Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  I think we all need to cheer Archie up... (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I think we all need to cheer Archie up... by Darth Fiero
Started on: 07-16-2004 12:20 AM
Replies: 192 (4554 views)
Last post by: AndyLPhoto on 08-17-2004 05:47 AM
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Well it looks like we have our thread back. It's been 2 days since anyone with a Red Rating bar has posted on here.
Now if there is anyone else that would like to high-jack this thread, please speak up now. I'm getting pretty tired of having jerks following me around turning threads into flame wars.

If I was the average PFF member with a thread going on where I'm just trying to get someinfo on my Fiero, I'd hate to see Archie answer the thread just because I'd know that there are going to be 2 or 3 a$$holes following him around trying to ruin any thread He participates in.

How about it MasterBaiter, you done with your crap yet? How about it Crybaby Howard, do you want some of this? There is a few others.......... any of you guys want to take over this thread?

Yeah then there's always those goodie goodie guys that go around saying "You guys ought to kiss & make up etc." maybe they ought to have one of these jerks following them around for a year or two.

Tom, I don't know who the Masterbaiter guy is, I can't recall seeing any post from him where He signs his name. I've never even seen a picture of his car either, if he has one. AFAIK, He could be some snott nosed punk sitting behind a keyboard at the library somewhere. You'll recall that He responded about 15 times to your post about comparing your 2 V-8 cars. I do know one thing for sure, I'm pretty well fed up with some of these guys & what they do to kill time.

If none of you punks want to highjack this thread again by this time tomorrow, then We'll get back to counting SBC Fieros again. If you do come into highjack it, rest assured that I'll be following you around sniping at you for the next few months.

If you don't have a SBC Fiero or if you don't have anything good to add to our thread, then stay away.

Now can We go back to having a little bit of fun?

Archie

Yea, yea, I know, it was taken from another thread but this is a good example of the typical Archie "contribution" to the forum lately. I think Archie needs to get laid or something. I think we all need to give Archie a great big hug!

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 07-16-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
donk316

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2004 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of whining about folks with red bars...stop handing them out if someone disagrees with you!!!

Actually, while scanning a post ill find myself reading only the "half and half" rating people posts.

but then again, Im no Archie fan by any stretch but this post is just asking for trouble.

Darth, I have to be nice cause your gonna burn my chip soooooo Good job! lmao!

------------------
Calgary - August 1, 2004 Fiero Fiesta
1984 Indy Fiero 3.4/3100 Hybrid NA and...
*ALL THROTTLE AND NO BOTTLE*
http://www.gmpcm.com/ Killer ECM/ PCM tuning software and information

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Donk, thanks for the reply and yes I am serious about cheering archie up. People know that Archie and I don't get along but you know, posts like that one I quoted from him seem to be the norm lately and it is really dragging the PFF community down. Hell, I can't even help some guy with a SBC out without having Archie jump all over me for no reason. Oh well, I guess that just goes to show you the kind of person I am, and the kind of person Archie is. I really do hope he cheers up tho and learns how to not take the internet so seriously before he gives himself a heart-attack.
donk316

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2004 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BTW, I want to add something, I'm as proud as I can be of the SBC drivers that have posted to this thread. Go back and take a look, of the guys that have a SBC in their cars, Not a one of them has a Red bar next to their names.

I think statements like this are the reason I dont have any respect for the guy.

Its hard for me to agree with the whole "cheering up" thing when your dealing with folks who dont see beyond their little world.

Maybe the forum needs a "Archie Supporter" section so I dont have to inadvetently read his drivle.

[This message has been edited by donk316 (edited 07-16-2004).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think we all got a little red in us.

Except for the women. They have it good.

Lady Pegasus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady PegasusSend a Private Message to Lady PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not true. I must have pissed someone off somewhere.

As far as I go...I love Archie. He hasn't done wrong by me. I was even one of his angels.

It just seems that there are some people who get a kick out of following him and smacking him down. That gets tired after awhile, and so he calls it. What's so wrong with that?

I love Arch. And that's that.

Paula

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lady Pegasus:
It just seems that there are some people who get a kick out of following him and smacking him down. That gets tired after awhile, and so he calls it. What's so wrong with that?

My thoughts exactly.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible

YellowRooster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowRoosterSend a Private Message to YellowRoosterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What exactly do you mean by folks dealing out of their little world? Just want to understand you. One of my best buds has a Supercharged 3800. I have a SBC. I respect him and he respects me. That's the beauty of this deal. He does his own thing and I do mine but I would never put him down for anything he ever did nor would he do that to me.

As for Archie, he has treated me great. When I was deciding on a motor mod and didn't know what I wanted he told me about SBC's. He said if I wanted a 3800 he could not help me. Wasn't rude just told me he only did SBC's. AND, it really does seem like certain people follow him around on here bashing him. Not til this is done does he get back on someone.

Mike

Originally posted by donk316:

I think statements like this are the reason I dont have any respect for the guy.

Its hard for me to agree with the whole "cheering up" thing when your dealing with folks who dont see beyond their little world.

Maybe the forum needs a "Archie Supporter" section so I dont have to inadvetently read his drivle.

[This message has been edited by YellowRooster (edited 07-16-2004).]

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think, quite frankly, that those of you that have issues with Archie should quit slingin' crap just to get under his skin, like you're doing here, Darth.

This thread you just made is a perfect example. Archie wasn't even mentioned in Off-Topic, the thread you pulled his quote from was titled "Topic: How many SBC powered Fieros on PFF?? " over in General. He's had somebody named "Mastermind" that's been dogging him and giving him jabs for a while now and when Archie gets jabbed he jabs back. Things had settled down in that thread so now you drag it over to O/T just to stir up more crap. Mastermind has posted some of the most inane crap I've ever read, to be honest, but it's not illegal to be an idiot and you certainly can't ban all idiots from the forum. There are several people that simply read threads and if Archie posts, here come the Archie flames. I've watched it happen too many times.

The shame of it is that Archie really IS a nice guy, who goes out of his way to help his customers, but has a marked lack of tolerance for BS and doesn't even come close to handling it with any kind of diplomacy. That's his personality. Rarely does he ever go out looking for a fight. He won't back down from one, but he generally doesn't go out to start one. The thread you pulled this from is an example. How many SBC powered Fieros on PFF?? This came after several "how many" threads were going. Hell, I was about to start my own called "How many people want to disembowel the next moron that starts a how many thread?" In the middle of the thread, our good buddy Mastermind jumps in, who has no SBC, and gives Archie a little jab. Archie responded, with a very measured reply. Mastermind couldn't leave well enough alone. Now to be fair, both Archie and Mastermind had smileys after their one line responses, but from there a mini flame war started, really not all that big of a deal as these things go. In fact, Archie only made one response to Mastermind, and it was a half dozen words, until the post you decided needed to be brought over here to O/T to stir the pot some more.

If you have a problem with Archie's products, or his opinion, argue and debate it with him. I do. I'm a customer of his and he still can't figure out why I put a 4.9L in the Finale instead of a SBC, but he doesn't have any ill will towards me. If I call him this afternoon he'd treat me like a long lost brother.

Archie is a little older than I am but we're both about twice the average age of this forum. There are always kids that think they know best what to do. Sometimes they even DO know better than the old guys, but they generally have no tact or respect for those with more experience. I know you by reputation, Darth. We have mutual friends that DO know you. I was planning on having you do a chip or two for me but, you know what, never mind. If you don't have anything better to do than drag squabbles from one forum section to another then there are several other people out there with burners that can take care of me that don't pull this crap. You may be a smart guy, Darth. You may know the GM Code to burn chips as well or better than anyone. But you show a remarkable lack of class when you do this kind of thing.

John Stricker

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

Yea, yea, I know, it was taken from another thread but this is a good example of the typical Archie "contribution" to the forum lately. I think Archie needs to get laid or something. I think we all need to give Archie a great big hug!

Mastermind

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 207
User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2004 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Darth,

Clearly PFF has a few sacred cows roaming the boards that get treated as deities. They can say whatever they want as rudely as the want and get praised as if they just found the cure for aids.

Discourse, should be expected and encouraged if one want to hear all sides of a issue. However, some people are intolerant of any position that disagrees with theirs. They seem incapable of accepting the fact that people like different things for a variety of reasons. So what could possibly motivate someone to take time from a thriving business campaign on the internet because of a percieved slight on PFF?

Well, as most of you know I have a 4.9 and I'm very enthusiastic about of I have no problem sharing. It could be coincidential but there seems to be a rush of people installing 4.9s of late. Now what is the other popular V8 for the Fiero and who installs it and also sell kits for them?
It other worlds I believe I'm percieved as a threat to that person's business and should be eliminated. Sorta like GM did to the Fiero because of its threat to the Corvette. The irony is I would have intalled a 3800SC not a SBC had I not installed the 4.9.

Furthermore, I believe in a basic level of respect when communicating with others. As I stated previously some of us can get away with the most crass, juvenile statements and get praised.
I believe some of us are allowing our sense of fairness to be clouded simply because he originated swapping a certain motor in the Fiero. That's fine and good but he should not get a license to ill and excuse bad behavior.

In essence what I saying is...you can disagree with someone yet keep your comments respectable and civil.

[This message has been edited by Mastermind (edited 07-16-2004).]

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate to be the one to break it to you Mastermind, but you're not perceived as a threat to Archie at all. You don't sell kits, you don't even have yours running.

John Stricker

PS: I don't think you want me to tell you what I perceive you as.

Originally posted by Mastermind:

Darth,

Clearly PFF has a few sacred cows roaming the boards that get treated as deities. They can say whatever they want as rudely as the want and get praised as if they just found the cure for aids.

Discourse, should be expected and encouraged if one want to hear all sides of a issue. However, some people are intolerant of any position that disagrees with theirs. They seem incapable of accepting the fact that people like different things for a variety of reasons. So what could possibly motivate someone to take time from a thriving business campaign on the internet because of a percieved slight on PFF?

Well, as most of you know I have a 4.9 and I'm very enthusiastic about of I have no problem sharing. It could be coincidential but there seems to be a rush of people installing 4.9s of late. Now what is the other popular V8 for the Fiero and who installs it and also sell kits for them?
It other worlds I believe I'm percieved as a threat to that person's business and should be eliminated. Sorta like GM did to the Fiero because of its threat to the Corvette. The irony is I would have intalled a 3800SC not a SBC had I not installed the 4.9.

Furthermore, I believe in a basic level of respect when communicating with others. As I stated previously some of us can get away with the most crass, juvenile statements and get praised.
I believe some of us are allowing our sense of fairness to be clouded simply because he originated swapping a certain motor in the Fiero. That's fine and good but he should not get a license to ill and excuse bad behavior.

In essence what I saying is...you can disagree with someone yet keep your comments respectable and civil.

PFF
System Bot
Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2004 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

J., your right I don't do installs nor do I sell kits. However, I think he believes I am influencing others to get 4.9 as opppsed to a sbc which could affect his bottom line.

Moreover, I don't have a problem with you stating whatever your perceptions are of me as long as they are stated in a respectable, civil manner. That's one of the major problems I have with the person in question. He continually makes crude statements and people are afraid to tell the emperor he has no clothes.

Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

I think we all need to give Archie a great big hug!

Archie don't need anything but a little respect.

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

However, I think he believes I am influencing others to get 4.9 as opppsed to a sbc which could affect his bottom line.

Knowing what I know of Archie personally, I doubt he gives you even a second thought, much less 'believes' you're doing anything at all to his bottom line.

The week I had my car up there to have my convertible kit installed, that happened to be the only free week he's had all Spring and Summer, so it was either come up then or wait until late August, and at that time, he had ten V8 jobs scheduled. From where I'm lookin', seems like his bottom line is pretty safe. You've evidently got a high opinion of yourself to think you'd have the influence to affect a continuously-successful 18-year livelihood. LOL!

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Butter:

Well you get what you deserve.

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Darth,

"Clearly PFF has a few sacred cows roaming the boards that get treated as deities. They can say whatever they want as rudely as the want and get praised as if they just found the cure for aids."

Great point.

"Well, as most of you know I have a 4.9 and I'm very enthusiastic about of I have no problem sharing. It could be coincidential but there seems to be a rush of people installing 4.9s of late. Now what is the other popular V8 for the Fiero and who installs it and also sell kits for them?
It other worlds I believe I'm percieved as a threat to that person's business and should be eliminated. Sorta like GM did to the Fiero because of its threat to the Corvette. The irony is I would have intalled a 3800SC not a SBC had I not installed the 4.9."

I have a N* that is on the 10-year installation program . I thought about the LT-1, but didn't like the weight and other fitment issues, regardless of whos kit it was. I tried to find a low mile 3.8SC for a while without luck, then happened upon this complete running 1999 DeVille in 2001, so I bought it for 3k. So I'm intrigued with all kinds of engine swaps and really use as criteria the weight and rpm band in relation to the motor as to what the best swap is. The first person I talked to was Archie, and that was on the phone. In all fairness, I think he just got home froma long day and was tired, but he basically read me the riot act whenever I raised an issue with any problems that the SBC/LT-1 would have.

"Furthermore, I believe in a basic level of respect when communicating with others. As I stated previously some of us can get away with the most crass, juvenile statements and get praised."

Without naming names, look at some of the posts and compare them to their respective ratings.

"In essence what I saying is...you can disagree with someone yet keep your comments respectable and civil."

FU...... I agree, it should be that way.

Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

OK lets see what he deserves from me. He designed this v8 kit so's even a country hick like me can put it in my Fiero and have a "poor man's corvette". I enjoy building and driving that around and I can and have gotten support from him on it. He keeps coming up with mods that some day I may want to try and this keeps fresh an otherwise dead line of car (Fiero). So maybe they don't make em' anymore but you can still give it a face lift to your liken'. He is very active creating in a hobby I enjoy. He is very persistant in doing this even with a few trolls always up his a$$ stirrin' his $hit up. Got to give him some credit for his integrity there.

With much respect I must say "THANKS Archie".

Hartz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HartzSend a Private Message to HartzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It other worlds I believe I'm percieved as a threat to that person's business and should be eliminated.

Um....

When you've got a waiting list months long, been featured in many magazines, won lots of awards, and are making a nice living doing 4.9 installs, then I am sure Archie will take notice.

Look, I've got nothing against 4.9s - they're a nice, economical swap. 3800SCs are also cool. SBCs are fun. N*s are a little scary from an electronics perspective, but also very very cool. Heck, let's not forget 3400DOHCs, Quad4s, short stars, 4.3L V6s, diesel and solar powered Fieros - they're all interesting, too.

What people seem to forget is that Archie is the biggest target out there. Someone always thinks they can do it cheaper or better. Sometimes they can, and sometimes (most times) they can't. If you don't like the idea of a SBC in a Fiero, then don't do one. It's not for you. But I don't think it's fair to make Archie put up with a bunch of sniping and punk kid wannabes. If I had to deal with the nitwits he did on a daily basis, I'd be a real SOB too.

And the next time anyone complains about the perception of Fiero owners, and wonders why everyone from Honda to Mustang owners scoff at Fieros - just go back and read these types of threads and have a good think about it. You're embarrassing yourselves and you need to stop.

Hartz

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The people who like to take pot shots at Archie are missing a very important point.
They are NOT the first ones to do it. It might have been funny - in 1986 when he was getting started.

It's like the fast gun in town. Every little punk and wannabe wants to take a crack at him. Some may be faster, or not, but they all talk a big game. This is nothing new. People have been taking jabs at Archie since before I joined the Forum, so he's heard it all before, and I imagine he's tired of the same old bull. Then some new guy all full of spit and vinegar joins the forum and wants to make a name for himself, so he masterminds some great debate against Archie. Only the names have changed. The BS has stayed the same.

Do you ever get tired of ignorant people bashing Fieros and having to hear the same stupid drivel over and over again?
-They catch on fire...
-They're death traps...
-My buddy had one and fill in the blank...

Well, that's how I'd feel listening to everyone bash me if I were Archie.

But considering the amount of business he does, I don't think anyone here is going to impact his wallet. He's been doing V8 Fieros since long before PFF was here - and I wager he'll be doing it after PFF has finally been shutdown because Cliff finally gets fed up. Unless he retires first. Remember, a lot of his customers join PFF after he does a V8 swap for them. I knew about V8Archie long before I knew PFF even existed.

Before you start attacking someone like Archie who's been helping the Fiero community for a long time, ask yourself what you were doing to help Fiero owners back in 1986, 87, 88..... ?

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 07-16-2004).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

Be sure to look in the mirror when you say that. The knife cuts both ways.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Be sure to look in the mirror when you say that. The knife cuts both ways.

I am aware of that. And I'll remind you of it also now. Perhaps we all need to be reminded of it.

PFF
System Bot
YellowRooster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowRoosterSend a Private Message to YellowRoosterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a very hard time believing this thread was to cheer anyone up.

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was my intention that this thread was NOT an attack on Archie. I just wanted to bring to light some things that I have observed lately. Archie has this bad habit of chasing people around and bashing them at every turn, hell he even admitted that he does it, or is willing to do it in that quote. Why are you people so intent on defending him? In my opinion you are not helping matters, all you are doing is encouraging him to continue doing the same crap day in and day out. If Archie can't grow up and deal with a few "jerks" on the internet then he deserves all the attacks he gets. Personally I would rather not see all of the posts get clogged up with flame wars. I don't have a problem with the internet. I don't lose sleep at night if someone flames me on here. I know the work I have done is my reputation, not some crap that gets said about me on here on PFF.

That is my whole point. This kind of crap needs to leave the PFF community. Yes, part of the problem are the instigators but most of it happens because of people like Archie who bring upon themselves by being so quick to lash out at people. I think everyone here who is defending Archie needs to PM him and tell him to take a pill. It's just the internet. I mean, if things people were saying about him on here were not true, then why get so upset out it? Nobody is going to remember or care 2 months from now something that gets said today. What people will remember is someone who has a very short fuse and they will always be eager to light it.

Like I said before Archie needs to calm down before he hurts himself. If he can't handle the heat then he needs to stay out of the kitchen. As for you people who think you need to attack or bash me because I brought this up, go right ahead, it's just the internet, it's not like it really matters, nor that I would really care. What I do care about is the PFF community. I would just like to see the BS calm down or stop here on PFF so this community can return to a better place where people feel FREE to offer their opinions and help without the FEAR of getting attacked by the great "V8 Archie and his dedicated followers".

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The people who like to take pot shots at Archie are missing a very important point.
They are NOT the first ones to do it. It might have been funny - in 1986 when he was getting started.

It's like the fast gun in town. Every little punk and wannabe wants to take a crack at him. Some may be faster, or not, but they all talk a big game. This is nothing new. People have been taking jabs at Archie since before I joined the Forum, so he's heard it all before, and I imagine he's tired of the same old bull. Then some new guy all full of spit and vinegar joins the forum and wants to make a name for himself, so he masterminds some great debate against Archie. Only the names have changed. The BS has stayed the same.

Do you ever get tired of ignorant people bashing Fieros and having to hear the same stupid drivel over and over again?
-They catch on fire...
-They're death traps...
-My buddy had one and fill in the blank...

Well, that's how I'd feel listening to everyone bash me if I were Archie.

But considering the amount of business he does, I don't think anyone here is going to impact his wallet. He's been doing V8 Fieros since long before PFF was here - and I wager he'll be doing it after PFF has finally been shutdown because Cliff finally gets fed up. Unless he retires first. Remember, a lot of his customers join PFF after he does a V8 swap for them. I knew about V8Archie long before I knew PFF even existed.

Before you start attacking someone like Archie who's been helping the Fiero community for a long time, ask yourself what you were doing to help Fiero owners back in 1986, 87, 88..... ?

Building the dog house is noble, but it doesn't give you license to kick the dog...

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I built a dog house for a dog, and the appreciation I got shown for it was a bite, I'd damn sure kick it.
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

If I built a dog house for a dog, and the appreciation I got shown for it was a bite, I'd damn sure kick it.

please. He gets enough appreciate from the people who follow him around and praise him..

I Annoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I AnnoySend a Private Message to I AnnoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, as most of you know I have a 4.9 and I'm very enthusiastic about of I have no problem sharing. It could be coincidential but there seems to be a rush of people installing 4.9s of late.

umm, correct me if I am wrong but.... do you think you have had that much influence on this board that people are swapping in 4.9's based on your recommendation..................?

You are no Jon or Pete (Rockcrawl or PBJ) You think a lot more highly of yourself than others here do.

------------------
The rebirth of 72vinman

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Especially when the dogs that do all the yapping aren't my dogs and I didn't build the doghouse for them.

Oh, and Johnny, thanks for the reminder to look in the mirror. Next time I'm telling someone they got what they deserved, I'll remember it. Although I haven't told anyone that in a long, long time.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A. Archie doesn't need a hug.
B. Archie doesn't need help when dealing with Trolls, although I'm sure he apprecaites it if someone stands up for him in defense, just like anyone of us would feel in a similar situation.
C. I've never seen Archie attack anyone, who didn't have it coming from posts they've made. He doesn't draw first blood.
D. Archies rating bar shows that he has made very significant contributions to this Forum.

I could go on further, but you get the point. For those of you thinking I posted this because I have an Archie Kit, think again, his kit is not in my car, and I've never purchased anything from him. I do however "Respect" him for what he has contributed to this Forum and the Fiero Community.

You guys can say all you want about Sacrid Cows and the Rating System; but I've been here a while, I don't see any Cows running around, and the Red Bars next to the User Name were deserved 99.9% of the time. Of course that's my opinion, nothing to get excited about, I'm just one guy.

Note to Mastermind: Your attitude and lame justification for your posts are pushing you quickly to the permanent exit door. Of course that's just my observation, I could be wrong.

Rant over.

------------------

0 to 75 Audio http://www.cartsys.com/fiero/cal-engine.wav

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 07-16-2004).]

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, and Johnny, thanks for the reminder to look in the mirror. Next time I'm telling someone they got what they deserved, I'll remember it. Although I haven't told anyone that in a long, long time.

Wait.. are you insulting me? I can't even tell anymore.

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok, how about this: Building the dog house is noble, but it doesn't give you license to kick the neighbor's dog.

Idea is that Archie might make good stuff and help part of the Fiero community out, but if you don't do a SBC or LT-1 he doesn't really help you directly. Of course I include body kits and other stuff he does, but Archie's influence in the Fiero community doesn't stand-alone give him license to go off on people, especially people that he will never help via they don't ask for it. It's kinda like being required to worship the president of a neighboring country that has no affect on your country.

PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, then, Ed, what gives others the right to give Archie crap?
I'd wager if people who don't like Archie or his swaps would leave him alone and stop trolling for him, they'd find themselves in his crosshairs much less - if at all.

Consider it a little experiment. Stop whining and moaning about Archie and posting in his threads or trying to stir up crap about him in other threads and see if he still kicks your dog, so to speak.

His work doesn't give him license to go off on people. But when people go off on him, it's stupid to expect him not to respond.

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once again, you have no idea what you're talking about. Archie has helped me, and a lot of other people, and long before I spent a penny with him. It was BECAUSE of that help that I DID finally buy a Finale kit.

Don't forget as well that he was a major sponsor of Wheatstock, particularly the track day. He paid for 5 spots for the track day. $500, cash up front. He said they were for the first 5 of his customers that wanted to claim them. ONE person took advantage of his generosity. He didn't whine and moan about it, he didn't ask for his money back. To top THAT off, when I was chatting with him one day (ordering a front battery box for the Finale), I mentioned that I hated to ask him about sponsoring a class for the show because he'd already donated a lot, but that I also didn't want to deny him the chance to donate for the kit car class if he wanted. I told him there was no pressure, it was up to him, and I just wanted him to know about it. He didn't bat an eye and donated to sponsor the kit car class at the show as well.

He didn't have to do that, not any of it, but he did.

Now how much have YOU given back to the community, Ed?

John Stricker

Originally posted by I'm Back:

Ok, how about this: Building the dog house is noble, but it doesn't give you license to kick the neighbor's dog.

Idea is that Archie might make good stuff and help part of the Fiero community out, but if you don't do a SBC or LT-1 he doesn't really help you directly. Of course I include body kits and other stuff he does, but Archie's influence in the Fiero community doesn't stand-alone give him license to go off on people, especially people that he will never help via they don't ask for it. It's kinda like being required to worship the president of a neighboring country that has no affect on your country.

Shananigans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShananigansSend a Private Message to ShananigansEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know Archie and have never done any bussiness with him yet. But I will tell you this, from what I have seen of his accomplishments, he has my respect and he should be honored for his contributions to the Fiero world. Best regards to you Archie.
Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2004 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find some of these replies incredulous as I read them in absolute amazement. Many of these replies read as "I don't know all the facts but I'm gonna defend Archie only because it's Archie." While others read, "I'm doing or I've done a V8 swap so I want to stay in Archie's good graces in case I need him for something." Why does his supporters only focus on his swap business and kit? I don't have a problem with him doing V8 swaps. I say again, my major problem is his crass, rude, juvenile behavior totally unbefitting of someone who has achieved so much. Archie's behavior is reminscent of the soup chef on Seinfeld. One rude, crude, dude. Fine, if that's his personality but don't act as tho he's the second coming and without sin. Supporters of this only insure that behavior will continue unabated.

Darth Fiero, I have much respect for you, in part because your very smart and know your stuff. But also because you can articulate your intellect without insulting those you are trying to help.

Finally, I challenge all Archie supporters that are pointing me out as a "instigator" to post a link to an example to support your allegations. And I'll bet 99.9% of the time it will reveal Archie as the true instigator. Fair enough?

BTW here is a quote and the link of Archie chasing me over the forum to harrass.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043622.html

Looks like you were Wrong AGAIN Mr. Mastermind.

Mastermind, just a few days ago you were running around to every thread throwing flames and arrows. Beating your chest like some monkey............ today we find you in the alley behind the shopping center trying to sell items out of the dumpster for a (+)

Yeah, I thought about leaving you alone down here. I fact I have left you alone for a couple of days. But then I thought about it, if the rolls were reversed, you'd still be in there kicking away.

Oh the Humanity........

Archie

POS., I thought I'd add a Smiley Face so you'd think I was just kidding around (but I'm not)

[This message has been edited by Mastermind (edited 07-16-2004).]

donk316

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2004 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Butter:

respect is earned not given.

Oh look!!! 3 more negatives in this thread for me! How shocking!

[This message has been edited by donk316 (edited 07-16-2004).]

donk316

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2004 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

donk316

1952 posts
Member since Mar 2003

I find some of these replies incredulous as I read them in absolute amazement. Many of these replies read as I don't know all the facts but I'm gonna defend Archie only because it's Archie. While others read, "I'm doing or I've done a V8 swap so I want to stay in Archie's good graces in case I need him for something." Why does his supporters only focus on his swap business and kit? I don't have a problem with him doing V8 swaps. I say again, my major problem is his crass, rude, juvenile behavior totally unbefitting of someone who has achieved so much. Archie's behavior is reminscent of the soup chef on Seinfeld. One rude, crude, dude. Fine, if that's his personality but don't act as tho he's the second coming and without sin. Supporters of this only insure that behavior will continue unabated.

Darth Fiero, I have much respect for you, in part because your very smart and know your stuff. But also because you can articulate your intellect without insulting those you are trying to help

Well said.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finally, I challenge all Archie supporters that are pointing me out as a "instigator" to post a link to an example to support your allegations. And I'll bet 99.9% of the time it will reveal Archie as the true instigator. Fair enough?

BTW here is a quote and the link of Archie chasing me over the forum to harrass.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043622.html

NO THAT'S NOT FAIR ENOUGH !!! Why should any of us go through more work digging out the posts you've made, that we've already read to form our opinion of you ???? YOU GO BACK AND READ EVERYTHING YOU'VE POSTED, BUT FIRST, REMOVE THE BIG CHIP FROM YOUR SHOULDER WHEN READING THEM, AND TRY TO LOOK AT IT FROM AN OUTSIDE VIEW POINT.

And how nice of you to post Archie's response, which he posted "after you really pi$$ed him off". What the heck does that prove???

You know, you can keep carrying on with this if you want, but I've noticed each time you post, your rating number goes up, and the green bar looks like it's shrinking. Think about it.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 07-16-2004).]

donk316

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2004 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

You know, you can keep carrying on with this if you want, but I've noticed each time you post, your rating number goes up, and the green bar looks like it's shrinking. Think about it.

LOL! yeah let the ratings bar determine your responses! Dont stir the pot or question anyone! Fascism at its finest.

Lex

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 217
User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2004 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043622.html - Mastermind's thread. Notice it shouldn't be in Gen Chat, usually not a big deal to me but....

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043386.html I am confused by the message being sent here.....

Just "policing the forum" like you suggested Mastermind.......

[This message has been edited by Lex (edited 07-16-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock