Started on: 03-28-2022 01:08 PM
Replies: 425 (4670 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 05-15-2022 12:41 PM
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2022 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Perhaps you should read the entire definition, and synonyms, in order that you would learn the definition of parasite.

I posted (one) entire definition.

Perhaps you should post what you believe disqualifies the above definition from characterizing a fetus.
IP: Logged
WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2022 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

This whole idea that Democrats are groomers is complete and utter bullshit.

So, you admit it's about grooming?
Those (ANYONE) who participates in child/underage sexual exploitation, once found guilty, life in prison. That would be too good though in my opinion.
Your list doesn't matter. The D's are doing it by force. (Abortion/Intercourse/LGBTGroom) Force the majority, to accept a grain of sand. Bypassing the parents, the LEGAL guardians (another area that is looking to be redefined, PER HClinton and her love for MSanger). Soros $$$👉Planned Parenthood👉$$$👉Clinton Foundation👉$$$👉Campaign

It's not every day that I see new conspiracy theories. Democrats are selling body parts in pursuit of immortality now? LOL
[/quote]
You're implying "Democrats", I'm implying elitists who sneak in population control and FULL sexual freedom at all ages.
StemExpress? What do they want the 'bio-matter', 'tissue' and 'organs' for? It goes beyond current society health ailments. There have already been companies established who take blood donations specifically from willing (and unwilling) healthy young individuals, and $ell to those that pay for it. Mad-Science. Fountain of YOUTH fantasy. There are other ways to obtain stem cells for real medical science. But it's not good enough for the elitists.
Life imitates art.
And leftists don't believe in slippery slopes. It's Progress.
Synthetic humans, here we come. Progress!
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2022 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I posted (one) entire definition.

Perhaps you should post what you believe disqualifies the above definition from characterizing a fetus.

Perhaps you should read what I posted.
My views are readily understood.

Did your mother consider you a parasitic growth when she carried you in her womb for nine months of her life?
Have you asked her?
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2022 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps you should read what I posted.
My views are readily understood.

Did your mother consider you a parasitic growth when she carried you in her womb for nine months of her life?
Have you asked her?

I believe the confusion is that you’re conflating connotation with denotation.

There is nothing inherently wrong with being a parasite.

The question is irrelevant. I didn’t apply any level of (lack of) value to being a parasite. It’s just a definition, and the words in the definition are an accurate description of a fetus. What are you even arguing that point for? I posted the definition.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If parasite was an accurate description of a fetus, it would be listed as a synonym.

It isn't.

Find where it is, other than in your own mind or some political doctrine.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If parasite was an accurate description of a fetus, it would be listed as a synonym.

It isn't.

Find where it is, other than in your own mind or some political doctrine.

That’s not what a synonym is…

Edit: A human is an animal. A dog is an animal. Neither of these are synonyms of one another.

[This message has been edited by theBDub (edited 04-23-2022).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/synonym

Really?

Grasping at straws, are you?
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/synonym

Really?

Grasping at straws, are you?

I’m reading that definition you just posted, and it completely aligns with my understanding of what a synonym is. That doesn’t change the fact that a fetus is a parasite (but a parasite isn’t a fetus). A dog is an animal (but an animal isn’t a dog). A square is a rectangle (but a rectangle isn’t a square).

A synonym is a similar word, not a descriptor or definition. This isn’t grasping at straws… it’s the English language.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Believe what you want, and lead your life accordingly.

If you ever become a parent, perhaps your view will change.

I don't argue with absurd suppositions.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-23-2022).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This whole idea that Democrats are groomers is complete and utter bullshit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wi...es#2020%E2%80%932022

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.c...61-politics/77861810

So THAT is supposed to be your "big refutation" that LEFTIST / DEMORATS aren't currently supporting sexual grooming of children in schools?

Good God Skippy, how much weaker can your argument get?

Instead of addressing THE ISSUE, (which you obviously can't), you do the usual LEFTIST stunt by deflecting off into some tangential, "whataboutism", nonsense about politician sex crime arrests and convictions, which of course is obviously our laws working just like they are intended to.

While you're busy desperately searching for imaginary hypocrisy, every blue check LEFTIST - DEMORAT is still honking and hooting in support of SEXUAL GROOMING OF OTHER PEOPLE'S SMALL CHILDREN

NO, Predator Psaki, the correct answer is: GO TALK TO YOUR PARENTS ABOUT IT.

Leftists gotta Leftist

SICK CULT

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-24-2022).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by slicknick:

So where do y'all stand with ectopic pregnancies with heartbeats?

"An ectopic pregnancy can't proceed normally. The fertilized egg can't survive, and the growing tissue may cause life-threatening bleeding, if left untreated."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/...-causes/syc-20372088

You treat it. Stop with the BS questions.
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hudini

9029 posts
Member since Feb 2006

The moment you realize you were not brought here for a car.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2022 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That doesn’t change the fact that a fetus is a parasite (but a parasite isn’t a fetus). A dog is an animal (but an animal isn’t a dog). A square is a rectangle (but a rectangle isn’t a square).

A human fetus (an unborn human) is a human based on yourself and the other human that you created the new human with. Correct?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-26-2022).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

So THAT is supposed to be your "big refutation" that LEFTIST / DEMORATS aren't currently supporting sexual grooming of children in schools?

Good God Skippy, how much weaker can your argument get?

Instead of addressing THE ISSUE, (which you obviously can't), you do the usual LEFTIST stunt by deflecting off into some tangential, "whataboutism", nonsense about politician sex crime arrests and convictions, which of course is obviously our laws working just like they are intended to.

While you're busy desperately searching for imaginary hypocrisy, every blue check LEFTIST - DEMORAT is still honking and hooting in support of SEXUAL GROOMING OF OTHER PEOPLE'S SMALL CHILDREN

NO, Predator Psaki, the correct answer is: GO TALK TO YOUR PARENTS ABOUT IT.

Leftists gotta Leftist

SICK CULT

First, you need to prove that Democrats are "currently supporting sexual grooming of children in schools." Your video doesn't support it. As she says, there isn't currently some big issue where kids are being indoctrinated in public schools today, so if that's the intent of the law, it's a needless law, but more importantly, the law is written so ambiguously as to seemingly ban plenty of normal conversations. Tom has two moms and Susie asks about it, why should the teacher say "Go talk to your parents about it" when it can be answered pretty simply without any "grooming"?

The law doesn't explicitly ban a quick "Some parents have two moms, some two dads, some with one of each, some with one, and some with none," but that's the problem. The law is ambiguous, just like how most Jim Crow laws never explicitly mentioned race. It's a red herring, one designed by Christopher Rufo to stir the exact emotions you're having over it.

You've fallen for the strategy hook, line, and sinker.

[This message has been edited by theBDub (edited 04-27-2022).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

theBDub

9688 posts
Member since May 2010

Originally posted by 2.5:

A human fetus (an unborn human) is a human based on yourself and the other human that you created the new human with. Correct?

Yes.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your last line in response to randye is correct in a sense.

But I think you're the one who swallowed the bait.

Hook, line and sinker.

The correct response from a teacher should be 'That would be a question you should ask your parents.'
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your last line in response to randye is correct in a sense.

But I think you're the one who swallowed the bait.

Hook, line and sinker.

The correct response from a teacher should be 'That would be a question you should ask your parents.'

It's a political strategy by Christopher Rufo. It's bait from the get-go, curated to get Republicans riled up against Democrats.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Conservatives don't need a strategy from some Liberal to get riled up at Democrats.

The poor policies of the Democrats take care of that just fine.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Conservatives don't need a strategy from some Liberal to get riled up at Democrats.

The poor policies of the Democrats take care of that just fine.

Are you claiming Christopher Rufo is a liberal...?
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Conservatives don't need a strategy from some Liberal to get riled up at Democrats. The poor policies of the Democrats take care of that just fine.

Why would anyone refer to Christopher Rufo as "some Liberal"..?

He's a Conservative activist:
https://christopherrufo.com/about/
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, bless my soul.
I should have researched better.

But, since I've never heard of him, and I'm still riled up, I guess one can't assign him too much credit.
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, bless my soul.
I should have researched better.

But, since I've never heard of him, and I'm still riled up, I guess one can't assign him too much credit.

He's the one that proliferated the idea that CRT should be demonized and banned from public schools (even though CRT isn't really taught in primary school anyway). He's now doing the same thing with LGBTQ and labeling all discussion of sexuality or gender as "grooming."

So you may have not heard of him, but you've heard of his political strategies, because they're working.

It's all just politics. That's why I say y'all have taken the bait--because it was literally designed this way. This moral panic is a political strategy, not a real concern.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One must fight fire with fire.

Dirty tricks are a hallmark of Leftists, about time the Right started using their tactics against them.

Edit to add....

I've been riled up at the Leftists long before any of this stuff started. Maybe before you were even aware of politics.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-27-2022).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes.

I do not understand how parasite as used, fits then.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007

This moral panic is a political strategy, not a real concern.

Only if there is no foundation for the concern, which there is.

"Nothing to see here" is a well over used tactic.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...the idea that CRT should be demonized and banned from public schools (even though CRT isn't really taught in primary school anyway). He's now doing the same thing with LGBTQ and labeling all discussion of sexuality or gender as "grooming."

So much transparent Leftist propaganda from someone that tries to camouflage himself as a "libertarian".
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So much transparent Leftist propaganda from someone that tries to camouflage himself as a "libertarian".

Can you point out anything of what I said that’s against the Libertarian platform or ideology?

I’ll wait.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

theBDub

9688 posts
Member since May 2010

I do not understand how parasite as used, fits then.

It’s a human and a parasite. It fits the definition that I linked.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One must fight fire with fire.

Dirty tricks are a hallmark of Leftists
about time the Right started using their tactics against them.

Edit to add....

I've been riled up at the Leftists long before any of this stuff started. Maybe before you were even aware of politics.

Monocular vision from olejoedad. Roger Stone. Lee Atwater. The George W. Bush campaign in South Carolina Republican primary that tried to tar one of the other Republican candidates with fictitious personal scandal accusations, if memory serves me.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't forget this list...

Gerald Ackerman - Democrat MI May - In May 2000, convicted on 10 felony counts of criminal sexual conduct; sentenced to 18 to 38 years imprisonment, also 1 year for indecent exposure to a minor.

Brock Adams - Democrat WA Sen - Arrested for drugging, assault, and rape of a woman. (While married)

Sam Adams - Democrat OR May - Lied, but proven guilty to an affair with an 18-year old male intern.

Jim Bates - Democrat CA Rep - Forced by ethics committee to make a formal apology to the married female staffers he had made repeated sexual advancements towards.

Gary Becker - Democrat WI May - Arrested for soliciting sex of a minor (14 years old).

Rod Blagojevich - Democrat IL Gov - Among other things, also proven to have had an affair. (while married)

Andrew Bradshaw - Democrat MD May - Mayor of Cambridge, Maryland, Andrew Bradshaw, has been charged with 50 counts of distributing revenge **** .

Bill Clinton - Democrat Prsdnt - Cheated on wife with an intern

Gary Condit - Democrat CA Rep - Extramarital affair with Chandra Levy. (Woman was murdered, but not by him)

Marc Dann - Democrat OK Agn - In 2008, confessed to an affair with a state staff member. (while married)

Roosevelt Dobbins - Democrat AK Rep - Convicted of fondling a 16-year old while in office.

Doyle Dennis - Democrat OR May - Oregon Mayor who donated to Joe Biden’s campaign and collaborated with the Obama administration has been arrested on child pornography charges.

John Edwards - Democrat NC Sen - Extramarital affair with staff member, while wife was critically ill with breast cancer.

Steven Effman - Democrat FL Rep - Admitted in 2003 to inappropriate relationships with three divorce clients; (While married)

Silvio Failla - Democrat NJ Asm - Was shot and killed when a prostitute he solcicited tried to rob him with the help of her pimp.

Bob Filner - Democrat CA May - Filner has been accused of multiple cases of sexual harassment. Although he denies these claims, he admitted to numerous sexual advances to these same individuals. (While married)

Barney Frank - Democrat MA Rep - Hired a male prostitute, ran a prostitution ring from his own home.

Kerry Gauthier - Democrat MN Rep - In August of 2012, he had sex with a 17 year old boy in a public bathroom. Admitted it and agreed to not run for re-election.

David Giles - Democrat WA Rep - Convicted in June 2000 of child rape. (While Married)

Neil Goldschmidt - Democrat OR May - In 2004, confessed to an affair with a 14 year old girl. (while married)

Gary Hart - Democrat CO Sen - Had an affair in 1988 with then model Donna Rice. (while married)

Wayne Hays - Democrat OH Rep - Sexual Acts with secretary. (While married)

Gordon Hintz - Democrat WI Rep - Arrested Feb. 10, 2011 for violating a City of Appleton ordinance of touching or offering to touch sexual parts.

Allan Howe - Democrat UT Rep - 2 counts of solicitation of a prostitute. (While married)

Daniel Inouye - Democrat HI Rep - Charged with sexual harassment against numerous women on his staff. (While married)

Ted Kennedy - Democrat MA Sen - Admitted to womanizing while married from 1967-1981. Confirmed relations with Mary Jo Kapechne.

Kwame Kilpatrick - Democrat MI May - Solicitation of multiple prostitutes, obstruction of justice, 2 felonies, held multiple sex parties at tx payer expense.

Vito J. Lopez - Democrat NJ Asm - Stripped of his committee chairmanship and censured after he sexually harassed two women who worked in his district office.

Robert L. Leggit - Democrat CA Rep - Fathered two illegitimate children by a Congressional secretary, then had an affair with another woman who was an aide to Speaker Carl Albert.

Tim Mahoney - Democrat IL Rep - Cheated on wife with a staff member, and then paid her $121,000 to keep quiet.

Eric Massa - Democrat NY Rep - Resigned from the house over allegations from the Ethics panel. Admitted to sexual language / misconduct to a staffer.

Jim McGreevey - Democrat NJ Gov - Extramarital homosexual affair with his homeland security advisor.

Wilbur Mills - Democrat AK Rep - Solicitation and sexual misconduct with a prostitute. (While married)

Justin Moed - Democrat IA Rep - Maintained sexting relationship with Sydney Leathers, purchased gifts for her, etc. Apologized to constinuency. (While married)

Paul Morrison - Democrat AK Agn - Attorney General, confessed to an affair with addministrative staffer. (while married)

Joseph Morrissey - Democrat VA Rep - Had an affair with his 17 year old receptionist and impregnated her. (while married)

Gavin Newsom - Democrat CA May - San Fran Mayor, In 2007, confessed to an affair with his secretary, Ruby Rippey. (while married)

David Patterson - Democrat NY Gov - Numerous extramarital affairs, confessed after getting elected and sworn in.

Paul Patton - Democrat KY Gov - Confessed to an affair in 2002. (while married)

Mel Reynolds - Democrat IL Rep - 12 counts of sexual assault with a 16 year old.

Fred Richmond - Democrat NY Rep - Arrested in 78 for soliciting sex with a 16 year old (also tax evasion)

Charles Robb - Democrat VA Rep - Cheated on wife (Lyndon Johnson's daughter) with Tai Collins (Miss Virginia).

Gus Savage - Democrat IL Rep - Fondled an under age peace corp volunteer while on a business trip.

Harold Scott - Democrat MI Rep - Convicted on rape charges and sentenced to prison in 1988 (While married)

Derrick Sheperd - Democrat LA Sen - Arrested for solicitation of a stripper w/ tax payer money.

Eliot Spitzer - Democrat NY Gov - Solicitation and sexual misconduct with a prostitute. (While married)

Gerald Springer - Democrat OH May - Admitted to paying a prostitute with a personal check, which was found in a police raid on a massage parlor. (While Married)

Gerry Studds - Democrat MA Rep - Censured for sexual relations with an underage male page.

Antonio Villaraigosa - Democrat CA May - LA Mayor, confessed to an affair in 2007 with a news reporter. (while married)

Sol Wachtler - Democrat NY Jud - In 1993, he was sentenced to 15 months in prison for extortion in connection with his harassment of an ex-lover.

Anthony Weiner - Democrat NY Rep - In 2011, he confessed to tweeting / e-mailing innapropriate photos to a college girl. (while married)

Bob Wise - Democrat WV Gov - In 2003, had an affair with a state government staffer.

David Wu - Democrat Or Rep - In 2011, had an affair with a minor, and friend of a campaign contributor (while married). He resigned from Congress.

John Young - Democrat TX Rep - Increased salaried staffer after sexual affair. (While married)
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Parasite

Here's why I think you are wrong about a fetus being a parasite.

In my head, for it to be a parasite, it would always need to be a parasite.

Dogs are conceived as dogs and are dogs until they die.
Humans are conceived as humans and remain human until they die.
Both are animals from conception to death.

Parasites are born parasites, and remain parasites until they die.
Nobody has conceived a dog that later grows into a human.

A fetus is a human from conception until death. It doesn't change from one type of animal to another.

Let's take your "It relies on others for life, so we can take that life away." to its logical end.

Someone on life support. Are they parasites?
What if someone is in a coma?
What about people that rely on a medical device to stay alive. I'll go with Type 1 diabetes. Would that person just be a parasite to you? They clearly cannot live without outside assistance. What about someone that needs a feeding tube?
If a baby is born and has weak lungs etc and needs put into a device for a month to survive, could we kill it then? It's clearly not able to survive on its own.

Could we end someone's life if they have never worked or supported themselves and couldn't survive if we took public assistance away? These people by your definition would be parasites.

In the end, humans are humans from conception to birth. Nothing that I'm aware of changes from one type of creature to another during their lifespan. Some people need help to survive. We aren't living in the dark ages. Just because someone needs help at one point in their life doesn't make them useless forever (or even at that point.)

PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fats

5566 posts
Member since Jan 2012

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Am I alone in thinking that prostitution shouldn't be a crime? I get that it is, and therefore fair game. But something that can be given away for free shouldn't be illegal if you sell it freely IMO.

I don't think I would hold prostitution against anyone. As long as both parties are consenting adults, hey, more power to ya.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

First, you need to prove that Democrats are "currently supporting sexual grooming of children in schools."

No I don't.

I very clearly and specifically said LEFTIST / DemoRATS

WOW, you sure are defensive about Democrats....

In the same way that you use "libertarian" as your ineffective camouflage trying to hide your Leftist ideology, you Leftists also use "Democrat" to try to hide behind.

The Democrat party of classic liberalism would have NEVER supported and pushed the kind of insane and immoral crap that you Leftists do today, but the Democrat party DIED years ago. It was killed off by Marxist / Leftists that absolutely hate being called and exposed for what you objectively are so you use "Democrat" and "Libertarian" and euphemisms like "progressive" trying to hide, like rats and cockroaches hide from the light.

It's an established, evidentiary, fact that inappropriate sexual discussion with small children IS going on in public schools and what you DIDN'T see in that video was the White House spokesmouth specifically saying that they don't support the type of sexual grooming of small children that actually is going on in public schools.

Instead she lied about the actual content of the new Florida law and then gaslit you that "it isn't happening and isn't a problem", then she explicitly supported the idea of a teacher engaging in inappropriate sexually sensitive discussions with small children instead of simply directing them back to their parents and like an obedient Leftist you sucked those lies and propaganda right up and puked it back here without question.....hook, line and sinker

The fact that you keep arguing your favor for infanticide and your support of adult strangers having intimate, sexually charged, discussions with other people's small children says everything about who and what you really are.

What's next? Incest, bestiality, necrophilia? Is there anything that you won't promote?

Can you point out anything of what I said that’s against the Libertarian platform or ideology?

I’ll wait.

I don't have to.

I'm not going to chase you down your bottomless rabbit hole of deflection and distraction with your whack-job interpretations of "libertarianism" especially when everyone here sees straight through your use of that as a subterfuge.

Engaging in an endless and pointless roundabout of your contorted ideological weirdness has NOTHING to do with the point I made.

So keep waiting....

Leftists gotta Leftist

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-28-2022).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A parasite is a foreign body that is introduced to it's host, not created by the host.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18026 posts
Member since May 2004

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Monocular vision from olejoedad. Roger Stone. Lee Atwater. The George W. Bush campaign in South Carolina Republican primary that tried to tar one of the other Republican candidates with fictitious personal scandal accusations, if memory serves me.

No, binocular vision.

I had lens replacement surgery two years ago, and my vision is very good.

Politics has been full of dirty players since the beginning.

I'll call out either side, but in my long life, I've noticed one side is much more underhanded that the other, especially in current times.

And decidedly un-American and anti-Constitution.

Edited for spelling and additional content.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-27-2022).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

A fetus is a human from conception until death. It doesn't change from one type of animal to another.

It actually IS possible for a parasite to eventually grown into not being a parasite.

All a Leftist has to do is grow up and stop being a Leftist.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-27-2022).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13815 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Todd, I'm not at all concerned with that stupid list.

It was juvenile deflection from the actual issue at hand and the only thing it really shows is that our criminal laws are working substantially as intended.

The Leftist that tried to use that massive list as a distraction is the same Leftist that hypocritically whined and cried in another one of his posts about someone else using a "gish gallop" in their post.

Leftists gotta Leftist

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2022 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Many of these were in the links I provided, too.

Like I said, I don't think there is any lean one way or another. I think the entire topic is bullshit.

Am I alone in thinking that prostitution shouldn't be a crime? I get that it is, and therefore fair game. But something that can be given away for free shouldn't be illegal if you sell it freely IMO.

I don't think I would hold prostitution against anyone. As long as both parties are consenting adults, hey, more power to ya.

100% agree.

[This message has been edited by theBDub (edited 04-28-2022).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2022 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let's take your "It relies on others for life, so we can take that life away." to its logical end.

What about people that rely on a medical device to stay alive. I'll go with Type 1 diabetes. Would that person just be a parasite to you? They clearly cannot live without outside assistance. What about someone that needs a feeding tube?
If a baby is born and has weak lungs etc and needs put into a device for a month to survive, could we kill it then? It's clearly not able to survive on its own.

Could we end someone's life if they have never worked or supported themselves and couldn't survive if we took public assistance away? These people by your definition would be parasites.

In the end, humans are humans from conception to birth. Nothing that I'm aware of changes from one type of creature to another during their lifespan. Some people need help to survive. We aren't living in the dark ages. Just because someone needs help at one point in their life doesn't make them useless forever (or even at that point.)

A parasite is a foreign body that is introduced to it's host, not created by the host.

Agreed

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2022 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you for actually engaging in debate on the topic.

Re: Parasite definition

I think this is a good argument, but this is just your interpretation of the word and how it's used. To provide an example you gave based on the dog. A dog is always a dog until death, but a puppy isn't always a puppy. A fetus doesn't remain a fetus. A baby doesn't remain a baby. A parasite doesn't have to remain a parasite to be appropriately called a parasite.

At the end of the day though, this comes down to interpretation. It's a good argument.

Re: Other things as parasites

• Life support: Because this isn't attached to another organism, probably not. But I think the more interesting question would be: Does pulling the plug on someone on life support, parasite or not, constitute as murder?
  • Coma: Same as life support. If you're thinking they take from other organisms because nurses, etc., I'd say the difference is in who can support these people. Comatose people can be supported by any number of people volunteering their time/energy/resources to help them. A fetus requires a single human and cannot deviate from that.
  • Diabetes: No... I don't think this argument is even in the same category. They aren't taking from a host, they aren't benefiting at anyone's expense, there is no reason why this would be classified as a parasite.
  • Weak baby: No, because at this point it doesn't need that single human to survive. Someone is willing and able to keep that baby alive. That's the distinction, and it's very important.

A fetus requires that specific prospective mother in order to survive. It feeds from that specific human's organs. That host has the right to terminate that relationship, as they have autonomy over their organs. That same relationship does not carry once the baby is born. Once the baby is born, it doesn't require that mother. It may require other humans, but we have a health system of other humans that have dedicated themselves to that care. Any one of those people would also be able to walk away, but inevitably someone is available to keep the baby alive.

Someone never supporting themselves: Nobody has the right to social programs. No, we cannot actively kill someone for being on social programs. However, we can end any or all of those social programs and are not responsible for that person if they can no longer survive.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock