Started on: 11-21-2009 02:36 AM
Replies: 193 (13645 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 08-01-2012 09:16 AM
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

She said more are being uploaded, I will keep checking so people don't have to click all over the place.

Brad
IP: Logged
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got these through email.

Please find attached a few pictures I took this morning as Tyler got to drive his Car. What a Wonderful thing you have done!!!! Thank You!

Ted Anderson
Frazee, MN

86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NICE JOB GUYS!!!

Steve
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

twofatguys

16465 posts
Member since Jul 2004

kyunderdawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OUTSTANDING!!!! I just don't have the words to say.

HERO'S, EACH AND EVERYONE

Much respect goes out to you all.

Paul

P.S. MORE PICS
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

twofatguys

16465 posts
Member since Jul 2004

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love it!
this is why I love the people that own and work on Fieros. when one needs it we all come together to help.
my hat is off to all involved, the car came together great for a great cause.
Overhaulin done Fiero style
D.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Give me a few minutes and I will put a video up here .

Brad
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
::sniff::

You guys are just pure awesome!!

God Bless you all!!

And a special thanks to Tyler and his family. You may not realize it, but you gave us all a very special gift.

-Chris
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This pic was taken at approx 9:40 am today

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
If i remember right in my sleep deprived head, this would have been about 6 or 7 am today

Make that yes...7 am

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-22-2009).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
After the reveal and having driven it, Tyler !
Priceless!!!

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.caringbridge.org.../tylershipman/photos

There are more pictures from today under page 3

Brad

[This message has been edited by twofatguys (edited 11-22-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

First a big thank you to all those who participated. This is still the greatest, most compassionate country in the world despite all our flaws.

Secondly a Huge congratulations to Tyler ! Wow what an awesome ride. i would probably just sit and stare at it for hours on end. Enjoy that sucker till the wheels fall off !

Finally i recongnize a few faces like Kev, and pontiac kid, but i would love to sse some pennocks names put to the faces in the pictures.

Again overall great job,...and Tyler you sir have just been overhauled,...Pennocks style !
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Overhauling has nothing on you guys! A huge enthusiastic round of applause.

Enjoy your ride. Our hearts and lead "feet" go out to you Tyler!

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 11-22-2009).]

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did Tyler pick out the color? If so, he has great taste

------------------

Self Installed Intercooled SC3800 II/III w/getrag. 19's with 13" Brakes on all 4 corners. 4 years in Avionics & 14 years in Car Electronics Experience.

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not mine, i believe it is 87antuzzi's (None are mine, I wasn't there.)

Brad
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm impressed and proud of all participants! And excellent choice of color!
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to thank all on who helped make this possible. This act goes beyond words and quite frankly, in my opinion, make this MORE than just a car "club" or Forum. We are past that now. How did Lance Armstrong put it.... "It's not about the bike".... well in our case, "it's not about the car".

My hope is that Tyler gets to enjoy his car as long as possible.

Too many people to thank... but they all deserve it.

I am very PROUD to consider myself apart of this Fiero Comunnity.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

[This message has been edited by R Runner (edited 11-22-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday and last night was like watching a once in a lifetime superbowl. I still can't get over it. That build could NOT have been easy.
This was around midnight--a little after maybe. You can see the fatigue and stress beginning to show a little. Weight of the world maybe? \/ \/

For a lot of us, this build portion only started when they got the streaming video and chat running Friday, but ya gotta keep in mind, the guys closely involved, (including Hulki in Iraq) have been spending a LOT of long hrs in the 2 weeks leading up to this weekend, so they were already pretty tired when they arrived in Frazee. I've physically been in these type situations myself, working weeks on end with no days off-18 hr days, so I knew how it would go. (I once did 62 days straight 18 hrs/day + with no days off--I don't even want to describe my Vietnam days here) You can get thru the 1st 18 hrs or so on adrenalin, and coffee, but it starts taking a toll after that. What we all have to remember, is that we at PFF, took this on as a group, but the guys there on site, are the ones that had the pressure on them, and there was really a bit of risk here. Half the world it seemed was watching and listening and Chris and that team had their job cut out, even if everything went perfectly--and it didn't go perfectly of course. Obviously, there was the clock and rollout deadline they were fighting. It was cold. Walking around on concrete wears you out. A late Fri night took away a little chance they had for rest between travel and the start of the build Sat morning. Unfamilar surroundings, parts stores 40 miles away in the middle of the night, without most of thier own personal tools all added up to a really big challenge--physically, mentally, and of course emotionally. (There's another aspect as well, I want to throw at PFF in another thread or post, but it's one not to be ignored.)

PFF's small representative group on site made me extremely proud, but so did all you guys and girls that hung in there all day & nite cheering them on. I saw usernames I knew from everyday, but also some I haven't seen in a very long time. It was really great to see and be a part of. I really want to thank Daneyl, Fiero Rumor, and Cliff Pennock and any other IT types that dropped in and contributed--for their efforts in keeping things going during the wee hours of Sun morning, when the chat/video started having problems we should have never ever seen happen under these circumstances.

I could not hear the audio at all (just indestinguishable sounds), nor really view any video (dialup-with no hope of getting hi-speed anytime soon), but I could keep pretty much abreast of things just from the comments in chat. For you guys that kept me clued in--THANKS!!

And DIY_Stu--can't thank you enough!!--you know what for.

Hulki--well--what can any of us say about you? You--over there-in Iraq--WOW!
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone notice all of the signatures?

Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is just so cool.

I agree with RRunner. This has to be the most compassionate car community on the web, and if it had been any other car, I don't think this might have been possible.
Everyone involved in this really needs to give themselves a hand. It's much deserved.

I'm still amazed. This is incredible.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did anyone notice all of the signatures?

Not yet, still looking at them as they come in. Just haven't seen them all but we heard about the sigs--a very nice touch.
(did PK spell his name right?)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-23-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bedtime photo bump...

Enjoy the signatures...

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, what an amazing story! I just learned about this an hour ago from mike gonzalez, man I wish I would've been checking up on PFF more! You guys did something amazing this weekend, and I wish I could've been there, but it looks like you did alright without me. Great job everyone, I used to think this forum was all about cars, now I know it's more than that!
RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a great act of love and kindness to all that gave of their time, money and talent to pull this all together!

KUDOS TO ALL.

Even though I do not know Tyler my prayer is that God would work a miracle in his life!

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RUNDLC, I am glad you saw this. Its a great story.

So now I must ask, who's idea was it to paint the spoiler black, was that Tylers idea? Who ever thought it up I think it looks great!! What a great looking car.
JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't know if this has been posted:

WDAY6 - Fargo, ND:

WDAY 6 NEWS

Pontiac Fiero Lovers Help Frazee Teen With Terminal Cancer

I was unable to get the video feed to work, from tonight's (11-22-09) NEWS Broadcast on WDAY6.

Nothing on KVLY TV11's news KVLY TV11 was posted, as there was for Saturday, which has already been posted.

------------------

"The PRE10DR"

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Plaque bump

For those interested. I posted pictures of the plaque that was presented to Tyler yesterday during the build. I started a thread where members can post their thanks to Sam Shepard. I am going to forward a link to Sam who did the actual fabrication for me.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078512.html

\/\/

PFF
System Bot
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After seeing the pics, live stream and reading Tyler's story, I was wondering if he would have the strength to drive it (no power steering and all) I'm sure the adrenaline (We Drive Excitement after all) was the kicker. As said over and over, an Awesome gift. I'm sorry all I could do was kick in a few pennies.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another found on Facebook

I put four short video's together from the unveiling, and posted them to youtube.

Thanks again Mr. G

Brad
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
News Story:
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

From the left:
Black 85 GT is KEV's (Kevin - Currnet Pres of MFF)
Red/Primer SE is Synthesis (Chris - you all know him)
Blue GT is Pete Grosz's (former Pres & founder of MFF)
Not sure on the 2 silver notchies
Red GT I believe is Carbon's (Nick Laffen of Jordan, MN)
White Formula is GT Geff (Jeff Wendt - former Pres of MFF & Owner of the Stinger)

The two silver notchies belong to Gravatic Anomaly and 2.5
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

The two silver notchies belong to Gravatic Anomaly and 2.5

No. The 88 Coupe style body belongs to an older gentleman who lives up that way. He makes his runs down to the MFF club meetings once in a while.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

For a lot of us, this build portion only started when they got the streaming video and chat running Friday, but ya gotta keep in mind, the guys closely involved, (including Hulki in Iraq) have been spending a LOT of long hrs in the 2 weeks leading up to this weekend, so they were already pretty tired when they arrived in Frazee. I've physically been in these type situations myself, working weeks on end with no days off-18 hr days, so I knew how it would go. (I once did 62 days straight 18 hrs/day + with no days off--I don't even want to describe my Vietnam days here) You can get thru the 1st 18 hrs or so on adrenalin, and coffee, but it starts taking a toll after that. What we all have to remember, is that we at PFF, took this on as a group, but the guys there on site, are the ones that had the pressure on them, and there was really a bit of risk here. Half the world it seemed was watching and listening and Chris and that team had their job cut out, even if everything went perfectly--and it didn't go perfectly of course. Obviously, there was the clock and rollout deadline they were fighting. It was cold. Walking around on concrete wears you out. A late Fri night took away a little chance they had for rest between travel and the start of the build Sat morning. Unfamilar surroundings, parts stores 40 miles away in the middle of the night, without most of thier own personal tools all added up to a really big challenge--physically, mentally, and of course emotionally. (There's another aspect as well, I want to throw at PFF in another thread or post, but it's one not to be ignored.)

I have to admit that there was point at about 4AM when we couldn't get the engine started and it was showing no signs of life, at all. After trying to get the engine going for over 3 hours after it was thought to be all back together... that every one kind of got quiet and sat down and just stared at the car... that was not a good feeling. But then someone said "try it again" and still just nothing but the starter spinning the engine. Then someone mentioned "is the tach even moving?" Huh... "no..." KEV and Antuzzi scoot over to the car and lo and behold one of the connectors for the ignition control module was hanging down, not plugged in. "Hit it again!!!" VROOOOM!!!!! Sputter, cough cough. "!@$%&!!!" "Hey the other one's loose, there... again!" And the thing ran like a top. I cannot describe to you the tension release at that moment. And also the realization that a lot of time was used to find that simple problem, becuase we were getting fried, and then the race was back on to get the car on the ground and buttoned up.

I still cannot thank you guys enough for having the chance to be a part of something like this. I know I got a little pissy while I was trying to recalibrate all the gauges and couldn't find what I needed and was freaking out that the gauges were not going to work right, I am sorry about that, but also thanks to those who interrupted what they were doing to help me out. And then the temp gauge need fell off during the reveal.... sigh. Fixed that afterwards. Nothing like being tired and having to do rework, a lot of what drove us the night before had worn off without sleep, but the car is back together and fully functional after the gauge SNAFU, the loose coolant hose clamp letting the car bleed out and the headlight motors giving Fred one last fight... Not bad for a 24 hour marathon build, we still win

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 11-23-2009).]

Island Cat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Island CatSend a Private Message to Island CatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hats off to everyone who made Tyler's wish come true! I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who put forth your time, money, equipment, support and love. Seeing Tyler's face on those pictures makes everything worth it. Until the bitterness comes, I will focus on the sweet. Thank you everyone!
Fieronum6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieronum6Send a Private Message to Fieronum6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This right here is the only thing that will ever make me miss MN. You guys are the best. Wish I could have been there. ~nish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Not mine, i believe it is 87antuzzi's (None are mine, I wasn't there.)

Brad

NICE VID!

Yeah Brad but you are helping by doing what you are doing now, +++
We know we all wanted to be there!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors