & use it to continue your tyraid.

Archie

Oh Cletus... I have to say your MasterBaiter friend there has some personal issues. Awesome way to stay composed and not stoop to the level of ignoring someones post and ranting about the person in general I took that one line out so I could tyraid. Hope ya dont mind. heh.

Ray <-- I am no afraid of you Archie

------------------
1988 Aero 88 coupe.. 2.8l v6.. more mods to come.
Photo Gallery - Fiero Links - WebShop

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All I see is the rating system doing its job perfectly.

cliff, with all due respect, you don't actually believe that do you? The whole rating system is now based around political parties.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

cliff, with all due respect, you don't actually believe that do you?

Yes I do.

Of course there are a few who misuse the rating system. But not as many as you think. You forget one thing, and that is that I can see who rated who, where, and why. And 90% of the time it's used for what it is meant to be used for. It really isn't all that surprising that if someone acts like a jackass, he gets negatives. Unfortunately, the one on the receiving end will whine it's because he has an "unpopular opinion" instead.

PS: Wooooot! My first post made in the Trash Can!

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PS: Wooooot! My first post made in the Trash Can!

I don't like to post to threads in the trash can. I end up feeling so...dirty.

The Punisher

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 433
User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2004 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sig testies

------------------
JM / SH

I gotta have more cowbell!!!

PFF
System Bot
Lex

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 217
User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2004 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Lex (edited 08-18-2004).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Photo of Mastermind searching for some more intelligent things to say:

FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's alright when your insulting people with degrading names suchas "MasterBaiter" but you can't handle being called by your birth name, huh Cletus?

How is that a degrading name for you? You complain at being called the master at baiting someone to respond (or continue the rhetoric), and then you prove that you ARE in the very same statement by following your complaint with an insulting retort! I'm not sure if it will be worth waiting to witness your "moment of clarity" because that day may never come. Maybe someday you won't be the master-of-baiting, but rather the master-at-mind'ing your own business?

Greg McNeely => Avid Fiero Enthusiast => The purpose of being here in the first place!

Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2004 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Hummm.....C'mon C.K. stop kidding. You know that's you looking for more trashy pictures to post in support of your tag team partner, Cletus.

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

How is that a degrading name for you? You complain at being called the master at baiting someone to respond (or continue the rhetoric), and then you prove that you ARE in the very same statement by following your complaint with an insulting retort! I'm not sure if it will be worth waiting to witness your "moment of clarity" because that day may never come. Maybe someday you won't be the master-of-baiting, but rather the master-at-mind'ing your own business?

Greg McNeely => Avid Fiero Enthusiast => The purpose of being here in the first place!

Don't bother, Greg. He ignores anyone who isn't baited by him.

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Great picture, that's the best laugh I've had in awhile

donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2004 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sig test....
---------------------------
donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2004 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

donk316

1952 posts
Member since Mar 2003
test...this should piss Arn off....oops!

------------------

http://www.gmpcm.com/

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Arn's not gonna like it, but I do. Kinda hypnotic...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock