Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The 'What I'm Seeing Today' thread. (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The 'What I'm Seeing Today' thread. by maryjane
Started on: 04-21-2016 01:31 PM
Replies: 505 (10597 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 04-04-2024 09:44 AM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2022 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:
I am seeing the USA for the first time in 2.5 years. In Washington DC on my way to Knoxville, TN. Still good to be home.

If your itinerary includes Nashville, don't make the mistake of going to the Tennessee State Capitol Building to see the "notorious" bronze head (or "bust") of Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest. It's been moved to the Tennessee State Museum in Nashville.

IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2022 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Hell no. I've seen way too many movies with a machine like this, and they're all rated R.

If you knew what was hiding behind curtains 1, 2 and 3 of that triple disc Kuhn, you'd really stay far away from it..
The blades aren't very long but they run at a high rpm and lots of them. they are hell on little fawns and jack rabbits.

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2022 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

If you knew what was hiding behind curtains 1, 2 and 3 of that triple disc Kuhn, you'd really stay far away from it..
The blades aren't very long but they run at a high rpm and lots of them. they are hell on little fawns and jack rabbits.

It must be brutal.

I was watching an old episode of This Old House (since I paid the $80 whatever for the service for the year, hahaha)... and it was on Season 2, they had this wood chipper machine. Remember this is like 1980, and I guess it was still fairly new for people to use in a residential commercial setting.

Never the less, he demonstrated the tool for Bob Vila. As he fed the trees (maybe 2" or less in diameter) into the wood chipper... I couldn't believe how fast they were going. Those trees were shooting in there faster than anything I've ever seen. it would shred down a 20 foot tree in less than 2 seconds. I've never seen anything like this before in all my life.

I have to assume that since that time, OSHA's gotten involved, law-suits, etc... and they've reduced the speed down to half that. I've seen people use those shredders in the past 10-15 years, and they sure as hell don't go that fast now...
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2022 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Every morning I have to sweep deer poop off the pool apron

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-26-2022).]

williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2022 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this is an Ercoupe. I have seen it three or four times over the last couple of weeks.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2022 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
I think this is an Ercoupe. I have seen it three or four times over the last couple of weeks.

Nice little (or middling sized) read from Matt Blitz at Smithsonian Magazine includes a photo gallery:
https://www.smithsonianmag....-it-wasnt-180956769/

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-01-2022).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2022 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2022 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don, who's that old guy in your pool??!!! How'd he make it over your fence?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2022 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Much better than floating in your old backyard as the water sinks your shed and creeps up to your doorstep!!!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2022 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Much better than floating in your old backyard as the water sinks your shed and creeps up to your doorstep!!!

Someone asked me a couple of weeks ago if I found it strange to walk out the back door and see the morning sun glistening on water.

I said "Naw, I've seen it before. This ain't **** "
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2022 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Every morning I have to sweep human poop off the pool apron
PFF
System Bot
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2022 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Built Ford tough?
Severe storm this afternoon.
I called my buddy at his body shop to see if I could borrow his buffer tomorrow.

A_Lonely_Potato

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2022 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_Lonely_PotatoSend a Private Message to A_Lonely_PotatoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Funny, thats eerily similar to what happened to me a couple years ago. There is a drain pipe from the pond on my family's property that runs maybe 400-500yds to the nearby lake as a runoff. Unbeknownst to us, this pipe wound up clogging. The water level of the pond kept rising slowly, eventually overtaking the entirety of the yard in 15" of water! This included the garage, shop, and 2 other basement rooms. It wasn't as bad during the winter since we could walk across our new body of water, which was large enough to legally classify as a lake. When the ice melted we had to walk a couple hundred yards through the woods around the lawn-lake. During that winter, in our efforts to locate the pipe, i had to break through 9" of ice several times with our pickaxe. In the spring my dad and i rented an electric eel to shove down the drain in hopes of unclogging it. This was a bit of a last effort, as we wound up buying a little kubota 250bx and digging up the lake end of the drain, hoping to find a blockage of some sort on that end. I'm leaving out a LOT of details that i plainly dont feel like typing up haha. The electric eel did wind up working though. My dad was ready to give up and pull it back when i said the ol' adage about stopping 6" before buried treasure, we gave it the last little bit of line, heard a "cla-chunk" and then a sound oddly similar to a bathtub draining. We ran down to the lake end, to see hundreds of gallons of quite startlingly clear water. Then a massive clot of what felt like a finely woven fabric that was really roots blew out. It exceeded 30ft in length, and altogether 80lbs in weight. We put a series of filters in the way of the drain after that....

In a bit ill see if i can find some of the pictures
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2022 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OldsFiero:

Built Ford tough?
Severe storm this afternoon.
I called my buddy at his body shop to see if I could borrow his buffer tomorrow.

Proving once again, that
Trees are NOT your friend!

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-05-2022).]

OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2022 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This time I agree. It was one of two remaining hybrid poplars that my neighbor and I planted years ago. Not really good for firewood or lumber.

Could have been worse. It only damaged the hood, right fender and one plow light - nothing under the hood. We were able to remove it without more damage.
I was going the replace the nose next year anyway, so that I no longer have to look at all the hail dents on it that it received when it lived in Colorado before I bought it 12 years ago.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2022 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2022 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It only damaged the hood, right fender and one plow light...

Wow, would've been a different story if it had landed two or three feet further back!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-05-2022).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-05-2022 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Nice little (or middling sized) read from Matt Blitz at Smithsonian Magazine includes a photo gallery:
https://www.smithsonianmag....-it-wasnt-180956769/

There used to be 2 of them at CYQS. Neat little plane, but ya would never catch me in it.

Problem is it WILL stall, anything will stall given the right conditions, even a bird. And if one wing goes before the other you got that spin.....

And ya got no rudder to get you out of it.
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2022 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Wow, would've been a different story if it had landed two or three feet further back!

Yeah, the donor truck that was given to me is an extended cab.
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2022 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who says you will be bored in retirement? I'm just now making venison sausage from last years take. Thank God for vacuum packers, still good.

Marc
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2022 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rain missed us but we got the rainbow.

The end of the rainbow was on Ft Hood.

This one lasted longer than any I've ever seen. Nearly an hour.
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-21-2022 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just what kind of town did I move to ????

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2022 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was sitting on a bench by the river bottom, eating an orange and noticed I was not alone. As I was focusing in, a poor hapless flea wandered by. If you look closely you can see the flea in the jaws of the spider. I swear it was screaming, "Help me! Help me!"

I decided we would both be better off enjoying our snack on separate benches.

I have no idea what kind of spider it is, but the holes in the bench are about 1/2" in diameter.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2022 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With all the long-concealed things that are emerging from drought-stricken rivers and lakes around the world, I just had an epiphany of what could be next:

Click to show

Back to your regularly scheduled program.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2022 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I'm seeing? Rain. Lots of it.

But it's all good. Our mud was getting dehydrated.
On the other hand, the dogs are starting to mildew.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2022 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

On the other hand, the dogs are starting to mildew.

Heh heh... that comment reminded me of a true fact regarding sloths. Their fur is green due to algae growing in it!

OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2022 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drove to Syracuse last night to see Scotty McCreery and Brad Paisley concert at the amphitheater. We had pretty good seats. Good show.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2022 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suppose when no one else down line needs 3 phase and a leaning lateral line pole can be held up with a piece of extra nylon strap........

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2022 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2022 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Needed some shampoo and bodywash.

Shopping “for the basics” in NYC in 2022- almost every item is locked away behind plastic. You press a button and an announcement is made and a person will come and unlock it for you.

They can’t follow along and open multiple ones because they only have a few of the keys.

Seen some videos of CA stores, they have turned off the doorway scanners and don’t stop shoplifters.

It’s been like this here for awhile.

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 09-28-2022).]

OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2022 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am so glad I don't have to deal with that.
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2022 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am so glad I don't have to deal with that.

Some days are better than others. It's been raining here lately, but a 'new arrival' brightened up my son's day:

What was it? Well, he starts Driver's Ed soon, so we got him this:

I think he's happy. Seein' him happy makes my day.

Its nice to have a Fiero in the driveway again.

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 10-05-2022).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2022 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

12453 posts
Member since Jan 2012
looking back... what a difference a few years makes...

2014 vs 2022

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 10-05-2022).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2022 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Very nice.
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2022 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My favorite time of year. Frost on the pumpkin, the leaves, they are a changin' , not so danged hot. Winter is still a ways off, still gittin' stuff out of the garden and canning.
Got a couple quick pics coming off the hill this AM.

Marc
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2022 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My favorite time of year. Frost on the pumpkin, the leaves, they are a changin' , not so danged hot. Winter is still a ways off, still gittin' stuff out of the garden and canning.
Got a couple quick pics coming off the hill this AM.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Marc

I love the way the fog settles in to the valley.
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2022 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Little ol' Franklin makes national TV for the 2nd time for something besides the flood of 06. My wife saw this this morning while I was afield and recorded it so I could see it later.
I took a couple of pics of the screen.
Yeah, I know I need a life.
I see now it says Monday, so they must have aired it more than once. I don't the guy who submitted it.

[This message has been edited by OldsFiero (edited 10-11-2022).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2022 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw this just a little while ago, out by the Glendale airport.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2023 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big doins' over at the stadium, something about a football game.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2023 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wagyu sirloin steak.

Had to take a phone call and over cooked it a little but was still great.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock