Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  I think we all need to cheer Archie up... (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I think we all need to cheer Archie up... by Darth Fiero
Started on: 07-16-2004 12:20 AM
Replies: 192 (4554 views)
Last post by: AndyLPhoto on 08-17-2004 05:47 AM
Butter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by donk316:

Im no Archie fan by any stretch but this post is just asking for trouble.

From the very first reply.

IP: Logged
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2004 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

"Sometimes you realize a thread can only get worse from there on. It's not like people will spontaneously fall into each other's arms, apologize and move on." 1)

1) From: 101 answers to the question "Why are threads moved to the Trash Can?"
Also available in paperback.

LMAO!!!

Cliff you are killing me with these pearls of great wisdom.

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh well I guess I have my whole life in front of me to figure out how not to be an a$$. Too bad Archie you don't have enough time left in your life to reverse all of the years you have been an A$$...not that you would care.

My greatest mistake for starting this thread is believeing that some people could actually remove their noses from archie's a$$ long enough to see how he really is and how he treats people who have a different opinion than he does. Guess I was wrong.

Have a nice day.

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Darth Fiero

5921 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Originally posted by Archie:

Does that mean you finally finished that V-6 Fiero swap? https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/047231.html What did it take you? 4 months???, don't break you arm patting yourself on the back.

Archie

Yea Archie, I do the swaps all by myself, I don't have to hire "kids" at minimum wage to do the work for me. So it takes time. It takes even more time when you have trouble with the engine supplier and when other parts get put on back order. Not to mention getting ready for the car shows, performing regular maintanence on my other vehicles, and doing the other emergency repair/swap work that comes up in that span of time. At least I can pat myself on the back knowing that car was built by ME and not by my employees while I sat in an air conditioned office and screwed around on the computer or phone all day. I think you are just jealous that I was able to post such a DETAILED build thread because I was the person doing all the work. When was the last time you posted such a thread in which YOU were the only one who PERSONALLY did an engine swap?

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 07-20-2004).]

YellowRooster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowRoosterSend a Private Message to YellowRoosterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie,

Didn't you at one time do all of your swaps?

Haven't you made such a name and business for yourself you don't have to do them yourself anymore? Is that called a growing business?

Aren't you the one that the "kids" go to when they are stumped? When I was up there and you had about three different customer projects going on it sure seems like you jumped in and knew exactly what you were doing. Was that just a figment of my imagination? Maybe ?

I would rather refer to them as young men but aren't they pretty darn good workers for you?

Archie, didn't I see you dealing with three screwed up parts orders also when I was up there? Oh wait those don't count.

And Archie, Is my nose up your butt because I seen this thread as a problem waiting to happen so I commented on certain items?

Darth, I don't know you too well, but according to the posts I've read on here, you do great 3800 work. Also seen you burning some chips at the dells for people and they were coming back very happy with your product. And just because I have bought a V8 kit from Archie is NOT the reason I have stuck up for him. You have some notion that just because some of us have spent money with Archie we are brown nosers and have them up his butt. NO, the fact is I just didn't see the benefit in this thread and you say you were cheering him up but halfway through it you were bashing him before Archie even responded. Now how is that trying to cheer him up or how is that a positive thread? Even if it was starting out as what you state, you seen how it was going, shouldn't you have stepped in and stopped it since it SINCE you stated several times you didn't intend this to be a flame contest towards Archie???

I would have stuck up for anyone in the same situation!

[This message has been edited by YellowRooster (edited 07-20-2004).]

Hartz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HartzSend a Private Message to HartzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually I think I can draw an interesting conclusion:

People who actually use V8Archie products are SO HAPPY with them that they sometimes appear as a loyal, crazed, butt-kissing, Kool-Aid drinking cult. They're so insanely happy with the information, service, and products they have received that they think nothing of vociferously defending their supplier.

Must be some good stuff, eh?

Hartz

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea I guess if someone has done something good in the past that excuses them from all fault in the present.
Hartz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HartzSend a Private Message to HartzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

Yea I guess if someone has done something good in the past that excuses them from all fault in the present.

But that's exactly my point! How good must be this V8 conversion be if so many are willing to go so far? Clearly this must be the be all and end all of engine swaps!

Thanks Darth, you've convinced me - SBCs are WAY > than 4.9L!

<giggle> I'm done now. Sorry to prolong this sillyness...

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:
I think you are just jealous

That's right Darth, I'm jealous.

Now that means that you can now go back minding you're own business and quit starting threads aimed at bashing me.

You complain that I mis-treat people, or that I don't burn my own chips, or that I have people working for me you even complain that I have happy customers, you call them brown nosers. You've called them other names in the past, what do you say about your customers when they aren't listening?

You keep on trying to tell me how I should behave & how I should run my business. The fact that you started this thread just for the sole purpose of bashing me proves that you are not qualified to be telling anyone else what to do.

I've tried to reason with you before & that just doesn't work.

I've spent the last 6 months avoiding threads that you've posted in, until you've drawn me in by reference or inference. But that's not good enough, you still have to start a thread to bash me in.

So, We come to this, Just what the He77 do I have to do to get you to leave me the F--- alone?

When does it end? When have you had enough? Do you even realize that you are doing the exact same thing that you accuse me of? When does it end? What is your point?

Archie

isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by isthiswhereiputausername? (edited 07-21-2004).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 07-22-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

California Kid

9541 posts
Member since Jul 2001
test

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 07-22-2004).]

The Adjuster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AdjusterClick Here to visit The Adjuster's HomePageSend a Private Message to The AdjusterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! well I've been putting in 14 and 12 hour days at school/clinics and haven't had much time to keep up with Pennock's lately. As Darth's fiancee I have a bit of a unique perspective. Am I proud of him for saying something as crude as Archie needs laid? of course not, However Archie I'll even send you a hug! This thing belonged in the trash can after the first four posts. However, archie...I know for a fact that Darth has never called you in his life...and probably won't ever. Simply stated he doesn't need to. He has been working on SBC's for a long time and frankly doesn't really need your advice. Oh and that swap that he just did for Yellowartero that took 4 months was mainly vendor problems such as rarew66 's paint job that was supposed to take three weeks and took two and a half months and the list goes on but that is what you get for truely putting out a quality product and taking the time to do it right. Of course he just finished 98% of a sc 3800 swap in a buick in 9 days because it did not need to be of the utmost show quality it just had to run and all the parts came in in time. Watch for the next swap which is my car and is a simple series II 3800 conversion that should be done in time for Heartland if all goes right. If you pay attention Darth has been putting at least 10 hour days in and usually it is more like 12 when he wants to. On top of his swaps he is also programming chips, helping others out, and helping me maintain the household chores and has a good time in life. He is at the point that in less than one year is able to support us on what he does in the garage and doesn't need to work for anyone else flipping burgers. He is not just a fiero guy, he is a man that works on all makes and models of gm and gm conversion cars and this is not his only source of income as you would like to think. So when he hasn't had a thread up in a while it is probably due to having some other make of car in the garage that most here on the board wouldn't be interested in. But seriously back to topic if there is one, thanks archie for the dells go-karting tickets, both Darth and I had a great time on your bill so I can be woman enough to thank you personally and yes If I ever get the chance I'll buy you a beer, but since Darth and I don't drink much, I don't think you have to worry about having a boring conversation over a beer with me. I think everyone here on the board needs and ego check...life is short play hard while you can...find your passion and follow your dreams. This certainly isn't worth getting feathers ruffled over after all it is only the internet and even if you love your car, love your family more. There are more important things than SBC vs 3800 in the world, the simple things are what make life worth living and if this board continues to be so ugly and we can't even treat each other with human dignity...I don't even want to be associated with it. Why don't we all cheer up ...this argument shouldn't be as engrained as the Palestineans and the Isrealis deep hatred of each other. Why don't we all just agree to disagree and quit flaming every single post and quit calling each other names, this isn't fourth grade is it? I hope that we can get back to a place where we can be reasonable adults and not beat each other to a pulp. Obviously the Fiero community is strong enough today to keep everyone in business and it shouldn't be necessary to try and undermine each other. ALRIGHT GROUP HUG!!!!

donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2004 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awwwww! I want a cyber girl to stick up for me too! Do you have a sister?

------------------
Calgary - August 1, 2004 Fiero Fiesta
1984 Indy Fiero 3.4/3100 Hybrid NA and...
*ALL THROTTLE AND NO BOTTLE*
http://www.gmpcm.com/ Killer ECM/ PCM tuning software and information

linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems I planned impecably for this thread. You see my tub of popcorn is now empty
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well all be damned! This one hit the trash and isn't about a riced out lime green iron duke Fiero either.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Adjuster:

Well I'm glad you had a good time at the Dells.

However, this stuff with Darth following me around this Forum telling me what to do & how to do it has been going on for almost 2 years now & I'm fed up with it. It has happened often enough that it could be considered stalking. I'll post a couple of dozen links if you'd like.

So, it's cute that you're here to speak up for him. However, I (& a few others') are waiting to hear answers to the questions I asked & those answers will need to come directly from Darth.

Nite

Archie

The Adjuster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2004 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The AdjusterClick Here to visit The Adjuster's HomePageSend a Private Message to The AdjusterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Donk, sorry my sister has been married for ten years and with the same guy since she was 14! But thanks for the compliment!
Sincerely, Heather

[This message has been edited by The Adjuster (edited 07-24-2004).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2004 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

So, We come to this, Just what the He77 do I have to do to get you to leave me the F--- alone?

When does it end? When have you had enough? Do you even realize that you are doing the exact same thing that you accuse me of? When does it end? What is your point?

Archie

How about it Darth? Yeah, that's right, I could just let this thread die.

The problem with that is you'll be right back here starting another Archie bashing thread next month if you don't take care of it now.

So, answer the questions Darth.

Archie

donk316

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2004 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Adjuster:

Donk, sorry my sister has been married for ten years and with the same guy since she was 14! But thanks for the compliment!
Sincerely, Heather

Bah! If i met your sister iwould be like "hey baby, wassup?" and she would be like " oh donk your so cool" and i would say "damn right,you betta reckognize whos da man up in da house" and she would say " oh my, you are quite the manly man. Take me now" and i would say " oh yeah baby, meet me out back in 5, i gotta get my groove on" and she would say " yes daddy" and i would smack her ass as she walked out the door. then i would be in the bathroom getting all pimp and go out back and show her what donks do.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2004 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bah! If i met your sister iwould be like "hey baby, wassup?" and she would be like " oh donk your so cool" and i would say "damn right,you betta reckognize whos da man up in da house" and she would say " oh my, you are quite the manly man. Take me now" and i would say " oh yeah baby, meet me out back in 5, i gotta get my groove on" and she would say " yes daddy" and i would smack her ass as she walked out the door. then i would be in the bathroom getting all pimp and go out back and show her what donks do.

another ode to Canadian Sex..

PFF
System Bot
Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2004 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

another ode to Canadian Sex..

BECAUSE I AM CANADIAN

[This message has been edited by Oneredfiero (edited 07-27-2004).]

Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2004 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oneredfiero

999 posts
Member since Mar 2002
Opps.

[This message has been edited by Oneredfiero (edited 07-27-2004).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-27-2004 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Quick question.
What is a "donk"? Is it anything like a jackass?

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 07-27-2004).]

Starfighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2004 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StarfighterSend a Private Message to StarfighterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Test....
Wesley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2004 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WesleySend a Private Message to WesleyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oops

[This message has been edited by Wesley (edited 07-27-2004).]

donk316

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-27-2004 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

Quick question.
What is a "donk"? Is it anything like a jackass?

You never saw "crocodile dundee"? ........I dont need a gun Ive got a Donk....Whats a Donk?....<huge dude bends gun and smiles>....Thats a Donk!

See nothing like a jackass. Your must be confusing me with your Mother. Who must have been stupid cause your the load she should have swallowed.

Nuff Said!

LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nah, i'm up too late to post anything intelligent or funny

[This message has been edited by LITEDAZE (edited 07-28-2004).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-28-2004 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You never saw "crocodile dundee"? ........I dont need a gun Ive got a Donk....Whats a Donk?....<huge dude bends gun and smiles>....Thats a Donk!

See nothing like a jackass. Your must be confusing me with your Mother. Who must have been stupid cause your the load she should have swallowed.

Nuff Said!

Humm well I never knew that.

According to my father my mother gave lowsey head so it's no surprise to me she didn't swallow. You on the other hand, I like the way you suck... are you having any difficulties swallowing? Just reply with another gag post like the one I quoted above, I'm getting such a rush from it.

Coinage

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

Humm well I never knew that.

According to my father my mother gave lowsey head so it's no surprise to me she didn't swallow. You on the other hand, I like the way you suck... are you having any difficulties swallowing? Just reply with another gag post like the one I quoted above, I'm getting such a rush from it.

lol...thats pretty funny

chevyguy619

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-29-2004 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chevyguy619Send a Private Message to chevyguy619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
donk you are my hero
PFF
System Bot
Wesley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WesleySend a Private Message to WesleyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
holy sh*t donk I havent laughed so hard in a long time thats some good stuff right there Im gonna start hanging out in the trash can lol

------------------

Wesley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WesleySend a Private Message to WesleyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wesley

768 posts
Member since May 2004
sig test

------------------

Wesley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WesleySend a Private Message to WesleyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wesley

768 posts
Member since May 2004
sig test

------------------

blayde8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blayde8Send a Private Message to blayde8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
test

[This message has been edited by blayde8 (edited 07-31-2004).]

Azriel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2004 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AzrielSend a Private Message to AzrielEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Azriel (edited 07-31-2004).]

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think ppl get bored and just love raising stink and making trouble. Or just like arguing.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2004 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fieroEarl:

I think ppl get bored and just love raising stink and making trouble. Or just like arguing.

We do not like arguing!

JazzMan

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

We do not like arguing!

JazzMan

James, you exagerate more than anybody in the whole universe.

Azriel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-03-2004 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AzrielSend a Private Message to AzrielEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carrying around hostility toward someone is like carrying a hot coal, waiting to thow it at them. In the end you hurt yourself more than your enemy.

From a fortune cookie

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock