Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  DC, Virginia, NJ and Marylanders - Wanna Meet us in DC? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
DC, Virginia, NJ and Marylanders - Wanna Meet us in DC? by Saxman
Started on: 01-04-2009 08:37 AM
Replies: 281 (4039 views)
Last post by: grsychckn on 05-24-2009 08:10 PM
MarineFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really really need a steering column!
IP: Logged
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My parts-sale list is at //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/043566.html

I have more stuff that I haven't posted. Need something, just ask.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saxman

5151 posts
Member since May 2005

Originally posted by jazz4cash:
Could you please recap date, location, and time? Thanks

We'll meet at the visitors center near the South Gate of Bolling Air Force Base at noon on Sunday the 25th. It's exit 1 off I-295.

I can get ten people on base and so can MarineFiero. If his wife goes, she can get ten on. I'll either have my wife or my daughter. If my wife goes, she can get people on, too.

Be sure you have a current registration, drivers license and proof of insurance for your car or they will not give you a pass. They do not bend this rule. Sorry!

Looks like there will be some bowling on Bolling for us.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saxman

5151 posts
Member since May 2005
Oh, I'll also have a red Formula with vertical doors and a fresh Jasper 3.4 installed for sale. I'm taking the best reasonable offer - in the neighborhood of $4500.

Yeah - my renters were late again in their payment and I need some cash to cover myself so I can give them the boot. It may take a while to get new tenents. $4500 will cover me for two house payments, but the relief of getting them out of there will help me sleep at night. I am sure that they won't pay at all one of these days and I can't sit and wait for that to happen.

I have to focus on the V8 Fino, too, unless someone has $9k to pay for that one. Then I can keep the Formula!
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im telling u sax, let me rent it, for 1/2 payment, atleast you know youll get payment each month lolz
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is a list of what I have and can bring for sale or trade. I'm trying to make some space for our secret project at my shop. I can also bring stuff from pff member Shawnhalolush if interested in his parts. He will list them later.

2.8 distributor with module -looks new
black sunroof bag
black passenger side fender with smooth molding
washer bottle
silver/gray quarter panels from a 1986 SE
multiple pairs of jack stands at $10 per pair
aftermarket K&N CAI air filter-I'll give pic and specs upon request.
multiple aftermarket fans of different diameters and cfm ratings-some never used
and the rear louvers from a fastback Fiero-very rare aftermarket no longer made part-pics available upon request

Other than that, I'm looking forward to hanging out, bowling, having a few pints and good food.
Dave

[This message has been edited by bmwguru (edited 01-19-2009).]

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
u gota pic of the louvers?

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hookdonspeed

7980 posts
Member since May 2008
hey sax, anychance that bowling is duckpin? :P i love me some duckpin bowling
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

u gota pic of the louvers?

This is the best pic I have. They hinge up with the decklid when it is opened.

[This message has been edited by bmwguru (edited 01-19-2009).]

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

here is a list of what I have and can bring for sale or trade. I'm trying to make some space for our secret project at my shop. I can also bring stuff from pff member Shawnhalolush if interested in his parts. He will list them later.
...and the rear louvers from a fastback Fiero-very rare aftermarket no longer made part-pics available upon request

Other than that, I'm looking forward to hanging out, bowling, having a few pints and good food.
Dave

I gotta see if I can get some louver for my birthday. I'd love to get a white GT one day to match my white Mach 1. Those louvers would do it since the Mach has the same style - I just have to paint the wing black and get some stripes. Hmmm - let me check those lottery tickets again...
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
eh, ill pass on those, they rid it of the fastback look imo
PFF
System Bot
shawnhalolush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnhalolushSend a Private Message to shawnhalolushEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi there, i can't make it to this meet but my boss (bmwguru) is, I have some parts I would like to sell but dont wanna go through the hassle of shipping. They are as follows:

-a tilt steering column but it was in my basement and suffered a flood so it may be junk.
-a grey dash board, very good condition, no warpage or cracks.
-2 v6 4sp engine wiring harnesses
-1 notchaback tailight harness
-1 fastback tailight harness (cut at c500 connector)
-1 instrument cluster complete (85 mph from a V6)
-1 set of grey lace wheels
-1 set of the ugly wheels

Let me know if your interested in anything and Bmwguru will gladly bring it to the meet

Shawn
MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shawn, can you check on that steering column for me? It's tilt but it is for a manual too? And does it have the wiper stalk still on it?
shawnhalolush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnhalolushSend a Private Message to shawnhalolushEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes it is tilt, out of a fiero, has the key, turn signal stalk. I had it in my basement along with a bunch of other fiero parts, My basement flooded and the column was submerged, It looks rusty, but I'll take a better look at it tomorrow.

Shawn

PS- I also have a set of notchie taillights up for grabs too.
MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it's good, how much you want?
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BMW GURU --PM sent (I think) Steve
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
does anyone need any NEW replacement parts for their cars? brakes, tierods, rotors, heater cores, just ask me, ill give ya a price and can bring it to the meet.
MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HEATER CORE!!! A/C CONDENSER! (the silver can thingie)

Do you need a heater core core?
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pretty soon this will turn into an annual swap meet for the mid atlantic Fieros
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bmwguru

4692 posts
Member since Sep 2006
Steve-pm returned.
I'll bring a set of gray/silver 1/4 panels. I'd like to get $20 for the set to get them out of my shop. Later this week I'll be spending a few hours listing a ton of Euro stuff on ebay and craigslist to try and free up some room for my next crazy swap.(Sax, if you want a crash course in fabrication, welding and going nuts trying to make the swap functional, now is the time to come up to NJ)
I also will be bringing my new found bowling skills. I just got my ball redrilled for fingertip use, so this should be interesting.
Are we meeting at noon? Will there be food? More importantly, will there be Killians or close second?
Dave
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to check on the beer brands. Yingling may be the closest - if that is close at all. I'll check it out. They have some fairly good food. We meet at 12.

My wife was going to come with me, but she is tied up with the kids until 1:15. I might be able to get them to drive out when they are done. That would make it easier to get that Getrag to the swap meer ... errrr, I mean Fiero meet.

[This message has been edited by Saxman (edited 01-20-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...Sax, if you want a crash course in fabrication, welding and going nuts trying to make the swap functional, now is the time to come up to NJDave

Man, I wish! Maybe I can talk Ruth into letting me make a weekend of it. Do you do Fiero work on the weekends?
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well, good news and bad news....
suspention is done, exhaust will be done by the meet...

bad news, i found a bit more wrong w/ the car then i had formally known :/

i think an engine swap would be easier then "fixing" it all
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bring it down!!! no better place to get a second - third & fourth opinion!!!!
BMWGURU -- PM sent -- deal!

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 01-20-2009).]

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
missing rear exhaust manifold bolt (hoping not broke), front valve covers leaking, looks like maybe a trans seal is leaking, some other stupid stuff, that i just dont wana waste the $ fixing when i could probably do a swap for not much more... well thats a lie, but its a good chunk towards the swap...

and apparently i got some play in the rack, not looking toward finding out the issue w/ that, and a half kinked left side coolant tube :/
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

BMWGURU -- PM sent -- deal!

You getting the louvers?
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saxman

5151 posts
Member since May 2005

Will there be food? More importantly, will there be Killians or close second?
Dave

I just talked with the alley and they have Bud, Bud Light and Sam Adams on tap. No Killians - not even in the bottle. Sorry, Dave!
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hooked -- Didn't you just have the vehicle lowered ? was problem there prior? If yes to 1 no to 2 you need a proper alignment. can't remember what your you have --- if pre 88 Steering Stabilizer is probably shot -- Rock Auto about 25 bucks to your door - If wide wheels and lowered 2 stablizers & rodneys double mount kit is the way to go.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Hooked -- Didn't you just have the vehicle lowered ? was problem there prior? If yes to 1 no to 2 you need a proper alignment. can't remember what your you have --- if pre 88 Steering Stabilizer is probably shot -- Rock Auto about 25 bucks to your door - If wide wheels and lowered 2 stablizers & rodneys double mount kit is the way to go.

the stablizer does look pretty shot... and the suspention all around was prettymuch shot...
i honestly shoulda done more to it then i did, but a few riped boots could care me less, aslong as the parts are still functioning, this summer ill start making it "look pretty" this fix was just to get it to go straight without wanted to turn on its own, etc, i just drove the car back to my work, the steerings a little loose, but ALOT better then it was, and it still needs to be aligned.

....new problem, think i need a clutch slaver or master cyl now too.... ARG

+side, cars been sitting outback less then 2hrs and already had someone come in asking me about it

i love owning a fiero, always have people asking me about it.... <3 my car...even with its issues atm
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saxman:

I just talked with the alley and they have Bud, Bud Light and Sam Adams on tap. No Killians - not even in the bottle. Sorry, Dave!

That's ok. I'll have a few of something in a bottle
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Sax,
Would you care to PM the members that aren't going to this already, but that went to or expressed interest in going to last year's F.I.E.R.O. meet? The list is here in the original thread:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/069130.html
Maybe we can get a few more that haven't seen these threads. (I've gotta get back to work now.)

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 01-21-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
prizm-bluegt

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prizm-bluegtSend a Private Message to prizm-bluegtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's time for me to chime in . I'm thinking about joining the crew for the 25th. Weather looks good so far. Anybody gonna take pics? Be pretty cool if the base had a bird on a stick to park the cars in front of for a pic! Besides, I gotta show Saxman his old car!!!!
shawnhalolush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnhalolushSend a Private Message to shawnhalolushEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Marine, It's a no go on the column...I'm sorry but its a goner!

Shawn
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a question how anal are they about things like front license plates not being affixed at Bollings?
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by prizm-bluegt:
It's time for me to chime in . I'm thinking about joining the crew for the 25th. Weather looks good so far. Anybody gonna take pics? Be pretty cool if the base had a bird on a stick to park the cars in front of for a pic! Besides, I gotta show Saxman his old car!!!!

I thought we were trading my Formula for your yellow GT!
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saxman

5151 posts
Member since May 2005

Originally posted by Macs86GT:
I have a question how anal are they about things like front license plates not being affixed at Bollings?

I've never heard of that being a problem here. Just bring it along and stick it in the front windshield if there is a problem. I doubt it will be an issue.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, i know some bases are sticklers for all the details, pearl could be a tad snippy at times about things like that, and other times they gave a shart less.
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saxman - no I'm not getting the louvers--- As far as I know they are still on the sell list. I've requested the distributor.
Sounds like Dave could assemble all the parts he's bringing down into a runner -- sell it for parts and fly home!
Steve
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol... that would be funny.

so last few things on my checklist are the alignment, and check fluids.
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the stuff I cleaned out of my shop. I'm looking for a few bucks for each of the items. To be honest, I'll probably just wind up throwing the stuff out by the end of the month. If anyone wants any of these, let me know. I'm trying to make room for my next project and I'm tired of tripping over this stuff.

And Sax, I assume this is what you will be getting dropped off to you in a few weeks?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock