Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  DIGITAL GAUGE KITS CUSTOM BUILT FOR FIERO'S FOR SALE (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
DIGITAL GAUGE KITS CUSTOM BUILT FOR FIERO'S FOR SALE by TBSB9595
Started on: 11-10-2006 04:28 PM
Replies: 338 (31313 views)
Last post by: TBSB9595 on 05-17-2018 10:20 AM
TBSB9595

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NOW AVAILABLE IN BLUE or GREEN! SEE THE PICS BELOW.

Everthing you see in the above picture is included (GT version shown).

Here in an example of the full Gauge kit in blue except that the gauge below the tach doesn't show up.

Here in an example of the Tach in blue with optional outside air temp gauge.

Sorry some of the pics are a bit blurry or have some glare but it is hard to get a good pic of them

Check out my my web sight at: www.tomsdigitalelectronics.com

If you would like to place an order you can use "buy it now" on my website here:
Buy them here: http://www.tomsdigitalelect...ing_and_base_pricing

DIGITAL GAUGE CONVERSION PACKAGE
FOR ALL 84 - 88 FIERO'S

There are two conversion packages available: GT. and NON GT.

The NON GT. package includes:

?Main dash gauge conversion which includes a red digital Tachometer, Speedometer, Fuel, and Water Temperature gauge. Also, there is either an Oil Pressure or Voltmeter gauge below the tachometer depending on the year of your car.
?Designed by a long time Fiero owner specifically for the Fiero (not from another car).
?They easily mount in side of the factory gauge housing after removing the original gauges.
?Tinted Plexiglas panel to perfectly replace the gray factory panel covering the factory gauges.
?Available in either full English or Metric display versions.
?Factory indicators are retained: turn signal, brake, highbeam, etc..
?Bright red displays for the best contrast in sunlight (green optional or mix the 2 colors as you want).
?Tachometer and Speedometer have a light bargraph that wraps around their digital displays for quick glance readings.
?Factory odometer is retained.
?Complete installation instructions and any needed mounting hardware is included.
?All gauges use the factory sensors for easy installation.
?All Gauges dim when either the parking and/or headlights are turned on.
?Labels for all gauges are lit and they will flash when any readings are out of range (Ex. temp too high, oil press too low, etc?)
?All Microprocessor controlled.
?Lifetime Warranty
?Short installation time of about 3 to 4 hours with minimal modifications (only a few wires to connect and a 1/2? piece of plastic to cut.
?Over 400 have been sold worldwide in the past 11 years.

The GT. package includes everything that is in the NON GT. version with the addition of:

? Center dash gauge conversion including a digital Volt Meter and Oil Pressure gauge.
? Tinted Plexiglas panel to perfectly replace the gray factory panel covering the factory center gauge.
? Additional installation time of about 1/2 hour.

Note: There will not be any gauge below the tachometer ( as in the NON GT. version ) to match the
factory GT. gauge layout.

Specifications for each individual gauge are as follows:

SPEEDOMETER
? Speedometer will read from 0 MPH to 200 MPH or 0 KPH to 250 KPH for the metric version.
? Reads in 1 MPH or 1 KPH increments.
? Bargragh display is jumper selectable for either 80 MPH or 120 MPH full scale reading. For t the metric version it is selectable for either 130 KPH or 190 KPH full scale reading.

TACHOMETER
? Tachometer will read from 0 RPM to 9900 RPM.
? Reads in 100 RPM increments.
? Tachometer is jumper selectable for use with either a 4, 6, or 8 cylinder engine.
? Bargragh display is jumper selectable for either 5000, 6000, or 7000 RPM full scale reading.

FUEL
? Fuel gauge will read from 0.0 to 9.9 Gallons or 0.0 to 60 Liters.
? Reads in .1 Gallon or 1 Liter increments.
? Full fuel tank reading is adjustable.
? Fuel label will blink when the fuel drops below 2.0 gallons or 7.0 Liters.

WATER TEMPERATURE
? Temperature gauge will read from 80 to 255 F or 30 to 124 C.
? Reads in 5 F increments or 2 C increments.
? Temperature label will blink if the temperature rises above 230 F or 112 C.

OIL PRESSURE
? Oil pressure gauge will read from 0 Psi to 99 Psi or 0 to 9.9 Bar.
? Reads in 1 Psi or .1 Bar increments.
? Oil label will blink if the oil pressure rises above 79 Psi or 7.9 Bar or falls below 16 Psi or 1.6 Bar.

VOLT METER
? Voltmeter will read from 9.5 to 24.0 volts.
? Reads in .1 volt increments.
? Volts label will blink if the voltage rises above 15.4 or falls below 11.6 volts.

Note: These gauges are the same as the gauges offered by Pisa Co. as I sell them to Pisa. The gauges are on Pisa's web sight at: http: http://www.pisafierohq.com/interiors/gauges/.

ABOUT ME (Tom Sweet)

I am an electrical engineer and I designed these gauges 100%, including the circuit boards and software, for my 86-GT V8 Fiero of 18 years. For the past 11 years I have been offering these gauges to other Fiero owners to enjoy. The pictures you see are the gauges mounted in my Fiero. I am one of the original members of Suncoast Fieros of Florida and have enjoyed many years of driving my V8 Fiero. I have done most of the mods that you can do to a Fiero myself. It really makes those Porsche / Corvette drivers feel bad when I come across them.

COST AND SHIPPING

To place an order call me (tom) at (727) 548-1132 after 6:00 est., or leave a message during the day, or e-mail me at: http://www.tbsb9595@att.net

Pricing for the Non GT version is $499 + shipping + options (see below)
Pricing for the GT version is $599 + shipping + options (see below)
Shipping is $14.00 via 2-3 day USPS in continental US or I can ship outside the US for a bit more.

OPTION 1 - additional set of Tinted pexiglas panels (for complete blacked out look when doubled up) is $42.00 for Gt and $29.00 for non GT.

OPTION 2 - For custom green displays add $25.00 to $39.00 (due to low purchasing quantitys) price depends on what portion of the gauges you want to be green.

OPTION 3 -Extra gauge option (below the Tach for GT versions only) is $59.00 + a sensor. The gauge can just about anything including the following: boost, any temperature, fuel pressure, etc.

OPTION 4 - Matching Plexiglas panel that mounts around the Stereo/AC controls/Vents in the center console. This will give the same look to the center console as the digital dash provides. For this option just add $45.00.

OPTION 5 - Matching Plexiglas panel that mounts over the trim piece in the shifter area. This will give the same look to the center console as the digital dash provides. It includes a shift pattern label (specify 4 or 5 speed). This trim piece is only available for a manual trans at this time. For this option just add $48.00.

OPTION 6 - Low cost option (partial digital kit) also available. This includes the same items as this auction, minus the digital Tach and Speedo. The plexiglas panels have holes cut out for the analog Tach/Speedo for this version. If you like you can always add the digital Tach and Speedo later. The price for this kit is $289.00.

FUTURE OPTIONS - I am also working on an optional 3 gauge version of the Gt aux cluster and a digital odometer.

If you live near me (Tampa Bay area, FL) I can install them for you for a fee, or you can send me your gauge pod out of your car and I?ll put them in and send it back to you for a smaller fee.

Individual gauge prices are:

Speedometer - $225
Tachometer (tach only or with volts, or oil depending on year and model) - $235
Fuel/temp - $140
Volts/oil (gt) - $150

You can also go to my web sight at: www.tomsdigitalelectronics.com

Please allow 2 to 4 weeks for the gauges to be shipped, as they are custom built to fit your version of Fiero. I accept Payment via Certified check, Money order, or Paypal. If Paying via Paypal please add $22.00 to cover their fees.

[This message has been edited by TBSB9595 (edited 01-16-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
timgray

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
does the plexi have a black paint mask on the back to hide the other parts? I.E. in direct sunlight can I see the white support parts and idiot light frame?

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero gas guages are notorious for false readings. The 88 Fiero holds more than 10 gallons of gas. Anyway to upgrade the gas guage?
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Timgray,

You could mask them out fairly easily, but I have not done that as of yet. If you use 2 plex panels it appears completly blacked out and you can only see inside a little if the sun directly hits it.

Tom S.
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TBSB9595

301 posts
Member since Nov 2006
CliffW,

the problem with the fuel gauge is actually the fuel sender as it gets dirty. Also there are some issues with poor grounding on the Fiero's
that causes trouble too.

For 88 Fiero's the 2 digit display can be calibrated to read 99% (instead of reading gallons) when your tank is full.

Tom S.
KeithGT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KeithGTSend a Private Message to KeithGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im just curious as to why i would spend $600 on something i can make for 50 bucks from a cavy or S10 dash? I just wanna know whats so much better about these?
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
KEITHGT,

Why? Because these are designed specifically for the Fiero and it sensors so you don't need to modify anything.
Why? Because the gauges will all work, which is not the case for most of the dashes I have seen people use in the cars. A person in my Fiero club
has done as you sugested but he can not get the Tach to work at all and the speedo jumps around. But hey it was cheap at $100.00! What a deal!
Luckily for him being the nice guy I am, I have offered to help and see if we can get them to work. I understand not everybody has an extra $500.00
sitting around.
Why? Because they will work with Fiero engine swaps of any kind because as I can modify them to do so as needed.
Why? Because I can add a custom gauge below the tach (for GT's were no gauge is present) like boost, trans temp, oil temp. anything.
Why? Because they have built in warning indicators and I provide a lifetime warranty.
Why? Need I go on!

Tom
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think they look cool...only thing that kinda sticks out is the odometer...have you investigated into a digital odometer too or is it not possible??? tim..
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thismanyfieros:
i think they look cool...only thing that kinda sticks out is the odometer...have you investigated into a digital odometer too or is it not possible??? tim..

That would be nice.

Originally posted by TBSB9595:

Is there no trip odometer (aka gas guage )
Do you have a daylight picture? Not necessarily for illunination purposes. Just an overall look.
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thismanyfieros,

Thanks your great comment!

As for the odometer, I left the stock one to keep the cost from going any higher and I thought some people would not want
to loose their lower mileage odometer readings.

Tom S.
KeithGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KeithGTSend a Private Message to KeithGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit

[This message has been edited by KeithGT (edited 11-12-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliffw,

Sorry no trip odo, as was it going to be impossible to keep due to lack of space.

By a daylight picture do you mean with them off in the daylight or something else?

Tom S.
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TBSB9595

301 posts
Member since Nov 2006
Keithgt,

Have at it!

I won't lose any sleep over it.
brandosfiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brandosfieroSend a Private Message to brandosfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think the price is pretty cheap for what they are.atleast he makes them for us.i have a cavalier digi dash and they dont look near as good.and dont have a digatal tach
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliffw,
Sorry no trip odo, as was it going to be impossible to keep due to lack of space.

Not a deal breaker but gosh I do like my trip odometer. Not just as a gas guage. My Tacoma has "Trip A" and also "Trip B" trip odometers. Sometimes I use both on the same trip.

Because I can add a custom gauge below the tach (for GT's were no gauge is present) like boost, trans temp, oil temp. anything.

Could and would you add a trip odometer and also digitalize the standard odometer?

By a daylight picture do you mean with them off in the daylight or something else?

Sort of what it would look like to someone looking in the window although it could be from the drivers seat. The overall effect.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 11-11-2006).]

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally I would rather have these than the cavy or S10 dash. Maybe someday when I finish my tranny and motor swap I can afford a set. Although a digital odometer and trip would be nice. Would really be cool if you could incorporate a boost gauge in the tach area and an air / fuel ratio in the auxilary pod between the voltage and oil gauge.

How much more would that cost?
tharvey

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tharveySend a Private Message to tharveyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tbsb9595

personally I think they look great and for 500-600 they are well worth it. I spent 2 years in electronics, 4 years in electrical and then went to work for the government for the last 30 plus years. Electrical is tough work and people don't seem to pay what it is worth. It is rather a shame that some people will be-little you on a very extensive quality component and then spend 4-5 bucks on a beer which will last 2-3 minutes.

I will be ordering one as soon as I figure on where to put my zietronix unit. I was thinking of placing it where the gt gauges go and using the aux. extra under the tach for the oil and then mounting a surface mount voltmeter somewhere else.

regardless I think you did a great job and will gladly pay your price for the unit. sorry to see so much hostality in this thread, I guess some people do not quite understand yet that you get what you pay for.

As for the write up, I think you might have missed a decimal point as you state that temp etc. increases in 5 increments however your gauges show increments in 1 increment

thanks for the offer and I am looking forward to ordering a set for my 86 gt, was thinking my wifee might read this for christmas

just my 2-3 cents worth

tim
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tharvey:
I will be ordering one as soon as I figure on where to put my zietronix unit.

Ok ok, I'll bite. What is a zietronic unit ?
srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I may be wrong, but I think it's a wide band O2 set up.
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think it's a brand of wide band O2 sensor gauge.
tharvey

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tharveySend a Private Message to tharveyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Zietronix unit is a wideband o2 sensor and monitor. Our narow band read 2-3 times per second and update the computer 1-2 times per second.
the wideband will read 6-800 times per second and update the computer 1000 times per second. It will also give you an accurate monitoring of air to fuel ratio, vacum pressure and even has an input for egt. All in all, about 500 complete with monitor readout which fits perfectly where the additional gt gauges go, now you just have to find a place for the oil and voltage.

oh by the way, wifee bought me the complete wide band set up for fathers day, not a bad haul, I think.

[This message has been edited by tharvey (edited 11-11-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
KeithGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KeithGTSend a Private Message to KeithGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with your project.

[This message has been edited by KeithGT (edited 11-12-2006).]

wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2006 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i want one . there is really alot of work and money to make these set-ups. the time to have the boards made to your spec's than adding every piece one part at a time . than the cost of all the items and labor to put it all together. very well done set-up.
pm sent

------------------

COMING SOON: 4.9 complete rebuild with buds outback northstar pistons , delta cams E303 cam , full ported , polished , and flow tested heads and manifolds. rockcrawl's custom chip
86 and 87 fiero database www.geocities.com/cwandall/fiero.html

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cliffw,

Sorry, but adding a trip odo or making the standard odo digital is not possible unless I completly redesign
the gauges. The extra gauge is available below the tach since I already designed it in for non gt's.

As for the overall effect picture, I'll come up with something and send it to you via a P.M.. Or maybe I'll just post it on here. I'll let you know when I have something.

Tom S.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tom.

I gather that we recieve the above components and install them in our own existing housings.
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by srat110:

Would really be cool if you could incorporate a boost gauge in the tach area and an air / fuel ratio in the auxilary pod between the voltage and oil gauge.

How much more would that cost?

I can do the boost gauge as I already have an extra spot from the non gt version below the tach, but I can't add a gauge to the aux pod unless I redesigned it (a lot of work).
For a boost gauge added it would cost $49.00. Tom
timgray

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also think these are the best dash upgrade available for the fiero, they are high on my list of what to get right after the 3.4 swap.

A side technical question, is there any room just above the tach module after install? I have a 2 line reverse backlit red LCD module I am building to have typical newer pontiac features like economy, trip, average speed,etc... and your dash mod looks like I might have the room to stick the lcd above the tach.

Is there 3/4 deep by 4 inch by 1.5 inch of space in there after install?

also one of your photos shows an oil t emp below the tach. is that available as an option?

[This message has been edited by timgray (edited 11-13-2006).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

These pics would be of the non-GT ? The oil temperature guage I see will not work on GT instument clusters?
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tharvey:

personally I think they look great and for 500-600 they are well worth it. I spent 2 years in electronics, 4 years in electrical and then went to work for the government for the last 30 plus years. Electrical is tough work and people don't seem to pay what it is worth. It is rather a shame that some people will be-little you on a very extensive quality component and then spend 4-5 bucks on a beer which will last 2-3 minutes.

regardless I think you did a great job and will gladly pay your price for the unit. sorry to see so much hostality in this thread, I guess some people do not quite understand yet that you get what you pay for.

As for the write up, I think you might have missed a decimal point as you state that temp etc. increases in 5 increments however your gauges show increments in 1 increment

thanks for the offer and I am looking forward to ordering a set for my 86 gt, was thinking my wifee might read this for christmas

just my 2-3 cents worth

tim

Tim, yor are right on, thanks a lot for your kind words. I really appreciate it!

As for the gauges reading in 5 degree increments in the specs, that is correct. The gauges you see in my car use a custom non fiero temp sensor to allow 1 degree readings. With the factory Fiero temp sensor the best I could come up with was 5 degree imcrements. To keep the install simple as possible and to keep the cost down I just stayed with the
factory Fiero sensors.

Good luck on Christmas! Tom

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TBSB9595

301 posts
Member since Nov 2006

Originally posted by wiccantoy:

i want one . there is really alot of work and money to make these set-ups. the time to have the boards made to your spec's than adding every piece one part at a time . than the cost of all the items and labor to put it all together. very well done set-up.
pm sent

Thanks a lot for your comments. You are very correct as it took me 100's of hours of design time and several thousand
$ just to come up with one set of gauges. Tom

Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work ...Make me think keep it up ...Rob
PFF
System Bot
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I gather that we recieve the above components and install them in our own existing housings.

Yes you are correct. I will make that more clear in my specs.
Thanks , Tom
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TBSB9595

301 posts
Member since Nov 2006

Originally posted by timgray:

I also think these are the best dash upgrade available for the fiero, they are high on my list of what to get right after the 3.4 swap.

A side technical question, is there any room just above the tach module after install? I have a 2 line reverse backlit red LCD module I am building to have typical newer pontiac features like economy, trip, average speed,etc... and your dash mod looks like I might have the room to stick the lcd above the tach.

Is there 3/4 deep by 4 inch by 1.5 inch of space in there after install?

also one of your photos shows an oil t emp below the tach. is that available as an option?

Thanks again Tim!

My digital Tach doesn't take up any more space than the original Tach, so you will still have the same amount of space
as what is their now.

Yes the extra gauge is available below the Tach on GT's for $49.00 + temp sensor.
Tom

[This message has been edited by TBSB9595 (edited 11-13-2006).]

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TBSB9595

301 posts
Member since Nov 2006

These pics would be of the non-GT ? The oil temperature guage I see will not work on GT instument clusters?

Actualy it is my GT, as the non-GT has an oil press or voltage gauge their, but the GT doesn't have anything normally. The oil temp (extra gauge option) was added in my car.
Tom
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah, good, back on top.
I was wondering...about the lifetime warranty. What if I live longer than you? How hard would it be for another electronics genius to trouble shoot and repair any glitches? Do the installation instructions come with installation troubleshooting. Some of us have different forte's .
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ah, good, back on top.
I was wondering...about the lifetime warranty. What if I live longer than you? How hard would it be for another electronics genius to trouble shoot and repair any glitches? Do the installation instructions come with installation troubleshooting. Some of us have different forte's .

Hi again,
Am I am only 39 and in good health i don't think I'm going anywhere just yet. Plus In the 8 years I have been selling these digital gauges I have only had one repair and that was just from a bum solder joint. I always design anything electronic (I do so for a living) so that everthing is well within specs and with protection added were needed. For example you can not damage the gauges by connecting them up wrong, no matter how wrong you do it.

As for someone else repairing them, it is possible as long they know what they are doing.

The install instructions are very detailed, but I don't have troubleshooting included in it as of yet. If you need any help just call or email me (my info at top) and I will help you out as I have done with other people. By the way I sent you a P.M. earlier. Thanks for your interest, Tom S.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

By the way I sent you a P.M. earlier. Thanks for your interest, Tom S.

Replied to before I posted. It's good to have a dilligent person to deal with.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2006 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a picture of your green readout style LEDs?
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2006 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of these gauges in my Fiero and I absolutely love them. If I had another Fiero, I'd consider another set. The only thing I miss some times is the trip odometer.

I think the price is worth getting something that fits the stock Fiero instrument housing.

The pic is old, and somewhat fuzzy.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock