Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The 'What I'm Seeing Today' thread. (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The 'What I'm Seeing Today' thread. by maryjane
Started on: 04-21-2016 01:31 PM
Replies: 505 (10629 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 04-04-2024 09:44 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2023 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No pictures yet but I spent 42 minutes yesterday inside what was by far the loudest MRI I've been in (and I've been in quite a few. Worst part, they put a set of headphones on me, playing the worst 'country' music imaginable. When they got me out I told the girl "Yall really need to update your music library. I'm old but that really sucked. Not every old person likes to hear that Appalachian hill hollerin..."
IP: Logged
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2023 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a crapload of fancy jets sitting over at the Glendale airport right now. Don't tell Greta, but I thing something is going on.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2023 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patient Name: Yxxx,
DONALD
Patient Viewable Radiology
ACCESSION EXAM DATE/TIME PROCEDURE ORDERING
PROVIDER
STATUS PATIENT AGE AT
EXAM 72

MR-23-0004269 1/23/2023 13:53
CST
MR Spine Lumbar

WO Cont
Pxxxxxxxx MD,

Auth (Verified) 72 years
CPT code 72148

Reason For Exam
(MR Spine Lumbar WO Cont) Radiculopathy, site unspecified M54.10

EXAM: MR SPINE LUMBAR WO CONT

REASON FOR EXAM: RADICULOPATHY, SITE UNSPECIFIED M54.10

COMPARISON: None.

FINDINGS:
There is grade 1 anterolisthesis at L5-S1 measuring 9 mm. Suspected L5 pars defects. Partial osseous fusion
of the L5-S1 disc space.
There is otherwise mild multilevel disc degeneration with loss of disc space height and T2 signal.
The vertebral body heights are maintained. The marrow signal intensity is normal. There is no evidence of acute fracture.

The conus terminates at the L1 level and is normal in morphology.

Cholelithiasis within the visualized gallbladder. The extraspinal soft tissues otherwise demonstrate no significant findings.

T12-L1: Small diffuse disc bulge. No central canal or foraminal stenosis.

L1-L2: Mild bilateral facet degeneration and small diffuse disc bulge. No central canal or foraminal stenosis.

L2-L3: There is moderate right and moderate left facet degeneration with thickening of ligamentum flavum. Diffuse disc
bulge. Mild central canal narrowing with AP canal diameter of 10 mm. There is mild left-sided foraminal stenosis. No
significant right foraminal stenosis.

L3-L4: Mild bilateral facet degeneration with thickening of the ligament of flavum. Diffuse disc bulge which is asymmetric to
the right. Minimal narrowing of the right neural foramen. No significant left foraminal stenosis. There is mild central canal
narrowing with AP canal diameter of 9 mm, with preferential narrowing of the right lateral recess.

L4-L5: Mild bilateral facet degeneration. Diffuse disc bulge osteophyte complex which is asymmetric to the right. There is
mild narrowing of the right neural foramen. No significant left foraminal stenosis. No significant central canal stenosis.
Interspinous abutment and degeneration is visualized posteriorly.

L5-S1: Grade 1 anterolisthesis as noted above. Mild bilateral facet degeneration. Uncovering of the posterior disc with a
small diffuse disc bulge osteophyte complex. Moderate bilateral foraminal stenosis. No significant central canal stenosis.

IMPRESSION:
1. Grade 1 anterolisthesis at L5-S1 with suspected L5 pars defects. Partial osseous fusion of the L5-S1 disc space.
2. Additional multilevel degenerative changes as described in detail above.
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2023 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I'm not seeing.

The landscape due to the Canadian wildfires.

Marc
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2023 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OldsFiero:

What I'm not seeing... The landscape due to the Canadian wildfires.

Sorry, man. Believe me, we're not happy about it either.
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2023 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining. Our concern is for our Canadian neighbors. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

It does make for interesting pictures though.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2023 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
None of that haze here in Central Texas. But, "red sky in morning, sailor take warning" comes to mind

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2023 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OldsFiero:

I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining. Our concern is for our Canadian neighbors.

Hey, I'd completely understand if you were complaining!

Wildfires on the west cost of North America have been a huge problem in the last half-dozen or so years. It didn't used to be this way. Something has changed.

And now it appears that these wildfires are occurring all across Canada. This is a very serious problem... not just for those unfortunate people whose houses are in the way of the flames, but also for the millions of people downwind who are forced to breathe this heavily contaminated smoke.

Living right on west coast, you'd think our air here in Vancouver would be fine, blowing in from the vast Pacific Ocean. But wind currents very seldom blow in a straight line from point A to point B. It's more of a gigantic swirl. So we often get smoke blown here from wildfires in the northern or eastern parts of the province... and yes, from Washington State and Oregon in the south. There appears to be no escape for anyone from this humongous problem.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-11-2023 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, there IS an escape, it just not a very attractive option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVSmiDJB-PI
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2023 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw this on the way to work the udder day

If you cant spell marijuana, you def shouldnt be smokin it lol

drugs r bad, mkay

shem
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2023 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

There appears to be no escape for anyone from this humongous problem.

"It's the unhealthiest thing to come out of Canada since poutine."

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took the pics yesterday after racing around the outside of a big gro store parking lot to catch up and intercept this car...
It takes me back a few decades... to a time when artificial trees were rare and the few there were, were silver and shiny. Everyone that had no pickup truck, went to a Christmas tree lot (or the woods) and brought their tree home on top of the car.
This one, got his tree from in front of H-E-B grocery store.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I love to see old equipment still doing what it was meant to do.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am a "Day late and (more than) a dollar short" but back in Sept 2020 we had a large number of fires burning in CA- and the smoke swept into the Bay area....so we had orange skys- it looked like "The end of the world" and afterwards I saw a pic of the Bay Bridge- grabbed it and modified it with a "Terror-Dactyl".....

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 12-04-2023).]

OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2023 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We got some wet, heavy snow from this system. I wasn't going to bother with it, but when my son got home from plowing at the school he decided to play on his old MF 10 tractor that made into a 4 wheel drive. The little bugger does pretty good.

The house is powered by Generac today

Merry Christmas every one!
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2024 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A fellow picked a street rod trans today and this was one of the bills he gave me.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2024 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2024 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

just a fraction of a milliamp higher

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-06-2024).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2024 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took a ride over to the next town (Lampasas Tx) a couple of days ago and drove by their little (tiny) <100 acre/4000ft long runway airport. Gate was locked but I pulled up and took some pictures.

I was told in town, that this one was there but I didn't see it.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2024 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like the N3N is in Idaho.

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/N45261

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-10-2024).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2024 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess that would explain why I didn't see it. I have pretty good eyesight (glasses) but can't quite see all the way to Idaho.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Diggin up bones...
I was 11 when this was taken (1961) The house I grew up in with my dad's auto shop in the back of it. The only vehicles that weren't customer's are on the far left. Taken with a Brownie camera. I'm sitting in the back of dad's f-100 with my cousins.
Other than the vehicles and the less than modern look of the place, what's unusual about it?

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The first thing that strikes me is that with the false front and hay loft, it doesn't look like a house, but that is probably not what you are looking for.

On a side note, my first pickup was a '57 Ford with a 272 Y-block. I drove it twice and someone offered me $250, which was more than I paid, so I sold it.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a hay loft. Slatted ventilation opening. (I dunno what the shiny thing is up there...something on the camera lens maybe.)

The house/building was a fore runner of today's barndominiums. A long building (length 3x it's width) that was Built sometime in the late 30s/early 40s, front 1/2 of the building was completely finished out 3 bedroom 1 bath house by the time we moved there when I was around 7. The loft only extended into or above the living quarters, with the shop open to the roof.
The back part was the shop. Might not look like it, but you could fit 7 vehicles in there. It had lots of big (BIG) power tools in it before my dad bought it in 1957. There were short concrete pedestals in different areas of the floor along walls, with threaded rods coming out of them, and other places, square holes in the concrete floor about 14" X14" and I guess around 4" deep. Large diameter electric cables were sticking out those openings. Someone said the place was originally all shop and electric distribution panels were build there for the military, then hat guy died and someone else bought it, finished out the front and put in a big cabinet shop. He died not long afterwards and my dad bought it. The very front left of the house was a big kitchen and in the front left of that kitchen was where the fuse box/breaker box was for the whole building.
The unusual part I asked about is the lead in cables for the electricity. There are 4 of them 3 phase.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-03-2024).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2024 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
The unusual part I asked about is the lead in cables for the electricity. There are 4 of them 3 phase.

I see that, now that you called them out. But I never would have guessed.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2024 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I see that, now that you called them out. But I never would have guessed.

Radar, you might understand this..
The building is long gone now, as my brother inherited the property in 2008, had the whole thing torn down, remains hauled away and sold the lot. At the time the picture was taken, almost right across the street was a brand new building that was The Phone Company. Southwestern Bell back then but it's something called Frontier Communications now. Not an office where ya paid your bill, but The Phone Company, where the mysterious workings that made your calls go thru was located. Just a big building, with a walk in front door and a few employees (2-3) and when there wasn't much traffic and especially if they had the door open, you could hear a constant 'clack-clack clack clack clack clack ' that never ended tho it did slow down late at night. I guess I was about 13 when I saw the door open and a couple of men standing around outside and I walked over and asked what they did and they said "we take care of the machines inside there" I asked if I could look inside. One of them said "Yeah, I guess but just for a minute , And DON'T TOUCH NOTHING!" I had never seen anything like it. It was just row after row after row of tall busy machines and you could see all the parts just moving back and forth and up and down. It was loud too, and I was amazed and my eyes probably got big as saucers. We quickly went back out, and I asked him what all that was and he explained it was where our calls went thru and got directed to whoever we called. I never looked at a telephone the same way again.

The empty lot and phone company building opposite.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-04-2024).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock