Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  DC, Virginia, NJ and Marylanders - Wanna Meet us in DC? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
DC, Virginia, NJ and Marylanders - Wanna Meet us in DC? by Saxman
Started on: 01-04-2009 08:37 AM
Replies: 281 (4042 views)
Last post by: grsychckn on 05-24-2009 08:10 PM
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...and anyone from any other states - see //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/073736.html

We have a group of Fiero folks meeting at Bolling Air Force Base at noon on January 25. We'll meet at the front gate (off exit 1 on I-295, near the Woodrow Wilson bridge) so those of us with military IDs can get the rest of you civilian Fiero drivers on base. Food will either be at the Slip Inn (bar with good food) or at the bowling alley (pretty good food and lots of room).

I haven't heard if anyone is interested in bowling together, but the decision can be made once we are there.

Now, back to my flexplate-replacement so I have a car for the meet...

Happy New Year!

24 Jan 2009:
LATEST LIST OF ATTENDEES and their cars - send me an update if you are bringing someone (or a Fiero) and I don't have it listed. It looks like we need to get about 19 people on base, which my wife and I can take care of if MarineFiero is not there.

ALLTRBO +1
amflyer +1 *with 2 Fieros
bmwguru +1
Daredevil05
Greg R *with an 88
hookdonspeed +1
IMSA/GT +1 *with an IMSA!
jazz4cash
Macs86GT
MarineFiero +1 (if he can get his clutch banjo replaced/rigged)
prizm-bluegt *with One Sweet Yellow GT
Saxman +4 *with The new 3.4 Formula
silverbullet910
steve308
turbo86se?

[This message has been edited by Saxman (edited 01-24-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
grsychckn

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grsychcknSend a Private Message to grsychcknEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I won't be able to make it. The car is in the garage with an axle out and the wiring harness torn up (adding back EGR for VA inspection). I probably won't be ready to take it anywhere until mid-spring because I found I still have a vacuum leak too.

Have fun - I wish I could be there. Free bump.

Brian
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I mentioned in the other thread, I won't be able to make it. Have fun!
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll try to make it, geico screwed up and had my brothers truck listed
under my policy and sent all the info to his name which caused my insurance to cancel due to a non renewal, and the peoples republic put the smack down on me. My fiero's reg got revoked its going to coast me about 300 bucks for geicos mistake

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 01-04-2009).]

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

I'll try to make it, geico screwed up and had my brothers truck listed
under my policy and sent all the info to his name which caused my insurance to cancel due to a non renewal, and the peoples republic put the smack down on me. My fiero's reg got revoked its going to coast me about 300 bucks for geicos mistake

ouch that sucks....
MarineFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there!
turbo86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you guys don't mind me showing up in my '07 Civic, I might be able to make it!
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbo86se:

If you guys don't mind me showing up in my '07 Civic, I might be able to make it!

Sure! I may be there in a Mach 1 if I can't get the Formula back together...
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*sigh* after some issues i just came across today, i might be showing up in the WS6 or cavi... ill try to go w/ the WS to put that mach1 in its place
MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What, am I the only one coming to the Fiero meet in a Fiero?
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Typical Fiero meet.
PFF
System Bot
silverbullet910

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silverbullet910Send a Private Message to silverbullet910Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there with my 87 coupe
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MarineFiero:

What, am I the only one coming to the Fiero meet in a Fiero?

ima try to be in mine, just foundout some ofthe things the previous owner had done, gona try and get that fixed this week.... that means new exhaust is needed :/

sofar my todo list before the meet is, new bushings, new bearings, new exhaust, new balljoints&tierods, new springs, and new coolant sensor, and findout why shes running rich....
looks like ima take a day off to use a shop...
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If all goes well tomorrow at dmv i should have a legal fiero, and it will be at the meet on the 11th.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a fair showing. Should be a good time!

I got most of the upper end of the Formula's disconnected today. Once I get my drain pan back, I can remove the coolant and start lowering the cradle. AGAIN

If I had a damn carb, I could drive the V8 Fino. Mine is gunked up from the water/varnish fuel I removed from the tank.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saxman

5151 posts
Member since May 2005
Who needs parts while they are down here? I have a bunch left.

I can't think of anything I need right now except to trade my V8 equipped cradle for a 3800SC equipped cradle!
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what u got? :P
MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok bad news. I won't be there. I ended up on duty that day even though I requested other days. Maybe next time
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:
what u got? :P

So many different things - an entire rear cradle with susp and Isuzu ('87), seats, lots of parts pulled from an 87 coupe and other stuff collected over the last 5 years...
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saxman

5151 posts
Member since May 2005

Originally posted by MarineFiero:
Ok bad news. I won't be there. I ended up on duty that day even though I requested other days. Maybe next time

Damn! If you can escape during lunch, you should swing by!

I guess I should take the time to make a list of those coming so we know how many can get on base. Without MarineFiero - we lose one of our ID holders...

[This message has been edited by Saxman (edited 01-05-2009).]

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my friend mike works there... i wonder if he can get people on, he would probly come if i asked him, hes got a 93 RX7 with a nicely built LS1 and 6speed droped into it.... insanely fast..
PFF
System Bot
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got my inaugural rehearsal schedule. I start rehearsal at 4 am and finish at noon on the 11th.

So, the time needs to be later or maybe even moved to the 25th.

I think we could get a better attended meet on the 25th. What do you guys think?
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think it would cause less stress on my getting my car fixed but that dates still good for me, just let me know...
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

i think it would cause less stress on my getting my car fixed but that dates still good for me, just let me know...

Me, too. I can relax and get this flywheel swap done instead of rushing it for this Sunday. Now, with these inaugural rehearsals each day this week (and weekend), I may not get 'er done...
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea, my exhaust guy just told me he was backed up, and pushed my car back to saturday "hopefully" and figuring the price hes doing it for, i cant complain.
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill be there assuming mom doesn't take a turn for the worse health wise. Things went smoothly with dmv. I only had to pay the 263.00 fine and no re inspection or re reg fees. IS the meet still on the 11th or has it been moved.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If moved to the 25th Count Me in!!!! with the craziness of the new prez over traffic should be better and I'll start pestering the fredburg group to get there act together. Steve
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ima have to say the 25th, after lastnight it will be 100% not able to have my fiero ready by sunday :/ and id realy like to bring that car :P
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are some of you guys involved in the inauguration? military, federal servant types? just curious. I'm sure everything in a large radius is going to be in an uproar.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Christine and I could probably do the 25th as well. She should be better enough by then. The Fiero definitely won't be ready, but I did receive the most treasured part of the build last night. That helps.

I have my current IRR military ID, but I don't know if that would let me sponsor anyone else on (probably not).

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 01-06-2009).]

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It sounds like the 25th will get more attendance, but if anyone still really wants lunch on base Sunday, I'll be there some time around noon. Just let me know.

I'm on a bus now heading for an inaugural rehearsal. I have to be here at '0-dark-thirty' each morning, so my car will not be ready in time for Sunday - but it will for the 25th.

So, let's see a list of those who can make it on 25 January. I'll update it here:

ALLTRBO
Daredevil05
hookdonspeed
Macs86GT
MarineFiero
Saxman
silverbullet910
steve308

Xerces_Blackthorne

[This message has been edited by Saxman (edited 01-07-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 25th is doable for me, and I'll have my fiero there too.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 01-07-2009).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Sax-was that you on channel 5 this A.M. in the hanger? I'm in on the 25th weather permitting. Let's show the rest of the Forum the Mid Atlantic can get it's act together!! Just a few thoughts - BRING A FIERO if you own one! If your Fiero is running now --- don't take it apart! If it's apart and repairable - put it back together! Let's see if we can get more than 6 running Fieros together in one place. Challenge to the Fredericksburg / Stafford / Spotsy group --- Let's meet and caravan up together.
Steve
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup - we were the lucky ones marching in the rain. That sucked!

I'll update the attendance list when I get on a computer.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol, i got 1wheel of my fieros suspention done, and its sitting LOW and NICE.....

theres no speedbumps i gota go over is there?
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should be there with Mrs. if I can put my car together in time.

Dave & Barb
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AFAIK, the 25th is perfect for me. Can bring the g/f also probably. at the moment i have no plans, and it works better for me since I can afford the gas Count me in tentatively...I'll send you a message closer to the date to confirm Sax.

-Brian
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still up in the air for my schedule that weekend. The GSF club is meeting the day before, so it may be a tight weekend for me with my other weekend husbandly chores.
Dave
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bmw... i need you to re-arrange your schedule to be here on the 25th...

love them front springs btw... only got 1 corner done so far, been realy F'ing busy...
silverbullet910

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silverbullet910Send a Private Message to silverbullet910Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there with the Bullet.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock