Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  DIGITAL GAUGE KITS CUSTOM BUILT FOR FIERO'S FOR SALE (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
DIGITAL GAUGE KITS CUSTOM BUILT FOR FIERO'S FOR SALE by TBSB9595
Started on: 11-10-2006 04:28 PM
Replies: 338 (31331 views)
Last post by: TBSB9595 on 05-17-2018 10:20 AM
TBSB9595

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CommanderKeen:

Oh HELL yes. The only two seater I have owned other than Fiero's was an 86 Nissan 300Z that had the digital green dash. It was the ONLY thing I liked about it better than my Fiero. Expect an order soon.

Thanks for your comments and your future order CommanderKeen!
Tom

IP: Logged
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TBSB9595

301 posts
Member since Nov 2006

Originally posted by Sourmug:

Tom:

One thing that I would like to see is a button to switch between KPH and MPH on the speedometer. Being Canadian it would be nice to be able to switch between for any road trips down to the States so that I would not have to mentally calculate my speed all the time. Do you think that this is possible?

Thanks
Nolan

Nolan,
I could do that, but the only problem is that the Speed label is fixed to say either KPH or MPH as it is not electronically generated.
Thanks, Tom
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your reply Tom.

Nolan
skwrks

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skwrksSend a Private Message to skwrksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can the speedometer be set up to accept the 4K signal from the later '30 ECM used in engine swaps?

Albert
SebFGT

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SebFGTSend a Private Message to SebFGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are available in KM/H?
SebFGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SebFGTSend a Private Message to SebFGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SebFGT

350 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Are available in KM/H ?
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seb - yes they are available in KMH
wyatt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wyattSend a Private Message to wyattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Tom
Im still very happy with my digital gauge set, it works great But im now in the prosses of fitting a turbo to my car and would like to be able to modify my gauges to incoporate a boost gauge.
Is this possible.
Please email me direct on wyattw@dodo.com.au
thanks Wyatt
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom,
Here is a bump for you...

I don't what to drop too much into your thread, but there is a thread running over here about a rally computer.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/111788.html

I was wondering if you could chime in over there. It would be awesome if you could build something for it...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel

86GTFastback

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTFastbackSend a Private Message to 86GTFastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Give you a free bump. Its a bit too rich for my blood, but those look awesome!
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2010 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GTFastback:

Give you a free bump. Its a bit too rich for my blood, but those look awesome!

x2! When I get the money to do the 2.0T swap I want, I'll definitely look into getting a set of these gauges.
PFF
System Bot
crazykid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2010 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazykid87Send a Private Message to crazykid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bet if you ever were to make some for 3rd camaro's the guys over at thirdgen.org would be all over them.
crazyinkc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2010 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyinkcSend a Private Message to crazyinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TBSB9595:

I NOW HAVE AN INSTALLED PIC OF THE GAUGES IN BLUE.

That is AMAZING. too bad im poor :P lol.

------------------
C'mon you know my 4cylinder is Pimp. Just admit it. You'd own it.

Gandalf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GandalfSend a Private Message to GandalfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!
Cro577

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cro577Send a Private Message to Cro577Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
I hope by the time I can afford these they will still be for sale!
jeep107

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jeep107Send a Private Message to jeep107Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have these in my 86SE and am pretty impressed with them
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your kind words Jeep107!

[This message has been edited by TBSB9595 (edited 01-20-2011).]

Rustym38

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rustym38Send a Private Message to Rustym38Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really want the blue guages, I will buy these when I sell my custom v8 S-10, I am looking for some interior upgrades for my car.
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Willthe aux gauges work without the main head unit?

The Riv
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom

Is there any way that the bar graphs on the speedo and the tach can change colors as they get higher?

For example as the speed starts as green, at like 60 or so turns to blue and over 80 turns to red (example speeds could change)
or
on the Tach have it start green turn to blue at like 5,000 and Red at 6,000..

i know the actual numbers cant change but what about the bar graph?

Also it is not possible to have the Speedo bar graph more rounded like the Tach is it?
broderp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for broderpSend a Private Message to broderpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question:

Do you have any pictures with all the indicators ALL lit up in a cluster behind the plaxiglas? (Including all the rpm and tach bars.) I apologize, but NONE of the pictures work on the first page, maybe its my connection at work.

I also have the same color question as above the color change.

Very nice (from what I see on your web).

[This message has been edited by broderp (edited 07-20-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroAndrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAndrewSend a Private Message to FieroAndrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Free bump! I'm starting my piggy bank fund for one of these.
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2011 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that would be awesome if you could change the LED color to white or uv or a combination of some sort
Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2012 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These would look cool in my prototype "G1" dash. How long would it take to make a Partial GT in blue?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000091-37.html
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the interest in my digital gauge kit as I really appreciate it!
Tom - tomsdigitalelectronics.com
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom...
Would it be possible to fit the fuel and coolant temp in the aux gauge pod with the volts and oil pressure, in a row of 4, side by side?
All behind the lexan panel?

Wiring would not be an issue as long as I have something on the gauge to connect to.

Would you be willing to sell just those four in that configuration?

Thanks!

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40730 posts
Member since Oct 1999
bumpity
DPoppelll

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DPoppelllSend a Private Message to DPoppelllEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

Tom

Is there any way that the bar graphs on the speedo and the tach can change colors as they get higher?

For example as the speed starts as green, at like 60 or so turns to blue and over 80 turns to red (example speeds could change)
or
on the Tach have it start green turn to blue at like 5,000 and Red at 6,000..

i know the actual numbers cant change but what about the bar graph?

Also it is not possible to have the Speedo bar graph more rounded like the Tach is it?

I thought it would be cool to have the tach blue until the shift light turns on and then green during the "optimal shift time" and then red when the engine revs over that stretch. I also like the rounded speedo idea.
AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the biggest problem that I have with these, that has kept me from purchasing a set. was the fuel gauge. it reads in single digit with a 1/10th digit. and the max reading is 9.9...
not good enough for my horrible perfectionist ways... I know you can fit more than 12 gallons in a stock setup, ive done it at the pump.
I realize the complexities in what I am asking that would unfold. just saying. I wish maybe that the gauge would register some 13.0 gallons maybe or something that would make me buy a complete set for my gt
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AL87:

the biggest problem that I have with these, that has kept me from purchasing a set. was the fuel gauge. it reads in single digit with a 1/10th digit. and the max reading is 9.9...
not good enough for my horrible perfectionist ways... I know you can fit more than 12 gallons in a stock setup, ive done it at the pump.
I realize the complexities in what I am asking that would unfold. just saying. I wish maybe that the gauge would register some 13.0 gallons maybe or something that would make me buy a complete set for my gt

Is it measuring gallons or just fractions of full scale reading?
AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

Is it measuring gallons or just fractions of full scale reading?

I cant remember for sure, but I think they are meant to read in gallons.

but it would be better if it was to be measured in maybe a percentage.
PFF
System Bot
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I cant remember for sure, but I think they are meant to read in gallons.

but it would be better if it was to be measured in maybe a percentage.

I'm pretty sure this is reading percentage and not gallons.

Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's certainly what would make sense...
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry I only have 2 digits for the fuel display, but at the time I designed these I was only thinking about the Fiero with the 10 gallon tank (1984 to 1987). For anything higher than 10 gallons it can just be taken as a % reading 0 to 99% as I can leave off the decimal point.

Tom
AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TBSB9595:

Sorry I only have 2 digits for the fuel display, but at the time I designed these I was only thinking about the Fiero with the 10 gallon tank (1984 to 1987). For anything higher than 10 gallons it can just be taken as a % reading 0 to 99% as I can leave off the decimal point.

Tom

oh, thats better, lol. I can do percents
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had mine installed over a year now. The cost is great considering the quality. They are truly "PLUG & PLAY." not to mention Tom is easy to deal with and very honest.

Mike Parker
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike,
Thanks a lot for your kind words and for your great feedback as I really appreciate it!
Tom
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2012 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is anyone else out there ready to go digital?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock