Started on: 03-28-2022 01:08 PM
Replies: 425 (4634 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 05-15-2022 12:41 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-08-2022 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Prevention of a pandemic? That's a public concern that affects us all, and is best addressed by a wide-ranging governmental authority.

NO, it is NOT.

All the other arguments and FACTS about the scam-demic and clot-shot aside, YOUR personal risk assessment over the virus is YOUR responsibility to accommodate (ie: If you are afraid of the flu, stay alone inside. it's that simple). It is NOT the responsibility of the entire country to give up their rights, freedoms and liberties to cater to your fears.

Unless you are some kind of leftie-libby who would also argue thousands of students should be banned from eating peanut butter because one or 2 might have a nut allergy. OH, yeh. Nevermind.
IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2022 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Can you not just admit that it's a good show? It was hilarious... one of the best low-budget shows I've ever seen. Being Erica was pretty good too, but too much relationship stuff in it.

I enjoyed "Being Erica". I couldn't change the channel quick enough when "Trailer Park Boys" came on. Different strokes for different folks.

I'm not really concerned about masks and Canada because I have no intention of traveling there at the moment.

There are no mask requirements for those of us living here. In regards to people travelling into the country, if any of the mandates have helped keep the infection rates down here, then I'm fine with it. Last time I looked, the COVID death rates per capita were three times higher in the States than in Canada, so apparently we're doing something right here. (Please don't go on and on now about how "inflated" COVID numbers are in the US. If it happens there, I'm sure it happens here as well. It all balances out.)

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-08-2022).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2022 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36239 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Unless you are some kind of leftie-libby who would also argue thousands of students should be banned from eating peanut butter because one or 2 might have a nut allergy. OH, yeh. Nevermind.

As a matter of fact, I have had a very severe nut allergy, especially to peanuts, all my life. Did I go out of my way to have peanuts banned at school etc. No. As a matter of fact, peanut butter remained a staple of my mom and dad's diet all through my childhood, and was always on hand. Precautions were taken to prevent peanut butter from contaminating the margarine/butter dish, but that was about it.

So that kind of blows your theory all to hell that I would seek out and/or welcome rules and regulations and mandates for simply selfish reasons.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-08-2022).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2022 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Prevention of a pandemic? That is a public concern that affects us all, and is best addressed by a wide-ranging governmental authority.

Prevention of an unwanted birth? That is a private concern of the pregnant woman, who is (hopefully) able to utilize the services of medical professionals.

I can reconcile my views just fine.

Since when is killing a human not a public concern? Last l heard murder is illegal.

Remember, abortion to a certain point in time is legal.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Since when is killing a human not a public concern? Last l heard murder is illegal.

If you wish to argue that a mass of cells is "human", then we've reached an impasse.

Would you refer to these as frogs?

And I hope it remains so.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-09-2022).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you wish to argue that a mass of cells is "human", then we've reached an impasse.

And I hope it remains so.

So far that is the law in all 50 states. The core argument is at what point is it an abortion or a murder? Conservative states have set it as low as 15 weeks (3.75 months) and liberal states have set it as high as up to crowning.

My argument with you is the hypocrisy of condemning restrictions on a woman's body (abortion) while accepting restrictions on a woman's body (vaccine mandate). You cannot simultaneously hold these two views without exposing yourself to ridicule.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My argument with you is the hypocrisy of condemning restrictions on a woman's body (abortion) while accepting restrictions on a woman's body (vaccine mandate).

I'm not insisting that any woman be vaccinated.

I'm not insisting that any woman have an abortion.

I believe that men and women should be free to make their own choices about their own bodies, as long as they don't affect other people. And no, I don't regard a mass of cells to be a person.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I enjoyed "Being Erica". I couldn't change the channel quick enough when "Trailer Park Boys" came on. Different strokes for different folks.

There are no mask requirements for those of us living here. In regards to people travelling into the country, if any of the mandates have helped keep the infection rates down here, then I'm fine with it. Last time I looked, the COVID death rates per capita were three times higher in the States than in Canada, so apparently we're doing something right here. (Please don't go on and on now about how "inflated" COVID numbers are in the US. If it happens there, I'm sure it happens here as well. It all balances out.)

Where we disagree, is that you believe the government should take action to protect people, even if it means (potentially) violating their rights. I understand this, I completely do.

I personally believe that the government's role should be very limited... and that such actions can be strongly recommended, but that shouldn't necessarily impugn on my rights if I don't want to participate. I know you can say (in this case) that abortion is violating someone's right. I realize that, and I realize my hypocrisy in this. But from my perspective, I also believe that a baby has rights too. There is some level of personal responsibility that needs to occur. Almost every state has laws respecting abortion for rape or incest. Your or my feelings aside, I think every state will continue to maintain such law... even though this comes out to less than 1/10th of 1% of abortions.

I respect your opinion, I do... so I'm not trying to change your opinion. But I recognize that there are things such as "morning after" pill, where the collection of unfertilized frog eggs you showed above, would never become an actual fetus or grow into a human being. I believe that human life is a gift from God. It's an inherent believe that I feel strongly about. So much so that I am also against the death penalty. And while I did go to Afghanistan (war), I was there to protect people (I am not a soldier) as a cybersecurity engineer. That does not mean that if our country was invaded, that I wouldn't take up arms... but I would hate it.

My views are carefully thought out, and are not based on any particular "team sport" ideology. A lot of people disagree with me... there are plenty of people who want to adopt, including homosexual couples. Bottom line, everyone has a right to life... and those who are the most innocent, deserve the right to at least try. They are guilty of nothing... they've literally done nothing... about as innocent as you can get, and they certainly don't deserve the death penalty because in 95% of cases, the person simply had sex without birth control.

Anyway, that's my opinion... I respect yours, but now you know how I feel and that's not changing. I used to support abortion before I'd ever really thought about it. I also used to be for the death penalty before I ever really thought about it.

As for being Erica, it was a pretty cool concept. When I re-watched it though, I realized how much of a slut Erica was, hahaha. When you watch one a week, you don't notice. But when you're watching them back to back, she had like 30 partners during the entire season, damn...

As for Trailer Park Boys... it's slapstick and ridiculous comedy, which makes it so funny. But I can understand why you would dislike it. Probably for the same reason why my wife (who's named Erica) hates Miami Vice. She's from Miami, and she believes it makes everyone think that Miami is a drug-infested **** -hole. So maybe you just don't like it... but possibly also because you think it gives a bad impression of Canada. Which it shouldn't... most people who see it know that Canada is not like that.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...the collection of unfertilized frog eggs you showed above

What makes you think those eggs are unfertilized?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What makes you think those eggs are unfertilized?

I don't know... doesn't really matter. I don't spend a lot of time looking at frog eggs. But just as I wouldn't go and try to mess up those eggs and squish them or whatever you might do... same reason why I wouldn't want to kill a human fetus.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know... doesn't really matter. I don't spend a lot of time looking at frog eggs. But just as I wouldn't go and try to mess up those eggs and squish them or whatever you might do... same reason why I wouldn't want to kill a human fetus.

my koi love tadpoles so we grow them as a fresh meat item for the fish
and the frogs eat bugs so a win win in the back yard but a bit noisy

anyway the eggs get the black dots after they are fertile
if undotted they are fish food directly as no growth will happen
[at least with my yard frogs call cuban tree frogs know to be very noisy ]

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wouldn't go and try to mess up those eggs and squish them or whatever you might do...

The only eggs I've ever "messed up" came from chickens.

Originally posted by ray b:

...and the frogs eat bugs so a win win in the back yard but a bit noisy

I'd love to have a "noisy" backyard like that!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-09-2022).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2022 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

as long as they don't affect other people. .

And THAT is exactly where the left is.....wrong.

Every-single-thing one does, including breathing and farting, affects other people in some way.

The left loves to use that "but it affects others..." argument to get their own way and (try to) maintain control. It's time for a new schtick.

Know something ? I am about to go to the store. Burn me some gasoline on the way (affecting others breathing air and the environment). Once I get there I am going to pick up some formerly-living slaughtered animal (thereby affecting and offending vegans and PETA everywhere). Then I am going to burn even more gas (dead earth, dead earth ) affecting even more to get home, where I am going to fry up my pork products and fill the atmosphere with the glorious smell of frying dead pig, thereby offending and affecting the olfactory sense of every muzzie calling for pork bans for miles around !! AND, if they can smell it that means they have been contaminated by it so are denied entrance to their pair-of-dice virgin gambling hall !!

Do I really give a crap who I am "affecting" ?????????? NOT in the slightest.

Time for them to grow up and learn the world DOESNT revolve around them

(Yes, Willie, I am out of bacon for home-made Poutine ! )

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 05-09-2022).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Know something ? I am about to go to the store...

Yeah yeah yeah... and you ran every red light and stop sign on the way. Such a rebel.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(Yes, Willie, I am out of bacon for home-made Poutine ! )

I was going to say that is abuse of good bacon, then I realized it's just Canadian bacon.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2022 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's only abuse when done outside the blessings of our patron saint, Otherwise its a sacrament.

St. Artery of the Clogged.
WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The radical/extremist/leftist sick cult are out in force. The leaders of the sick leftist cult are silent.

Interrupting church services by going inside.

No, it was arson, which had to be corrected.

Did I miss something? When did this happen? Misleading headline. Fake news.

MSNBC’s Ayman
Guest comedian Laurie Kilmartin:

"Here’s my feeling about the leaker. I would like to find out who the leaker is, so I could make sweet love to that person, because that person is a hero to me. Okay? And if the leaker — a lot of people are saying it could be a conservative — if the leaker is a Republican, and if I get pregnant during our lovemaking, I will joyfully abort our fetus, and let them know."

What is it with leftists who keep thinking people want to get 'nekid' with them? AOC? Krysten Sinema?
As I said before:
Making Love
Making a LIFE. A LIFE that you and your partner will LOVE more than anything. Till end of time. Eternity. That's how I see it.

What she really wanted to do was f*#k/make orgasm/screw that person. Because that's the way they view things. How they live. And mock what love truly is. You can love someone without intercourse. In this case, the LOVE was to PLEASURABLY KILL in her comedic rant.
This is how we've evolved as a society through -->Liberalism<--. This points to also what's going on with sick cult run schools and sick cult Disney/Florida debacle. Spread that ideology to the developing sponges brute force.

Laugh all you want.

Because of these people we will all eventually be required to get multiple vaccinations for the diseases these filth are gonna start spreading down the road. There are already ad campaigns for children before puberty to get papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WonderBoy:

sick cult...

Laugh all you want.

At your post(s)? No, there's nothing funny about them. I just shake my head.
WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2022 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At your post(s)? No, there's nothing funny about them. I just shake my head.

You've got a computer under your bed?

Best stay there, another variant is coming your way. Don't forget to stock up on Ensure and Dude Wipes.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2022 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nah, that wasn't all that funny either. With a bit more work though, you might be able to get on a roll with your "sick cult" routine.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2022 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SEE MY SIG
questions yes

answers no

I couldn't go through my life just endlessly questioning without determining what I believe. That is how I read what your reply means you do.
Also it seems that when someone asks a question of you, you choose not to answer because it might make you come to a conclusion.
WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2022 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:
I'm actually very middle of the road, but the radical views of the extreme Left really get to me sometimes.

Unlike the radical views of the extreme Right, some of which as are expressed on this very page? There are zealots in both camps.

Current events show that you're purpose in this thread is nothing more than to gas light. Not a peep about the degenerate, childish acts from the non evolved, A-N-I-M-A-L-S.
Office of Concerned Women for America vandalized over the weekend
Not an Animal, just probably a homeless ?man? who couldn't find a place to urinate? This person must be a bussed in activist from Nancy Pee's district. They piss and crap anywhere.

I don't like seeing my money fund evil. Which is something the extreme left wants to force everyone to take part in.
Sick Cult

Patrick's role in this thread:

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-10-2022 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[center]Office of Concerned Women for America vandalized over the weekend

So basically, he his actions told a bunch of feminists to STFU, MYOB and he pissed on 'em.

Well, hell. I've been doing that for decades !!!!!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2022 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sick Cult

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2022 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If they came to my neighborhood, they wouldn't like their neighbors.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2022 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

If they came to my neighborhood, they wouldn't like their neighbors.

No problem, they've taken up residence in the Boy's head.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2022 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The protests at the homes of Supreme Court Justices is illegal, but this Administration stays mum, and even encourages it in a round about way.

The Left is taking America down a path to mob rule, and I'm hoping it will come back to haunt them in the near future.
WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2022 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tim Scott rips into Treasury Secretary Yellen about economy and her blaming ban on abortion (when has this happened?) as a contributor. Again A TREASURY SECRETARY... What next? Secretary of Defense gonna chime in at a hearing and say recruitment is so and so because of abortion?

"Inflation is clearly a problem..." Not what she said last year. Lying #&$@*.

Or maybe she and her sick cult wants more abortions for the profitable and future age defying research materials?
WARNING: Click if you've got a strong stomach.

Yes, I feel very lucky that my dearly departed mother wanted a child that she knew she and my father could lovingly support and adequately provide for.
<*snip*>

..hoping to spread some enlightenment.

Happy Mother's Day, mom. I continue to try and make you and dad proud.

Then...
But in looney liberal land, in another alternate parallel universe/dimension/time line/black hole and every other weird theory our govs keep granting money (tax $$$) to lazy individuals for "study/research", your replica might not have been "very lucky".
Why are you addressing/channeling someone that isn't physically here? We have no souls, right? Or do we? If so, at least we agree on something.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2022 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why are you addressing/channeling someone that isn't physically here?

So now you're mocking me for thinking of my deceased mother on Mother's Day? Seriously?

I suspected you were an ass. You've now confirmed it.

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2022 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where we disagree, is that you believe the government should take action to protect people, even if it means (potentially) violating their rights. I understand this, I completely do.

I don't know if this is necessarily the line--doesn't the military exist to protect our rights/lives from foreign parties (in theory)?

Anyway, I think this is funny, because anti-choice people have extreme views on government involvement in what we do with our bodies. If you don't believe vaccines should be mandated, you should then therefore believe abortions should be allowed.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills sometimes here. How am I not the most logically consistent?

People should have full autonomy over what they do with their bodies:
  • No vaccines should be mandated by the government
  • No fetuses should be mandated to full term by the government
  • No jobs should be mandated (i.e., healthcare providers should not be compelled by law to provide care, no religious leaders should be compelled to provide marriages/services against their religion, no bakers should be required to bake a cake)
  • No military service should be mandated (i.e., get rid of selective service)

So many people here display what I think is some cognitive dissonance. "No vaccines should be mandated! I choose what I do with my body! Oh, but not you, you don't choose what you do with your body! I'm going to force you to carry an unwanted pregnancy against your will for 9 months, which carries far more risk and long-term health effects than a vaccine." This is actually what you believe.

I personally believe that the government's role should be very limited... and that such actions can be strongly recommended, but that shouldn't necessarily impugn on my rights if I don't want to participate. I know you can say (in this case) that abortion is violating someone's right. I realize that, and I realize my hypocrisy in this. But from my perspective, I also believe that a baby has rights too. There is some level of personal responsibility that needs to occur. Almost every state has laws respecting abortion for rape or incest. Your or my feelings aside, I think every state will continue to maintain such law... even though this comes out to less than 1/10th of 1% of abortions.

I respect your opinion, I do... so I'm not trying to change your opinion. But I recognize that there are things such as "morning after" pill, where the collection of unfertilized frog eggs you showed above, would never become an actual fetus or grow into a human being. I believe that human life is a gift from God. It's an inherent believe that I feel strongly about. So much so that I am also against the death penalty. And while I did go to Afghanistan (war), I was there to protect people (I am not a soldier) as a cybersecurity engineer. That does not mean that if our country was invaded, that I wouldn't take up arms... but I would hate it.

My views are carefully thought out, and are not based on any particular "team sport" ideology. A lot of people disagree with me... there are plenty of people who want to adopt, including homosexual couples. Bottom line, everyone has a right to life... and those who are the most innocent, deserve the right to at least try. They are guilty of nothing... they've literally done nothing... about as innocent as you can get, and they certainly don't deserve the death penalty because in 95% of cases, the person simply had sex without birth control.

Anyway, that's my opinion... I respect yours, but now you know how I feel and that's not changing. I used to support abortion before I'd ever really thought about it. I also used to be for the death penalty before I ever really thought about it.

Personal responsibility is a blanket excuse you're using to take away our rights. How far do you take that?
  • You left your door unlocked, therefore you bear responsibility for getting robbed
  • You walked in the dark alley, therefore you bear responsibility for being raped
  • You crossed over into the bad part of town, therefore you bear responsibility for getting murdered

In some ways, there is an argument for any of those. Had you not gone in that alley, maybe you wouldn't have been raped. But is that actually an argument? Do we actually use those arguments in that way?

You want to take away our bodily autonomy because there is another innocent party that now has rights. You have not addressed why one party simply existing allows them to override our own bodily autonomy.

I agree that the fetus has rights. I simply can't agree that they then deserve unimpeded access to our organs, and more so that their access to our organs should be protected by the government.

Some Republicans even want the death penalty for having an abortion. Imagine that. Protecting lives by taking lives.
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2022 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To address the part of the above post concerning the purpose of the military.

This is the oath that a member of the Military swears to....

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Edit to add...

There is no expiration date.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 05-11-2022).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2022 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If, as suggested, a fertilized egg is a full constitutionally-protected person that we are forced to bring to term, what do we do about IVF?

We can't ban abortion at conception on the argument that its right to life supersedes our rights without ending IVF.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2022 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe a policy supported by 20% of the population

is NOT a winning strategy for the 2022 election

and our con's can't understand that

btw the rump guy lost last nites election in flyover land Gop primary

maybe the evil is reseeding

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2022 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suggest starting again at the beginning of the thread. The trails that lead to your current abortion arguments ended long ago. You are walking on air.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-11-2022).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2022 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I believe a policy supported by 20% of the population

is NOT a winning strategy for the 2022 election

Some chose their position based on values, not " a winning strategy". I would rather be right than be "the winner".
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2022 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19334 posts
Member since Mar 2009

btw the rump guy lost last nites election in flyover land Gop primary

maybe the evil is reseeding

He won two of three in Nebraska and both in WV last night. In addition, he has won every other primary this year. That is a total of about 40 Trump endorsed primary wins.

Reseeding evil? Trump is tramping out that vintage. God willing, the left will not get to reap the evil they have sown.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2022 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The only eggs I've ever "messed up" came from chickens.

"You" in my response was generic... not YOU as in Patrick.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2022 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No problem.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-11-2022 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Some chose their position based on values, not " a winning strategy". I would rather be right than be "the winner".

Problem is conflicting values...and how to reconcile them.

Do we believe in slavery ? (no) forced-mandated just about anything (no) individuality, self-determination and freedom (oh hell yes)

Do we willingly take on our role to protect and do for the weak what they cant themselves ? To be "normal right-wing-racist-mysigonistic-nazi's"

If putting a 9mm to a babies head and firing is murder, then abortion is murder, that is simple....but it doesn't end there. When does refusing to become an organ donor become murder ??

If I pick and choose which homeless I give a meal or coat to, and one starves or freezes to death because another didn't, is that murder ? No, its not.

At the end of the day, I gotta agree with the "my body my choice" stance, for everything (including vax and abortion) WITH the caveat of "your choice, your responsibility"

And lets be honest, I'd much rather have a puppie than a baby shittin on my floors. A puppy can be trained in a few months, a baby is going to be shittin on you for 50 years plus.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock