Replies: 193 (13645 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 08-01-2012 09:16 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As you may or may not know, this is the weekend of the "Tyler's Toy" build. You can follow the build through a live feed here. I would ask to post progress pictures in this thread, but I understand the color of the car is kind of a secret until the reveal, so I guess until then we will need to do without pictures (or black and white pictures).
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great idea.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69629 posts
Member since Apr 2001
A few shots from today's feed for those who couldn't watch:
Till after the reveal--and some real pics can be posted.
I think this is Karen (t-shirts) saying hi to everyone in the live chat. (correct me if I am wrong plz) There were over 60 ppl logged in about that time.

Not sure who this is

The troops have to eat sometime.

Tyler Shipman right after he spoke with Hulki in Iraq.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-21-2009).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69629 posts
Member since Apr 2001
For the build team--here's what's supporting ya. approx 2pm central time--and I think I chopped a few names off by accident..

For TFG! This will teach ya to talk trash to a young one!

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-21-2009).]

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, Thanks Mary Jane.

Brad
USFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
could we see some color pics here please?
zigaroo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The color of the car is actually a secret at the moment.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Color pic:

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Watching the event unfold today really blew me away, which lead me to create this:

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,

Where can I donate? This is such a heart warming human act of kindness you all are doing and I really want to help.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sofa King:

All,

Where can I donate? This is such a heart warming human act of kindness you all are doing and I really want to help.

At this stage of the game, as the build is nearly done AFAIK, and the 3.4 swap is said to be fully taken care of, I suggest donating at
http://www.tylerstoy.com/
There's a donate link there on the lower left for paypal to danate directly to the Shipman's--Tyler, family etc.

PFF
System Bot
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh yeah, don't spoil any suprizes, but there was a whole bunch of donated stuff to the left of the web cam, and I'm sure there are things that could be shown - like Pontiac Kid installing the starter...
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry--i had to--the debil made me do it.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-22-2009).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69629 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Early Sat Morning:

around noon

Sun Morn
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pics from Tylerstoy chat. Thank you very much sk8ergirl for taking these.

Brad

[This message has been edited by twofatguys (edited 11-22-2009).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan, did you by any chance see and even better capture the walk around they did this morning? I missed it.

\/\/
Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a screenshot of the last frame of the walkaround.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wonderful show, wonderful pictures, amazing event all around. Everyone should be proud.

------------------
1988 GT

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Vernon8360

1106 posts
Member since Feb 2008
The last photo posted, not of the video of the finished car.....all of the Fieros parked outside; where did they come from? Local owners or from the Out of Town Dream Team?

------------------
1988 GT

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe they are the dream team

Brad
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

The last photo posted, not of the video of the finished car.....all of the Fieros parked outside; where did they come from? Local owners or from the Out of Town Dream Team?

Build Team I think, and maybe JSocha, who logged on late last night and was gonna dust off his GT to make down to Frazee this morning

PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pics from GIGGY (Dane Gigstead) a family member or friend of Tyler?

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. Who drove the greatest distance? And how many are "missing" parts now? LOL

------------------
1988 GT

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From the left:
Black 85 GT is KEV's (Kevin - Currnet Pres of MFF)
Red/Primer SE is Synthesis (Chris - you all know him)
Blue GT is Pete Grosz's (former Pres & founder of MFF)
Not sure on the 2 silver notchies
Red GT I believe is Carbon's (Nick Laffen of Jordan, MN)
White Formula is GT Geff (Jeff Wendt - former Pres of MFF & Owner of the Stinger)

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 11-22-2009).]

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heres pics from the other thread I posted

Random Girl

PK Beer

PK Solonoid Dmg...

PK Wave

PK Peace dude

Random Pic

Someone waving

Found the missing switch, and PK calling someone a tard for sitting on it

Another PK Pic

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Two Classic Pics....

PK86 Gets Kicked for breaking the starter solonoid

Someone Duct taped PK86's mouth Screen shot

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.startribune.com/...6062.html?page=1&c=y

Newspaper story, very well written.

Brad
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Watching the event unfold today really blew me away, which lead me to create this:

That would be great on a plaque.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone post a picture of plaque that was presented? I never saved the link

\/\/

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 11-22-2009).]

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Gilder.

Brad
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice !
PFF
System Bot
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish I could have been there to help out but I have been traveling for work pretty much since the 14th.

What you all have come to gether to accomplish is remarkable. It is something that you all can be proud of for the rest of your lives. My hat is off to all of you. You are a group who says that you care and then backs it up with action. I am especially proud to be a Fiero owner today.

Please post more photos. Somebody please post a video of the reveal if Tyler hasn't seen it yet.

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car looks amazing!!!!!

That new color sure makes his wheels look great. You guys are all my heros, thanks for making Tyler's dream a reality.

-Chris

------------------

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great job you guys on the car. I wish I could have been there but I have two boys here that I have to take care of. You guys rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
1986 Fiero GT 1992 Subaru SVX 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Job to everyone evolved in this project, you have a lot to be proud of!!!!

Tyler, Best Wishes extended and Happy Cruising!!!

Tom

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those interested. I posted pictures of the plaque that was presented to Tyler yesterday during the build. I started a thread where members can post their thanks to Sam Shepard. I am going to forward a link to Sam who did the actual fabrication for me.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078512.html

\/\/
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent build project. I was happy to be part of the support to "The Tyler Project" .

http://www.fastfieros.com
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The folowing are thanks to lynxermom, and can be viewed at
http://milus.smugmug.com/Ho...pEBB#720756794_AfW76

[This message has been edited by twofatguys (edited 11-22-2009).]

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

twofatguys

16465 posts
Member since Jul 2004

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

twofatguys

16465 posts
Member since Jul 2004

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave