Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Finale Roadster, The Build (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Finale Roadster, The Build by Archie
Started on: 08-17-2004 11:13 PM
Replies: 486 (61646 views)
Last post by: Hulki U. My-BFF on 10-19-2009 01:23 PM
Crow

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrowSend a Private Message to CrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about cutting down the windshield down speedster style.
IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Crow:

How about cutting down the windshield down speedster style.

What we are working on here is an option for people who would consider the Fino/Finale body kits. This Spyder option will give people who are interested in the Fino/Finale body kits an option to buy them with the Spyder option. As you may know the Fino/Finale kits do not replace the original windshield or windshield framework.

I agree that cutting down the windshield could be something that some people might think would look good on the Fino/Finale Spyder. I, personally will not be cutting down the windshield on this particular car.

The process of cutting down the windshield is not one that would be exclusive to the Fino/Finale. As you know it is something that could be done to a stock Fiero that has been made into a roadster. As such it is not something that must be tied into this particular build.

I hope that answers your question.

Archie

------------------

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-17-2004).]

stalen88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stalen88GTSend a Private Message to stalen88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been following this thread for a while and I just want to see some final pix of fino/finale. I do realize perfection takes time, but I am certainly watching you. I have another question for you ARCHIE, are you "mighty mouse" on the Lt-1 http://lt1tech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi forum?
Galen
EDIT: to put in archie's name and link
------------------
Make it FAST or don't make it
LITTLE RED BOMB
www.velocityaircraft.com

[This message has been edited by stalen88GT (edited 10-17-2004).]

KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you should cut out more of the roof section to make it look about the width of the pillars

Kyle

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stalen88GT:

I have been following this thread for a while and I just want to see some final pix of fino/finale. I do realize perfection takes time, but I am certainly watching you. I have another question for you ARCHIE, are you "mighty mouse" on the Lt-1 http://lt1tech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi forum?
Galen
EDIT: to put in archie's name and link

There are some pics of the Finale & Fino on my web site http://www.v8archie.com/finale.htm & http://www.v8archie.com/fino.htm

I think I'm Archie on that Forum, but I don't think I've ever posted.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by KRMFiero:

I think you should cut out more of the roof section to make it look about the width of the pillars

Kyle

Originally posted by Archie:

I have several pictures of it I'm going to post up tonight, but before I do that I want everyone to know that the car is not done yet. I know it needs to be lowered, I know it needs a wheel alignment, I know the header at the top of the windshield is not done yet.
Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-17-2004).]

edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by edhering:

If you put a high wing on that car, it will look like a SHOPPING CART

...in fact a lot of cars with high wings look like shopping carts to me anyway but it would be worse with a roof-less car.

I think "no wing" could work but it depends on the slope of the decklid.

Ed

Edit: Here's a half-mule image with the spoiler blanked out. I also trimmed the corner of the quarter panel to improve the look of that area, as just removing the spoiler doesn't look very good.

I just realized that looks kind of like a TR-7 or TR-8....

Ed

EDIT: stupid spelling.

[This message has been edited by edhering (edited 10-17-2004).]

stalen88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stalen88GTSend a Private Message to stalen88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seeings how this is a popular thread that I am tracking I will try my new sig here. Hope it works.
Galen

------------------
Make it FAST or don't make it :)

LITTLE RED BOMB
www.velocityaircraft.com

LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
extremeintrepid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for extremeintrepidClick Here to visit extremeintrepid's HomePageSend a Private Message to extremeintrepidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man this is SICK!!! Archie, I grew up in body-shops and have yet to meet anyone with the skills you have shown. That is OUTSTANDING.

I will hold off on ordering the Interior kit I want so you can finish the Spyder.

------------------
Something Witty.

1984 2M4 Red
1984 2M4 Purple/Green(Now a parts car)
1985 2M4 (parts car)
http://xtremeintrepid.home.mchsi.com

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay Archie, you should have the car registered, painted, polished, and a couple of speeding tickets by now. Don't
make me fly out there (too cold).;D
PFF
System Bot
Fiero38SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stalen88GT:

I will try my new sig here. Hope it works.
Galen

It works, but it is too big. It should be about six (6) lines.

------------------

85 SE 2M6 "Fiero Addiction"

[This message has been edited by Fiero38SC (edited 10-25-2004).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

Okay Archie, you should have the car registered, painted, polished, and a couple of speeding tickets by now. Don't
make me fly out there (too cold).;D

We've been working on Curley's Chop Top for the last 10 days & have done very little to the Spyder.

Archie

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car is even more impressive in person......even in it's current state.

I can't wait to see this thing done.

Mark
Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We've been working on Curley's Chop Top for the last 10 days & have done very little to the Spyder.

Archie

Jeez, Curls...don't ya think you could have done it another time? LOL just kiddin' man, I guarantee both of these (Curl's new creation and the Spyder) are going to be OVER THE TOP.

------------------

vamper68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vamper68Send a Private Message to vamper68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
archie do you mind if people stop by your shop just too look cause im less than a hour away and its about 5 mins from family and i would like to see this spyder kit she is looking great and i would like to get a closer look. Also do you shave door handles their i have seen your yellow fiero with the suicide doors and you did a nice job just wondering what a price on that would be with suicide doors and with out.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vamper68:

archie do you mind if people stop by your shop just too look cause im less than a hour away and its about 5 mins from family and i would like to see this spyder kit she is looking great and i would like to get a closer look. Also do you shave door handles their i have seen your yellow fiero with the suicide doors and you did a nice job just wondering what a price on that would be with suicide doors and with out.

You're welcome to stop by the shop for a look. I'd recommend that you call a day before your visit just to make sure I'm going to be there.

I see you're from Belvidere, I'm now living in Love's Park & I drive thru Belvidere everyday. I'm looking to move my shop to the Belvidere area before the 1st of the year & I'm looking for a shop in your area. If you know of something in your area, let me know.

Archie

vamper68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vamper68Send a Private Message to vamper68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i am not sure off hand if belvidere has any shops but i will keep a close eye on things and get back to you what kind of shop are you looking for size features ect. i am loosely related to the sipes in belvidere area and they have like 5 shops around here so i may have a hand up on any info. also depending on how everything goes if you move to belvidere consider my application first. But please dont steal all the fieros in town i have my eye on one that is lost to the world in decent condition but dont have the extra cash for it right now. lol. if you need more info get to me on the forum or at vamperalmighty@yahoo.com

belvidere im sure would be more than happy to see a great buisness in the area

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2004 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
B U M P
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same as above post.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
... just wanted to check and see if you noticed my photoshop on page 6 Archie... was that what you were looking for?
PFF
System Bot
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
Zaptoman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZaptomanSend a Private Message to ZaptomanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*bump*
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2004 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
O K Archie enough is enough. You MUST be doing something on the car these past few days, so how about the latest pic?
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2004 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie is out in Vegas this week at the SEMA show. He isn't at the shop.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's up?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2004 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

What's up?

We're loaded up with customer cars & as you know the customer cars take priority at our place.

We hope to get 10 to 15 hours in on the project this week. Then next week I have a body guy going to come in to get it ready to pull molds off of.

Archie

YellowRooster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2004 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowRoosterSend a Private Message to YellowRoosterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin sweet Archie, keep up the good work
grgoyl86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2004 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grgoyl86Send a Private Message to grgoyl86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see this one. Will it be at Carlisle 2005?
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2004 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2004 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
friendly bump

------------------
1988 Aero 88 coupe.. 2.8l v6.. more mods to come.
Photo Gallery - Fiero Links - WebShop

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2004 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are still real busy at the shop but we did get the Spyder over to our Fiberglass shop several days ago. Refining the Waterfall and decklid areas. Then we'll be takeing the molds off of it.

You can bet that this thing will be at Carlisle.

Archie

Originally posted by grgoyl86:

Can't wait to see this one. Will it be at Carlisle 2005?

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything new..??

------------------
----just me----

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, It appears that all of the interior & exterior details will be about done by Monday. I took some pics of it today but if you saw them you'd think that we had actually gone backward.

We figure to have everything ready to begin pulling the molds next Tuesday.

I'll take pics before we pull the molds.

Archie

ato4life

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ato4lifeSend a Private Message to ato4lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow is all i have to say. So when do you think you will have it all done? Are you going to bring it to the Crystal Lake Crusie Nights at all if so i hope i make it to that one.
ShaddowGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShaddowGtSend a Private Message to ShaddowGtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
havent read the whole thread, so i dunno if anyone has said this, but since u have the molds now, u should lay the windsheild back like you do on the chops, that would look sick
malacite

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for malaciteSend a Private Message to malaciteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ShaddowGt:

havent read the whole thread, so i dunno if anyone has said this, but since u have the molds now, u should lay the windsheild back like you do on the chops, that would look sick

been said. archie explained it as since this is intened to be built as a kit, and the kit would not include a laid back windsheild he didn't see the need to lay back the sheild on this perticular car.

on the wind issue, i say low wing, over the high wing.

and here's my idea on the name:

Pegasus Finale Feroce

i know it's a mouthful but it's the only way i could work in the PFF connection without it sounding lame. (oh cliff, why couldn't you have used just a smidgen of foresight and named the forum something easier to work with. why? WHY?)

and archie. you are a fiero god i'd give my right arm to be able to work for you. heck, id give both of them. but i guess at that point it wouldn't matter much.

archie: can you help me move this decklid?
malacite: *sniffles* no *runs away crying*

keep up the awesome work.

------------------

car destroyed by charley, then again by francis
seeking automatic aero-notchie for 3.4 carb swap.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by malacite:

archie: can you help me move this decklid?
malacite: *sniffles* no *runs away crying*

ROFLMAO

Some of you people are crazy, the rest of you are just nuts.

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ROFLMAO

do I sense some jealousy?

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2004 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ROFLMAO

I think you fit in there somewhere also...
edit post #3300
------------------
"EuroSmooth Fiberglass Products"
Side Skirts

~GTStyle(Feb. 15th hopefully)
~Coupe Style (March 15th hopefully)
Sidescoops
~A.K.Plasma (March 1st hopefully)

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 12-21-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock