Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  JohnWPB 1986 GT Fastback worklog (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
JohnWPB 1986 GT Fastback worklog by JohnWPB
Started on: 12-03-2010 12:28 AM
Replies: 1105 (45204 views)
Last post by: eric12 on 01-16-2022 07:03 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This page is MINE!

Ok, one step closer! I rented a U-Haul and took the car to the exhaust shop today. I brought the muffler, a diagram of a standard Fiero 3800 exhaust for reference, and my Corvette Z06 exhaust tips. They are not sure of the muffler I brought them, he thinks there is one that is identical, but around 3 inches shorter. This would give a little more clearance and room to work. They are going to call me tomorrow with more information when the main warehouse they order from is open.

Ole' Blue all ready to go to the shop on the trailer:

Up on the lift and the tech getting their first look at what needs to be done:

One thing the tech noticed immediately as we rolled the car back into the bay, was how bad the alignment camber was in the back! Changing an engine, transmission, and axles to completely different ones can cause that I hear

I should have the car back tomorrow afternoon, or possibly Monday, depending if their warehouse is open tomorrow or not. They are not sure if they took 4 days off or not for Thanksgiving.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 05-24-2018).]

IP: Logged
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2016 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the car back today, They custom made everything, wrapped the muffler and pipes, and installed my ZR1 tips. The total exhaust system, with them providing a muffler, all in, $425.

The Magnaflow muffler I had purchased, with it's 3" pipe, I was told was a bit overkill, as well as it would have been a lot louder. I went with a standard Z28 muffler, -vs- the performance one.

I hope to be actually driving the car here soon!

On another note, I miss this thread being in the General Chat. Seems it gets FAR less traffic and posts here in the Construction Zone.....

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-28-2016).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2016 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Super to see you are close to getting back behind the wheel of this beauty .... maybe Frazee for the tenth ??? Will be there with the "VERT"

your canadian friend
Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2016 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Driving it yet?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2016 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No.......... I can not get it to run. It sputters, pops and dies. I have checked, and re-checked the plug wire routing, as well as mechanic for verification. They are indeed going to the correct cylinders. New wires & plugs (Properly gapped). Fuel pressure holds at 50 PSI.

In a couple weeks I am going to flat-bed the car to a specialized mechanic that I have known for years. His shop specializes in hard to track down problems, and completely custom installs. It is probably going to cost an arm and a leg, but I know that he will get to the bottom of it, and I will finally have a running car. I am just so over this car and all the problems, I just want it finished, and I no longer have an interest in working on it, engine wise.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-15-2016).]

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2016 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WoW, I just finished reading the whole thread. Just WoW. I know exactly how you feel. I had similar problem with my OLD Fiero and finally threw in the towel on my 86 Turbo and started the whole fiasco again with an 88.
This time around it's much better. I think you may have a ICM grounding. Do you have a scanner and FP gauge? It was weird how you had to ground the actual starter and not just the block and frame.

I know your so done right now but a few months off and slowly come back to it. Driving the 3800SC is OMG so worth all the agony and frustration if/when you git it running like it is suppose to.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 12-15-2016).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2016 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005
If you don't have a scanner PM me for the info. They are cheap ~$20 off eBay but don't get the super cheap ones because it might not work.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2017 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2017 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to hear how this all turned out John!
I just read this whole thread as I just moved to the area and am hoping to hear that it all worked out for you.

Regards,

Van
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2017 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I was suprised to get a notice that there was a post to this thread. Since being moved to the construction zone. There seems to be very little traffic in here compared to when the thread was in general chat

I am pretty close to having it running now. I am having some sensor problems. The computer is getting incorrect air intake temperature, and coolant temperature. This is making the engine run like crap, as it is taking those temperatures as accurate, and trying to adjust air flow and fuel to compensate.

Where did you move to in the area? I am in West Palm Beach (It's the WPB part of my scree name actually )

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2017 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I picked up on that... I guess that's how I found your original build thread when I did the search for WPB

I just moved to Boynton Beach and It is really tough getting used to living in paradise! I am not missing the freezing cold rain of New Jersey right about now!

I am sorry to hear about your sensor issues. Have you replaced the temp sensor? I seem to remember getting a new one for around $30 when we did my swap.
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looked through this whole thread. Very entertaining read for sure. Not sure how well I would have taken to some of your adversities but good on you for making it through them. Good to see you are still chipping away at it.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2017 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, there certainly have been some adversities
The swap has been 99% complete for a few months now. I have been unable to track down why the engine is fumbling so bad, and I have to feather the throttle constantly to keep her running.

I decided to take it to a local shop, Alternative Automotive, that is VERY good. The entire shop from the 5 mechanics, receptionist and manager are all related. This business has been in their family for 30 years. They specialize in unusual and hard to find problems. I rented a U-Haul trailer, and dropped it off at their shop on Friday after work.

They are closed on the weekends. I did not hear from them today, but I forced myself to not call and bug them, and give them some time to go through it.

I am sure its probably gonna cost an arm and a leg, but I am just done with messing with this car. It has been a 5 year long nightmare, that I just want to end!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 05-01-2017).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John,

I can relate to the long road you have been on...BluDrm still is not finished because of other's BS and I started her before your current build.
I wish you the best with getting her completed this summer.
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John,

Well I hope they don't keep you in suspense too long! I know how hard it can be to try and have patience in a case like this. Your commitment to your project (both financial & emotional) will undoubtedly be an inspiration to many others on this forum! I myself can't wait to get a glimpse of your success when I see you driving that beauty around town someday soon!!!

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXopie I didn't realize you started yours before mine.... So yea then, you know how long a road it has been!

I hope to be driving it around here soon as well! The last Fiero I happened on in South Florida was around 4 years ago, I got along side and realized it was Lou, another Fiero owner in Del Ray beach. Fiero spottings are few and FAR between around here ;(

I called the shop today at 4:30, figuring I had been good by lasting 2 whole work days without calling them. She explained her dad has been backed up, and will not get a chance to really delve into it until tomorrow.

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2017 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I will have to be on the look out for Lou then because Delray isn't very far from me at all! I hope you have gotten some good news/feedback on your car's issue in the meanwhile. We are all still rooting for you John.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2017 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a call yesterday with an update. The mechanic started tracing the wires for the temperature sensor, as it is reading -38. If it was reading -40, it would be as if the sensor was unplugged, so there is an open circuit/break somewhere.

As he looked at the wire going to the sensor, it is the wrong color compared to the diagrams for an 04' GTP. He went to the ECU and could not find that colored wire at all. He opened the harness close to the sensor and discovered a barrel connector, where it switches from one color to another. So now he is in the process of trying to figure out what wire color they are on one end, and what color they are on the other end.

Having these different wire colors on each end really sucks! I will be paying for their Labor at $110 an hour just to be able to then test the harness
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2017 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't you buy that harness from someone?? They may know what color config they used.... just an idea.. hope ya get the old girl on the road ASAP...
regards

Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2017 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Didn't you buy that harness from someone?? They may know what color config they used.... just an idea.. hope ya get the old girl on the road ASAP...
regards

It is a wiring harness that was made in Canada. He offered to look at it, and make any repairs for free. The problem is, the car is at the shop, and the labor cost to take the whole harness all off of the car, and ship it and the computer to Canada, and wait to get it back, and the labor to re-install it all again.... it would probably cost more than the shop just fixing everything.

The harness looks great from the outside. However once you start to take the tape off, it is a jumble of all different wires connected with barrel connectors EVERYWHERE. One would think that running a single wire from the computer to the destination would be the way to do it. Just about all the wires in this harness are cut and spliced back together once the tape and loom is removed.

The mechanic started to take the tape off of the wiring harness, and many of the wires that were attached by barrel crimp connectors, just came out of the connectors. They were not fastened / crimped very well, and just the tension of taking the tape off the harness is pulling some of the wires out of the connectors. Next, he was able to find the yellow wire that is SUPPOSED to go to the temperature sensor, it was somehow routed to the A/C pressure switch.

The 2 wires that are supposed to be connected to the temperature switch are supposed to be yellow and..... damn, cant remember the other color. Anyhow, the yellow is the correct one on the computer end, just that it routed to the A/C pressure switch mid harness.

He is still trying to find where a couple of the other wires from the computer ended up. When he is done, he tells me he will solder and shrink tube the wires correctly.

After taking off the tape and wire loom, he found the yellow wire coming from the computer, meant to go to the temp sensor, it was going to the A/C pressure sensor instead:

Here are couple wires that came out of their barrel connectors when taking the tape off of the harness:

Again, I just can not seem to catch a break on this car! Any other person would purchase a harness, get the engine in, and start it up no problem. Not this F'n car! Brand new wiring harness is all screwed up and wires going to wrong sensors ect.....

AHe says he is not getting correct readings on a few more wires, so he is sure a few other wires are going to the wrong sensors from the computer.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 05-09-2021).]

Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2017 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's pretty common knowledge he splices the 3800 factory engine harness into the Fiero C203 and C500 connectors.
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Moved back to GFC per OP's request.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Moved back to GFC per OP's request.

Thank you Cliff! Though I do appreciate the move to the construction zone, the thread pretty much died when it got moved there. There just is, undeniably, much less traffic there.

Well, the car has been in the shop for 3 weeks now. This is not a problem, as for a slightly reduced labor rate, I told him to work on it in between other more pressing jobs. When I was there last week, it was all nestled into its own private corner of the shop. So at least it is inside all the time, and in very capable hands.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And now you know why I build my own harnesses for my swaps..........
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

And now you know why I build my own harnesses for my swaps..........

x2...
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2017 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear that your car is in safe capable hands. I am looking forward to hearing positive feedback from you on Alternative Automotive in West Palm Beach. I also can't wait for you to get your car back so I have another Fiero to hang with in the neighborhood. Crossing my fingers for you John!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2017 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has been a little over 3 weeks now, and no more news. I refuse to call them, (no matter HOW much I am dying to do so!) and be one of those nagging people.... "is it done yet".

As mentioned, for a reduced labor rate, they are working on it in between other cars during their down time.

I can't wait to get it back, as a have gotten some new tech to install. an HUD speedometer, as well as a TPS system (Tire pressure monitoring). I will post more information on those when I get the car back and install them.

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2017 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the HUD feature in Torque Pro/LT but only at night.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2017 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

. I will be paying for their Labor at $110 an hour just to be able to then test the harness

At that rate it would have been cheaper just to buy another proven harness and install it yourself.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2017 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

At that rate it would have been cheaper just to buy another proven harness and install it yourself.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2017 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I will re-post this, it is what I said above, and in the previous couple pages in this thread.

I am DONE working on this car! After 5 years I am FAR beyond fed up. Anyone who has read this thread knows the 100 or so things that this car has thrown at me time and time again. I am on the 3rd engine in this car now, and still not able to drive it.

That being the fact, I said, I am done, and am just taking it to a shop to complete it. I would like to actually drive the car at some point, and not start all over again with yet ANOTHER repeat of a project (this time the computer and wiring harness).

I mean seriously..... The concensus is that: I should pull the entire wiring harness & computer, package it up, and send it back to Canada. Then wait for him to go through it, and ship it back. Then take the time to reinstall everything all over AGAIN, and just cross my fingers and HOPE that this was even the problem?

I also said I know it is going to cost me an arm and a leg, but I just don't care at this point, I want to actually be able to drive the car before I die!
PFF
System Bot
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2017 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I heard that John was taking the route he chose for his harness issue I was pleased to hear it. After reading this entire thread and realizing what he has gone through, I thought about the nightmare I experienced with my own harness purchase. It was far and away the most agonizing part of my entire swap. I won't hijack this thread by expanding on this but anyone that frequents this forum should be well aware of the many issues that have been raised by some of the known harness builders. Without mentioning any names, I will say that had John decided to not go back to his harness builder and instead go with mine (another popular harness vendor here on PFF) I am fairly sure he would have suffered even more frustration and anger as a result. This route may cost more money but It is worth it in the end. You can't put a price on your sanity!
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2017 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a very sad story (if not the saddest of all!) and I hope you get your car finally running soon. My point is that if the current harness has issues maybe your mechanic will uncover and fix some but not all and later something may come up. Hope not the case. There are great suppliers here. This swap is very very old and the harness is not rocket science. When I did mine I don't remember people complaining about harness quality but more about delivery and price. Again, just hope you can get your car running and enjoying it. Good luck.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I just got "the phone call". The car is finished! He rattled the keys on the phone for me, and talked me through the next minute or so. He explained he was walking over to the car, reaching in and sticking the key in the ignition, and turning the key, I could hear it turn over what seemed like a 1/4 of a second, and then..... a nice steady rumble

It turns out it was all pretty much the fault of the wiring harness. 3 wires were going to the incorrect places, and the pig tail for the temp sensor was bad, and was not making contact internally. This was sending all sorts of conflicting information to the to computer. -38 degrees from the temp sensor, and a reading of 350 or so degrees on the intake. This was causing the engine to run ridiculously rich. He told me the white smoke that I had when I was able to get it started off of starte fluid was not smoke, but fuel vapor. He said he had to replace the spark plugs. I explained that the plugs were brand new, and the car has never been driven, and only ran a total of probably 15 minutes combined. He explained that the plugs were shot from running so rich, and he had them there to show me when I pick the car up.

Total charge, all in for diagnostics, wiring harness disassembly, removing all the barrel connectors and soldering all connections, re-assembly and wrapping of the wiring harness, a new temp sensor pig tail, and 6 new spark plugs, $480.57. VERY reasonable in my book, if not just for the aggravation saved!

So, I just got off the phone with State Farm, and the car, as of now has full coverage. I am hitting the local tag office first thing in the morning to get a new tag. Then it is off to pick the car up tomorrow afternoon.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Ok, I just got "the phone call". The car is finished!

Awesome! I'm happy to hear that!

I know it's been a long time coming.
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow!!!! That is fantastic...cue the Marching Band

It is great to hear that you are finally going to get to enjoy your car. Congrats for seeing it through.

Van
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

VanGTP5000

669 posts
Member since Feb 2017
Now if only this rain would stop you will be in great shape
tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GREAT NEWS! That's a very good price.
wgpierce

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, absolutely fabulous! Did they fully open the harness and replace all the barrel connectors? Would't want to see you a few months from now back here with more wiring issues!

Great news, hope you have a great time DRIVING it instead of working on it
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VanGTP5000:
Now if only this rain would stop you will be in great shape

Tell me about it! He could not take the car out this afternoon for a test drive, as the streets are pretty much flooded around his shop.

Originally posted by wgpierce:
Wow, absolutely fabulous! Did they fully open the harness and replace all the barrel connectors?

As far as I know, yes. He said he was going to. I will know more and get to look it over tomorrow afternoon.

I am not looking forward to the wait to get my tag tomorrow Our wonderful governor here in Florida decided to combine the drivers license offices, the tax collector and DMV's all into one building. This has happened all over the state. In my area, this put 4 Drivers license bureaus, 2 tax collectors and the tag office all into one building, with about 30% of the parking required. Most people park a 1/4 of a mile away in an Office Depot parking lot and huff it over. Last time I was there, I was in line for 6 hours, and that was after getting there 40 minutes before the doors opened! I could make an appointment, but it would be sometime in AUGUST!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-06-2017).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock