Started on: 02-17-2008 01:57 PM
Replies: 343 (31154 views)
Last post by: Sage on 10-05-2017 09:48 PM
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

It's looking gorgeous so far. If you really are strapped for space, I have a server I use for damn near nothing these days. I've got no problem with hosting a bunch of images for this beauty.

I think I should be ok. What I changed was the size of my photos. The camera was taking 8mp pictures so I lowered the setting to 3.
IP: Logged
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMSA GT

10251 posts
Member since Aug 2007
On another note, here is the taillight section sitting over my light box. I still need to remove some of the black laminate from the inside portions but they look almost stock......with a twist

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-22-2009 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work!
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

On another note, here is the taillight section sitting over my light box. I still need to remove some of the black laminate from the inside portions but they look almost stock......with a twist

Dude, your killing me this looks fantastic!!!!! All IMSA fieros need a set of the now official IMSA tail lights. I have a bran new set still in the box from GM, when should I send them to you for modification.
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh I'd kill for a set of these.
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They look great!

Please forgive my ignorance, but what gives the letters the red color?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

They look great!

Please forgive my ignorance, but what gives the letters the red color?

I just put the stock red plastic light filters behind the lenses. They are inside of your GT tail lights. If you remove them than you will have a white "Pontiac"
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2009 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

Joe
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, bump....... any installed tail lights pics?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing yet. Still finishing up the little details. One major update should be pretty soon.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Seriously, this looks GREAT!
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just another teaser before next weekend when the paint will be completely done. I still have to paint the vents white, paint the quarter window trim that fits around the backside of the windows in black, finish the silver stripe that wraps around the right side of the car and maybe add a few more logos this week. I will be clearing the entire car this Friday. Then, I start on the interior which will either follow the entire theme of the car or I may just do everything in black with red accent pinstriping on some select parts....we shall see.

86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yay! An Update!

I love this car
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking great!!!

<---PS I am back.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Looking great!!!

<---PS I am back.

Finally.....and I can say finally to these updates also I have been working my ass off to get this all prepped and ready for clearcoat on Friday.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2009 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice project...can't wait to see the finished photos
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You do know tomorrow is Friday right??
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You do know tomorrow is Friday right??

Been up since 3:30am getting ready
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Been up since 3:30am getting ready

And the world waits.

Joe
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Indeed, we are trying to be patient!! LoL!!
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still painting......the part that is killing me is all the little stuff that needs to be painted.............grilles, vents, quarter window surround, moldings, side markers, door handles etc.....

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 04-18-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
winger1955

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for winger1955Send a Private Message to winger1955Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you have an awesome car build. love everything you have done to it. makes me happy to see someone so dedicated to a car like yours. keep it up friend...!
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, my day just got screwed. My wonderful neighbor decided to stop by and tell me how nice the toxic fumes were in her bathroom from my painting yesterday. I live in a split level duplex and apparently, the fumes were going from my garage through an opening in the ceiling and in to her bathroom. The problem is that she is in her 80's so I have to respect that. In order to finish the paint job, I have to tarp my entire ceiling and walls to seal the garage off. I cannot paint until this is done so I am screwed

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sucks, how much progress did you get done? I would say few clear painter traps would do the trick.

Any photos?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That sucks, how much progress did you get done? I would say few clear painter traps would do the trick.

Any photos?

To tell you the truth, I am pissed beyond belief right now. I had the car dismantled for the clear and now I may just say screw it and put it back together. Once the garage has been sealed off, I will just spray everything panel-on. I will post pictures later but they won't really look all that new to the forum.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To tell you the truth, I am pissed beyond belief right now. I had the car dismantled for the clear and now I may just say screw it and put it back together. Once the garage has been sealed off, I will just spray everything panel-on. I will post pictures later but they won't really look all that new to the forum.

For what is worth, you have came way to far to cut a corner now. I think your plan to paint the parts disassembled is the right way to do it. Maybe you should just clear a few panels at a time until your done. I know it would take longer, buts its probably the right way to do it.

Also I have a friend with a spray booth up here in Sacramento. So if you could get the car here, we could paint it in there. I know that probably wont work, but it is an option.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For what is worth, you have came way to far to cut a corner now. I think your plan to paint the parts disassembled is the right way to do it. Maybe you should just clear a few panels at a time until your done. I know it would take longer, buts its probably the right way to do it.

Also I have a friend with a spray booth up here in Sacramento. So if you could get the car here, we could paint it in there. I know that probably wont work, but it is an option.

My big issue is that my other garage is occupied with another project that I am painting so I cannot use it for the clear. I will still do a panel off job but I have to take care of the garage issue first. I'll post temporary pics in a minute.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMSA GT

10251 posts
Member since Aug 2007
Alright, here are a few pics with the car temporarily assembled. The first is just a quick look at my removable mirrors since I now have removable door skins. Again, the gasket is not in place, just the mirror.

The rest are all self explanatory. No wheels yet and again, just the basecoat. You can see where I wetsanded in front of the number 55....again, sorry about the delay guys but I had those unforseen circumstances.
The good news is that I guess this gives me more time to add a few more logos to the car.

Slowly but surely....starting to look like the original

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks amazing!!
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great job !

May I ask, what are you going to do to make sure the clear sticks to the basecoat ?

I know that you normaly have to spray the clear withing a centain time frame, otherwise it might peel later.

Keep up the good work.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Great job !

May I ask, what are you going to do to make sure the clear sticks to the basecoat ?

I know that you normaly have to spray the clear withing a centain time frame, otherwise it might peel later.

Keep up the good work.

Thats why I am a little annoyed right now. I had just wetsanded the car down to get it ready for the clear when this issue came up. Now, I have to wetsand it again very carefully to not sand through the basecoat.
PFF
System Bot
Fierostarvin

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierostarvinSend a Private Message to FierostarvinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Buy the ole gal a weekend at a spa and send her off while you paint.
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierostarvin:

Buy the ole gal a weekend at a spa and send her off while you paint.

LMAO, that's actually a brilliant idea!
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Garage is done. Clear will be going on either this weekend or next.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!!

I have been working in Salt Lake City, Utah, and I had to drive past the Bonneville Salt Flats. I was thinking how great your car would look flying across the salt. I know its not exactly the racing its was made for. But man it would look sweet!!
I took these photos today.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 05-08-2009).]

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Delorian.... No that car would look it's best at my house. No if's and's or but's about it. Mine mine mine. Love it man great Great GREAT job on it.
ambfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ambfieroSend a Private Message to ambfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
adding to my favorites

------------------
In loving memory of Harold Hummel (PFF 4WHEEL)
1936-2004

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2009 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates on this project? Hope you got the issue worked out with the neighbor so you could spray the clear coat. Can't wait to see it finished.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2009 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally an update............So the latest update is my neighbor MOVED OUT

Now I can finish this damned car. It has been so long since I touched this car that I had to go over the whole scheme to remember what I had planned. About 2 hours ago, I started to paint the 3 logos for the roof camera. When the camera pans it always has one of the logos in its sight, like nascar, as well as the scenery.

......and doing a little touch up on the white.

More to come
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2009 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tonight, I had to mix up a different color for the Goodyear logo and spray them on

I also decided to add a newer aspect to the car with the Discovery Channel logo. Here it is with just a intercoat clearcoat and the globe not completed. That will be my next task.....create a realistic looking earth like looking at it from outer space.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock