Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  WANTED: Looking for a set of these headlamp assemblies.........

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
WANTED: Looking for a set of these headlamp assemblies......... by Thunderstruck GT
Started on: 02-24-2016 09:15 AM
Replies: 12 (420 views)
Last post by: Rare87GT on 03-01-2016 10:07 AM
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2016 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for a set of these for my Pro-Street car.........

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2016 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those may be the Kris Munson variety. After he died, they became a rarity. There were 2 other attempts I'm aware of, but I don't know what became of them. There was part of a set available recently.

Be aware that some versions of these lights had sagging and UV issues.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2016 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2016 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

These can be found ... but the Kris Munson are like hens teeth !!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/071292.html

Yeah, I've seen them. I'm not crazy for the Bull Frog look. Thanks though.
Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2016 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These aren't exactly what you are asking for but they are in the same ballpark. I bought a set of these last year and I love them. I have blue halos on mine too and it looks very nice
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2016 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Riddick85:

These aren't exactly what you are asking for but they are in the same ballpark. I bought a set of these last year and I love them. I have blue halos on mine too and it looks very nice

Photo?
Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2016 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
O wow didn't add the link. Sorry about that.

http://embraceracing.com/flushmounts.php
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2016 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I remember, Jimmy from Fierofiberglass acquired the molds for the headlight buckets when Kris Munson passed away. He does not list them on his website nor make the clear lens covers. You can PM him to see if he still has the molds.

Or you can make your own assembly from aluminum and lenses from Lexan using this template from Arn:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...041015-2-051552.html

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 02-25-2016).]

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2016 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

From what I remember, Jimmy from Fierofiberglass acquired the molds for the headlight buckets when Kris Munson passed away. He does not list them on his website nor make the clear lens covers. You can PM him to see if he still has the molds.

Or you can make your own assembly from aluminum and lenses from Lexan using this template from Arn:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...041015-2-051552.html

Are these the originals?

If so, it looks like the headlamp housing mounts to the radiator support. Is that right?

If so, I thought they mounted to the hood itself.

If I can't locate a set, your post will definitely give me something to go on.

THANKS!
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2016 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Are these the originals?

If so, it looks like the headlamp housing mounts to the radiator support. Is that right?

If so, I thought they mounted to the hood itself.

If I can't locate a set, your post will definitely give me something to go on.

THANKS!

The original bucket molds were with Jimmy at Fierofiberglass. The link I posted is an option if he no longer makes them. You can PM Jimmy or email him from his Fierofiberglass website.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2016 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

The original bucket molds were with Jimmy at Fierofiberglass. The link I posted is an option if he no longer makes them. You can PM Jimmy or email him from his Fierofiberglass website.

Okay, now I understand. So the originals were an actual complete enclosed housing?
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2016 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Okay, now I understand. So the originals were an actual complete enclosed housing?

This is from Clems car. Keep in mind he ordered the HID kit and had the Pegasus logo painted on. Normally they are just raw fiberglass:

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have tried and tried for the last couple of years to get my hands on just an extra set of Good condition lexan covers. Hard to find. I'd be very interested if someone could re-create Munson's kit and the clear lenses. I think it is a very clean look. Not knocking doublec4's look at all as it's a very classy piece, just not my exact cup of tea for my car and the way it's setup. I know it's gotta be easier to make than doublec4's kit, but maybe I'm wrong. I think there is still a huge market for the flush headlights out there and someone could make a little decent side cash investing time to do it.

Here is my car with them:

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay