Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  I think we all need to cheer Archie up... (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I think we all need to cheer Archie up... by Darth Fiero
Started on: 07-16-2004 12:20 AM
Replies: 192 (4554 views)
Last post by: AndyLPhoto on 08-17-2004 05:47 AM
84Bill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post08-03-2004 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

James, you exagerate more than anybody in the whole universe.

I refuse to create a reply to such perposterous assertions.
I mean really, the whole universe?

IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2004 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

That's right Darth, I'm jealous.

Now that means that you can now go back minding you're own business and quit starting threads aimed at bashing me.

You complain that I mis-treat people, or that I don't burn my own chips, or that I have people working for me you even complain that I have happy customers, you call them brown nosers. You've called them other names in the past, what do you say about your customers when they aren't listening?

You keep on trying to tell me how I should behave & how I should run my business. The fact that you started this thread just for the sole purpose of bashing me proves that you are not qualified to be telling anyone else what to do.

I've tried to reason with you before & that just doesn't work.

I've spent the last 6 months avoiding threads that you've posted in, until you've drawn me in by reference or inference. But that's not good enough, you still have to start a thread to bash me in.

So, We come to this, Just what the He77 do I have to do to get you to leave me the F--- alone?

When does it end? When have you had enough? Do you even realize that you are doing the exact same thing that you accuse me of? When does it end? What is your point?

Archie

bump, We don't wanna loose this one

L44_87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
User Banned

Report this Post08-08-2004 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L44_87GTSend a Private Message to L44_87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With the declineing population of fieros every year there will be no career and very little busness in swapping V8s into fieros.Zumalts days are over and archies are rapidly approaching.

done and done

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by L44_87GT:

With the declineing population of fieros every year there will be no career and very little busness in swapping V8s into fieros.Zumalts days are over and archies are rapidly approaching.

done and done

Yeah, that's what they told me back in '88, '89 & '90 after the Fiero went out of production. Yet business is still getting better each year, some 15+ years later. I'll bet I'm still here in 10 years when you've long since lost interest. But, I could be wrong.

Archie

donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post08-09-2004 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All lies! the V6 will rise again! To be the engine of choice of fiero owners with mechanical know -how not needing a 1000% mark up "kit"!

[This message has been edited by donk316 (edited 08-09-2004).]

Lex

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 217
User Banned

Report this Post08-10-2004 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by donk316:

Bah! If i met your sister iwould be like "hey baby, wassup?" and she would be like " oh donk your so cool" and i would say "damn right,you betta reckognize whos da man up in da house" and she would say " oh my, you are quite the manly man. Take me now" and i would say " oh yeah baby, meet me out back in 5, i gotta get my groove on" and she would say " yes daddy" and i would smack her ass as she walked out the door. then i would be in the bathroom getting all pimp and go out back and show her what donks do.

Let me guess........You are late 20's/early 30's, married and have kids? Sucks to be locked down, huh?

donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post08-10-2004 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lex:

Let me guess........You are late 20's/early 30's, married and have kids? Sucks to be locked down, huh?

Oh god does it ever. man oh man you hit the nail on the head. (+) for being claravoyant

------------------

http://www.gmpcm.com/

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, that's what they told me back in '88, '89 & '90 after the Fiero went out of production. Yet business is still getting better each year, some 15+ years later. I'll bet I'm still here in 10 years when you've long since lost interest. But, I could be wrong.

Archie

Have you thought about this logically? Do you think interest in the fiero is getting bigger and bigger each year? I mean, it might have been, for for a v8 installation business, up until this point, but thats only because of the internet. Do you think it's going to keep doing that? Do you actually think each year for 10 more years there are goign to be more fiero owners who join PFF and say "Hey, I should get a v8 swap", or has it occured that at some point there might be a plateau, at which everyone who owns a fiero and knows about the online resources will have already got a swap and be done with it.. It's not like another car which is still being produced. There is a finite amount of people who bought the fiero.. And even those are being crashed and junked each year. And I am willing to bet, of those who are willing to spend the cash to get a v8 installed, have already done it. And probably, the majority have been in the past 2-4 years.. To think you are going to have business in 10 years is pretty ridiculous.. I can only assume, with some sort of business sense, that you are willing to admit that.

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before this thread gets deleted for good I would just like to take a moment and thank Archie. Yes, thats right, I want to thank Archie for all of the arguements, disagreements, and personal attacks. Why you ask? Has Darth lost his marbles? Not quite... Allow me to explain.

As with any experience, mine here on PFF has had its share of ups and downs. My experience with Archie, what most would view as a low point in their PFF experience, I take as a learning experience. Archie is one of those people with a unique point of view: HIS and HIS only. It is very important for those of us up and coming in the business world to learn how to deal with people like Archie. Don't get me wrong, Archie isn't the worst I have dealt with by a long shot, but I have worked with or delt with many people in my time that are/were a lot like him. Since I plan on opening a shop within the next few years I have decided to gather as much intelligence as possible about how to deal with people who have "strong disagreements" so they will not become a liability to me or my business. You see, my business plan is to center around customer education and satisfaction. I believe that a well-informed customer is a repeat customer and a satisfied customer. If someone knows what they are getting and what impact it has on the value of their vehicle, then I am sure they will be more pleased with their investment.

Thats just what all this comes down to is an investment. I don't know if some have checked lately but the Fiero is not being made any more and with every passing day there are less and less stock or stock appearing, unmolested Fieros on the road. JohnnyK might be on to something. Personally, I have noticed a lot of engine swapped Fieros for sale that try to command a high price, but end up being sold for less than what the engine conversion cost because of one reason or another. That is why with every swap I do, and plan to do; I want to do as little modification to the chassis as possible. That way the owner always has the option of going back to stock IF they see fit. I also believe this helps enhance the value of the vehicle because anyone that has ever watched Barret-Jackson or been to an Auburn, Indiana Kruse Auction knows that the cars that bring the highest price are almost always all-original. Sorry but the facts speak for themselves.

As for me and my ventures, I am becoming more and more busy as time goes on. All I hope is that I still have enough time to post very detailed engine swap threads like the most recent ones I have done. I believe this is the best way to educate the Fiero community about the process involved and help people make a more informed decision about what engine swap choice is best for them and their wallets. As for the insults and rating system, as far as I am concerned Archie can do what he wants because it has no impact on me. I will continue to speak my mind and voice my opinions wherever I see fit regardless of whatever childish mentality or ratings system rules are in effect. Even after this thread my bar is still green, but even if it wasn't, who really gives a rats ass anyway? I am far too busy to care.

Have a nice day.

-ryan

edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

Have you thought about this logically? Do you think interest in the fiero is getting bigger and bigger each year? I mean, it might have been, for for a v8 installation business, up until this point, but thats only because of the internet. Do you think it's going to keep doing that? Do you actually think each year for 10 more years there are goign to be more fiero owners who join PFF and say "Hey, I should get a v8 swap", or has it occured that at some point there might be a plateau, at which everyone who owns a fiero and knows about the online resources will have already got a swap and be done with it.. It's not like another car which is still being produced. There is a finite amount of people who bought the fiero.. And even those are being crashed and junked each year. And I am willing to bet, of those who are willing to spend the cash to get a v8 installed, have already done it. And probably, the majority have been in the past 2-4 years.. To think you are going to have business in 10 years is pretty ridiculous.. I can only assume, with some sort of business sense, that you are willing to admit that.

Ah, but there's something you're forgetting. The Archie kit will work in ANY GM FWD car, providing its engine bay is large enough to accept a SBC, and its transmission uses the GM FWD bellhousing pattern. So even if every existing Fiero got a SBC put into it, Archie would still have a market for horsepower freaks who like other models....

Ed

edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

edhering

4031 posts
Member since May 2002

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:
Personally, I have noticed a lot of engine swapped Fieros for sale that try to command a high price, but end up being sold for less than what the engine conversion cost because of one reason or another. That is why with every swap I do, and plan to do; I want to do as little modification to the chassis as possible. That way the owner always has the option of going back to stock IF they see fit. I also believe this helps enhance the value of the vehicle because anyone that has ever watched Barret-Jackson or been to an Auburn, Indiana Kruse Auction knows that the cars that bring the highest price are almost always all-original. Sorry but the facts speak for themselves.

You are exactly right about this, and I have to say it's a philosophy I approve of. (I still think Archie's okay. ) It's why I'm keeping my '85 100% stock and modifying the '86--the '86 is a "project car" as it's been beaten to death and in need of a lot of TLC before it will be usable, but the '85 is largely pristine and has had only maintenance items and minor repairs made to it. (eg things like the exhaust manifold.)

I like the notion of a modified car which can easily be restored to its original configuration. They've been doing this kind of thing in the VW Bug world for years. It limits how nuts you can get with the modifications, but in the end if you intend to keep your car "forever" it's probably the wisest way to go.

Ed

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I take as a learning experience.
-ryan

Ahhhhh, So starting a thread for the sole purpose of Archie bashing was a "learning experience", I see.

So tell us what you learned.........

What did you learn when you started calling my customers' & anyone who disagreed with you names?

You've stated 3 or 4 different reasons for starting this thread, What did you learn about telling lies about your true intentions when starting this thread?

This latest post is just another post by Ryan Dick telling us how wonderful Ryan Dick is.

When are you going to answer the questions I asked you 3 weeks ago before you had your GF/wife come in here to try to get you out of the frying pan?

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Very good questions Johnny, Believe it or not, I've actually changed my (-) rating of you to a (+) for finally asking some good questions without being a jerk.

Let me try to answer those questions for you. I'm sure my answers will not be in the order you asked the questions but let's see what I can do to give you some insight into my thinking.

First of all, this is not an Internet business. I operated this business for 8 or 9 years before ever getting on the internet. I figure that I have about 120 to 150 V-8 Customers who also belong to PFF. Of those at least 40% joined after buying a kit or car from me. BTW, my definition of Internet business is a business that was started primarily to sell on the Internet. I started my business a long time before Al Gore invented the Internet. I've been tracking sales for the last several years & something around 10% to 15% comes from PFF.

Yesterday for example I got 6 calls from people who Don't have Internet access & who have just discovered, thru magazines and other print media, that you can put a V-8 into a Fiero. I get several of those types of phone calls every day. Several places in this thread people talk about others' who are in their "own little world", I would submit to you that your perception of my business & potential is a bit limited by the narrow window you are viewing it thru.

As far as a plateau is concerned, I'm sure there has to be a plateau somewhere. However I don't think we've seen it yet. I believe that 90% of my customers I'll have in 2009 haven't even heard of what we do yet. But, not to worry, I have a few other things going on besides Fiero Internet sales. When you talk about a plateau remember that 55, 56, & 57 Chevys have been out of production for 40+ years now, yet there are several companies that deal exclusively in servicing that market. The same thing goes for GN's, VW's, Vega's, Opel's, Corvairs & several other old marqs. I know that someone can make a lot more money operating a Dairy Queen, but I'm happy supplying Fiero owners with what they need. I have no desire to become rich, I just want to do something I like to do for a vehicle I love. I have no desire to offer for sale items that I wouldn't buy myself, that's why I'm not interested offering kits for engine swaps other that the SBC.

Some people will try to sell you on conversions for any & all engine conversions you might be interested in buying. I sometimes jokingly call them Whores, they'll sell you anything & everything you want as long as they make a few $$ at it. They know a little bit about everything they sell but the problem is that they are not an expert on anything they sell. I'll only sell you what I would be interested in buying myself, that means that being an expert in those fields is easy.

I will admit that I could probally make a lot more money by operating a more conventional business (like a burger joint) but I'm not really interested in that.

I hope that answers your questions.

Archie

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ahhhhh, So starting a thread for the sole purpose of Archie bashing was a "learning experience", I see.

So tell us what you learned.........

What did you learn when you started calling my customers' & anyone who disagreed with you names?

You've stated 3 or 4 different reasons for starting this thread, What did you learn about telling lies about your true intentions when starting this thread?

This latest post is just another post by Ryan Dick telling us how wonderful Ryan Dick is.

When are you going to answer the questions I asked you 3 weeks ago before you had your GF/wife come in here to try to get you out of the frying pan?

Archie

Who is calling who names? What lies have I told? Prove that I am telling lies. At least I don't act like I am in elementary school and go around begging people to vote somebody off the board. Grow up. You are just mad because I don't BS anyone. I don't have to. Unlike you I am honest and up front. Again, I would like you to point out exactly where I lied. Proof? Do you have any?

BTW your spelling is wrong, it is Ryan Gick. What I think is funny is you want everyone to sign their name to their posts but you have always lied (or was it an omission) about what YOUR real name was, Cletus Archambault. Or did I mispell it?

Have fun with yourself I no longer have time for you. Have a nice day.

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 08-10-2004).]

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very good questions Johnny, Believe it or not, I've actually changed my (-) rating of you to a (+) for finally asking some good questions without being a jerk.

Let me try to answer those questions for you. I'm sure my answers will not be in the order you asked the questions but let's see what I can do to give you some insight into my thinking.

First of all, this is not an Internet business. I operated this business for 8 or 9 years before ever getting on the internet. I figure that I have about 120 to 150 V-8 Customers who also belong to PFF. Of those at least 40% joined after buying a kit or car from me. BTW, my definition of Internet business is a business that was started primarily to sell on the Internet. I started my business a long time before Al Gore invented the Internet. I've been tracking sales for the last several years & something around 10% to 15% comes from PFF.

Yesterday for example I got 6 calls from people who Don't have Internet access & who have just discovered, thru magazines and other print media, that you can put a V-8 into a Fiero. I get several of those types of phone calls every day. Several places in this thread people talk about others' who are in their "own little world", I would submit to you that your perception of my business & potential is a bit limited by the narrow window you are viewing it thru.

As far as a plateau is concerned, I'm sure there has to be a plateau somewhere. However I don't think we've seen it yet. I believe that 90% of my customers I'll have in 2009 haven't even heard of what we do yet. But, not to worry, I have a few other things going on besides Fiero Internet sales. When you talk about a plateau remember that 55, 56, & 57 Chevys have been out of production for 40+ years now, yet there are several companies that deal exclusively in servicing that market. The same thing goes for GN's, VW's, Vega's, Opel's, Corvairs & several other old marqs. I know that someone can make a lot more money operating a Dairy Queen, but I'm happy supplying Fiero owners with what they need. I have no desire to become rich, I just want to do something I like to do for a vehicle I love. I have no desire to offer for sale items that I wouldn't buy myself, that's why I'm not interested offering kits for engine swaps other that the SBC.

Some people will try to sell you on conversions for any & all engine conversions you might be interested in buying. I sometimes jokingly call them Whores, they'll sell you anything & everything you want as long as they make a few $$ at it. They know a little bit about everything they sell but the problem is that they are not an expert on anything they sell. I'll only sell you what I would be interested in buying myself, that means that being an expert in those fields is easy.

I will admit that I could probally make a lot more money by operating a more conventional business (like a burger joint) but I'm not really interested in that.

I hope that answers your questions.

Archie

This is true about my view.. I can only see what goes on at PFF, so I assumed this is where most of your market came from, and where most, if not all, of your advertising was aimed at. Just out of curiosity, do you advertise in magazines (KitCar and what not), and if so, do you say only for Fiero's, or do you mention it will work in all GM cars?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What lies have I told? Prove that I am telling lies. At least I don't act like I am in elementary school and go around begging people to vote somebody off the board. Grow up. You are just mad because I don't BS anyone. I don't have to. Unlike you I am honest and up front. Again, I would like you to point out exactly where I lied. Proof? Do you have any?

Proof? That's easy

You titled this thread

I think we all need to cheer Archie up...

Bahahahaha, now thats funny. Sadly tho some of the threads I have been reading lately end up having people posting that make themselves look like that. Thats what this thread is all about.

My greatest mistake for starting this thread is believeing that some people could actually remove their noses from archie's a$$ long enough to see how he really is and how he treats people who have a different opinion than he does. Guess I was wrong.

Ok, I'll spell this out for you......
(A). Each one of those quotes from you gives a different reason for starting this thread.

(B). Each one of those quotes conflicts with the reasons stated in the other 2 quotes.

(C). That means that 2 of them were lies.

Your other statements you've made in this thread prove that this was a thread for the purpose of Bashing me. When in fact you initially claimed it was intended on cheering me up. That makes your initial claims to be LIES.

Is that proof enough for you?

Now, it's time for you to answer the questions I asked you 3 weeks ago.

Archie

The Adjuster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AdjusterClick Here to visit The Adjuster's HomePageSend a Private Message to The AdjusterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The answer to your question Archie is I am putting my foot down and calling enuf ENUF!!! I find it pathetic that the two of you get such a kick out of this banter back and forth. Darth has told me that he will stop posting in this thread as I have personally asked. This time I have asked him to lay off of you because you are not worth his time or worth lowering himself to your level anymore. I don't care a hoot about you but I do care about the Golden Rule and treating others as I want to be treated. Don't worry Ryan will be properly spanked if this issue arises again, but don't worry Archie I wouldn't dream of spanking you with your ailments... RA really sucks, my mom has it and so did my grandma...I can't imagine the pain you live with every day, maybe that is why you are grumpy, but there are new drugs for immunosuppression coming out all the time maybe someday we will understand why the body attacks itself and find a cure, but we do know that a negative demeanor does increase the symptoms so really we need to cheer Archie up, it's for his own health! Sincerely Heather Tomasek
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't Darth speak for himself?
It appears to me he's more interested in winning an argument - with anyone - than anything else.
Archie previously asked him what it would take for him to lay off Archie's threads.
Is it the treat of a spanking from you?
Is he going to have to go to bed without his supper?

If DF wants to take the high road, so as not to lower himself to someone else's standards, then he should do so. And he should do so without some condescending post about how he wants to learn from his experience. I've read more convincing copy in a Mike Hammer novel.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2004 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My experience with Archie, what most would view as a low point in their PFF experience, I take as a learning experience.
-ryan

Originally posted by The Adjuster:

The answer to your question Archie is I am putting my foot down and calling enuf ENUF!!! I find it pathetic that the two of you get such a kick out of this banter back and forth. Darth has told me that he will stop posting in this thread as I have personally asked. This time I have asked him to lay off of you because you are not worth his time or worth lowering himself to your level anymore. I don't care a hoot about you but I do care about the Golden Rule and treating others as I want to be treated. Don't worry Ryan will be properly spanked if this issue arises again, but don't worry Archie I wouldn't dream of spanking you with your ailments... RA really sucks, my mom has it and so did my grandma...I can't imagine the pain you live with every day, maybe that is why you are grumpy, but there are new drugs for immunosuppression coming out all the time maybe someday we will understand why the body attacks itself and find a cure, but we do know that a negative demeanor does increase the symptoms so really we need to cheer Archie up, it's for his own health! Sincerely Heather Tomasek

Ahhhhhh Ok,

That would leave one more question to be asked.

Darth: How's that learning experience going so far?

Archie

The Adjuster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2004 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The AdjusterClick Here to visit The Adjuster's HomePageSend a Private Message to The AdjusterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, don't you get it...it's over. He hasn't time for you because he barely has time for this board at all anymore. He will no longer post in threads that you post in on a regular basis, his time is better spent helping people than aggrevating you. Isn't that the answer you're looking for? Now you should have more time too, you no longer need to worry about making up names for him! Be happy.

Oh and for all of you out there think about this, I am here not because I need to "stand up" for Darth, he's a grown man and can take care of himself. I am here because I am also interested in fieros and cars in general...I enjoy learning more about them and guess what, I have my own mind and thoughts. Guess most of you wouldn't understand that we talk about things like the physics of car components over breakfast and how that could interest me as much as the biomechanics of the matrix of the spinal cord and the nervous system but it does. Guess I'm a child of science...and I love learning new things all the time. Darth referred me to this board to learn somethings that he didn't have time to teach me and I have learned and awful lot you see I have a voracious appetite for learning...maybe you find that incomprehensible but for Darth and I it works.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2004 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh and for all of you out there think about this, I am here not because I need to "stand up" for Darth, he's a grown man and can take care of himself. I am here because I am also interested in fieros and cars in general...I enjoy learning more about them and guess what, I have my own mind and thoughts. Guess most of you wouldn't understand that we talk about things like the physics of car components over breakfast and how that could interest me as much as the biomechanics of the matrix of the spinal cord and the nervous system but it does. Guess I'm a child of science...and I love learning new things all the time. Darth referred me to this board to learn somethings that he didn't have time to teach me and I have learned and awful lot you see I have a voracious appetite for learning...maybe you find that incomprehensible but for Darth and I it works.

so you are his wife?
that lucky bastard - my wife will dicuss health/fitness topics with me but has no interest in cars or physics...

PFF
System Bot
The Adjuster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2004 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AdjusterClick Here to visit The Adjuster's HomePageSend a Private Message to The AdjusterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will become his wife Oct. 8, 2005 and yes we are getting married at a car museum. But thanks for the compliment!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2004 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now you should have more time too, you no longer need to worry about making up names for him! Be happy. .

He'll have more time too, He won't have to waste time starting threads dedicated to bashing someone & won't have to follow me around telling me what I should be doing.

Oh Joy, Oh Joy, Peace might be at hand. But 'ya can't help but wonder how long you can keep him under control.

BTW, The Golden Rule is what I live by, but Turning the other cheek don't go down too well over here.

Good Luck

Archie

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2004 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie, don't you get it...it's over. He hasn't time for you because he barely has time for this board at all anymore. He will no longer post in threads that you post in on a regular basis, his time is better spent helping people than aggrevating you. Isn't that the answer you're looking for? Now you should have more time too, you no longer need to worry about making up names for him! Be happy.

Well, typos being what they are, I'll just suggest you turn that voracious appetite for learning towards a grammar book.

It's nice that YOU have decided it's over. All Darth ever had to do is stop feeding the flames. I'd still like to hear his answer to Archie's question.

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2004 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yes we are getting married at a car museum.

Sounds romantic...

lol sorry I couldn't resist

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2004 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I didn't think I'd BOTHER posting in ANOTHER trash can topic but I am, so here's my two bits... who was successfully doing V8 swaps before Archie? Really, no one. In a business model, there's always an innovator who comes out with a unique product. Some succeed, some fail (the Archie/Zumwalt example) then less expensive alternatives arise (everyone who copies Archies' kit) then true alternatives will emerge.... other front drive motors including the Northstar and 4.9 Caddy (cadero).

Ultimately the V8 Fiero market is limited by the availability of Fieros (duh) and the numbers are getting scarce. So the ante is going up for the remaining car owners.

Years ago I met someone who was going to design a new adapter for the V8 that have less clearance and not shift the engine towards the passenger side. I thought that would be pretty clever and asked on a mail board how that could be done. I wound up on a brief a$$chewing by Archie that kept me from ever bringing it up, and the project of course starved into non-existance. That encounter led me to Tom Hill and Greg Duncan, the first duo that I'm aware put the Caddy 4.9 in a Fiero. My input into that whole genre was pretty much nill, these guys had it going really fast. Now we have Jon, Bubba, PBJ and others (no, I didn't forget you Steve!) refining that conversion since the cost can vary from no engine mods to some pretty extensive changes in design, and no adapter plate needed (although the 4 speed auto is better IMO and now mods are coming up for that).

What that means to Archie is that the V8 pie is being divided up once again. He's no dummy, he has branched into other aspects of Fiero customizing such as fiberglass replacement parts (I have his battery relocation box and I like it just fine thanks!) and body kits like the Finale and Fino. I'm not sure what the relationship he has with RCC is.

Someone posted a thread about something about the '4.9 Fever' and Arch posted a couple 'Cure for the Fever' threads. Theres' no denying a dressed up chevy V8 is nice to look at. Of course the benjamins in my wallet bring me great joy too.

So the final word is - no one can MAKE Archie happy. He needs to reconcile in himself what it takes to be happy. And he seems to be a truly joyuss person. Ever notice you can never get ahold of him from Thanksgiving until New Years? He's busy ringing bells for the Salvation Army and volunteering at the Homeless shelters dressed as Santa Claus. You'll see the Finale pulled over on the side of a busy highway as you see him deflecting traffic so a mother duck and her ducklings get across during rush hour. And you notice there has never been a terrorist attack in his hometown? Yup, you guessed it.

The Punisher

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 433
User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2004 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sig test

------------------
JM / SH

CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2004 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sig caps off this argument!

My 2 cents, leave Archie alone and respect your elders.

*dodges flames* I can say that, I'm only 19!

------------------
Christian Thomas
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver 5.7L ZZ4 5spd

Latest Mod: Poly Rear and Coilovers (HMS 350#)

Mastermind

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 207
User Banned

Report this Post08-14-2004 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CTFieroGT87:

That sig caps off this argument!

My 2 cents, leave Archie alone and respect your elders.

*dodges flames* I can say that, I'm only 19!

Why limit it to respecting your elders? How about everyone respecting each other, irrespective of age? This let's no one off the hook.

AndyLPhoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyLPhotoClick Here to visit AndyLPhoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to AndyLPhotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And I am willing to bet, of those who are willing to spend the cash to get a v8 installed, have already done it. And probably, the majority have been in the past 2-4 years.. To think you are going to have business in 10 years is pretty ridiculous.. I can only assume, with some sort of business sense, that you are willing to admit that.

Archie has already addressed this, but let me just add my anecdotal tale to the mix. I currently drive an '84 with the stock Duke. At some point, I will be purchasing a newer car, and have just begun recently to seriously consider having a V8 swap done. At this point, I'm not sure whether I would do an SBC or a Northstar. I expect I'd want to look closer at both, and probably drive both before making that decision. I'm also unsure whether I'd have the technical knowledge by that point to do the swap myself, or pay to have it done. Either way, I'm looking at this as being something probably 4-6 years out in any case.

The point is that a year ago, I had no desire, much less a plan, to do a V8 swap. I'm now thinking seriously about it, but know it won't be for several years at least.

Carry on,

Andy

------------------

Andy Larsen

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AndyLPhoto:

Archie has already addressed this, but let me just add my anecdotal tale to the mix. I currently drive an '84 with the stock Duke. At some point, I will be purchasing a newer car, and have just begun recently to seriously consider having a V8 swap done. At this point, I'm not sure whether I would do an SBC or a Northstar. I expect I'd want to look closer at both, and probably drive both before making that decision. I'm also unsure whether I'd have the technical knowledge by that point to do the swap myself, or pay to have it done. Either way, I'm looking at this as being something probably 4-6 years out in any case.

The point is that a year ago, I had no desire, much less a plan, to do a V8 swap. I'm now thinking seriously about it, but know it won't be for several years at least.

Carry on,

Andy

Thats what I said though.. Running out of Fiero's.. 1 fiero in 'maybe 5 or 6 years', is not exactly a good business investment.. I mean, sure they add up, but for how long, and how much..

PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It doesn't have to be a growing business forever. Just until Archie wants to retire or gets into other things.
I would imagine Archie has new ideas cooking all the time.
AndyLPhoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyLPhotoClick Here to visit AndyLPhoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to AndyLPhotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thats what I said though.. Running out of Fiero's.. 1 fiero in 'maybe 5 or 6 years', is not exactly a good business investment.. I mean, sure they add up, but for how long, and how much..

But keep in mind what I said--this is purely my situation, and purely anecdotal. Nothing scientific here. I was simply addressing your contention that most or all of us that wanted to do a swap had already done so. I would guess there are more people like me out there that have a Fiero now that are just starting to think about doing a swap. Archie himself said there's a plateau somewhere...I would tend to agree that now isn't the time though.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock