Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  DIGITAL GAUGE KITS CUSTOM BUILT FOR FIERO'S FOR SALE (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
DIGITAL GAUGE KITS CUSTOM BUILT FOR FIERO'S FOR SALE by TBSB9595
Started on: 11-10-2006 04:28 PM
Replies: 338 (31330 views)
Last post by: TBSB9595 on 05-17-2018 10:20 AM
TBSB9595

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
IP: Logged
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bump
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the bump Newbfiero! Tom
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somehow I missed this thread until now...

Excellent product. It's great to see people creating new items for the Fiero then offereing it to the other owners.

I didn't read all the comments, but TBSB9595I thank you for doing this. Don't be discouraged by the people that think it's too expensive, or that they could do it themselves for less. Some people are never satisfiied. If I were looking for a digital dash I would definitely be interested.

Oh yeah, free bump.
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2007 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Somehow I missed this thread until now...

Excellent product. It's great to see people creating new items for the Fiero then offereing it to the other owners.

I didn't read all the comments, but TBSB9595I thank you for doing this. Don't be discouraged by the people that think it's too expensive, or that they could do it themselves for less. Some people are never satisfiied. If I were looking for a digital dash I would definitely be interested.

Oh yeah, free bump.

JSCOTT1 Thanks a lot for your kind words and comments! Tom

[This message has been edited by TBSB9595 (edited 07-23-2007).]

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2007 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful gauges but the same old 80's style "squarish" instrument cluster shape doesn't do them justice. IMO it just isn't worth the expense to upgrade such a dated looking cluster. Now if you developed an arch top cluster, that would really bring the Fieros dash up to date.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds
2006 3800SC Series III swap in progress
Engine Controls, PCM goodies,
re-programming & odd electronics stuff
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Beautiful gauges but the same old 80's style "squarish" instrument cluster shape doesn't do them justice. IMO it just isn't worth the expense to upgrade such a dated looking cluster. Now if you developed an arch top cluster, that would really bring the Fieros dash up to date.

Dennis,

You've got a point there, but I'm not sure many people would buy my gages if they only fit a non original dash. I would have to redesign them to fit another dash at substantial cost.

Thanks for your comments,
Tom

partsman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partsmanSend a Private Message to partsmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that is one of the coolest products I have seen. I think the price is reasonable. keep up the good work!

PFF
System Bot
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by partsman:

that is one of the coolest products I have seen. I think the price is reasonable. keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot Partsman!
Tom

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back at ya
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Bill!
timgray

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
on the GT photos of your car there is a space below the tach for a smaller gauge (you havea temp gauge there), do you have or can one of yours be reprogrammed to be a boost gauge? basically a -20 to 20 readout for a turbo or SC equipped car?

[This message has been edited by timgray (edited 08-29-2007).]

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timgray:

on the GT photos of your car there is a space below the tach for a smaller gauge (you havea temp gauge there), do you have or can one of yours be reprogrammed to be a boost gauge? basically a -20 to 20 readout for a turbo or SC equipped car?

Yes a boost gauge is another option I already offer and I have sold several of them for S.C. 3.800 Fieros. Its set up to read only boost though, from 1 to 18lbs, but it could be made to go higher if needed.
Tom

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
timgray

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate to be a pest,

but can you also add a gauge below the speedometer like you do with the Tach? Just curious if it's a seperate little board that sits over that area so I could have an oil temp gauge as well as a boost gauge while keeping your digital dash look.

thanks again!

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timgray:

I hate to be a pest,

but can you also add a gauge below the speedometer like you do with the Tach? Just curious if it's a seperate little board that sits over that area so I could have an oil temp gauge as well as a boost gauge while keeping your digital dash look.

thanks again!

No problem, ask as many questions as you want. I can only add a gauge below the Tach. I designed the tach pc board to work with all Fiero versions and the Non gt has either a volt or oil gauge below the tach. So on GT's I can use the non GT gauge location for something else.
You could still have both gauges by just connecting a switch to the water temp sensor input. Then if you mount another water temp sensor were it can read the oil temp you could switch between the two. However, as the temp reading is averaged over about 20 seconds, it would take that long to get the final reading when changing the switch position.

Hope this helps.
Tom

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2007 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these gauge packages mostly plug and play or do they require quite a bit of wiring.? I want to install them on a Mera and would like to know in advance what I am getting myself into wrt installation. An average install time would be appreciated.

PFF
System Bot
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Are these gauge packages mostly plug and play or do they require quite a bit of wiring.? I want to install them on a Mera and would like to know in advance what I am getting myself into wrt installation. An average install time would be appreciated.

Hello,
I designed them specifically for the Fiero, so they are 95% plug and play as that was as close as I could make them to 100%. If you have ever had your gauges out you noticed they individually plug in. My digital gauges are the same, except there are a few wires to connect for dimming them and for the speedo. You won't have any trouble installing them as I include complete instructions with illustrations. The install time is 3-5 hours depending on your skills. Tom

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Tom,
Again, awesome product.

I just wanted to know if anything needed to be calibrated if I went from the stock 2.8L to a 3800SC with the 4T65E-HD transmission. I think that there is a difference in reading the spedo. Is this something that you calibrate? When I order I would like a boost under the tach.

Do you have any made up in advance or how long is the wait on them?

Brian
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

Hey Tom,
Again, awesome product.

I just wanted to know if anything needed to be calibrated if I went from the stock 2.8L to a 3800SC with the 4T65E-HD transmission. I think that there is a difference in reading the spedo. Is this something that you calibrate? When I order I would like a boost under the tach.

Do you have any made up in advance or how long is the wait on them?

Brian

Brian,

I have had atleast 5 other people use my gauges on the 3800SC without any problems. Gm tends to use the same sensors in there engines so it hasn't been an issue. If there is a difference with the speedo sensor all you need to do is tell me how far off your speedo is and I can re-calibrate it for you.

As for the boost gauge, it isn't a problem to add it below the Tach.

I build the gauges special for each year/version of Fiero so it takes me about 3-4 to complete it and get it shipped out.

Thanks,
Tom

Nate16

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nate16Send a Private Message to Nate16Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now I like your Digital Gauges but I like the color of these Digital Gauges better. They seem to be more vivid and also the Odometer looks digital although I am not sure. These also look a lot more expensive.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2007 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nate16,
To me it looks like the same LEDs but it looks like he is using a clear plexi versus the smoke plexi Tom sends. The reds looks the same to me and I know Tom said he can do the green also. I think that the Odo does look digital. Personally I like the way Tom's LEDs wrap for the tach/speedo and end at the 1 o'clock mark versus going all the way around. MAYBE it is a childhood thing, but Tom's gives me that Knight Rider feel to the dash...

Brian
DESTOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DESTOSSend a Private Message to DESTOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP

I love the gauges, and I think they price is very reasonable. I have a lot of work to do on my Fiero before I can think about these though.

I hope you're still selling them when I'm ready for these.
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DESTOS:

BUMP

I love the gauges, and I think they price is very reasonable. I have a lot of work to do on my Fiero before I can think about these though.

I hope you're still selling them when I'm ready for these.

Thanks, I'll be here.

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you make them in a blue color? I am just curious. I would like to have a set of blue ones, so they will match the rest of my digital stuff in the car. I am thinking about investing in a set of these.
Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently put a set of these on my car.
They work great an look even better

[This message has been edited by Zoom88 (edited 10-29-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

Can you make them in a blue color? I am just curious. I would like to have a set of blue ones, so they will match the rest of my digital stuff in the car. I am thinking about investing in a set of these.

Sorry, but I can't get the displays I use in Blue. I can only do red or green.

Tom

blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone post a recent picture of this kit installed in a GT Fiero? I'm having an LS4 swap (Sinister Performance) and have been looking for a speedo option that goes higher than 120mph. I could get really excited about a digital speedo, but I think I like the OEM tach and guages just as is. But a digital speedo only would be rather hot. Can someone post a picture of this kit installed into their GT?

Thanks.
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2007 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2007 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a picture of a set with green lights. Also i have a 3800 NA 5 speed i was wondering if you could do the tach in green and when you get to the redline change it to red lights? thanks Austin
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2007 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vendetta:

Do you have a picture of a set with green lights. Also i have a 3800 NA 5 speed i was wondering if you could do the tach in green and when you get to the redline change it to red lights? thanks Austin

Sorry but I don't have a pic with the green lights in it. The gauges will work fine on your 3800 and yes I can setup the bargraph colors anyway you want in red/green.

Thanks,
Tom

OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2007 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkcofy:

Can someone post a recent picture of this kit installed in a GT Fiero? I'm having an LS4 swap (Sinister Performance) and have been looking for a speedo option that goes higher than 120mph. I could get really excited about a digital speedo, but I think I like the OEM tach and guages just as is. But a digital speedo only would be rather hot. Can someone post a picture of this kit installed into their GT?

Thanks.

There are pics on page 1 of these installed in Tom's V8 GT.
tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2007 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"just wondering" for christmas (lol...present for myself) what would the price be for a set of volt/oil gauges in green sent to 98604? also do you sell the black plastic part for beneath the gauges (vent/hvac/stereo) surrond?

thanks
=todd=

[This message has been edited by tmur115 (edited 12-11-2007).]

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2007 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tmur115:

"just wondering" for christmas (lol...present for myself) what would the price be for a set of volt/oil gauges in green sent to 98604? also do you sell the black plastic part for beneath the gauges (vent/hvac/stereo) surrond?

thanks
=todd=

Todd,

The price would be $168 for green and $150 for red including tinted panel and USPS 2-3 day shipping.
And Yes I do have the panel for A/C, Vent, Stereo. It is a $35.00 option. For more info and pics
go to my websight at http://www.tomsdigitalelectronics.com

Thanks,
Tom

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2007 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any specials for the month of Dec.?
Dave

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 12-18-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave