Custom Door Panel Covers by Russ88TTop
Started on: 04-15-2012 02:34 PM
Replies: 178 (12401 views)
Last post by: Internet-man on 10-30-2018 01:25 PM
Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of members have asked if I can make a custom door panel cover. Here are pics of the one just finished. I did it in Black Carbon Fiber Vinyl and added pleats so it's not so plain. I can change the pattern and thread color to your order. I have several other colors available for the C/F and dozens of Vinly and cloth options as well.

The cover is actually glued to a backing, so all you have to do is remove the door panel, take off the carpet and install the new cover.

I am offering these at an intro price of $65 for a pair for a limited time

Thanks for looking, and as always, comments and suggestions are welcome

Russ

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oosky

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in a carpet or cloth cover for my door panels, what are your options for that? would it work with the stock map pockets? thanks!

------------------
your Fiero loves you!!! <3

Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oosky - I have many options for both carpet and cloth, just let me know what your interested in.
They will work with the stock armrests, door pockets and window crank. I just cut out the necessary holes on the back panel when they are ordered.
Thanks for your interest and questions

Russ

------------------

Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok cool! do you have pics of any black or grey cloth you would use for that? I basically just want to replace my carpet on the door panels with new stuff so it doesnt look so frizzy and old lol I was thinking of any shade of grey or even a very dark grey, almost black....might be a cool contrast with the stock grey in my interior

thanks!
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im also interested in a black carpet door panel...

------------------

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087461.html

Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oosky - I try to get you some pics tomorrow
JCircs - I have two types of Carpet available- Loop style and cut pile

Russ

------------------

Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sounds good, thanks I'm getting new floor carpet , seats, headliner, etc. in my fiero so I just want to make sure it all matches atleast somewhat
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dig the pleated covers. Got anything for beechwood interior?
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
↑↑ What RPO said.
Those look good Russ.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where can I find pics and pricing of carpet.?
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the door panels a lot! Do you have any up close pictures of the carbon fiber and/or carpet? And also do you have a way to install the manual door window hole for people with the ol' manual windows still? Please let me know as I really like how these look and I'm interested in a set.

Thanks,
Amir

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 2000 L67 Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.0@118mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)
New Engine on the Road again! FTW Motorsports style!
312rwhp/332rwtq

My CarDomain Site

PFF
System Bot
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
new upgrade for you Fiero interior!

Be the first few people and receive the introductory price!

as with all new roll outs the early bird catches the worm, in this case you catch
a few presidents staying on your side.
Raven88

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Raven88Send a Private Message to Raven88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look sweet, can ya do it in red carbon fiber for the same price? Pleats and all
Forgot I have manual windows in my 88 so I need some sort of provisions for that.
------------------
Gary W. Patterson
Raven88
88 Fiero
86 Fiero GT

[This message has been edited by Raven88 (edited 04-17-2012).]

Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oosky - pics of some Black material's, just a small sample
Plain - has a Velour look

A little pattern in this one

Many colors in Tweed

rpro - I have a vinyl real close to the Beechwood Armrest color

Mike - Thanks, much appreciated

JCirus - You have a PM

Rare87 - Close up of C/F - I will cut out the hole's on the backing material for the window crank, door pockets and armrests - I'm not sure about the fit for the window crank as I add about 1/4 of material, I'm checking on that

Raven - Can do - pic of the Red C/F

Russ

------------------

Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet!! I'll be getting new carpet from Mr Mikes/Automotive Interiors, do you have carpet that would match theirs? just to make sure I'm not going to have mismatched door panels and floors lol
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
marc-alan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marc-alanSend a Private Message to marc-alanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work!
FieroUte

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroUteSend a Private Message to FieroUteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't see pics could you email them to me? Tylergwhitaker@yahoo.com.
FieroUte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroUteSend a Private Message to FieroUteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroUte

172 posts
Member since Aug 2011
Finally got pics to load do you have dark grey vinyl that'd match the color of the test door panel in your first pics?
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Russ,

I like the pleated look, but can it be done in beechwood? Also, is it possible for the pleats to run horizontal as opposed to vertical?
PFF
System Bot
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tim - Thanks

FieroUte - I have access to a grey that is a match to the Grey

rpro - I have a beechwood that matches the armrest and since I do the sewing, I can run the pleats either way

Russ

------------------

Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2012 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you don't happen to make custom floor mats do you? I can't seem to find any anywhere that I like...lol
BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2012 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you have a pair in the 88 tan? Sorry very long day at work so far and can't remember the specific color name.
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oosky - not yet on the floor mats, but I may look into it
Bobby D - All are made to order, so I can make you a pair

Russ

------------------

Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
okay. when do you think you'd be ready to make floor mats? or are they just an idea for the future? lol they can always wait until later I guess, I'm getting new carpet now though, and I was hoping to get purple carpet floor mats with a somewhat large fiero logo embroidered on them. so I will keep you in mind if I decide to wait with floor mats thanks!
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any chance of a blue c/f look panel for sale?

Greg

------------------

Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oosky - I do have access to Purple carpet, mats maybe sooner than later

FieroGT - I can get two Blue's in the C/F - Powder Blue and Royal Blue and you have a PM

Russ

------------------

Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awesome! how much would you charge for purple floor mats, and can you get the Fiero logo embroidered on them?
3084me

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3084meSend a Private Message to 3084meEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Russ88TTop,

Nice work.

I had a question. I have a 308 replica so I've modified my door panels to use a "longer" armrest. The bottom portion is still pretty much the same as the custom covers you make (although some is covered by my longer arm rests).

My question is this:

Can you "run the pleats" on an angle (I would give the the measurements of course) instead of vertical?

I'd have to pull out my door panels and check. I have a mock up set that I'm working with. Just wanted to ask.

thanks,
Brian

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Russ, You just about have me sold, but one more question.....

Is this cover going to protrude beyond the surface of the upper section due to it's increased thickness?
PFF
System Bot
Carswell...Wellscar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carswell...WellscarSend a Private Message to Carswell...WellscarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats your idea for the whole door skin cover??
Or is that a secret
thanks!
Matt
And looks great
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brian - I build all of them to order, so the pleats can be what you want, when your ready just PM or email what your looking for and I'll let you know

rpro - I did the sample with 3/16"backing, the final product has 1/8' and should br flush with the top

Matt- Thanks - no secret, just haven't got to it yet, however one suggestion was to do the raised lettering like the trunk covers

Thanks for everybody's comments and suggestions

Russ

------------------

DandRauto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DandRautoSend a Private Message to DandRautoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM SENT
3084me

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3084meSend a Private Message to 3084meEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Russ,

PM sent
ProjectPb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ProjectPbSend a Private Message to ProjectPbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how abut a carbon fiber dash cover just a thought. just to cover the top area where the speakers and defrost vent are.
Raven88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Raven88Send a Private Message to Raven88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Parts look great Russ, can't wait to get them on the doors.

+ for you, left feedback

------------------
Gary W. Patterson
Raven88
88 Fiero
86 Fiero GT

seegeer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seegeerSend a Private Message to seegeerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm'ed ya, thanks
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like to order two door panel sets one in medium (Steel) gray and the other in the red that you show if its still at the intro prices. Also have decided on the trunk cover. I'll just go with a plain black GT cover.
Re-confirm total price to me on the above email link and we will get this moving.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

marc-alan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marc-alanSend a Private Message to marc-alanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Russ, the carpet panels look great. When I get them installed I will get you a picture. Thanks again,

marc-alan
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock