Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  I think we all need to cheer Archie up... (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I think we all need to cheer Archie up... by Darth Fiero
Started on: 07-16-2004 12:20 AM
Replies: 192 (4554 views)
Last post by: AndyLPhoto on 08-17-2004 05:47 AM
California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by donk316:

LOL! yeah let the ratings bar determine your responses! Dont stir the pot or question anyone! Fascism at its finest.

You should look up Fascism up in the Dictionary. Just my opinion, but I see that as a very extreme left wing view of what goes on here at Pennocks, and could only be perceived like that by a troubled mind. Funny, I don't notice hardly any posts on this Forum where people are intentionally posting to 'suck up' to the group, Mastermind did though, after he buried himself.

Normally I don't speak out too much here, but I'm getting pretty tired of reading some of the crap posted. You might say, you don't have to read it, my response: you have to read it to determine if it's crap or not. Most of us come here to share out interest in the Fiero and discover what other are doing with their cars, it's a nice way to spent some idle time, or do some research. If the Forum goes "uncontrolled" by it's Members, it won't be very long before it's shut down, or the quality of people left here won't be worth the visit.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 07-16-2004).]

IP: Logged
G-Nasty

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-NastyClick Here to visit G-Nasty's HomePageSend a Private Message to G-NastyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see my soldiers have done well here...I am a 5-star General of this so-called redbar brigade.
There are legions of soldiers in this powerful & angry army.
Just like the corrupt Republican controlled Congress we have numbers and financial backing.

That little red bar I've been crucified w/ is because of my political views...

So I want to take the time to qoute some very deep **** ...
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce and brave man, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

"If you make peaceful change impossible.....you make violent revolution inevitable." - President John F Kennedy

My take on Archie: He may be a grumpy old man but the guy is a Fiero GOD. Merciless as this god is-dude rocks and he's a major asset to PFF.
Darth: Treat him to a margarita or beers if you want to cheer Cleatus V Eightiius up-
or sacrifice a goat or two.
OUT>

[This message has been edited by G-Nasty (edited 07-16-2004).]

freshfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freshfieroSend a Private Message to freshfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! I cannot believe some of the things i'm reading! Archie,Darth and Cali kid all have had made wonderful strides for the fiero world. I for one, a small budgeted fiero owner thrive on the info these guys give away FREE on the internet. reason enough for all of us to publicly thank them. Though they may not get along non of us need to fuel there fire, I'm shure they have each others email and settled there diffrences long ago. The way i see it if it werent for these guys non of us would be as deep into this fiero thing. they are all very very good at what they do, Please lets stop the bickering and all get together for a cook out or something -gary-

------------------

------ MY FLEET-----
.....1984 2m4 se-305 v8 swap in progress....
.....1987 2m4 base duke all original.....
.....1985 2m6 gt. stage 3 chip, no cat.....
.....1993 Jeep grand cherokee v8.....
.....1986 chevy p/u fullsize 4.3.....

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by G-Nasty:

That little red bar I've been crucified w/ is because of my political views...

That's pretty sad on a car forum.

Politics and Religion shouldn't be discussed on the internet, if you take a strong stand, at least 50% of the people are going to be against you.

G-Nasty

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-NastyClick Here to visit G-Nasty's HomePageSend a Private Message to G-NastyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apparently its more to the tune of 75%...
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lex:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043622.html - Mastermind's thread. Notice it shouldn't be in Gen Chat, usually not a big deal to me but....

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043386.html I am confused by the message being sent here.....

Just "policing the forum" like you suggested Mastermind.......

Kinda reminds me of this picture.

Mastermind

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 207
User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2004 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Calikid,

I have no issue with you. So why are you continually injecting yourself into the fray as if you are?

Botton line, my principles and civility are not regulated by owning a Fiero or a bar rating. Irrespective of the color. I treat everyone with respect, even those who do not deserve it sometime. Your either principled and civil or you aren't and no amount of achievements can change that. And isn't it interesting how many people Archie has personally pi$$ed off? It's also interesting that Archie's supporters ALWAYS try and paint Archie's victim as the problem without ever addressing his boorish behavior.

I'm glad he doesn't also sell kool-aid because PFF would be missing a great number of members.

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bahahahaha, now thats funny. Sadly tho some of the threads I have been reading lately end up having people posting that make themselves look like that. Thats what this thread is all about. You know, Archie does have some interesting products and generally does have some good ideas. The problem is he gets on here and has this attitude that everyone is out to get him and make his business fail. What he fails to see is that if he is capable of running a successful business outside of the internet, then he has nothing to worry about that gets said here on the internet. I just don't see how jumping up and down on people's heads is going to help his business. Guess thats just the way I look at it, who knows I could be wrong. Maybe jumping up and down on peoples heads and insulting them will make them even more eager to buy your products or services.

As for me I will continue helping people. I could give a rat's ass if people try to flame me. I invite competition because it drives me to IMPROVE upon the products and services that I offer, which in turn will only serve to improve my small business.

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 07-16-2004).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mastermind:

Calikid,

I have no issue with you. So why are you continually injecting yourself into the fray as if you are?

Botton line, my principles and civility are not regulated by owning a Fiero or a bar rating. Irrespective of the color. I treat everyone with respect, even those who do not deserve it sometime. Your either principled and civil or you aren't and no amount of achievements can change that. And isn't it interesting how many people Archie has personally pi$$ed off? It's also interesting that Archie's supporters ALWAYS try and paint Archie's victim as the problem without ever addressing his boorish behavior.

I'm glad he doesn't also sell kool-aid because PFF would be missing a great number of members.

I wasn't going to post in this thread anymore because I said my piece, just like you, I have an opinion (right, wrong, or indifferent). I'm only responding because you addressed me directly, so here you go:

Your so called princilples and civility have landed you in some hot water here on the Forum, and you've been around long enough to know what stirs people up, and what doesn't. Despite some pretty clear warnings that a lot of Members don't care for what you've contributed to this Forum, you continue to post things that people don't care to read here. I've tried to make you understand that, but you aren't getting the message.

As far as Archie selling kool-aid to Members that have "really" gotten under his skin, just my opinion, but the Forum would be better off without them (and I really don't think there are as many as you think).

Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-17-2004 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not a image I would normally associate with you Calikid. I guess it shows just how influential Archie is. It's very telling how in post after post people make excuses for Archie's behavior without addressing it directly. I guess today I'm the problem, it will be someone else tomorrow, and another one in the future all because Archie flies off the handle and bites peoples heads off at the slightest whim.

I wasn't going to post in this thread anymore because I said my piece, just like you, I have an opinion (right, wrong, or indifferent). I'm only responding because you addressed me directly, so here you go:

Your so called princilples and civility have landed you in some hot water here on the Forum, and you've been around long enough to know what stirs people up, and what doesn't. Despite some pretty clear warnings that a lot of Members don't care for what you've contributed to this Forum, you continue to post things that people don't care to read here. I've tried to make you understand that, but you aren't getting the message.

As far as Archie selling kool-aid to Members that have "really" gotten under his skin, just my opinion, but the Forum would be better off without them (and I really don't think there are as many as you think).

But ones principles should not be determined by a popularity contest. Which reminds me of a saying......What's popular is not always right and what's right is not always popular" thus the hot water as you put it.

edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

The week I had my car up there to have my convertible kit installed, that happened to be the only free week he's had all Spring and Summer, so it was either come up then or wait until late August, and at that time, he had ten V8 jobs scheduled. From where I'm lookin', seems like his bottom line is pretty safe.

Ten! Woot! Go Archie!

Ed

PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

The problem is he gets on here and has this attitude that everyone is out to get him and make his business fail. What he fails to see is that if he is capable of running a successful business outside of the internet, then he has nothing to worry about that gets said here on the internet. I just don't see how jumping up and down on people's heads is going to help his business.

Just to give you another opinion, I don't see it that way. While Archie does have a Fiero related Business, I don't see him coming on here as a "Salesman" trying to push his products on anyone. If that were the case, you'd see one heck of a lot more posts from him. On the other hand, the internet is a Marketing Tool, where unfounded slams against someone can change opinions formed by some people, and defense is warranted under these conditions. Lastly, I think when Archie posts here, he is like most of us, just talking cars because he enjoys talking cars, he's speaking as an individual most of the time, not a Business Man. If you get an individual stirred up on the internet, be prepared for some severe back-lash, that's just the way it is. You'd have to sit in Archie's chair for a couple months to fully realize just how much crap he's had to take from some people. Frankly, I'm sure that anyone that's talked to him on a serious business level understands what I'm trying to say here. That's my perception, I don't think I'm much off the mark, although I don't know him personally, and haven't done business with him. I'm just calling it like I see it.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

California Kid

9541 posts
Member since Jul 2001

But ones principles should not be determined by a popularity contest. Which reminds me of a saying......What's popular is not always right and what's right is not always popular" thus the hot water as you put it.

I don't, and I'm sure most Members don't believe the Rating System is a meaure of Popularity, but a measure of Contribution to the Forum. Heck, I can like a guy, but that doesn't mean I automatically give him a + . By the same token, I can dislike someone, but that doesn't mean I'm going to rate him - . If you look at how many posts some people have, you'll notice that ratings are given considerable thought before someone pushes the button to submit it (other wise you see a heck of a lot more votes in either direction).

Regarding your post a couple lines up, I Think the Forum should take a poll vote, on which one of us suits that picture the best !

edit: Using the Forest Gump line: " And that's all I've got to say about that ! "

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 07-17-2004).]

Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-17-2004 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Calikid, as I said before. I don't have an issue with you. And I would hope ratings are not popularity driven. However, I believe the reality is many people are giving ratings without having a true understanding or closely reading the threads that precipitated our disagreements. The following link is to a thread that shows Archie attacking me unprovoked.

www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043622.html

Archie's behavior is reminscent of the soup chef on Seinfeld. One rude, crude, dude. Fine, if that's his personality but don't act as tho he's the second coming and without sin. Supporters of this only insure that behavior will continue unabated.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I already responded to that link on page 1 of this thread that you posted. How do you figure it was an unprovoked attack, when you had already provoked him in other previous Threads??? Just curious!

edit: I'm out of here.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 07-17-2004).]

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Consider it a little experiment. Stop whining and moaning about Archie and posting in his threads or trying to stir up crap about him in other threads and see if he still kicks your dog, so to speak.

His work doesn't give him license to go off on people. But when people go off on him, it's stupid to expect him not to respond.

"Well, then, Ed, what gives others the right to give Archie crap?
I'd wager if people who don't like Archie or his swaps would leave him alone and stop trolling for him, they'd find themselves in his crosshairs much less - if at all."

Find themselves in his crosshairs? That's delegation of a higher authority (elitism), which I think is what gets some people. Certain people have cast upon them royalty staus by others and I think that's what this thread is about. I've experienced it and seen it several times where Archie does go off on people and the troops rally around regardless of who strikes the first/worst blow. If you want to disagree that Archie has a groupy-like following, that's fine, but the masses see it. Like I stated earlier, I'm basing everything on my initial phone experience with him, but I was fair and stated that he might have been tired. I'm not here to rehash anything, which is why I'm being very descent, but the proof that their is acult-like following is evident with some of the people comming out and feircly defending him when I'm not attacking, and many others aren't either. Ok, if Archie is PFF and general Fiero community royalty, that's fine, but the next question would be whether we have a democracy or a monarchy here, as in; can the prince/king be criticized, or is that forbidden? That's my point, in America we can call the president a liar, in England you can't call the Queen a ho.

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm Back

3780 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Originally posted by jstricker:

Don't forget as well that he was a major sponsor of Wheatstock, particularly the track day. He paid for 5 spots for the track day. $500, cash up front. He said they were for the first 5 of his customers that wanted to claim them. ONE person took advantage of his generosity. He didn't whine and moan about it, he didn't ask for his money back. To top THAT off, when I was chatting with him one day (ordering a front battery box for the Finale), I mentioned that I hated to ask him about sponsoring a class for the show because he'd already donated a lot, but that I also didn't want to deny him the chance to donate for the kit car class if he wanted. I told him there was no pressure, it was up to him, and I just wanted him to know about it. He didn't bat an eye and donated to sponsor the kit car class at the show as well.

He didn't have to do that, not any of it, but he did.

John Stricker

"Once again, you have no idea what you're talking about. Archie has helped me, and a lot of other people, and long before I spent a penny with him. It was BECAUSE of that help that I DID finally buy a Finale kit."

Just my personal experience, which I guess I have no right to

"Now how much have YOU given back to the community, Ed?"

This isn't about me; I could be the best guy around or the biggest SOB and that wouldn't affect what Archie does/did/contributes/etc... But what do I do? I've contributed twice to PFF. I've given parts away, I've sold some, I've established friendships and I've helped people with info. I won't ask what you have or have not done, as that is not the issue either. Hey, of course Archie has furthered the Fiero and has done much for the Fiero community; does that give him license to fly off and use his influence to exclude people?

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm Back

3780 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Finally, I challenge all Archie supporters that are pointing me out as a "instigator" to post a link to an example to support your allegations. And I'll bet 99.9% of the time it will reveal Archie as the true instigator. Fair enough?

BTW here is a quote and the link of Archie chasing me over the forum to harrass.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043622.html

"I find some of these replies incredulous as I read them in absolute amazement. Many of these replies read as "I don't know all the facts but I'm gonna defend Archie only because it's Archie.""

Which is my point too. The clones look to defend first, ask why later. Noble, but not intelligent.

"While others read, "I'm doing or I've done a V8 swap so I want to stay in Archie's good graces in case I need him for something." "

Perhaps.

"Why does his supporters only focus on his swap business and kit? I don't have a problem with him doing V8 swaps. I say again, my major problem is his crass, rude, juvenile behavior totally unbefitting of someone who has achieved so much. Archie's behavior is reminscent of the soup chef on Seinfeld. One rude, crude, dude. Fine, if that's his personality but don't act as tho he's the second coming and without sin. Supporters of this only insure that behavior will continue unabated."

Good analogy; No swap for you!!!

"Darth Fiero, I have much respect for you, in part because your very smart and know your stuff. But also because you can articulate your intellect without insulting those you are trying to help."

Ya, but it's not received that way and the clones will want to vote him out.

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm Back

3780 posts
Member since Oct 2002

NO THAT'S NOT FAIR ENOUGH !!! Why should any of us go through more work digging out the posts you've made, that we've already read to form our opinion of you ???? YOU GO BACK AND READ EVERYTHING YOU'VE POSTED, BUT FIRST, REMOVE THE BIG CHIP FROM YOUR SHOULDER WHEN READING THEM, AND TRY TO LOOK AT IT FROM AN OUTSIDE VIEW POINT.

And how nice of you to post Archie's response, which he posted "after you really pi$$ed him off". What the heck does that prove???

"You know, you can keep carrying on with this if you want, but I've noticed each time you post, your rating number goes up, and the green bar looks like it's shrinking. Think about it."

And ya see, that's the point; believe as the majority does or shut up/go away. The funny thing is that these same people that espouse these types of opinions (pro-believe as the masses do) are the ones chanting about the essence of being able to freely express yourself. Again, in the essence sense, not Constitutional.

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm Back

3780 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Funny, I don't notice hardly any posts on this Forum where people are intentionally posting to 'suck up' to the group, Mastermind did though, after he buried himself.

Normally I don't speak out too much here, but I'm getting pretty tired of reading some of the crap posted. You might say, you don't have to read it, my response: you have to read it to determine if it's crap or not. Most of us come here to share out interest in the Fiero and discover what other are doing with their cars, it's a nice way to spent some idle time, or do some research. If the Forum goes "uncontrolled" by it's Members, it won't be very long before it's shut down, or the quality of people left here won't be worth the visit.

"You should look up Fascism up in the Dictionary. Just my opinion, but I see that as a very extreme left wing view of what goes on here at Pennocks, and could only be perceived like that by a troubled mind."

Fascism is a fascinating ideology. I've done a bit of reading about it and have a general handle on it, although it is a new and very aloof ideology. What is fascinating about it is that its roots started with Socialism and Communism, but have now mutated and reject most of those notions. Generally, control of an entire society from its sociological views to its control of labor by the government (which is Communistic) defines Fascism. It's the most interesting an unknown of all the, "isms."

Fascism has evolved - "I am skeptical of efforts to produce a "definition" of fascism. As a dynamic historical current, fascism has taken many different forms, and has evolved dramatically in some ways."

It's very right-wing inthe contemporary sense - "Fascism is a form of extreme right-wing ideology that celebrates the nation or the race as an organic community transcending all other loyalties."

See, it envokes a leader to go against a counter-cause, as in cult fashion - "Fascism's approach to politics is both populist--in that it seeks to activate "the people" as a whole against perceived oppressors or enemies--and elitist--in that it treats the people's will as embodied in a select group, or often one supreme leader, from whom authority proceeds downward."

Again, more of the same - "It seeks to forcibly subordinate all spheres of society to its ideological vision of organic community, usually through a totalitarian state."

http://www.publiceye.org/eyes/whatfasc.html

It's a neat site. In general, the dictionary doesn't do much good with the dynamics of Fascism. It's like trying to explain why you love your spouse in the dictionary. The encyclopedia, to say the least, would be the minimum way I would define it.

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm Back

3780 posts
Member since Oct 2002

That's pretty sad on a car forum.

Politics and Religion shouldn't be discussed on the internet, if you take a strong stand, at least 50% of the people are going to be against you.

Well, Cliff had to in order to keep Tech clean. Go to any forum and you will see the same. I have never seen as much partisan bickering in my life, both on the internet and in person. Fact is, this president is so radical that he has woken up the quiet folks and really stirred the politically active.

PFF
System Bot
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"As far as Archie selling kool-aid to Members that have "really" gotten under his skin, just my opinion, but the Forum would be better off without them (and I really don't think there are as many as you think)."

And that's where the Fascism comes in. Because people don't like your buddy they should be removed? Is it possible that some of the people you despise are also large positive contributors in one way or another? This formation of a homogenous-thinking group is fascist/Nazi-like and is dangerous. I think a car forum could exclude all people that don't fall in line with its thinking and the Earth wouldn't fall off its axis, but when these attitudes permeate outside to the real world we have WWIII awaiting.

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm Back

3780 posts
Member since Oct 2002

"Just to give you another opinion, I don't see it that way. While Archie does have a Fiero related Business, I don't see him coming on here as a "Salesman" trying to push his products on anyone."

Nor do I. he just makes his stuff known and lets people come to him.

"If that were the case, you'd see one heck of a lot more posts from him. On the other hand, the internet is a Marketing Tool, where unfounded slams against someone can change opinions formed by some people, and defense is warranted under these conditions."

He used to post more, but I still maintain taht he is not here hawking is wares.

"Lastly, I think when Archie posts here, he is like most of us, just talking cars because he enjoys talking cars, he's speaking as an individual most of the time, not a Business Man. If you get an individual stirred up on the internet, be prepared for some severe back-lash, that's just the way it is."

This is where I deviate from your opinion. Archie, "walks" with the swagger of someone that wants/demands to be followed without question, and if you kindly disagree with him he will rally the troops.

"You'd have to sit in Archie's chair for a couple months to fully realize just how much crap he's had to take from some people."

And you would actually have to hear both sides to make an objective call.

"Frankly, I'm sure that anyone that's talked to him on a serious business level understands what I'm trying to say here."

Ummm, no.

"That's my perception, I don't think I'm much off the mark, although I don't know him personally, and haven't done business with him. I'm just calling it like I see it."

So how can you make all the assertions without really knowing much? Aren't you just supporting the oppositions claims that he has a blind following?

Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-17-2004 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I already responded to that link on page 1 of this thread that you posted. How do you figure it was an unprovoked attack, when you had already provoked him in other previous Threads??? Just curious!

edit: I'm out of here.

Calikid,

I posted info that I thought might be helpful to some of PFF members, no where in that thread does it show I attacked Archie. Moreover, I repeat my challenge for Archie or his supporters to post a link/example to a thread where I start a unprovoked attack. If that is shown I can respond with links showing Archie's unprovoked attacks toward me. And I state this and will do so to show I can prove what I'm stating. Something that has yet to be shown by Archie or his supporters.

www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043622.html

[This message has been edited by Mastermind (edited 07-17-2004).]

Maetrix66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Maetrix66Click Here to visit Maetrix66's HomePageSend a Private Message to Maetrix66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This reminds me about when I was in high school, and two rival "gangs" supposedly
ruled the school. Most of us were oblivious to the fact, other than they dressed poorly,
yet alike.

Guys, it seems like everyone is fighting for the right to agree to disagree.

I will take it upon myself to extend this right to everyone, hey, what can I say, I'm a giving person.

And the fact that this has gone on for a couple pages already tells me that a couple
of people have pent up hostility that I doubt originated here, but O/T always seems to be the
battleground for this sort of thing.

I, personally, have never met any of the people on this forum in person, and have only dealt over the
internet with a select few, who are not involved in this dispute. I don't know the history behind it.
But I can see the competitiveness of a couple of car guys growing to this kind of argument.

Honestly, the key figures in this argument have each given much to this community.
Obviously business reputations are influenced in such a tight-knit community when businesses
are as small as the ones in the fiero community, you deal with the owner. You like the owner,
suddenly the product, which you may have never seen in person, looks better than it does in the pictures.
The owner strikes you in an off way or you don't care for them in whatever fashion, you may take your business
elsewhere. When two company heads butt heads, and each of them have a strong following inside the
community, then it says to me that each of them are decent guys, coming at the hobby from two different angles.
Otherwise no one would come to their aid, no one would buy their products, and they would live out their
life sitting in a corner, stroking a mirror telling themselves how great they are. Obviously this isn't the case,
and not the real issue. I think that Darth is feeling a little unrespected by Archie, and again, I am going on a
fraction of the total picture here, and he feels like he thinks that Archie feels he is better than alot of people.
Again, I am not taking sides, because I have never conversed with either of you.

I wish someone would just start a 3800sc versus SBC argument, so this could become constructive.
All this is going to do is hurt all business reputations involved, and it isn't going to help anyone.

I wish both sides the best of luck, and I hope the air is cleared soon. You all have much to offer.

rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stuff like this thread is why I hardly ever get on the board anymore. You people act like children.
Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[soapbox]

I've read this whole nightmare and tried to think of the last time Archie insulted me/called me names/stuck his tongue out at me/called my pro street a POS/farted in my general direction and I can't think of any. On the contrary, Archie's generosity has surprised the heck outta me! Fieros aren't the cash cow that people may think they are, and I'm sure that Archie's not making millions each year with his business. Basically Archie invented the only V8 install kit to pass the tests of time. (All you Zumalt lovers please sit down.) That's his baby, and he gets defensive when people attack it. As I've said numerous times, it's nothing anyone else wouldn't do if you were in his shoes (admit it!). If you can understand that, you can understand Archie. It's that simple.

[/soapbox]

------------------

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boomtastic:

[soapbox]

I've read this whole nightmare and tried to think of the last time Archie insulted me/called me names/stuck his tongue out at me/called my pro street a POS/farted in my general direction and I can't think of any. On the contrary, Archie's generosity has surprised the heck outta me! Fieros aren't the cash cow that people may think they are, and I'm sure that Archie's not making millions each year with his business. Basically Archie invented the only V8 install kit to pass the tests of time. (All you Zumalt lovers please sit down.) That's his baby, and he gets defensive when people attack it. As I've said numerous times, it's nothing anyone else wouldn't do if you were in his shoes (admit it!). If you can understand that, you can understand Archie. It's that simple.

[/soapbox]

"Basically Archie invented the only V8 install kit to pass the tests of time."

How about, 'designed?' Again, if you discover a cure for cancer and AIDS, you are a great asset to science and to all of humanity, but can you then get away with murder by saying, 'Gee guys, I've saved thousands, maybe millions of lives; how can I be condemned for taking one back?' I'm not calling Archie or anyone a murderer, I'm just using that as an analogy. Competence, sacrafice, and nobility are not excuses for (in my opinion) being nasty with people. After having said that, I would rather deal with people that are extremely competent and nasty than people who are incompetent but the nicest people. I haven't even seen Archie's stuff, so I'm not making an assertion either way as to the quality of it, but I have spoken with him and made the first impression judgement that he isn't always a nice guy.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by I'm Back:
I have spoken with him and made the first impression judgement that he isn't always a nice guy.

And you are, I suppose?

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this whole thread was an ambush, set up to start a flame war with Archie. It's made it to page two with no reply from him. I guess he is just too smart to fall for the trap. Give it up guys, I don't think he is going to post here.
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie doesn't need to say a darn thing to any of this... kudos to him for not even acknowledging it.
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

I think this whole thread was an ambush, set up to start a flame war with Archie. It's made it to page two with no reply from him. I guess he is just too smart to fall for the trap. Give it up guys, I don't think he is going to post here.

BINGO! We have a winner!

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

Archie doesn't need to say a darn thing to any of this... kudos to him for not even acknowledging it.

or he hadn't seen it yet.. I don't think i've ever seen him in o/t.. course.. he can't respond now after that comment.

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ed,

So basically, you're condemning Archie because he's occasionally "nasty" with people and he "isn't always a nice guy".

If that's not a case of the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.

John Stricker

How about, 'designed?' Again, if you discover a cure for cancer and AIDS, you are a great asset to science and to all of humanity, but can you then get away with murder by saying, 'Gee guys, I've saved thousands, maybe millions of lives; how can I be condemned for taking one back?' I'm not calling Archie or anyone a murderer, I'm just using that as an analogy. Competence, sacrafice, and nobility are not excuses for (in my opinion) being nasty with people. After having said that, I would rather deal with people that are extremely competent and nasty than people who are incompetent but the nicest people. I haven't even seen Archie's stuff, so I'm not making an assertion either way as to the quality of it, but I have spoken with him and made the first impression judgement that he isn't always a nice guy.

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How about, 'designed?'

The last time I checked, he who "designs" something from nothing therefore "invents" by virtue.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boomtastic:

The last time I checked, he who "designs" something from nothing therefore "invents" by virtue.

But Zumalt did it well before him.. So it's a 'redesign'..

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Nope, I didn't start this thread as an ambush or setup to start a flame war with Archie. Archie is his own traveling flame job, he doesn't need my help. The purpose of this thread was to ambush the brown-nosers of the PFF community...JUST KIDDING, that wasn't my intention, but it seems like that is what has happened.

I am not surprised that Archie hasn't chimed in yet on this thread. As with ALL people that share the same attitude as his, if Archie cannot compete in the arena of ideas, he has to retract to character assasination, along with the people who envy him. There is a pattern that has developed here on PFF, and I have a pretty good idea what it is:

Start: There is a topic that starts here on PFF that concerns the SBC, Archie, or is related in any distant way to the SBC or Archie. Generally, one of two things happens next. Either Archie posts, or someone who has a different opinion than Archie posts which in turn draws a response from Archie. In either case, what heppens next is Archie, in typical fasion, will jump someone's butt and then later play the victim, which will draw his followers in on the offensive. Then there is this thread. I post a quote from Archie and point out that it is his typical fodder and many people run to his side since he is now the "victim". Mastermind hit the nail right on the head. It doesn't matter who starts the mudslinging concerning Archie vs. the Difference of Opinion, the same people will ALWAYS run in to save Archie's ego.

The last time Archie jumped on me was in a thread concerning how to set timing on a TPI V8 in a Fiero. The person who started the post appearantly said something Archie didn't like and Archie responded with something to the effect like: "with that attitude you are not going to get any help from me". Fair enough. Well, seeing this I took the opportunity to help this person out by explaining, in detail, how to set the timing and why it has to be done a certain way. I figured a simple answer would not help the community as a whole, so I explained why in detail. Well in response, Archie countered with "thats what you get when you ask a question that can be answered with 2 sentences, a "know-it-all" who gives you 300 words". Nowhere in my post did I say ANYTHING about Archie. But that didn't matter to Archie or most of his followers. So yes, I jabbed right back, just like Archie would do but somehow you people made me out to look like the BAD GUY just because I helped someone out when Archie wouldn't. And now all these excuses people are making for Archie: "well, you pissed him off before, in another thread, so you deserve to have him follow you around and bash you". What kinda crap is that? Christ, some of you people treat this like it is a political campaign and Archie is running for office. Trust me, the internet and Archie are not worth your time and PFF would be a better place without the bickering.

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

I stand corrected

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

Trust me, the internet and Archie are not worth your time and PFF would be a better place without the bickering.

And yet you start a thread of which you knew it could only have one possible outcome.

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

The only way it's a 'redesign' is if Archie took parts from the Zumalt kit and started his work from those.

Besides, from what he told me, Archie did his first Fiero V8 conversion in 1986 with a leftover Camaro engine he had, once he found out that the Grand National engine he *wanted* to put in there was going to run him around $5000 from a junkyard. Where was Zumalt at that time?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock