Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The 'What I'm Seeing Today' thread. (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The 'What I'm Seeing Today' thread. by maryjane
Started on: 04-21-2016 01:31 PM
Replies: 500 (10527 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 03-11-2024 11:05 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2019 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My livestock guardian cat keeping a watch on things from the high ground.

Also why I don't have bluebirds nesting any more..
IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2019 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefuly keeps the rodent population down as well.

Too bad a Beaver isn't really on the Cats menu.
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2019 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

There's a joke there, but this is a family forum.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2019 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Hopefuly keeps the rodent population down as well.

I've seen that same cat up a 80' pine tree robbing baby squirrels out of a nest. She has no fear....a feral cat that came around and I eventually got her tamed down to stay full time.......sleeps most of the day laid down right beside my dog on the front porch and hunts most of the night and in the early morning when the birds first start coming around.
Birds, mice & rats, little bunnies, frogs, toads, lizards, big insects, moths, butterflies, small serpents...she's a killing machine. Mostly for the fun of it.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2019 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Phoenix Blues Blast yesterday:

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2019 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are setting up for the Mecum auction at the stadium this week.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2019 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang!
A '58 Nomad!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2019 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Dang!
A '58 Nomad!

I'm pretty sure that is a Yeoman.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2019 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are correct, Nomads had 4 doors in 58.

Not a car that one sees very often.
BodymanBill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2019 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BodymanBillSend a Private Message to BodymanBillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw some kids recreating the old shoe print in the snow on the car and yellow snow in front effect. clasic!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2019 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice job boys...got it a mite hot don't ya think?
(I didn't do it....I was making the ice cream)

Today was my oldest sister's 79th birthday BBQ.

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2019 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

My livestock guardian cat keeping a watch on things from the high ground.

Also why I don't have bluebirds nesting any more..

Hahaha! That's awesome!!! Damn, that is a brave cat...

I don't have anything too exciting... but here's a city-boy with his daughter enjoying Texas...

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 03-24-2019).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2019 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

82-T/A [At Work]

22527 posts
Member since Aug 2002
… and we drove to the Grand Canyon... couldn't get very many good pictures because it was so cloudy, but this is one we got as the clouds began to clear for a few minutes...

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2019 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
St. Maries Idaho area...

Clyde getting settled in in his trailer that I am re purposing. We bike a lot and want the bring to dog. Figured that we would not make him run 20 plus miles.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-24-2019).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2019 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Hahaha! That's awesome!!! Damn, that is a brave cat...

I don't have anything too exciting... but here's a city-boy with his daughter enjoying Texas...

Permian Basin?
Looks like out around Levelland or Notrees.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2019 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks like out around Levelland or Notrees.

I had to look those names up, to see if you were just yanking somebody's chain.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2019 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some waterfowl pictures, which tells me spring is here for sure, as these guys only show up here every spring. (5th year straight now)
What's unusual is that they normally only show up as a single pair. This year, looks like a 3some.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2019 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's unusual is that they normally only show up as a single pair. This year, looks like a 3some.

There's going to be trouble, I just know it.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2019 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The things I get myself in to.....
5 hole Sag 3 spd to rebuild...

Note the main shaft input bearing has a cracked outer race....

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2019 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spray a little WD40 on it, put the lid back on and go to work.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2019 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That tine of year again...pretty large for a copperhead..
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2019 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Spray a little WD40 on it, put the lid back on and go to work.

No can do...this is a Sag 3 speed with reverse, from the 60s I suspect...it's a 5 bolt. I love it when people use junkyard stuff to make something useful...
Here's what it's out of:

Not the same one obviously, but close to the same design.
http://justacarguy.blogspot...lt-horse-walker.html

It's a horse exercise/walker.
(this one is built professionally and uses a pretty expensive gear reduction with a purpose built 3 forward/3 reverse speed transmission)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-23-2019).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2019 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have to walk them in both directions to keep them from getting dizzy?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2019 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the looks of that one, first and reverse were seldom used. I figured it was in something that got caught in the flooding that you had a while back.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 04-23-2019).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2019 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reverse is usually pretty fast. I suspect it was never run in anything but 1st.
It has a reversible electric motor and controller on it, so if they wanted to reverse travel direction, it would be done with the flip of a switch lever.

You gear heads should think about the differential... You can bet that wasn't a posi-trac rearend.
The term 'redneck locker' should come to mind.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2019 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just figured that the first gear and the spot where the first/reverse fork ride look more rust covered.
Yeah, I guess you'd have to weld the spiders.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2019 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The azhole builder of this thing gorilla welded the ujoint hub to the transmission output shaft..on the inside of the yoke as well as welding in a cobbled up pulley adapter & I have to get it all off to be able to change the rear seal and output bearing..
Hopefully he was a crappy welder and didn't get much penetration.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2019 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Graduation celebration for my nephew's youngest son was today.
About 40 of family and friends gathered to ply the lad with handshakes and envelopes full of cash, me included.
Don't know why my pictures all came out bluish tinted..
The last of the bugs...Purged and ready

OWW OWW IT'S HOT IT'S HOT!!! YOU'RE TURNING MY SKIN RED!!

and of course..

Nephew carving the smoked brisket..it was beyond perfect.

Had bbq chicken and smoked sausage as well..along with all kinds of sides and desserts.

Only downside..
We were in my nephew's shop, and he has a really nice big shop with a 20x20 covered and concrete slab area in the front of the shop where they did the cooking. Tho the drive thru doors were open and had 3-4 fans blowing, it was a sweat box in that shop for me and we were there from about 3pm until 9pm. I still do pretty good out working and moving around in the mid day and hot afternoons, but just sitting around in the humid heat isn't something I want to do anytime soon. Still, it was a good day!

When we got the invitation a couple weeks ago, and I saw the date, I had told all my family I would come on one condition. It was to be strictly a graduation celebration for the young man, and not a birthday party for me thrown in with it. I know them all too well. I've had 69 birthdays now and will probably have a few more (and if I don't, that's fine too) but that boy will graduate from high school only once in his life...this was his day.
dang that brisket was good...

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 06-02-2019).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2019 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks tasty, and happy birthday!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2019 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rode with my sister to take our older sister in today. It begins. 5 hrs on the drip.

Life is fine, tho sometimes rich in hardship.

Sister is a trooper. Ready for anything.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2019 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers and best wishes for you and yours.
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2019 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rode with my sister to take our older sister in today. It begins. 5 hrs on the drip.

Life is fine, tho sometimes rich in hardship.

Sister is a trooper. Ready for anything.

Yes, it certainly can be... but it's those hardships that make us appreciate more the good times. Hang in there MJ...
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2019 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We'll be ok regardless I suppose. Been thru this particular fire before.
I learned long ago to appreciate the difficult and hard times as well as the easy and good times.
You learn what you're really made of when the going gets tough.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2019 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whats been taking up most of my free time lately. The one I am holding is Tiny, and is one smart little pup. He already pee-pad trained himself at 6 weeks old.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2019 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw this beautiful '47 Poncho on yesterday's bicycle ride. That's the owner wearing the overalls. He told me that it had an LT1 and while going down the freeway, it just died. He figured it was a computer problem.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2019 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A nice shady spot to stop and take a cool drink of water. I got back home from my bike ride about an hour ago and it is now 115o outside.

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2019 04:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wife and I go out to a nice Polish restaurant for dinner yesterday and when we walk out this is parked next to my truck.

Lamborghini Aventador LP740-4 S Roadster.

That's approx. $310,000.00 USD of Italian magnificence.

While I was standing there gawking at it the owner of the restaurant came out and offered me a ride in it. It's his.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2019 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

BBQ, take out or dine-in. It's one of the more obvious components of the CEI or "convenience eating infrastructure" in the Greater St Louis area. This is the view towards the front door of one of Sugarfire Smokehouse BBQ's locations in and around the city of St Louis. In addition to the stock and trade of Midwest BBQ--pork ribs, brisket, pulled pork and chicken--there's smoked salmon on the menu, filling out the Sugarfire portfolio in much the same way as a Knuckle Curve or Vulcan Change Up complements the Fast Ball and Slider duopoly for almost every 2019 MLB pitcher worth his rosin bag.

This is the first (and so far, the only) photograph I have taken with my new iPhone 8.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2019 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know I am in a different situation than most folks on this board, but here's where I find myself today...

After the wettest June and July I remember, it has finally gotten hot and dry and pastures brown and crinkling underfoot. Of 254 counties in Texas, as of today, there are 172 counties under full burn bans, mine and the counties surrounding me included. Not supposed to even BBQ outside, but most still do. Absolutely NO open fires tho, even in a burn barrel for household trash.
Will probably increase next week, as some of the counties not under burn ban are in extreme South and West Texas as well as extreme East Texas counties (farther East than I am)

We've had this happen several times in the last few weeks, but nothing more than a few droplets came of them Took this picture about 2 hrs ago while I was in town..8 miles from home.....It moved on North right over me and not a drop fell...again, like I'm living under a hole in the sky.

I guess i shouldn't complain, all things considered.
Still got plenty of grass, but not much nutrients  in it for the cattle. Hopefully rain will come in Oct so I can get some winter ryegrass seed down. If it doesn't rain soon, I'll be feeding hay before Halloween... $$$$$$
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2019 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

A passenger jet contrail and an influx of cooler air combined to create a pastiche of variegated cloud types before sundown on Friday the Thirteenth (September 13) above the southwest quadrant of St Louis County, MO.

I only have a Single Source on this, but if that source is accurate, the incorporated area known as "Town and Country," where that iPhone photograph was snapped, is the wealthiest municipality on a per capita basis in the state of Missouri.

Town and Country, Chesterfield, Manchester, Ballwin... the area is a dyed-in-the-wool suburbanite's vision of paradise. Freeways that provide almost instant access by car to anything a suburbanite would likely want during the course of an average day. An endless panorama of newly or recently constructed roads, homes and commercial developments. "You can wander freely outside here without ever encountering actual dirt." That's how clean and spanking new it all looks. The Target store is a retailer's Taj Mahal.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 09-14-2019).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock