Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  DC, Virginia, NJ and Marylanders - Wanna Meet us in DC? (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
DC, Virginia, NJ and Marylanders - Wanna Meet us in DC? by Saxman
Started on: 01-04-2009 08:37 AM
Replies: 281 (4042 views)
Last post by: grsychckn on 05-24-2009 08:10 PM
lildevil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't make it. We were trying to get some free time to come and meet up. Seems like forever since we did a Fiero get together. I've been working 7 days a week since Thanksgiving. While you guys are bowling and having fun i'll be painting this....
Its going this color...
Its a friends of Nate from the Pinks show. It has a 550 HP LS1 under the hood.

Have fun...keep us informed of any other get togethers

[This message has been edited by lildevil (edited 01-24-2009).]

IP: Logged
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK - Let's all meet at Steve's Auto Body!! I wanna see her painted!

We'll miss you guys...
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going out to clean up the Formula a bit, tighten down the long bolt on the rear suspension and even-up the tire pressure so things are peachy for my ride in.

I'm going to get to the base early to scope out a good photo point. I know we can drive our cars out to the picnic area along the Potomac. I think we should go straight there for the pic, then to the alley for food and beverages.

I'm also collecting parts for delivery. Here is what I am bringing. If you were supposed to get something, please remind me here.

Getrag w/ cables and shifter
1995 Camaro hood scoops

What else am I supposed to bring? I thought I already posted other parts that I was bringing for people but I can't find it.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saxman

5151 posts
Member since May 2005
(edited to correct directions)
So, once we get in the main gate, go straight down that road - called Chappie James Blvd. Go all the way up to the 2nd traffic light (McGuire Ave) and turn LEFT. There is a parking lot on the right just before you get to the river. That should be the "holding" area while I am at the front gate getting passes for everyone. Once I get everyone in, we can drive out to the river, take the pics, then go eat.

Sound good?

PM me for my cell phone. I can get email on my cell too, if you need to get in touch with me.

[This message has been edited by Saxman (edited 01-25-2009).]

MarineFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I WILL BE THERE WITH MY FIERO WAHOOO!
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great! See you at the gate at noon.

I have pretty much lost my voice. It took this long for the inauguration chill to fully play out. I won't taste the beer, but I'll drink it!

Wow - the long bolt under the rotors was really loose, so I am sure that's what my torque-steer problem was. I'm about to find out. Just send me an email if you need anything else! I'm heading out in 30 minutes.
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM'ing about phone #

P.S., I'm confused... Why don't we meet at the front gate, get passes, THEN go on base? Or is that what we're doing?

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 01-25-2009).]

MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're all meeting at the gate so Saxman and I can "sponsor" you all on base.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're not meeting at the front gate. They don't give out passes there. We have to go to the visitors center at the south gate as planned.

Mac can't make it, so here is the latest list - it looks like 2o adults and 4 kids:

ALLTRBO +1
amflyer +1 *with 2 Fieros
bmwguru +1
Daredevil05
Greg R *with an 88
hookdonspeed +1
IMSA/GT +1 *with an IMSA!
jazz4cash
MarineFiero +1 (if he can get his clutch banjo replaced/rigged)
prizm-bluegt *with One Sweet Yellow GT
Saxman +4 *with The new 3.4 Formula
silverbullet910 * with the Bullet
steve308
turbo86se?
jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is still watching the thread, I am a no-show...sorry for the late notice. I was looking forward to this, but I am "discombobulated", as Terrance Gainer would say.
MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here we are on base! I'll post some pics Soon
PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
slacker. learn to post pics!!!
MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here we are!

MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MarineFiero

1026 posts
Member since Aug 2008
And another!

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hooked MIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what happened?
MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hookd? He was there...
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry ----how'd I miss him? which car was his? OBTW -- Who had hi game! --- Thanks to you both, Saxman & Marine Fiero for the great setting, it was great seeing everyone.
Steve

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 01-25-2009).]

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was a good time! My version of bowling (better known as "throw-it-hard-and-straight") seemed to pay off, even though the guys that threw with a curve looked much cooler.

I'm getting some pics together now. They came out GREAT! Thanks to everyone for showing up. Let's start planning the next one. (I open my pool in May, BTW

Andrew
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry I missed the event. My weekend was shot because I had to work around the clock. So I didn't have time to put my car together. Hope to see everyone at the next meet.

Dave
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was great meeting new people and seeing the others again, and experiencing running Fieros again! Thanks for that.
I'll post my pictures before too long.

I hope everyone made it home okay (and cheaply... I probably racked up $400 in speeding tickets after finding out that every overpass on 295 has a speed camera ).

Sounds like a plan for Saxman to host F.I.E.R.O. (Fires In Every Random Orifice) at his pool in the summer! No matter where or when the next one is, it's my goal to get mine built before then. Speaking of, time to go get some work done...

P.S. My arm hurts.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's one of my favorites from today. Would you believe I loaded all the best pics (about 30) on this thread - then my computer locked up before I could hit "post!" Aargh!

I added higher resolution shots under some of these.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

On the Potomac

With the Washington Monument in the background (way back in the background)

More pics to come. I have shots of each car to post...

PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats cuz u need to learn to LET GO of the ball when you throw it, not try and send your arm with it :P

and yes, i was there, with the worst paintjob and cracked sailpanels.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still can't believe my old 87 GT (that I sold to Robert) used to look like this

Looks like this now - nice work, Robert!!

INCREDIBLE!!

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so, wait, did anyone findout from BMW what the secret project was!??! i cant believe i forgot to ask...
prizm-bluegt

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prizm-bluegtSend a Private Message to prizm-bluegtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made it home. Here is the pic I promised.
MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, my turn! I'll have a video soon too.

EDIT: Sorry about the crappy quality. These were all taken via iPhone.

[This message has been edited by MarineFiero (edited 01-25-2009).]

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone should cordinate a Fiero Valentine's Run for couples only at a nice classy restaurant.

Dave
MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now for the video...

[This message has been edited by MarineFiero (edited 01-25-2009).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Burgers at a bowling alley IS a classy date for some of us ! Don't want to spoil her you know.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

Someone should cordinate a Fiero Valentine's Run for couples only at a nice classy restaurant.

Dave

hopefully not ON V-day, everywhere will be PACKED
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm so mad I missed out. =[ Hopefully next time is on a Saturday when I have off.
PFF
System Bot
IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to Saxman & Marine. Fantastic - friends , fieros, food, and fun.

anonymity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear everybody had a great time..... Sorry I had to send mini me..... I was stuck home doing construction on my house..... Ya'd think the man would stick around to help out..... but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He'd rather be out playing with his friends...... Leave me hangin to do all the WORK then he comes back home and says.......

"Nice job..... I would have helped ya.... but I had BETTER THINGS TO DO!!!!"

What could possibly be more fun than laying new hard wood floors and ripping down sheetrock to fix up the boys room?!?!?!

Seriously though.....

Glad to hear everyone had a great meet..... maybe I'll make it to one of the meets comin up.....

Until then.....

Joey (that bastard's wife)
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Erin loved bowling with Jewel. Thanks for sending her!

See you in a few weeks!
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by anonymity:

What "weekend husbandly chores" are you referring to, my dear? There ain't much left for you to do by the time the weekend rolls around. I'd offer to do the food shopping in the evening for ya..... but you don't like when I do the food shopping. What else is there?

I would like to go to the meet, but there are five reasons why I won't be able to make it.....

unless y'all don't mind the little people hanging out with us.

Joey

dont yell at him, it looks like you pretty much told him he had no excuse not to come :P
anonymity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:
dont yell at him, it looks like you pretty much told him he had no excuse not to come :P

lol...... sure take his side...... its ok, the floor is done.... will be starting sheetrock tomorrow.... I don't need no damn "man"

Joey
anonymity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

anonymity

355 posts
Member since Jul 2007

Originally posted by Saxman:

Erin loved bowling with Jewel. Thanks for sending her!

See you in a few weeks!

glad to hear it. Jewell had lots of fun too. We'll call you to set up the date to deliver the car to you
Joey
turbo86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great pics! Looks like a great time! Sorry I missed it, my trip to SC last week was rough so I had to work all weekend. At least I got my first round of golf in this year!
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks likea great run. Sorry i had to bail at the last minute. My sister had to work a double and i got the niece and nephew for the weekend, 3 people do not fit comfortably in a fiero.
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a great time. Thanks for having us New Joisy folks down. I even learned a new way to bowl...and look cool doing it.
Dave
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock