Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  300WHP Supernatural 3.XX Coming Soon! (Page 12)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
300WHP Supernatural 3.XX Coming Soon! by La fiera
Started on: 01-01-2018 09:47 PM
Replies: 460 (13468 views)
Last post by: Will on 09-10-2021 10:34 PM
Blacktree
Member
Posts: 20697
From: Central Florida
Registered: Dec 2001


Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2021 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageClick Here to Email BlacktreeSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's messed up. But yeah, it's amazing the thing held together that long.
IP: Logged
La fiera
Member
Posts: 1860
From: Mooresville, NC
Registered: Jun 2008


Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2021 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New "right" adapter is in place.


4 quarts of mineral high quality-high ZDDP-Molly oil to finish the piston rings breaking process.
IP: Logged
Will
Member
Posts: 13908
From: Where you least expect me
Registered: Jun 2000


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2021 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillClick Here to Email WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOOOO0OOOOOOT
IP: Logged
La fiera
Member
Posts: 1860
From: Mooresville, NC
Registered: Jun 2008


Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2021 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
Will
Member
Posts: 13908
From: Where you least expect me
Registered: Jun 2000


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2021 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillClick Here to Email WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BLING!
IP: Logged
La fiera
Member
Posts: 1860
From: Mooresville, NC
Registered: Jun 2008


Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2021 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://youtu.be/HjsCYA20rhk

I've been working on making the exhaust more efficient, here it is!
IP: Logged
Will
Member
Posts: 13908
From: Where you least expect me
Registered: Jun 2000


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2021 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillClick Here to Email WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by La fiera:

https://youtu.be/HjsCYA20rhk

I've been working on making the exhaust more efficient, here it is!


Got a bit to overcome with that port spacing. What are those headers originally from?
IP: Logged
La fiera
Member
Posts: 1860
From: Mooresville, NC
Registered: Jun 2008


Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2021 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Will:


Got a bit to overcome with that port spacing. What are those headers originally from?


Not really, a bit of fabricarion will take care of that.
I went fishing and found these! Why should I give them the fish when I just showed them how to fish?
Let them gain their dignity by doing the homework!
This freaking generation wants everyting easy without puttting effort!
IP: Logged
claude dalpe
Member
Posts: 94
From: montreal,quebec,canada
Registered: Feb 2009


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2021 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for claude dalpeClick Here to Email claude dalpeSend a Private Message to claude dalpeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really well said Rei !
IP: Logged
Daryl M
Member
Posts: 614
From: Wittmann, Arizona, USA
Registered: Aug 2016


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2021 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daryl MClick Here to Email Daryl MSend a Private Message to Daryl MEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by La fiera:


Not really, a bit of fabricarion will take care of that.
I went fishing and found these! Why should I give them the fish when I just showed them how to fish?
Let them gain their dignity by doing the homework!
This freaking generation wants everyting easy without puttting effort!


Fabrication is becoming a lost art. What ever happened to "make it yourself?"
IP: Logged
ericjon262
Member
Posts: 2862
From: everywhere.
Registered: Jan 2010


Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2021 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by La fiera:


Not really, a bit of fabricarion will take care of that.
I went fishing and found these! Why should I give them the fish when I just showed them how to fish?
Let them gain their dignity by doing the homework!
This freaking generation wants everyting easy without puttting effort!





really? which generation does the almighty La fiera belong? how about everyone else on here?

------------------
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

cognita semper

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
La fiera
Member
Posts: 1860
From: Mooresville, NC
Registered: Jun 2008


Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Daryl M:


Fabrication is becoming a lost art. What ever happened to "make it yourself?"


That's what I meant!


IP: Logged
La fiera
Member
Posts: 1860
From: Mooresville, NC
Registered: Jun 2008


Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by ericjon262:


really? which generation does the almighty La fiera belong? how about everyone else on here?



I'm sorry but I think you misunderstood the statement. I'm an imperfect human just like everyone else.
What I meant was that this generation of hot rodders wants to achieve their goal without doing homework and not taking the time to research and develop systems.
They just ask around or copy whatever everyone else is doing. When they fail to achieve that goal and someone else comes along and does better than them they question the validity of his results.
Why? "Because I tried and couldn't do it" is their argument.
I'm doing the same thing that Will, Patrick, Lou Dias and yourself are doing; putting a lot of effort on ideas to make our projects more efficient. We don't depend in what's available, we make our own stuff.
If we can't make it we find someone who can make our ideas a reality.

IP: Logged
Trinten
Member
Posts: 955
From: Mebane, N.C.
Registered: Sep 2008


Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by La fiera:


I'm sorry but I think you misunderstood the statement. I'm an imperfect human just like everyone else.
What I meant was that this generation of hot rodders wants to achieve their goal without doing homework and not taking the time to research and develop systems.
They just ask around or copy whatever everyone else is doing. When they fail to achieve that goal and someone else comes along and does better than them they question the validity of his results.
Why? "Because I tried and couldn't do it" is their argument.
I'm doing the same thing that Will, Patrick, Lou Dias and yourself are doing; putting a lot of effort on ideas to make our projects more efficient. We don't depend in what's available, we make our own stuff.
If we can't make it we find someone who can make our ideas a reality.


I am not ashamed to admit I can't do it myself, and I wait for people like you, Will, FieroGuru (and others) to come up with ways to make it work... and then I open my wallet.
Flip side, I am proud to say that on the rare times I've tried something and failed, I don't question those that succeed, I freely give credit where it's due and say "Cool man... I couldn't do that."

And Rei, I know you weren't taking a shot at me or guys like me, just wanted to say I knew where you were coming from, I could see how it could be perceived in other ways. Thanks for sharing your progress with us!
IP: Logged
La fiera
Member
Posts: 1860
From: Mooresville, NC
Registered: Jun 2008


Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Trinten:


I am not ashamed to admit I can't do it myself, and I wait for people like you, Will, FieroGuru (and others) to come up with ways to make it work... and then I open my wallet.
Flip side, I am proud to say that on the rare times I've tried something and failed, I don't question those that succeed, I freely give credit where it's due and say "Cool man... I couldn't do that."

And Rei, I know you weren't taking a shot at me or guys like me, just wanted to say I knew where you were coming from, I could see how it could be perceived in other ways. Thanks for sharing your progress with us!


Thank you Vince! When you get your monster done, come up my way and I'll treat your to Burrito Loco. ONE burrito only not 2 like last time
IP: Logged
La fiera
Member
Posts: 1860
From: Mooresville, NC
Registered: Jun 2008


Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2021 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post



Supernatural 3.7L AKA The Honey Badger!
I will be out for a while due to the severity of my injury at work and I'm trying to do as much as possible before I become still. I've been working on the aero nose for a while. I would have not been able to get it right without the help from Mike AKA Blacktree. He provided the nose and hood.There's still more to come so stay tuned!
IP: Logged
Blacktree
Member
Posts: 20697
From: Central Florida
Registered: Dec 2001


Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2021 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageClick Here to Email BlacktreeSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, that front end looks familiar.

Fun fact: I did some tuft testing, with the old version and the current version of the hood vents. The old version (one big opening) created a crapload of turbulence on the hood (i.e. lots of drag). The current version created less turbulence.

I say this, because I think your original hood had a big vent on it. This new hood might reduce your aero drag a bit.
IP: Logged
Trinten
Member
Posts: 955
From: Mebane, N.C.
Registered: Sep 2008


Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2021 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Blacktree:

Hey, that front end looks familiar.

Fun fact: I did some tuft testing, with the old version and the current version of the hood vents. The old version (one big opening) created a crapload of turbulence on the hood (i.e. lots of drag). The current version created less turbulence.

I say this, because I think your original hood had a big vent on it. This new hood might reduce your aero drag a bit.


Hey Blacktree - marginally off topic but that is some good information! I take the "warber" style hoods would probably have that same turbulence? Is that what your old version was or something different? Something I might want to update in my future body mod plans. Thanks!

(sorry for the sidebar)
IP: Logged
Blacktree
Member
Posts: 20697
From: Central Florida
Registered: Dec 2001


Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2021 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageClick Here to Email BlacktreeSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The old hood vent was more aggressive than the Warber style vent. The Warber vent basically just dips into the hood a couple inches. My old vent did that, plus the leading edge was raised up a couple inches. So the opening was pretty big. A couple photos:





After some testing, I decided the opening was too large. There wasn't enough airflow thru the vent to maintain a decent airspeed. That caused a bunch of turbulence. I guess bigger isn't always better.

I should also clarify, the twin vents didn't get rid of the turbulence. But they did reduce it. If I could do it over again, I think I would reduce the height of the part that sticks up from the hood... maybe just make a lip instead of a bubble. That should reduce the turbulence some more.
IP: Logged
La fiera
Member
Posts: 1860
From: Mooresville, NC
Registered: Jun 2008


Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2021 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://youtu.be/AjDy3Va9SAA

Ignition module problem fixed now I can tune it properly!
IP: Logged
Will
Member
Posts: 13908
From: Where you least expect me
Registered: Jun 2000


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillClick Here to Email WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOoooOOO0O0o0o0OOT
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay



Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock