Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  DC, Virginia, NJ and Marylanders - Wanna Meet us in DC? (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
DC, Virginia, NJ and Marylanders - Wanna Meet us in DC? by Saxman
Started on: 01-04-2009 08:37 AM
Replies: 281 (4042 views)
Last post by: grsychckn on 05-24-2009 08:10 PM
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

I had a great time. Thanks for having us New Joisy folks down. I even learned a new way to bowl...and look cool doing it.
Dave

a new way? is that why ya had a score of like 80? :P j/k next time your down we will have to go duckpin bowling, its a completely different game.

altho i dont think the lanes near me are as cheap as on base, last time i went it was almost $50 for 1 lane 3 people, 2games w/ shoe rental.

IP: Logged
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

a new way? is that why ya had a score of like 80? :P j/k next time your down we will have to go duckpin bowling, its a completely different game.

altho i dont think the lanes near me are as cheap as on base, last time i went it was almost $50 for 1 lane 3 people, 2games w/ shoe rental.

yeah, my score dropped once I started to throw like amflyer (Corey), but it is definitely a technique that takes lots of practice to get right. I still couldn't believe the one throw hugged the right gutter and came over to hit just the 7 pin. It was a lot of fun, though. Good beer too!

[This message has been edited by bmwguru (edited 01-26-2009).]

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:
yeah, my score dropped once I started to throw like amflyer (Corey), but it is definitely a technique that takes lots of practice to get right. I still couldn't believe the one throw hugged the right gutter and came over to hit just the 7 pin. It was a lot of fun, though. Good beer too!

yea, i seen that ball, i though you were gona completely miss all the pins, that woulda been 1 hella curve, not that it wasnt already....
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish our lane's "speedometer" was working. I was doing much better (at hurting myself) when I was going for maximum speed, but it was all for naught, hehe.
That curve thing still eludes me entirely, but at least you guys make it look cool! My arm is all better, BTW.

Hookdonspeed, forgive me, but who were you there?

Dave, Corey is sort-of amflyer, but not really. That's actually his dad (Robb), but Corey said he posts with the name sometimes because he can't remember his. (LOL )
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

I wish our lane's "speedometer" was working. I was doing much better (at hurting myself) when I was going for maximum speed, but it was all for naught, hehe.
That curve thing still eludes me entirely, but at least you guys make it look cool! My arm is all better, BTW.

Hookdonspeed, forgive me, but who were you there?

Dave, Corey is sort-of amflyer, but not really. That's actually his dad (Robb), but Corey said he posts with the name sometimes because he can't remember his. (LOL )

so unloved........

i was the i guess u could say "younger" guy with the long hair (not aslong as BMW's), i sat at the table talking most the day, didnt do any bowling, had a tuna on toast with letuce tomato and pickles... fries and a coke..... uhm.... yea, that was me...lolz

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I'm bad at putting names to faces.
Black hair? With the little $300 gizmo that cost $20? (I'm not that old, really, I just can't afford to keep up with personal tech. heh)
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by prizm-bluegt:

I made it home. Here is the pic I promised.

SWEET!
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saxman

5151 posts
Member since May 2005
More pics
Steve308
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Prism-BlueGT

cleppsfierogts (amflyer's son)

It's for sale or trade for a 3800SC!

That's hookedonspeed getting out of the car way in the back

Trunks - ten-hut!

I see bmwguru and Jewel on the right

Starting from the far left with Greg R

Steve308

IMSA/GT

ALLTRBO checking it out

Prism-BlueGT behind his yellow beauty

hookedonspeed

amflyer (Dad drove cleppsfierogts' car)

cleppsfierogts

Silverbullet

MarineFiero on an Air Force Base! OK, so the base will be owned by the Navy soon...

I'm still looking for a 3800SC Fastback in trade for this 3.4

and the door waiting for its new struts (still in the trunk)

all in front of Hangar II - the home of the Air Force Band!

If you want the high-resolution version of any of these shots, just send me an email with the photo file name and I'll reply with your pic.

Let's do it again real soon!

[This message has been edited by Saxman (edited 01-29-2009).]

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saxman

5151 posts
Member since May 2005
OK, yesterday morning I had 115 ratings and now just 113. Did some of you guys take offense to me beating you at bowling with my uncool- looking "throw it straight" style?
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I had to work, but glade to see the nice turn out. Next meet I'll make. And no, I didn't set a date for the dyno runs in colonila beach yet. Still have a bunch of orders for headers and intakes to fill, then I'll them. BTW: if any of you want to buy a set of GT wheels with brand new Cooper tires, let me know. I'm going to go with 17 on my 87 and won't need them. Should have decided that power I brought the new tires, oh well.

------------------
[IMG]

trueleo.com
RSpiderII@aol.com

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saxman:

OK, yesterday morning I had 115 ratings and now just 113. Did some of you guys take offense to me beating you at bowling with my uncool- looking "throw it straight" style?

down to 112 today????
PFF
System Bot
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:
down to 112 today????

I'm going to have to rate myself if this keeps up! (I'd give myself a neg, though...)
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A thought, maybe they were negs and they liked the meet so they removed them, or it could have been something that you posted in another thread? (It wasn't me! Just thinking out loud)

Awesome cars, the every one of you!
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
theres a thread in OT about the ratings, apparently a buncha people had 1-3 just....vanish.

cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I figured I would find my pennocks name and post again. I am amflyers son. I figured after meeting all the great people that I did that i should start posting here and there. i had a blast with all of you. Must say we all did terrible bowling though. Atleast I looked the coolest sucking though. I also have pictures of the event if i could send them to someone through email cause i have no clue how to put them on here.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see you on here! Now I can correct the photos to include your user name!
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish I could have made it, would have loved to see all these wonderful cars in person (not to mention maybe hit the BX for some tax free goodies I need a new pair of boots and some winter BDU's lol)

Sounds like everyone had a great time bowling too. Looks like I'll have to make the next one...
cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ohh just one note sax. My dad forgot to mention both the grey gt and red gt are both mine. He didn't want to bring his car. Thanks for the revisions though it feels good to finally be posting.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

Wish I could have made it, would have loved to see all these wonderful cars in person (not to mention maybe hit the BX for some tax free goodies I need a new pair of boots and some winter BDU's lol)

Sounds like everyone had a great time bowling too. Looks like I'll have to make the next one...

im not sure they will let you buy from there w/o military ID.. thats the way most of them are.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good Morning All. Anyone thinking of going to the GM / Carlisle show? I'm undecided at this point but might be up to joining into a group going up early Saturday and returning that evening. What do you think?
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
id love to go, but aint no way id be able to
PFF
System Bot
MarineFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to and I'll try but I have a wedding to go to
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's possible. Good idea!
silverbullet910

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silverbullet910Send a Private Message to silverbullet910Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve when is the show? Pm me
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Date for show is June 26-28. Starting to see some action by Mid Atlantic Fiero members. Is anyone from our get together a members of the Mid Atlantic Group? They use to be involved at the Kit car show but made a decision to support the GM date. If a member can fill us in perhaps we can join up or join forces and get a reduction on entry and an assigned parking area! It's a way off but might be worth some pre-planning.
grsychckn

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grsychcknSend a Private Message to grsychcknEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello from Norway! I'm on a business trip right now but still manage to keep up to date with the Fiero forum. I'm a member of MAFOA, but have no contacts inside the group. I do know that on their schedule page for 2009, they have 3 shows planned, the GM grand nationals sandwiched by 2 Lititz shows. I definitely plan on attending the GM grand national show (probably should start thinking about hotels, etc...) so maybe some of us can caravan to it from VA/MD. I can try to contact someone if we need detailed information but I do believe they'll want anyone to join MAFOA in order to get any discounts for the show.

Next stop Sweden and Denmark, I'll be back this coming Friday - and planning on getting a lot done with the car since things will slow down for me then.

http://www.mafoa.com/blog/2...and-2009-events.html

Edit: Adding link to MAFOA website.

[This message has been edited by grsychckn (edited 01-31-2009).]

cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hello. If you have any questions about MAFOA and the show that we know of you should PM amflyer(my dad Robb Leppo). I am supposed to know about the show at this point as I am the assisstant activities director for MAFOA but I have been trying to focus on school, that I have not been up to date on these events yet. If not you could PM JennsDream for she is our Activities Director for MAFOA as well. It should be a great show that is all I know and I hope to see over 100 cars this year. This will be my 5th year for Carlisle and I saw how last year went at Kit Car and attendence was way down. The show is always better seeing a lot more beautiful cars out there.
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Clepps ---- I'll drop them a line and get an idea of whats involved and get it posted for "thought".

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 02-01-2009).]

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had no idea you guys were a major part of MAFOA. You should have said something. I've been interested in actually talking to members of the committee.
Dave
jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Date for show is June 26-28. Starting to see some action by Mid Atlantic Fiero members. Is anyone from our get together a members of the Mid Atlantic Group? They use to be involved at the Kit car show but made a decision to support the GM date. If a member can fill us in perhaps we can join up or join forces and get a reduction on entry and an assigned parking area! It's a way off but might be worth some pre-planning.

Nice going you guys...last week was a beautiful day and then it got really cold. I backed out at the last minute and now I am sorry I did not make it. My car could've really used a short run.

Steve...looks like you have the Carlisle plan figured out. I've been to Carlisle with MAFOA the last 3 yrs, but this will be first year for the all GM show and I am really looking forward. I usually just go up for the day, but I'll stay tuned for any caravan plans.......I like to take backroads as much as possible. I believe MAFOA want us to register for Carlisle thru thier website so the group get properly counted.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're going to try hard to get both cars do for the GM show.
BTW: does MAFOA really stand for: Mothers Against Fiero Owners Assco?

------------------
[IMG]

trueleo.com
RSpiderII@aol.com

PFF
System Bot
jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

We're going to try hard to get both cars do for the GM show.
BTW: does MAFOA really stand for: Mothers Against Fiero Owners Assco?

you serious?

Mid
Atlantic
Fiero
Owners
Association

amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes if you all know anyone who will be attending the GM Nationals please register thru our web site www.mafoa,com . Dave if you want to talk to me just PM me your number and I will call you personally. I have been President of the club for three years now. We need the count so we can get more than two classes from Carlisle Events to sponsor. If this show does not work out for all of the Fiero owners it is very possible that there will not be a Carlisle event after this year that we will sponsor due to large amount of problems with the Kit Car show. Yes we need everyones support in this matter and would like to have over 100 cars in attendance or more. So come on everyone and support this cause to keep Carlisle alive for the Fiero Owners. Thanks

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car
President of Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners Association

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look like it's $15.00 per year to join the Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners club - and as a member discounts are available (and "club" parking areas) are set aside at events like Carlisle. Seems like a no brainer! I'll be signing up tonight.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey - if any of you guys want to meet for some more bowling on Bolling AFB next Saturday, Feb 28, bmwguru and Anonymity are visiting from NJ - and throwing some bowling balls with my wife and I. (edited to add that this event is cancelled - to be rescheduled soon)

Let me know and I can get you in the gate for a few games and some food. We'll probably be there around 2 or 3 pm.

Andrew

[This message has been edited by Saxman (edited 02-26-2009).]

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have off. I wanna come. March or Feb? You said "next Sat" .. kinda confused. =P
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey - if any of you guys want to meet for some more bowling on Bolling AFB next Saturday, March 28, bmwguru and Anonymity are visiting from NJ - and throwing some bowling balls with my wife and I.

Let me know and I can get you in the gate for a few games and some food. We'll probably be there around 2 or 3 pm.

Andrew

Sax, I may be up for it if cash allows May give me a reason to meet up with this new girl I've been talking to that lives in your town Maybe I can convince her to come along for the ride March 28 correct? or is it next Saturday, Feb 28? March would be best for me, my taxes are due back on the 3rd...Then the VW goes to BMW and his wife for repair

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 02-21-2009).]

prizm-bluegt

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prizm-bluegtSend a Private Message to prizm-bluegtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is interested,there is a car show in fredericksburg april 18th we could all meet up for. Maybe FrancisT will chime in for a great place for all to meetup before entering the show. Been there before and it was a nice show. Weather permitting of course

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corrected! Feb 28
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Corrected! Feb 28

Damn Was really hoping for March

YGPM Sax

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors