Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Media lies and the sheep who eat it up... (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Media lies and the sheep who eat it up... by 2.5
Started on: 03-08-2023 09:51 PM
Replies: 223 (2969 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 06-02-2023 06:44 AM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2023 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Years later, truths come out.
Purposely hidden footage, hidden evidence.
But who hears?
Who has the guts to say they were wrong?
Who learns from it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2023 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tailor-made for "Politics & Religion"... here, in "Totally O/T", this has a Fish Out Of Water vibe that I think is going to make it a hard sell, with takers few and far between. I wouldn't "bite" even at under $1 per share. I'm surprised this IPO even made it out of the gate.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-08-2023).]

jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2023 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look at that bar plunging into the red, you hate to see it.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2023 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2023 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm hardly any kind of stickler for the rules, but just out of curiosity, why here, instead of "Politics & Religion"..?

That setup isn't 100 percent Political. It's 1000 percent Political.

Aside from all that, I always like to see people jump back in after I haven't seen them here in "ages".
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2023 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will say this; Both sides (And all people- everywhere) need to be able to recognize when they have made mistakes- and then admit it.

This is called "negative feedback" and no system can run properly without it.

Neither side is practicing Negative Feedback....Everyone must march in lock-step....Sheer, complete, stu-pid-ity....
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2023 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How 'bout them Yankees?

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2023 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before Mount Rushmore was carved, it's natural beauty was unpresidented.

Most just took it for granite
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2023 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Before Mount Rushmore was carved, it's natural beauty was unpresidented.

Most just took it for granite

Hah, oh man...
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2023 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When does "2.5" unseal the envelope and reveal who are the "sheep"..?

Why do I have the feeling that "2.5" isn't among the names in the envelope?

"Have you seen this man?"

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-09-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2023 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010

Originally posted by 2.5:
But who hears?
Who has the guts to say they were wrong?
Who learns from it?

That was a great setup.

Is there a date that I could mark on my calendar to remind me to look for the punch line?

Was this Pennock's forum topic created because of the recent publicity over the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission's interest in gas-fired cooking ranges and ovens?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-09-2023).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2023 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Was there something about Todd's new Fiero we haven't been told about? Could it possibly have been previously owned by a... communist?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-10-2023).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2023 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The sad part is the total devastation of public trust in government, media, academia and institutions. Maybe it's always been like that whole time and we were all fooled and it's all indoctrination and propaganda and everyone gets hypnotized away from the truth.

If you are dumb enough like me to take red pill, its not a great feeling to know you are constantly lied too, gaslighted, punched down and constantly being berated by steamboats of agitations filled with Stasis who want nothing more to steal all of your earnings and to see you dead. It's freaking depressing.

Stay on the blue pill, I beg you. Believe everything they tell you. Follow everything they tell you. Be a good solider and follow orders. Keep being drunk and high on drugs and alcohol. Stay fat. Blame everyone else if it doesn't go right. Try to sue people into financial ruin. Put people you dislike in prison or at least ruin their reputations and financial well-being. Let the state raise your children. Again, keep drunk and high on alcohol and drugs everyday.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2023 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will the punchline = Dominion?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2023 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69629 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by Patrick:

Was there something about Todd's new Fiero we haven't been told about? Could it possibly have been previously owned by a... communist?

Only if it was the Red Commie Fiero..
(Must have been an 80s ad. I see BIG hair!)

Girl and guy walks by and she sees the car.....That ain't the original 'lookback' tho.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-10-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2023 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:
The sad part is the total devastation of public trust in government, media, academia and institutions. Maybe it's always been like that whole time and we were all fooled and it's all indoctrination and propaganda and everyone gets hypnotized away from the truth.

If you are dumb enough like me to take red pill, its not a great feeling to know you are constantly lied too, gaslighted, punched down and constantly being berated by steamboats of agitations filled with Stasis who want nothing more to steal all of your earnings and to see you dead. It's freaking depressing.

Stay on the blue pill, I beg you. Believe everything they tell you. Follow everything they tell you. Be a good solider and follow orders. Keep being drunk and high on drugs and alcohol. Stay fat. Blame everyone else if it doesn't go right. Try to sue people into financial ruin. Put people you dislike in prison or at least ruin their reputations and financial well-being. Let the state raise your children. Again, keep drunk and high on alcohol and drugs everyday.

"How America Fractured Into Four Parts"
George Packer for The Atlantic; July/August 2021.
https://www.theatlantic.com...our-americas/619012/

"Free America, Real America, Smart America and Just (as in justice) America"

It's a multi-page essay. A "read". Here's how it ends:

ALL FOUR of the narratives I’ve described emerged from America’s failure to sustain and enlarge the middle-class democracy of the postwar years. They all respond to real problems. Each offers a value that the others need and lacks ones that the others have. Free America celebrates the energy of the unencumbered individual. Smart America respects intelligence and welcomes change. Real America commits itself to a place and has a sense of limits. Just America demands a confrontation with what the others want to avoid. They rise from a single society, and even in one as polarized as ours they continually shape, absorb, and morph into one another. But their tendency is also to divide us, pitting tribe against tribe. These divisions impoverish each narrative into a cramped and ever more extreme version of itself.

All four narratives are also driven by a competition for status that generates fierce anxiety and resentment. They all anoint winners and losers. In Free America, the winners are the makers, and the losers are the takers who want to drag the rest down in perpetual dependency on a smothering government. In Smart America, the winners are the credentialed meritocrats, and the losers are the poorly educated who want to resist inevitable progress. In Real America, the winners are the hardworking folk of the white Christian heartland, and the losers are treacherous elites and contaminating others who want to destroy the country. In Just America, the winners are the marginalized groups, and the losers are the dominant groups that want to go on dominating.

I don’t much want to live in the republic of any of them.

It’s common these days to hear people talk about sick America, dying America, the end of America. The same kinds of things were said in 1861, in 1893, in 1933, and in 1968. The sickness, the death, is always a moral condition. Maybe this comes from our Puritan heritage. If we are dying, it can’t be from natural causes. It must be a prolonged act of suicide, which is a form of murder.

I don’t think we are dying. We have no choice but to live together—we’re quarantined as fellow citizens. Knowing who we are lets us see what kinds of change are possible. Countries are not social-science experiments. They have organic qualities, some positive, some destructive, that can’t be wished away. Our passion for equality, the individualism it produces, the hustle for money, the love of novelty, the attachment to democracy, the distrust of authority and intellect—these won’t disappear. A way forward that tries to evade or crush them on the road to some free, smart, real, or just utopia will never arrive and instead will run into a strong reaction. But a way forward that tries to make us Equal Americans, all with the same rights and opportunities—the only basis for shared citizenship and self-government—is a road that connects our past and our future.

Meanwhile, we remain trapped in two countries. Each one is split by two narratives—Smart and Just on one side, Free and Real on the other. Neither separation nor conquest is a tenable future. The tensions within each country will persist even as the cold civil war between them rages on.

The end is followed by this, which means it's not "actually" the end. This is the end:

This essay is adapted from George Packer’s new book, Last Best Hope: America in Crisis and Renewal. It appears in the July/August 2021 print edition [of The Atlantic] with the headline “The Four Americas.”

It's apparent that quotation marks and their analogue in the Quote format—the proverbial black text highlighted against a white background—are the Swiss Army Knife of my commentator's arsenal (such as it is).

Another commentator might say that "rinselberg is the Quotation", in the same way (this is obscure) that St Louis Cardinals radio broadcasters were saying, as recently as the 2021 MLB season, that "Matt Carpenter is the count of three and two."

It's a fact.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-10-2023).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2023 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2023 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2023 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010

I think that essay from George Packer in The Atlantic is a perfect response to Wichita's "Red Pill vs Blue Pill" remarks. I think it would be great if Wichita used my link to scroll through the essay and see if he recognizes himself, in the four narratives that George Packer describes. "Free America, Real America, Smart America and Just (as in justice) America." Or perhaps Wichita will surprise me and say that he already has some familiarity with George Packer or with that essay about the Four Americas.

As far as what I added at the end, about "rinselberg"... if that detracted (for Raydar) from what I had presented up to that point, that's misfortunate, but that last part wasn't meant as any kind of substance.

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2023 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

(Must have been an 80s ad. I see BIG hair!)

Stray Cats' "Rant n Rave", released August 1983.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2023 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

I "get" the third paragraph... the "blue pill". But I don't know how to parse the second paragraph or "red pill". Is that Wichita being "straight"..? Or is he being sarcastic? I don't know whether he is "giving no quarter" or being "too clever by half". Quarter... half... OMG! How do I come up with this stuff?

Did I say that Wichita's Red Pill vs Blue Pill remarks have prompted me to suggest this online essay? Why yes I did. Scroll back a small ways and you can see that. What I said about this essay. The essay, once again:

"Free America, Real America, Smart America and Just (as in justice) America"

"The Four Americas"

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2023 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

You know... I really do like the curves of the aero-bodied Fieros... but honestly, my favorite style has ALWAYS been the "2m" body style. Same goes for the 2nd gen Pontiac TransAm, and the Porsche 944... I prefer the bumper-pads of the 79-81 TransAm, and the bumper pads of the original 944 (non-turbo) version. Just something about that style... purposeful, utilitarian, but still sleek and stylish.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-10-2023 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dunno, my "favorite" never rolled out of the factory. And I only ever did it once.

Bumper-pad fastback. Damn near make ya drool.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2023 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As far as what I added at the end, about "rinselberg"... if that detracted (for Raydar) from what I had presented up to that point, that's misfortunate, but that last part wasn't meant as any kind of substance.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2023 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

George Packer is an award-winning author and staff writer at The Atlantic. His previous books include The Unwinding: An Inner History of the New America (winner of the National Book Award), The Assassins’ Gate: America in Iraq, and Our Man: Richard Holbrooke and the End of the American Century (winner of the Hitchens Prize and the Los Angeles Times Book Prize for biography). He is also the author of two novels and a play, and the editor of a two-volume edition of the essays of George Orwell.
Macmillan
https://us.macmillan.com/author/georgepacker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2023 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What it is about is media, news, and reporting.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Media lies and the sheep who eat it up...

That reads like an accusation.

I'm thinking that you want to (try to) build drama with suspense, drawing out the period of anticipation until the audience is literally squirming in their seats with tension.

When you've judged that the feverish drumbeat of emotion has risen up to its zenith—that's the moment when you pounce and take center stage (so to speak) and finally unveil the name(s) of the "sheep".

Will you be costumed?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-11-2023).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Repetition of the dempartie line of bs is the ' do ' of their mimicry.
Garbage in, garbage out, without a thought of their own.
Passing on into the canopy of the rain forest, what was heard.
Why ' parroting ' describes those humans on the ' less than ' part of the IQ scale, unable to process reality and calculate truth.
A fake message to the people, to gain power, forever, lies, and usually by sword.
Reality is truth, so then, truth will prevail inevitably, correcting the liars of the world in the harshest way of the world.
Happened before for all time, repeatedly correcting the liars, by multiple nuke attacks on American targets this time, I think .
It is still possible today to correct the liar Biden_Joe, before those doomsday events.
Nuking 500 targets in Red China, and 500 in Russia in retaliation, will make true the terrible prophecies of a millennia of seers.
To survive, we would have to live underground for many generations, like before, more than 12K years ago.
A safe space to live in, while the glaciers covered the northern hemisphere, truly an ice age.
Ancient Cities Of Cappadocia, in Turkey.
Tunnel Boring
How Long ?
The dempartie, not really thinking of the future, no, not so much.
The dempartie, not ' doing ' much planning for the future.
Biden_Joe, soon to be croaked, not many effs given, obviously.
Parrots bs mostly.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkrie9:

Biden_Joe, soon to be croaked, not many effs given, obviously.

No problem... the Mar-a-Lago People will save the day!

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 04:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The San Francisco branch of the De Triumph family.
Emigrated from the Reims region of Northern France in 1837, Frank DeTriumph traveled south from Canada, then, hit a rich bonanza vein in the Rush, north of Sutter's Mill, '49.

A grandson, Harold, hit another strike in the Klondike of '97, almost froze solid, his future wife Goldie, thawed him out in her bathtub.
Made millions decades later in the roaring 20's, selling squeaky rubber duck toys for children.

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 03-11-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why does a "2.5" create a new forum topic about "Media Lies" without singling out even one specific "media lie" for discussion? Why does a "Wichita" indulge himself in apocalyptic screeds about "Red Pill" and "Blue Pill"... empty diatribes that are about everything in general and nothing in particular? Why does a "Raydar" enter this thread twice like some cantankerous "oldster", grousing about the weather on a spring-like day that is seeing a mid-afternoon high of 68 degrees, under partly sunny skies and the mildest of breezes?

There are answers for these questions. For the third time in this thread, I am here to extoll the seminal excellence of this recent magazine-length essay:

Scroll back through this thread, if you wish, to review what I've said about this article.

"The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the Wind ..."

This is the biggest current "Media Lies" story that's on my radar screen—the biggest by far. Nothing else even comes close. In just four minutes of an hour-long Friday (March 10) broadcast, MSNBC anchor Alex Wagner highlights one of the most startling episodes to emerge from the $1.6 billion damages lawsuit that Dominion Voting Systems has brought against the Fox Corporation, over Fox News reporting that was broadcast in the wake of the 2020 national elections that made Joe Biden the 46th President of the United States.

Or get it here:
https://www.msnbc.com/alex-...e-claim-164922437814

I don't think it's out of place to provide a link to a thread about this that I posted just the other day, in the Politics & Religion section, but if you take the four minutes for this online video segment, you get a proverbial "peer through the keyhole" into the vast, richly furnished evidentiary storeroom at the heart of the Dominion Voting Systems lawsuit. But here's that other thread:

"'The full force of the email's lunacy...' filing in Dominion's lawsuit vs Fox News"
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...m12/HTML/000626.html

To paraphrase the late (but memorable) Lee Iacocca... "If you can find a better Media Lies story, buy (into) it."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-11-2023).]

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am glad to see 2.5 return to the field. It was getting way to predictable around here.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a Media Lie that is currently in the front of your mind? A Media Lie that takes precedence, like the Ace of Spades in a deck of playing cards? Or the Great White Shark among predatory fish?

I just put a spotlight on the Media Lie that's in the front of my mind, when it comes to thinking about "Media Lies".
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is there a Media Lie that is currently in the front of your mind?

Though there are many, and we have discussed most of them here before, the "big lie" that is currently foremost in my mind is the "Jan 6 Deadly Insurrection" telenovela.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never understood people watching "News" that basically pats them on the back and states "You're a good boy!" I run (Screaming) from anything or anyone who starts giving me that "Used car salesman" routine.

Fox "News" is specifically DESIGNED to appeal to "conservatives", always telling them they are RIGHT!!!!! while putting all the blame on the loony-left....Meanwhile, CNN does the same thing to liberals.

We are stronger- and better- together; That is what made this country strong, innovative and successful. Yes, both sides go too far, so the other side is the "Negative Feedback" that our system needs. The best thing you can do for whichever party you belong to is to say- often!- "You have gone too far, back it down a bit"

Extremists are useless idiots.....
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

Extremists are useless idiots...

No no no... they're responsible for comedy gold here at PFF !
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Biden_Joe, one card short of a full house.
' See ?
Look ! A full house beats a straight ! '
' Mr. Pretendadent Sir !
You've become rank, spoiled, rotten, and an all around scoundrel !
Pistols at dawn Sir !
You deluded and demented old fool, you have lost the hand ! '

The Chain Bridge on the Potomac
As it stands today
On the south bank of the Potomac, north of the bridge, the incompetent imbecile left the mortal realm, struck by the 70 caliber above the sternum.
' That puts paid to the corrupt old fool, a scurrilous grifter, he has endangered the nation and so we may be at war tomorrow with Russia ! '
' Perfect shot General, Sir. May I congratulate you Sir, on the happy resolution for your honor. '
' Drinks are on me at the bar, I feel relieved to be present, so close was the ball, I heard it on my left. '
Thus ends the tribulation.

A card cheat ends his days.
No more than a card cheat, liar, pederast.

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 03-11-2023).]

WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is there a Media Lie that is currently in the front of your mind?

Russia,
Russia,
"RUSSIA!"

Let's not also forget how border crossings/numbers were being covered. How about the "whipping" of those brownies in the water by them evil racist horseback riders.

We all know how ChatR.I. bot of the cabal will respond with its programming...
ChatR.I.: "The media was only reporting the "facts" at the time."
ChatR.I.: "No one in the media has ever suggested -fill in the blank-."

Never forget the 5 'D's' of dodge ball.
Dodge
Duck
Dip
Dive
&
Dodge

[This message has been edited by WonderBoy (edited 03-11-2023).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2023 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 03-12-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2023 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

"Federal spending as [a pecentage] of GDP remains remarkably stable at [just under 21 percent]"
Lorimer Wilson for Munknee; May 28, 2022.
https://munknee.com/federal...arkably-stable-20-8/

Although one often hear assertions about how federal spending or federal taxes have been climbing out of control for years or decades, the actual spending and taxing totals for the federal government have been remarkably stable for a half-century according to the latest Congressional Budget Office of the “The Budget and Economic Outlook: 2022 to 2032” (May 2022).

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-12-2023).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock