Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
   What is everyone's thoughts on the "vaccine" mandate? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What is everyone's thoughts on the "vaccine" mandate? by Fats
Started on: 11-07-2021 03:49 AM
Replies: 172 (2465 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 01-05-2022 08:52 AM
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2021 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For what it's worth.....My first two Pfizer shots I hardly felt but being almost 70 and caring for my mom and mother inlaw I decided on the booster. Got it and the seasonal flu shot on the same day. First 24 hours no issues but the next 54 hours were not good. Don't know if the combo caused the issue but I was miserable.
IP: Logged
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2021 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

For what it's worth.....My first two Pfizer shots I hardly felt but being almost 70 and caring for my mom and mother inlaw I decided on the booster. Got it and the seasonal flu shot on the same day. First 24 hours no issues but the next 54 hours were not good. Don't know if the combo caused the issue but I was miserable.

My understanding is that some folks that get both vaccinations at the same time have similar results. I got mine about a month apart and had no ill effects from either one. YMMV

Rams
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2021 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most days I am very happy with my decision to move to Florida 35 years ago.

Today is another one of those days.

"Florida becomes the first state with a law imposing possible fines on companies that require a COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/...bills-023338720.html
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2021 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In Canada it's like this...

It started with the federal government mandating vaccination for all federal employees - OR LOSE YOUR JOB.
I assume as the feds expected, companies and institutions (hospitals, schools etc) instituted the same policy - OR LOSE YOUR JOB.
So... punishment by economic death if you don't comply...

So the unvaccinated nurses/medical staff garbed in PPE that were "heroes" for 18 months are now labelled "plague carriers" and fired.

Now, firefighters who are off work on disabilty, sick leave, on-the-job injuries etc. AT HOME will lose their compensation/insurance benefits if unvaccinated.
(I expect it's only a matter of time before they threaten to withhold social services, pension benefits etc. from people as well...)
https://torontosun.com/news...-firing-without-jabs

The news says that the unvaccinated are driving the next wave - the implication being that the unvaccinated are infecting each other??
But ALL information on the vaccines clearly say the vaccinated can still catch the virus and SPREAD it without getting sick themselves.
That being the case, each vaccinated person can in effect become a "Typhoid Mary" walking around infecting others without even knowing it.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 11-21-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2021 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate those cautionary remarks about the wisdom of getting the seasonal influenza vaccine and a Covid booster vaccine, one in each arm, at the same time. Or almost the same time, give or take a minute or so.

I might have done it anyway, but when I dropped in at the pharmacy, I was advised that the Covid boosters require going online with them (Walgreens) and setting up an appointment in advance. "Inventory", being the explanation. So that won't happen for me until after the Thanksgiving holiday.

I had the seasonal influenza vaccine in one arm and a tetanus (TDAP) booster in the other arm. About 15 hours ago. So far, no ill effects. Not even injection site soreness, although that wouldn't surprise me if that still were to come on in a minor way in the "tetanus" arm.

As I said (perhaps famously) on the previous page, "I regret that I have but two arms to give for Big Pharma."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 11-20-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2021 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My next shot might be delayed on account of supply chain issues.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-20-2021 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

(I expect it's only a matter of time before they threaten to withhold social services, pension benefits etc. from people as well...)

It's already happening. I know a few people in town unvaxed but depend on home-care and volunteer transportation and are having a VERY hard time getting the help they need. Wife was going to go visit family over new years and got told not to bother coming if she doesn't get the shot. Personally, I cant even get a taxi around here anymore. It's either sympathetic friends or walk to town if I find myself in need of a lift.

Sheet, unless you are fully clot-shotted in Ontario, you can't even go sit and have a coffee in a Timmies, take-out or drive-through only.

Back to lock-down activities mostly. Like I REALLY care. Ain't the 1st time, wont be the last the way this B.S. is going. frack 'em.
PhatMax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2021 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhatMaxSend a Private Message to PhatMaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PhatMax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2021 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhatMaxSend a Private Message to PhatMaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PhatMax

541 posts
Member since Apr 2006
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2021 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2021 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2021 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well things took a turn here I guess.

My manager put her notice in, she's taking vacation, back one day on the 29th, and then off to greener pastures.

(Edit to add) My manager has had the shots as well. Her daughter was in the hospital this year, and they told her she could only stay with her if she got the vaccine.
#MichiganLife

Then about half the drivers, including me, put in our notice as well.
I take my vacation at the end of December, and come back to get my car and drive it home.

I didn't think it was relevant to the discussion, but people are talking like I'm against people getting the "vaccine".
I'm not.
My family discussed it, and I went to get the shot (s) first so if I had any adverse reactions they could make a more informed decision. Most of my family have now had the shots. My wife hasn't because her doctor advised against it since her heart isn't the greatest after the coma last year, and (according to him) one of the reactions is heart issues.
I didn't get the shot for attention, at the time I thought it may have been helpful and it would help protect me and my family. I no longer think it works on any level except to show compliance. I'm not getting any boosters.

My issue isn't getting the shot, it's the mandate and forcing people to choose between not having a job, or doing whatever it is the Government wants you to do.

I'm not telling work that I got the shot, it's none of their business as far as I'm concerned. I've not told anyone at work, and I don't anticipate any reason to tell them. I'm probably wrong, but it's the hill I've chose to die on I guess.

[This message has been edited by Fats (edited 11-21-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2021 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2021 05:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

I would think just about everyone would agree with this.
I read somewhere recently that the Western Media (specifically the US) was the least trusted of 46 countries.
I don't have to wonder why.
I'd also argue that our current government is toward the bottom of most folks lists.

Rams
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2021 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
I read somewhere recently that the Western Media (specifically the US) was the least trusted of 46 countries.

Did you read that online at the New York Times?

I think not. Likely, you read that somewhere else. But thinking back to whenever and wherever you read that, can you say that it wasn't a smaller and more localized media venue that republished a report from the New York Times, or paraphrased a report from the New York Times? That could have been disclosed, but only in the "fine print" at the top or bottom of the article that you read.

If not from the New York Times, could it have been from NBC News, or something that was reported by the local NBC-affiliated TV channel? You could have read this online, or read this from a viewgraph that was presented during a TV broadcast, or maybe you listened to someone saying this during a TV broadcast. The New York Times, NBC News, UPI, Reuters or any other originator of this report--the original originator--maybe that was part of "the Western media" as you define it?

The question being, if you read that "the Western media" is generally and very widely not trusted across as many as 46 different countries, but you read it in the Western media . . . where does that leave you? Are you making a Western media "carveout" for yourself, and allowing yourself to trust this particular report?

Was this some graffiti that you read? Did you read this in a book? A recent book? Did you read it online at the Pew Research Center's website? Or did you read it in RT...? Or in some media venue that copied it from RT...? Would you trust a report of that (RT) kind, which I think would be outside of what you consider to be "the Western media"..?

When the very first human or early human ancestor to have the experience of seeing their own face reflected from the surface of a small, sunlit marshland pond--very likely the way it would have happened--did they instantly realize that it was their own face? Or did it take them considerably longer to figure that out?

Not just "blackrams", but anyone who might be thinking along similar lines.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 11-23-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2021 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Not just "blackrams", but anyone who might be thinking along similar lines.

THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY THREE WORDS.....

...just to say what any normal person says in 5: "Where did you read that?"

garrulous nonsense.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-22-2021).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY THREE WORDS.....

...just to say what any normal person says in 5: "Where did you read that?"

garrulous nonsense.

It's the typical attack from the left. Say a lot of nothing, accuse the other side of something that has little to no importance to the subject at hand, demand proof of something irrelevant, call someone a name or place them into some identifying box that only matters to the left. Then prance around in the fecal matter they spewed out and declare victory.

Oh, and if you do anything that they do, you are racist, sexist or some other word they made up or changed the meaning of.

Can anyone tell I'm getting sick of these people yet?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:
It's the typical attack from the left. . . .

Parenthetically, I would go with "Left" in this context. Capitalized. That (I think) would be preferable. Not that "left" is wrong. I looked at an online style guide. Just a sidebar.

I guess there is something that could be added to my previous remarks. "Where did blackrams read that?" The most straightforward of responses. Why didn't I just go with "Where did you read that?" and not another word more?

Because my remarks were conditioned by previous discussions, where blackrams was a participant.

I find no fault in that.

Wouldn't it be amazing if my previous remarks, garrulousTM as they may be, jog blackram's memory so that he remembers where he read it and puts that on record here? I think it would be amazing. I also think it's very unlikely. But, as I think about it again, blackrams said "46 countries." That's very specific. I'm not going to do this right now, but I wonder what would happen if I used "46 countries" as an online search target for Google or DuckDuckGo. Maybe "46 countries" and "Western media" and "least trusted"..? Per blackram's wording of it.

"blackrams remembers" . . . the memoir, not yet published, and perhaps not even partially drafted. Where it's sure to be revealed.

Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wouldn't it be amazing if my previous remarks, garrulousTM as they may be, jog blackram's memory so that he remembers where he read it and puts that on record here? I think it would be amazing. I also think it's very unlikely. But, as I think about it again, blackrams said "46 countries." That's very specific. I'm not going to do this right now, but I wonder what would happen if I used "46 countries" as an online search target for Google or DuckDuckGo. Maybe "46 countries" and "Western media" and "least trusted"..? Per blackram's wording of it.

I think it would be amazing if you could go a day without crapping all over other people's threads. I don't personally have a problem with you, but you certainly tend to Troll a bit, and it does tire a feller out. I've quit clicking on your threads over time because they just tend to be you jerking yourself off and you refuse to allow anyone to have even a glimmer of a different viewpoint. To the point where even in cases where I would agree with you (extremely rare instance btw), I don't say a word because I don't want to enforce any of the insanity you seem to wallow in with the rest of your stuff. You seem to have a few people you follow around and poke at constantly. Perhaps try changing things up a bit?

I would like to suggest you attempt to limit your post length on replies, just go with a quick couple of sentences and see what happens. Interaction would very likely go up, and anger at your book length posts would probably go down.

Perhaps be the bigger man and walk away from some of your feuds for a couple of days. We're all in this together, and really there is no set in stone reason to have this much bile in your posts. I get that other people also have issues, but let them have their issues, and work on yours.

I don't know why you like to go out of your way to use twenty dollar words on five cent posts, just say things and stop being pretentious / ostentatious / pompous / sophomoric. (Fancy words added so you can understand what I'm saying.)

I would like to reiterate, I have nothing against you personally. I don't agree with many of your views, but that doesn't mean I have a problem with you. Just, knock it off.

As a Rodney King once said. "Can't we all just get along?"

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Actually, I wouldn't have even bothered, but you said it so well that I just had to respond.

A tip of the hat to Mr. Fats!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well things took a turn here I guess.

My manager put her notice in, she's taking vacation, back one day on the 29th, and then off to greener pastures.

(Edit to add) My manager has had the shots as well. Her daughter was in the hospital this year, and they told her she could only stay with her if she got the vaccine.
#MichiganLife

Then about half the drivers, including me, put in our notice as well.
I take my vacation at the end of December, and come back to get my car and drive it home.

I hope companies learn not to push their employees around and instead push back against gov BS.
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've quit clicking on your threads over time because they just tend to be you jerking yourself off and you refuse to allow anyone to have even a glimmer of a different viewpoint.

I read that entire message from the man with the "lipid-intensive" screen name, and I am not offended by it. Or angry with it. I actually find much good in it.

I don't agree with him saying (this single sentence that I quoted from him) that I "refuse to allow anyone to have even a glimmer of a different viewpoint."

I emphatically disagree with that. And to make this--which a moment ago was "that"--into an example, I am not refusing to allow him to have a different viewpoint about this. I'm not trying to insult him over this. I am just disagreeing (emphatically) with his viewpoint on this. Or is it "that"..? "To tell the truth, in all the excitement, I've kind of lost track myself."

When I indulged in my "Western media" response, that ran to just over 300 words, I didn't think of myself as "feuding with" or "trolling on" blackrams. I mostly thought of myself in that moment as drilling down on the particular phrase "Western media" that blackrams had just used. But it hasn't been seen that way by others (obviously) and for that--well, I guess the responsibility and the blame (blame, because there is fault) could very well rest on my shoulders.

It's not an easy burden for me to accept--even the possibility of it--but the situation here demands it of me. So I will try to stand up under this unexpected burden today, and for such time as the gravity of it continues to weigh upon me.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I read that entire message from the man with the "lipid-intensive" screen name, and I am not offended by it. Or angry with it. I actually find much good in it.

I don't agree with him saying (this single sentence that I quoted from him) that I "refuse to allow anyone to have even a glimmer of a different viewpoint."

I emphatically disagree with that. And to make this--which a moment ago was "that"--into an example, I am not refusing to allow him to have a different viewpoint about this. I'm not trying to insult him over this. I am just disagreeing (emphatically) with his viewpoint on this. Or is it "that"..? "To tell the truth, in all the excitement, I've kind of lost track myself."

When I indulged in my "Western media" response, that ran to just over 300 words, I didn't think of myself as "feuding with" or "trolling on" blackrams. I mostly thought of myself in that moment as drilling down on the particular phrase "Western media" that blackrams had just used. But it hasn't been seen that way by others (obviously) and for that--well, I guess the responsibility and the blame (blame, because there is fault) could very well rest on my shoulders.

It's not an easy burden for me to accept--even the possibility of it--but the situation here demands it of me. So I will try to stand up under this unexpected burden today, and for such time as the gravity of it continues to weigh upon me.

Did you write this sitting in a bean bag with Cheetos cheese all over your face and hands?
Just wondering.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Did you write this sitting in a bean bag with Cheetos cheese all over your face and hands?
Just wondering.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Custom Trolling"..? "The Trolling Butler"..? A new venture in the social media space from williegoat . . . is this already being hailed as a unicorn?

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
"US ranks last among 46 countries in trust in media, Reuters Institute report finds"

Just 29% of people surveyed in the U.S. said they trust the news, compared to 45% in Canada and 54% in Brazil.

The United States ranks last in media trust — at 29% — among 92,000 news consumers surveyed in 46 countries, a report released Wednesday found. That’s worse than Poland, worse than the Philippines, worse than Peru. (Finland leads at 65%.)

The annual digital news report from the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism at Oxford also found some improvement in trust in nearly all the countries surveyed — probably thanks to COVID-19 coverage — but not in the U.S. where the low rating was flat year to year.

One explanation, though not necessarily the only one, is the extreme political polarization in the U.S. This study, like many others, found extremely high levels of distrust — 75% of those who identify as being on the right thought coverage of their views is unfair.

Local news, both print and broadcast, fared better than national news. However, the findings for struggling local print outlets were not all good. . . .

It's not a long article. If anyone wants the whole enchilada, here you go:
https://www.poynter.org/eth...titute-report-finds/

It's credited to Rick Edmonds and dated June 24, 2021.

The question, still unresolved: "Where did blackrams read this?" ("On the throne" is not an acceptable response.)

All this seeming brouhaha that I've created about the phrase "Western media" may seem like nothing more than that--brouhaha--but it goes to the heart of what we believe, and how we believe. It's foundational to every non-trivial topic that appears on this forum. "That allegation deserves the attention of every American."

What was that, again? At the very end, there?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apparently it is listed by OSHA now

https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/ets2

Many employers are following it even though the fine print says:

"On November 12, 2021, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit granted a motion to stay OSHA's COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Emergency Temporary Standard, published on November 5, 2021 (86 Fed. Reg. 61402) ("ETS"). The court ordered that OSHA "take no steps to implement or enforce" the ETS "until further court order." While OSHA remains confident in its authority to protect workers in emergencies, OSHA has suspended activities related to the implementation and enforcement of the ETS pending future developments in the litigation."

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007
The loophole seems to be this from my earlier posted link:

"1910.501(d)(2)
The employer is exempted from the requirement in paragraph (d)(1) of this section only if the employer establishes, implements, and enforces a written policy allowing any employee not subject to a mandatory vaccination policy to choose either to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of regular testing for COVID-19 in accordance with paragraph (g) of this section and wear a face covering in accordance with paragraph (i) of this section.

Note 1 to paragraph (d): Under federal law, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, workers may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation from their employer, absent undue hardship. If the worker requesting a reasonable accommodation cannot be vaccinated and/or wear a face covering because of a disability, as defined by the ADA, the worker may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation. In addition, if the vaccination, and/or testing for COVID-19, and/or wearing a face covering conflicts with a worker’s sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance, the worker may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation. For more information about evaluating requests for reasonable accommodation for disability or sincerely held religious belief, employers should consult the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s regulations, guidance, and technical assistance including at: https://www.eeoc.gov/wysk/w...t-and-other-eeo-laws "

Which leads to this:
https://www.eeoc.gov/wysk/w...t-and-other-eeo-laws

The what and how of accomodations the employer must make is my question.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-23-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I read that entire message....

ANOTHER TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY SEVEN WORDS...

...simply to say what any normal person would say in just TWO WORDS: "I disagree"

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A comedian summed it up properly for me. I don't want the free one. I want the one that's like $3000. The one you're giving to Beyonce.

He is right though. History repeats. Why is this one "free"? Why such a push? I'm not educated enough either way. I'm young and healthy. Had it twice. I think I can wait.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ANOTHER TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY SEVEN WORDS...

...simply to say what any normal person would say in just TWO WORDS:

"I disagree"

I disagree with this on several levels. I think that anyone who is looking on here and has the time to scroll backwards to my 257-word message and review it (if they have not already) will find it a positive experience. Small, but positive.That would be the 257-word message that started with me singling out just one sentence from Fats and taking issue with that, but appreciating the entire remainder of what he said in a positive way.

My 257-word message Read-o-Meters to all of 74 seconds of reading time, for an average reader, to read it attentively from beginning to end, and this link will scroll directly to it:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...L/127051-3.html#p101

"Always with the Negative Waves, Moriarty . . ."

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

A comedian summed it up properly for me. I don't want the free one. I want the one that's like $3000. The one you're giving to Beyonce.

He is right though. History repeats. Why is this one "free"? Why such a push? I'm not educated enough either way. I'm young and healthy. Had it twice. I think I can wait.

You never seem to see any gourmet magazines raving about how magnificent free government cheese is.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13768 posts
Member since Mar 2006

My 257-word message......

“Fools talk too much, and what they do say is usually just noise or irrelevant gibberish designed to keep themselves entertained”

― Stuart Wilde

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-23-2021).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2021 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More damands via the OSHA link:

"1910.501(f)
Employer support for employee vaccination. The employer must support COVID-19 vaccination as described in this paragraph.

1910.501(d)(1)
The employer must establish, implement, and enforce a written mandatory vaccination policy.

1910.501(e)(1)
The employer must determine the vaccination status of each employee. This determination must include whether the employee is fully vaccinated.

1910.501(e)(2)
The employer must require each vaccinated employee to provide acceptable proof of vaccination status, including whether they are fully or partially vaccinated. Acceptable proof of vaccination status is:

1910.501(j)(4)
The prohibitions of 18 U.S.C. 1001 and of section 17(g) of the OSH Act, which provide for criminal penalties associated with knowingly supplying false statements or documentation."

I wondered why there is less than a sentence on each numbered section, apparently this is why:

"Each section of this subpart U, and each provision within those sections, is separate and severable from the other sections and provisions. If any provision of this subpart is held to be invalid or unenforceable on its face, or as applied to any person, entity, or circumstance, or is stayed or enjoined, that provision shall be construed so as to continue to give the maximum effect to the provision permitted by law, unless such holding shall be one of utter invalidity or unenforceability, in which event the provision shall be severable from this subpart and shall not affect the remainder of the subpart."

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-24-2021).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2021 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wonder how many lawsuit will be filed by 'anti vaccine' employees families against the employer for not protecting thier loved should they die from covid contracted on the job if the employer choses to not enforce the mandate? You know the excuse.... no one told us, what's covid etc.... Let's face it, it's the American way.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2021 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One day, after the Lawyer Inquisition, we will have no more lawyers. Until then we will suffer more and more from the courts actually making the laws via lawsuit.

-Remember the Star Trek - Next Generation episode where Q is trying Picard for humanities' crimes? There was some line about the Lawyer Wars or something to that affect where all the lawyers were "deleted". There are many who believe the crazy lawsuit payouts have gone too far and lawyers are to blame. IDK-

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2021 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just wonder how many lawsuit will be filed by 'anti vaccine' employees families against the employer for not protecting thier loved should they die from covid contracted on the job if the employer choses to not enforce the mandate? You know the excuse.... no one told us, what's covid etc.... Let's face it, it's the American way.

The dick head that killed your grandmother lives in China. Start there.
gtjoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2021 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtjoeSend a Private Message to gtjoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

most employers have never made anyone take a flu shot, stop smoking, lose weight, not go hunting with dick cheney. All of these are things that could get you killed, and ive never heard of a employer being sued for not protecting their employees from these things even though most of them (excepting for the dick cheney one) have killed way more people over time than covid. Of course if this works out for them who knows..........

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2021 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

One day, after the Lawyer Inquisition, we will have no more lawyers. Until then we will suffer more and more from the courts actually making the laws via lawsuit.

-Remember the Star Trek - Next Generation episode where Q is trying Picard for humanities' crimes? There was some line about the Lawyer Wars or something to that affect where all the lawyers were "deleted". There are many who believe the crazy lawsuit payouts have gone too far and lawyers are to blame. IDK-

With few exceptions, every one of those "crazy lawsuit payout" verdicts were delivered by a jury.

Anyone who is damaged wants their legal counsel to, at a minimum, get the offending party make them "whole" again and get proper restitution.

Beyond that, punitive damages, (meant to punish a defendant and dissuade them and others from repeating the same or similar behavior in the future) are also the result of jury verdicts.

If you want to lay blame, place it at the feet of juries who grant those "crazy lawsuit payouts"

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-25-2021).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2021 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

The dick head that killed your grandmother lives in China. Start there.

WTF ???????????? Where did that come from?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock