Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Media lies and the sheep who eat it up... (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Media lies and the sheep who eat it up... by 2.5
Started on: 03-08-2023 09:51 PM
Replies: 223 (2969 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 06-02-2023 06:44 AM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2023 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
Though there are many, and we have discussed most of them here before, the "big lie" that is currently foremost in my mind is the "Jan 6 Deadly Insurrection" telenovela.

"Would you believe Violent insurrection?"

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
IP: Logged
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2023 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
"Would you believe Violent insurrection?"

No. It was a mostly peaceful protest. Which was a set up.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2023 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They were following my neighbor around like he was a Chinese balloon driving a white Bronco.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2023 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I understand it, the Capitol and DC Metro police were not "into" arresting the QAnon Shaman (your neighbor) and the other wrong doers, because putting people under arrest was not feasible under the circumstances. Their priority was bringing the situation under control and restoring safety and security.

Were they going to start handcuffing people? Even if you imagine them using plastic Ziplock-thingies instead of old-fashioned handcuffs, and even if you imagine that they had enough of the ersatz plastic "cuffs" at their disposal, how much time could any one officer afford to focus on making an arrest under the circumstances?

These people that used violence to barge into the capitol were not doing it so that they could be arrested. This wasn't "civil disobedience". These felons and other miscreants were not there for the purpose of being arrested en masse as a symbolic protest.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-14-2023).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2023 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

As I understand it, the Capitol and DC Metro police were not "into" arresting the QAnon Shaman (your neighbor) and the other wrong doers, because putting people under arrest was not feasible under the circumstances. Their priority was bringing the situation under control and restoring safety and security.

Were they going to start handcuffing people? Even if you imagine them using plastic Ziplock-thingies instead of old-fashioned handcuffs, and even if you imagine that they had enough of the ersatz plastic "cuffs" at their disposal, how much time could any one officer afford to focus on making an arrest under the circumstances?

So they decided to just shoot them?
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2023 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2023 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2023 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"I use the education I've had and my life experiences to try to navigate my way to the truth, using reports from an imperfect news media to guide me. I have friends, on the other hand, who are happy to create their own truths without any help from the media. They furnish their minds with truths that they've made up all on their own—out of thin air, so to speak."

Click to show

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-14-2023).]

Fitz301

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2023 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz301Send a Private Message to Fitz301Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I've always said about "science" in one picture...

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2023 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Then of course there's denial and willful denial, even denial because it suits one's purpose. Such are the Characteristics of the aforementioned sheep.

Oh and by the way hi everybody it's been awhile hope you are well.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2023 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What the left pushes as success.

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2023 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What Shiny New Object Syndrome victims imagine, when they use their favorite catch-all phrase "the left."

Fitz301

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-16-2023 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz301Send a Private Message to Fitz301Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is for all the leftist "intellectuals" out there...

[This message has been edited by Fitz301 (edited 03-17-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2023 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2023 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ good
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2023 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

^ good

Because your unconditional support for the warmongering elitist establishment should be given full, unquestioned allegiance. Not a very good hippy, are you?

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2023 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19461 posts
Member since Mar 2009
You have become exactly that which you claim to oppose.

You align with the left because you have been told, your whole life, that they were the righteous ones. You are only doing what you have been told to do, but the left of Jack Weinberg hasn’t existed in nearly 60 years. Reexamine your faith, you may find it misplaced.

Open your eyes, question the dogma, seek the truth. Shake off the oppressors, become a free man. Think for yourself.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2023 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19461 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Does any of that sound the least bit familiar? Maybe an echo from a distant past?

A past when youth was a time for exploration, a time of discovery, of learning. Not a time of indoctrination.

Ask yourself, "What do I truly believe?"
Ask yourself, "How have I changed over the last 60 years?"

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-18-2023).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2023 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
putin is a criminal mob boss

and a war criminal now charged as such by the hauge U.N.’s International Court of Justice, headquartered in the Peace Palace, and the International Criminal Court

he should be take out with extreme prejudiced yesterday

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2023 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12543 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Does any of that sound the least bit familiar? Maybe an echo from a distant past?

A past when youth was a time for exploration, a time of discovery, of learning. Not a time of indoctrination.

Ask yourself, "What do I truly believe?"
Ask yourself, "How have I changed over the last 60 years?"

in the 60's we invaded and occupied other's countrys

back then we said if commies invade here we fight

if commies invade THEIR country their fight NOT OURS

well putin invaded the U
I support when invaded you fight

why don't you ?

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2023 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12543 posts
Member since Jan 2001
wait a minute

why putin in a thread about suing fox for LIES about a corpRAT who makes voting machines ?

well putin lies and so does fox

and we have clear rightwing support for lying and and the liers
with the silly claims of tourists not a failed putsch

well your tourists are going to JAIL/PRISON
and all your what abouts are failing

so flip to putin an other lying criminal who should be in jail
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2023 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

in the 60's we invaded and occupied other's countrys

Who is "we" and who did "we" invade and occupy in the '60s?

back then we said if commies invade here we fight

How did you prepare for that fight?

if commies invade THEIR country their fight NOT OURS

well putin invaded the U

"U"? UCLA? UC Berkeley? The UN? Putin was but a wee lad when the Communists invaded the universities and the UN.

I support when invaded you fight

"I support when invaded you fight"

why don't you ?

Why don't I what?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2023 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fitz301:
This is for all the leftist "intellectuals" out there...

That's funny !
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2023 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why don't I what?

when you catch up we can talk

why did you not ask who is putin

but one question did the rump ever win the popular vote in any election

and if you say who is the rump
I think the rump is you
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2023 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think the rump is you

Not very nice.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2023 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19461 posts
Member since Mar 2009

when you catch up we can talk

why did you not ask who is putin

I am "caught up". You might be surprised how much I know about Putin.

You cannot justify your big government warmongering elitist establishment, so you resort to infantile name calling.

Take the advice you pretend to follow: question and be kind.

The truth can set you free.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2023 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the leftist groomers.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2023 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drag Queen Story Hours are the media's fault?

"Leftist groomers"..? I'm sure it happens, but why am I skeptical that it's as big of a problem as some people are making of it, with their constant repetition of "leftist groomers", a phrase which is showing up now days in so many different forum threads? Especially when it's the same people who recently tried to con me with scientific misconceptions like this:

Science has a place with it comes to groomers. It take reliable data to figure out whether groomers are a big thing or just "a" thing. And reliable data is the product of scientific or empirically sound methodology.

This looks more like a symptom of Shiny New Object Syndrome.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-22-2023).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2023 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2023 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Step 2: Fill up an online discussion forum with platitudes and mostly meaningless cartoons and memes.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2023 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2023 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An anarchist? A libertarian on steroids? Does anyone here remember "No More Ricers"..? That was his screen name. He was active for some time, and then moved on.

That cartoon reminds me of "No More Ricers".
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2023 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pointing at a leftist.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 03-25-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2023 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On February 20, 1939, the eve of World War II, American Nazis and fascist sympathizers staged a huge rally at Madison Square Garden in support of Adolf Hitler. The building was covered in symbols of the Third Reich and the stage was adorned with a giant picture of George Washington, “the original American Nazi” according to organizers.

That rally was contemporaneous with another history that is not so well known. It's about U.S. Senators, Congressmen and other significant Americans of that time who were involved in a conspiracy to undermine the United States and establish a reactionary authoritarian government and society in its place: an American version of Hitler's Germany.

Among the Senators, Congressmen and other Americans who were part of this conspiracy, Republicans and Democrats alike, although—according to the ULTRA podcast—there were more Republicans than Democrats.

Prominent among America's Nazis and Nazi sympathizers during the 1930s were the followers of the anti-semitic Christian Front and its leader, Father Charles Coughlin.

If it would be stupid to aggregate this entire motley assortment as "right-wingers" or "reactionaries", how much more stupid would it be to package all of these various 1930s miscreants within one bag (so to speak) and try to sell it as "leftists"..?

It would be infinitely more stupid, and yet someone on this forum has already done it..!

I remember it well. I could probably find it again if I worked at it, although perhaps not. (Searching this forum is not so easy. I don't think the forum search function even processes this Politics & Religion section.)

Online portal to the ULTRA podcast:
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-presents-ultra

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-26-2023).]

Fitz301

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2023 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz301Send a Private Message to Fitz301Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do ya think?

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2023 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How does this Covid testing scam relate to "Media lies and the sheep who eat it up...", which is (nominally) the topic that was set up for this forum discussion?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a "thread Nazi". But what brings out this post?

It's a substantial scam, of $83 million dollars, but it's not an epic Covid-related money fraud that gets into the hundreds of millions of dollars, or perhaps even a billion dollars or more, which I think is already known to have been accomplished.

Did the media not report this to the general public? Did the media not give it the priority in their news reporting that it merits? Did the media lie about it in some way?

What's with this post?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-26-2023).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2023 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drama and controversey sell. This is no surprise. The more they repeat the twisted cherry picked points, the more sheep believe it. (Especially if it suits a narrative that they like).

There are many...January 6th "oh it's scary," It's been shown that it was rigged, it's been shown that it wasn't what they say it was but it doesn't matter, they said it enough times, squashed and censored dissent long enough that nobody cares anymore what the truth is.

Apply that pattern to many "news stories"

Since this was brought up:
People dancing and showing skin and in suggestive manners for kids... it doesn't matter what gender they are or think they are it shouldn't be done 1st of all.
Disagree?

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2023 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Drama and controversey sell. This is no surprise. The more they repeat the twisted cherry picked points, the more sheep believe it. (Especially if it suits a narrative that they like).

There are many...January 6th "oh it's scary," It's been shown that it was rigged, it's been shown that it wasn't what they say it was but it doesn't matter, they said it enough times, squashed and censored dissent long enough that nobody cares anymore what the truth is.

Apply that pattern to many "news stories"

Since this was brought up: People dancing and showing skin and in suggestive manners for kids... it doesn't matter what gender they are or think they are it shouldn't be done 1st of all. Disagree?

"January 6th"...I wonder what forum member 2.5 thinks actually happened.

"People dancing and showing skin and in suggestive manners for kids"... Maybe that (or some of that) shouldn't be done—that's a value judgement—but what if it's OK with the parents or whoever is legally responsible for the kids? What then?

Somewhere in the archives of this forum, there's a photograph of some children in a park, accompanied by a woman that could be their mother or female guardian, and the children are bemused by a pair of costumed characters, one of whom has a costume that features a gi-normous, comic looking codpiece or something of that kind. A symbolic phallus, but not realistic in any way... think of a six-foot, sausage-shaped party balloon.

I can't always find these photos and images that I remember, but that's the photo I would like to have here, above this caption:

"Pry this codpiece from my cold, dead hands."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-06-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2023 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Speaking of "Media lies", the weather Doppler shows a copy-and-paste storm that's about to touch down here. A media-intermediated Quote-nado.

A Delaware judge said Wednesday [that] billionaire Fox Corporation chair Rupert Murdoch and his son Lachlan can be called to testify at trial in Dominion Voting Systems’ $1.6 billion defamation suit against Fox News, ... as Fox and Dominion prepare to face off later this month in a trial over false conspiracy theories about Dominion’s voting machines.

In a pretrial hearing Wednesday, Delaware Superior Court Judge Eric Davis said if attorneys for Dominion ask the Murdochs to testify, he would not quash” their trial subpoenas and “would compel [the Murdochs] to [testify].”

The Murdochs could join a group of Fox News hosts expected to testify at trial, including Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, Jeanine Pirro, Bret Baier and Maria Bartiromo.

Rupert Murdoch, 92, previously testified in a deposition he didn’t believe the election fraud theories and said Fox did not endorse the claims as a company, though he admitted “some of our commentators were endorsing it,” according to Dominion’s court filings.

Dominion filed suit against Fox in March 2021, alleging the network spread false claims that its voting machines were used to commit fraud during the 2020 presidential election in a bid to boost ratings. In recent weeks, explosive filings released by Dominion have suggested Fox News staff allowed the debunked claims to be aired even when they knew they were false, expressing doubt about election fraud theories involving the voting machines in private communications. Fox has denied Dominion’s claims and argued it was merely reporting on high-profile allegations made after the 2020 election.

The defamation trial is set to start April 17, after [Judge] Davis ruled late last month to reject Fox’s argument to bypass a trial under First Amendment protections.

"Rupert Murdoch Can Be Forced To Testify In Dominion Suit, Judge Says"
Brian Bushard for Forbes; April 5, 2023.
https://www.forbes.com/site...ays/?sh=65a38101290c

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-06-2023).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2023 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 04-06-2023).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock