Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Haus of Guru: Brake upgrade kit for 84-87 Fieros (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Haus of Guru: Brake upgrade kit for 84-87 Fieros by bmwguru
Started on: 11-10-2011 11:45 AM
Replies: 292 (15097 views)
Last post by: IXSLR8 on 11-26-2017 12:29 PM
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2012 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave are there any sets not spoken for?
IP: Logged
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2012 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave, any progress on a parking brake solution?
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure if the sets are all sold....I ordered a few extra sets when I placed the order. I will know exactly once they arrive....there was a +/- 4 with the order.

As for the parking brake, I am pretty sure that whatever the Lebaron kit uses should work for these. I have located a place online that makes custom parking brake cables.
I am very busy and barely have any spare time for myself, so if anyone decides they want to make the cables for my kits, feel free.

Dave
thismanyfieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok let me know when they show up Dave I will be interested in a set..Thanks!!!
Fiero Owner Wannabe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Owner WannabeClick Here to visit Fiero Owner Wannabe's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero Owner WannabeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave,
If you have a set of front and rears I would like them for my sons car, (new driver needs as much brake as possible Im thinking.) If you dont have enough in the second batch and plan on a third batch count me in.
Thanks for the work, Awsome thread!
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bracket bases arrived today. Give us about a week to weld them up and get them shipped out.

Dave
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bmwguru

4692 posts
Member since Sep 2006
There appears to be 4 extra front sets and 6 extra rear sets available....

thismanyfieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dave I will take a set of the fronts..pm sent for shipping costs and total!!
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2012 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

There appears to be 4 extra front sets and 6 extra rear sets available....

so, Let me see if I have this correct..

to use these
I need 1988 vette rotors..front and rear
1988 fiero clappers (rear the sides are swaped)
hardware for the rears(is this for the bracket mount)
an no fix for the e brake,currently
need at least 16" rims..
do you need to upgrade the booster/master?
thanks..
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
so, Let me see if I have this correct..

to use these
I need 1988 vette rotors..front and rear
1988 fiero clappers (rear the sides are swaped)
hardware for the rears(is this for the bracket mount)
an no fix for the e brake,currently
need at least 16" rims..
do you need to upgrade the booster/master?
thanks..

That all is correct. I hope to be able to find some time to work up a parking brake solution, but we have been working our butts off as is. If anyone wants to jump on this, I am ok with that. I can provide info for the place that makes custom length cables at good prices.
There is no need to upgrade the master because the calipers are 88 stock.
There is no hardware (bolts) for the rear due to the fact that I rethreaded mine from 11mm to 7/16" and used short bolts.
I have been trying to find time to post a "how to", but we have an average of 10 german cars a day in our shop and only two of us....and Fieros on the side.
Dave
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am shipping out a few of the completed kits today. We should have them all out in the mail by mid next week.

Dave
PFF
System Bot
Fastback-Ish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2012 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback-IshSend a Private Message to Fastback-IshEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ahhhhhhh yeaaaaahhhhh !!!!! I'v been waiting for those words to show up

------------------
notice member, can not use suggested signature.... IT WAS TOOOO AWESOME!!!

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2012 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, sorry for the delay. It sucks TIG welding in 98 degree weather with no a/c.
IXSLR8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IXSLR8Send a Private Message to IXSLR8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Dave,

Just sent you a Paypal payment for a front and rear set of adapters.

Thank you.
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all kits that have been paid for have been shipped. Please remember to use loctite on the front and rear bracket bolts.

Dave
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

all kits that have been paid for have been shipped. Please remember to use loctite on the front and rear bracket bolts.

Dave

Yea, I didn't and one bracket of mine loosened up, luckily I noticed it very early on.
Fastback-Ish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback-IshSend a Private Message to Fastback-IshEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received mine yesterday they look great and i cant wait to install these bad boys
marc-alan

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marc-alanSend a Private Message to marc-alanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dave, sent you a pm
thismanyfieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brackets came yesterday.. Thanks again dave!!
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2012 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My kit is very similiar to Fiero Addiction's kit....which he no longer makes.
Here is the link to his install:
http://www.fieroaddiction.com/8712_r3.html

The only two things I noticed that he didn't say are: notch the rear ball boint support to clear the rotor. Also, you may need to unbolt the caliper halves slightly to fit the pads and then tighten them up so the slides of the caliper seat correctly. That is typical of 88 calipers from my experience on even stock brakes.

Remember to use loctite on the bolts. I didn't include rear bolts because they are 11mm and that size is very hard to find. I ran a 7/16 x 14 tap though those holes and used 7/16 bolts and haven't had an issue.

I have two rear kits and concentric rings left. I honestly don't have the time to run off any new sets at the moment due to Ryan and I needing a break. 14 hour workdays in 90 degree heat takes a toll on you. My weekends I am still up at 4:30am and have lots to do.

Dave
1987GTA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1987GTASend a Private Message to 1987GTAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in a front and rear set. Let me know when you are ready.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Tom

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2012 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am also ready to purchase a front and rear set. Please let the community know when these will be available again.

Has anyone tried the adapters using 4 front calipers?
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2012 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm out of stock for now. I have one rear kit left. Yes it is possibl to use front calipers in the rear, but there would be no parking brake. We have done that on a car that didn't require one.

I plan to work with the parking brake cable issue very soon before I run off any more kits.

Dave
FieroNate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2012 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroNateClick Here to visit FieroNate's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroNateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any idea if I can use Vette Calipers on the 87 Front? C4 &C5 stuff seems like a good option.
zi_gravedigger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zi_gravediggerSend a Private Message to zi_gravediggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in a complete set - just let me know when you have time to run another batch! Also, I believe another brake swap used a Pontiac 6000 drivers side ebrake cable... Not sure what your solution was/is for this kit, just thought it might be worth mentioning...
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm out of stock for now. I have one rear kit left. Yes it is possibl to use front calipers in the rear, but there would be no parking brake. We have done that on a car that didn't require one.

I plan to work with the parking brake cable issue very soon before I run off any more kits.

Dave

Will you be making any changes to the Rear Brackets to help with the parking Brake?
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No. The brackets are the same design as Fieroaddiction's and I don't see a reason to change the design. I'm not sure what he used for a parking brake, but it might be as simple as drilling another hole on the cradle to move the cable closer. I still haven't had time to play around with my car in the shop, but hopefully soon.

Dave
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2012 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like the bulk of the expense for this upgrade will be in the purchase of the '88 calipers, is there a good and inexpensive source for these?
CaptDean

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2012 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaptDeanSend a Private Message to CaptDeanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave... PM SENT
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2012 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you sell just the brackets ... I dont need the consentric rings... just the front and rear brackets

THX

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

BlownFiero86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlownFiero86Send a Private Message to BlownFiero86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 04:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is where I stand right now. I have one rear kit left. I can run off another batch, but probably not until after Christmas. I'm cranking out the last swap in the Haus right now and planning on taking a week off at Christmas because I am severely burned out.
Dave
johntosi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2012 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johntosiSend a Private Message to johntosiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dear Dave, I am in for a complete kit whenever you cool off!!! I have an 87 GT. I really appreciate the great service you are providing to us lonely souls needing this bracket set. John

BlownFiero86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2012 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlownFiero86Send a Private Message to BlownFiero86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to have a front set for my 86. Thanks, Ben
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2012 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are finishing up our vacation and then I plan to work out the parking brake...if there is enough interest, I will run off another set.
Dave
Twinn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2012 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TwinnSend a Private Message to TwinnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2012 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to any progress with a solution for the parking brake. I already installed the fronts, but have delayed on the rear because I do not want to lose my parking brake, and had not had time to find a cable or solution to make the parking brake work. My resolution for next year is to complete the few nagging Fiero projects that I'd put off for the past several months - this being one of them.

We are finishing up our vacation and then I plan to work out the parking brake...if there is enough interest, I will run off another set.
Dave

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2012 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok since there is interest, I will price out the aluminum sets vs the steel sets and see what I can work out for the same price.

I have my gold GT at the shop until I get the parking brake resolved. That is my motivation to spend a few hours after work because the car is in the way and I want to take it home and store it for the winter.

I know that this week I am jammed in the shop, but if I can sneak an hour or two in the evening, I'll do it.

Dave
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please add me to the list for a set for both front and back. PM me when you are ready!

BlownFiero86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2013 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlownFiero86Send a Private Message to BlownFiero86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for a front set, Just PM me when ready.

------------------
86GT, 3800SC, F23, true duals, 3.4 pulley, comp VS cam, zzp power log, WCF air intake, ARP bolts, comp lifters and push rods, 90# springs, SI stainless valves, aero-force scantech meter.
Here is my build thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/122548.html

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock