Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  DIGITAL GAUGE KITS CUSTOM BUILT FOR FIERO'S FOR SALE (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
DIGITAL GAUGE KITS CUSTOM BUILT FOR FIERO'S FOR SALE by TBSB9595
Started on: 11-10-2006 04:28 PM
Replies: 338 (31330 views)
Last post by: TBSB9595 on 05-17-2018 10:20 AM
TBSB9595

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Bob!
IP: Logged
The_Ikon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking product.. Hey, could you offer something like this for my 65' VW Karmann Ghia?
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The_Ikon:

Nice looking product.. Hey, could you offer something like this for my 65' VW Karmann Ghia?

Thanks!

Sorry, but I only have it available for the Fiero at this time.

Tom
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2008 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2009 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back at ya
Twilight Fenrir

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Twilight FenrirSend a Private Message to Twilight FenrirEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tharvey:

tbsb9595

personally I think they look great and for 500-600 they are well worth it. I spent 2 years in electronics, 4 years in electrical and then went to work for the government for the last 30 plus years. Electrical is tough work and people don't seem to pay what it is worth. It is rather a shame that some people will be-little you on a very extensive quality component and then spend 4-5 bucks on a beer which will last 2-3 minutes.

regardless I think you did a great job and will gladly pay your price for the unit. sorry to see so much hostality in this thread, I guess some people do not quite understand yet that you get what you pay for.

I agree, it is an absolutely beautifully crafted unit. And well worth the money. I've got some other things a bit higher on my priority list at the moment, but some day, I'd like to order myself one of these. I'd have to stick with the green ones personally, match the factory radio display and such. Besides, the red reminds me too much of Night Rider, and my car just doesn't have that look :P

Besides, how many scrapyards give you a lifetime warranty?

Also: Could I still install the factory metalic bezel over the plexiglass? Or, does the glass have to take the place of it?
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Twilight Fenrir:

I agree, it is an absolutely beautifully crafted unit. And well worth the money. I've got some other things a bit higher on my priority list at the moment, but some day, I'd like to order myself one of these. I'd have to stick with the green ones personally, match the factory radio display and such. Besides, the red reminds me too much of Night Rider, and my car just doesn't have that look :P

Besides, how many scrapyards give you a lifetime warranty?

Also: Could I still install the factory metalic bezel over the plexiglass? Or, does the glass have to take the place of it?

Thanks a lot for your kind words on my digital gauges as it is greatly appreciated.
As to your question, you can install the factory bezel over the plexiglass if you like without any problems. Others have already done that in the past.

Thanks,
Tom

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question:
Do you have to cut wires to install this?
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

Question:

The gauges are basically a plug in replacement with some minor wiring on a few of the gauges. You don't need to cut any wires, but you do need to tap into a few wires for the speedo and aux gt gauges. I include complete instructions and illustrations so that there is no guess work when it come to the installation. You could easily remove the digtial guages and put the stock ones back if you wanted to.
Thanks for interest, Tom
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2009 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Question:

Did you want to order a gauge kit now?
Tom
PFF
System Bot
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2009 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
keebler117

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2009 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for keebler117Click Here to visit keebler117's HomePageSend a Private Message to keebler117Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First, I have to say... BEAUTIFUL work Brotha'!

Just an off the wall question.... more like and idea, sota-speak... "HUD", heads up display....
I know I can get them off the internet, aftermarket, as I had one for my Porsche 928 (GPS based),
But I would rather have one that matches your gauges... or at least an add-on to the existing gauge cluster.

Possible?
thanks..... Keeb~

------------------
This Vehicle Capable of Evading High-Speed Pursuit

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by keebler117:

First, I have to say... BEAUTIFUL work Brotha'!

Just an off the wall question.... more like and idea, sota-speak... "HUD", heads up display....
I know I can get them off the internet, aftermarket, as I had one for my Porsche 928 (GPS based),
But I would rather have one that matches your gauges... or at least an add-on to the existing gauge cluster.

Possible?
thanks..... Keeb~

Thanks for your kind words! As for a HUD display, it is possible and I would love to do it, but I don't have the time to develop one right now.
Tom
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First off, these gauges are awsome, I love how much time you have obviously spent designing these. Soon I will be sending a message for just the black lexan panels, since those by themselves tidy up the interior so much on their own. On a seperate note, I like the look of the speaker (subwoofer?) you have on your dash. Don't mean to thread jack, but could you tell me what brand, model, etc... that is, and how does it sound?
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2009 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

First off, these gauges are awsome, I love how much time you have obviously spent designing these. Soon I will be sending a message for just the black lexan panels, since those by themselves tidy up the interior so much on their own. On a seperate note, I like the look of the speaker (subwoofer?) you have on your dash. Don't mean to thread jack, but could you tell me what brand, model, etc... that is, and how does it sound?

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Thanks for your kind words! Yes I did spend a lot of time and money to come up with this kit.
As for the center channel, it is an Alpine 4" mindrange speaker mounted in a box I made out of Plexiglass. The center channel sounds good as it helps to fill the front center of the car with sound. To make it work right you need to sum the left and right channel together though.

Tom

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just thought I would let everyone know that I will be offering my digital gauge kit in blue as an option in the next 4-8 weeks.
I know a lot of people have asked me about building them in blue, so If you are interested please let me know.

Thanks,

Tom
http://www.tomsdigitalelectronics.com
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am now offering my digital gauge kit in blue as an option.
I know a lot of people have asked me about building them in blue, so If you are interested please let me know.

Thanks,

Tom
http://www.tomsdigitalelectronics.com
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the positive feedback tmur115!
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a picture of the blue? Is it a blue similar to the blue in a HUD?

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html

geoz3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for geoz3Send a Private Message to geoz3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TBSB9595:

TTT

I have a set in my F40 replica, look great, work great.

[This message has been edited by geoz3 (edited 10-15-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't have any installed pics yet, but I do have a pic of some of the individual gauges to give you an ides what they look like. I will post the pics I have as soon as I get a chance. They would be similar to a blue HUD, but may have different look depnding on what type of display the HUD uses.
Thanks for asking, Tom

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is a pic the Tach in blue so you can get an idea what it looks like.

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey tom,

is that a pic of the gauge thru the smoke lexan? if so how much would another gt volt/oil set cost in blue...

thanks
=todd=

ps did you ever get the side vent covers figured out?

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tmur115:

hey tom,

is that a pic of the gauge thru the smoke lexan? if so how much would another gt volt/oil set cost in blue...

thanks
=todd=

ps did you ever get the side vent covers figured out?

Todd,
Yes that picture is looking through the tinted lexan otherwise you would see the circuit board. The aux (volt/oil) gt gauge in blue would be $169 including shipping and the lexan for it.

Sorry but I still don't have the side vent covers. I could get some made, but I need the vent trim for each side to make a template.

Thanks, Tom

teambraindamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for teambraindamageClick Here to visit teambraindamage's HomePageSend a Private Message to teambraindamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my friend put them in his GT and I they look very cool !
he said it was a simple install too
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your comment!
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2009 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Free bump, Very nice cluster set up. I can assure once my 3800 build is done, I will be acquiring a set from you sir.
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2010 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the bump! I'll be here when your ready.
Thanks Tom
Flyn2Low

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2010 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flyn2LowSend a Private Message to Flyn2LowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is this a request for the side vent trim? I have some spare cars that wouldn't mind donating the parts if you want them. Great gauges by the way. I'm sure I will be in for a set at some point. Sooner than later would be great
PFF
System Bot
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flyn2Low:

is this a request for the side vent trim? I have some spare cars that wouldn't mind donating the parts if you want them. Great gauges by the way. I'm sure I will be in for a set at some point. Sooner than later would be great

Yes I could use them Thanks. How much did you want for them including shipping?
Thanks for your comment on my gauges! I'll be here when your ready.
Thanks Tom

MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm selling one of my handguns to finance these gauges. Haha!

I'm on the fence between green and blue. I love the blue, but I want to see green ones before I make my decision. Do you have any pics of green ones or have you not put a set of green ones together yet?
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
F6GT-86wisconsin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F6GT-86wisconsinSend a Private Message to F6GT-86wisconsinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely Great Gauges!! I cannot wait to get some for my gt. I am also gonna get your new trim piece set as well. I was wondering if piece of trim for the speedo gauges would fit over the digital gauges, would that mean i would only need the one piece of tinted plexi too black out the dash?
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F6GT-86wisconsin:

Absolutely Great Gauges!! I cannot wait to get some for my gt. I am also gonna get your new trim piece set as well. I was wondering if piece of trim for the speedo gauges would fit over the digital gauges, would that mean i would only need the one piece of tinted plexi too black out the dash?

Thanks for your kind words! The trim panels for the gauges are different as they don't have cutouts so that they cover digital readouts. You can use 1 or 2 trim pieces to cover the digital gauges. 2 panels will black it out 100%. Thanks, Tom
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I NOW HAVE AN INSTALLED PIC OF THE GAUGES IN BLUE.

SOV3RN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SOV3RNSend a Private Message to SOV3RNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is *purty*, i want one!
CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh HELL yes. The only two seater I have owned other than Fiero's was an 86 Nissan 300Z that had the digital green dash. It was the ONLY thing I liked about it better than my Fiero. Expect an order soon.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom:

One thing that I would like to see is a button to switch between KPH and MPH on the speedometer. Being Canadian it would be nice to be able to switch between for any road trips down to the States so that I would not have to mentally calculate my speed all the time. Do you think that this is possible?

Thanks
Nolan
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay